PDA

View Full Version : Fire Carlisle

monosylab1k
03-13-2009, 11:58 PM
This is the last straw. This dumbass has been clueless about having a rotation all year, he's keeping his bench in complete limbo, not letting them get any sort of confidence in their game, and he WILL NOT FUCKING PLAY GERALD GREEN.

Tonight against the Warriors, we were getting shit done in the 1st half with Dampier & Hollins. 2nd half, what happens? He starts to fucking play small ball with the Warriors. He's letting pure garbage like Barea & Wright jack up any shot they like. The entire team plays like they don't give a shit on defense, they make terrible decisions on offense, and if not for Jason Kidd playing with some level of basketball IQ, this might now be the dumbest team in the NBA.

We all fucking hated Avery for is irrational doghousing of players, for letting his ego get in the way of coaching, and for his micromanaging. Well Carlisle is no fucking better. He's the polar opposite of Avery in many ways, which is just as bad. Instead of micromanaging, he just lets shit be decided by whatever direction the wind is blowing. Instead of having a big ego and fiery personality, he's got all the charisma & fire of a dead horse. But he's got one thing in common with Avery - he's got Gerald Green in his dog house and won't let him out. For no good reason whatsoever. What's that, Green doesn't play defense? YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE YOU FUCKHEAD. Green had the athletic ability to neutralize a guy like Anthony Randolph, but instead Carlisle took the "safe route" and played shitbags like Wright and Barea.

FIRE CARLISLE!

FREE GERALD GREEN!

Chieflion
03-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Losing to the Heat and Warriors will make Mavs fans go insane.

sribb43
03-14-2009, 12:00 AM
We have Antoine Wright...no need for Green:bang

dirk4mvp
03-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Losing to the Heat and Warriors will make Mavs fans go insane.

Really, why's that?

MrChug
03-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes...Gerald Green is the answer to all your problems. :rolleyes

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Sadly, I kind of agree. I mean it took him all year to start giving minutes to Singleton, who's easily our 4th best player. When Singleton plays over 20 minutes, it's an automatic double double. And Green was putting up over 10ppg off 47% shooting before he got benched indefinitely for no apparent reason. The guy looks lost at times, it's hard to figure out what direction he's going in at times. Some of his substitutions absolutely baffle me.

lurker
I'm starting to think Gerald banged Carlisle's wife.

Ghazi
He's got 4 years left on his contract and we're already paying Avery.

monosylab1k

You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about so take your retarded ass bullshit and put it in a thread that needs it. You are seriously the dumbest motherfucker on SpursTalk. You stupid faggot.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 12:05 AM

BOHICA, Motherfucker! :lmao :loser

dirk4mvp
03-14-2009, 12:06 AM
We don't need another MrChug meltdown like last time when he had to pm a few people to beg for it not to get personal.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 12:06 AM
You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about so take your retarded ass bullshit and put it in a thread that needs it. You are seriously the dumbest motherfucker on SpursTalk. You stupid faggot.

:lmao I really needed that

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Warriors just hit more shots tonight.

Everytime a team loses doesn't mean it's because of coaching, lack of energy, etc etc, some nights the boys in blue just come up short. More nights this year than previous years due to a lack of talent.

Barea, Wright, Green, Carroll, George... yeahhh, i don't think it makes much of a difference who you throw out there at the 2/3 positions with Howard out, they're all subpar.

As for Green being in the doghouse, he's been in the doghouse everywhere he's gone, I'll trust the coaching staffs of the 4 teams he's been on in the last 3 years know more than we do. Dude didn't even have a job in the NBA last year.

monosylab1k
03-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Dude didn't even have a job in the NBA last year.

He played for the T-Wolves before being doghoused by the Rockets. And he wasn't doghoused by the Celtics, they had to include him in a trade for Kevin fucking Garnett.

monosylab1k
03-14-2009, 12:11 AM
It's just so fucking frustrating that it's forever "one step forward, two steps back" with this team.

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 12:11 AM
I meant the end of the year.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Warriors just hit more shots tonight.

Everytime a team loses doesn't mean it's because of coaching, lack of energy, etc etc, some nights the boys in blue just come up short. More nights this year than previous years due to a lack of talent.

Barea, Wright, Green, Carroll, George... yeahhh, i don't think it makes much of a difference who you throw out there at the 2/3 positions with Howard out, they're all subpar.

As for Green being in the doghouse, he's been in the doghouse everywhere he's gone, I'll trust the coaching staffs of the 4 teams he's been on in the last 3 years know more than we do. Dude didn't even have a job in the NBA last year.

All we can say as Mav fans is that the guy has shown some talent and promise in his very limited minutes with the team. That alone is evidence enough to give the dude a chance. At the very least, it can't get any worse than Barrea, who might be the worst "starting 2" in the nba. Electing to start Barrea at SG made my jaw drop

BlackSwordsMan
03-14-2009, 12:13 AM
I think mavs should get blake griffin with their 1st round draft pick

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Let's not make this loss out to be more than it is. Golden State is better than we realize anyway, 9-6 since Monta came back, dealing with a shitload of injuries this year, and pretty good at home. They're better than their record.

Every game from here on out is important, but it doesn't mean the guys in blue are gonna win all of them.

It was still a game we were "supposed to win", but Golden State at home is a tough out.

Most of us didn't even expect to beat Phoenix and Portland.

I'll be okaaaay with a 2-2 road trip, because I felt 1-3 or 0-4 were possible. 3-1 would've been great though, although it's still "possible" :hat

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Stackhouses expiring for Jamal Crawford/Barrea! I heard they wanted to get rid of his contract.

Brickhouse
03-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Barrea fucking sucks. I don't give a shit about the four games all season he played well. Opponents are just bothering with his midget ass now and he gets exposed all the time. Carlisle is a fucktard for playing him more than ten minutes.

exstatic
03-14-2009, 12:20 AM

Wow. You told tale with both wit and reparte'.

Now, take a step back form the ledge and look at how fucking desperate it is to be pinning your team's hopes on a player as far from JR Smith on the personality scale one way as Tim Duncan is the other way. Green is a fuckup and will always be a fuckup. If you want to be Denver or the current version of GS, sure, give his ass 20 shots per game.

ElNono
03-14-2009, 12:23 AM
He's got 4 years left on his contract and we're already paying Avery.

:lmao

monosylab1k
03-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Wow. You told tale with both wit and reparte'.

Now, take a step back form the ledge and look at how fucking desperate it is to be pinning your team's hopes on a player as far from JR Smith on the personality scale one way as Tim Duncan is the other way. Green is a fuckup and will always be a fuckup. If you want to be Denver or the current version of GS, sure, give his ass 20 shots per game.

Oh hey, look! Spurs fans are so fucking smart that they know more about a barely-used Mavs bench player than the Mavs fans who watch every game do!!!!!

Hey, does it work the other way around? Since my team kicked your ass in 06, does that now mean I know more about Ime Udoka than any Spurs fan?

ElNono
03-14-2009, 12:27 AM
mono... I realize you want somebody's head chopped off, and the coach is the easier fuse to blow, but don't you really mean fire Donnie?

monosylab1k
03-14-2009, 12:28 AM
mono... I realize you want somebody's head chopped off, and the coach is the easier fuse to blow, but don't you really mean fire Donnie?

yeah but firing Donnie won't happen. He and Cuban are too close, and honestly I think Cuban likes keeping Donnie around mostly because of how much it must piss off Nellie.

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 12:29 AM
The person we must really "fire" is Stack and Howard for a 2 guard this offseason IMO.

ElNono
03-14-2009, 12:31 AM
yeah but firing Donnie won't happen. He and Cuban are too close, and honestly I think Cuban likes keeping Donnie around mostly because of how much it must piss off Nellie.

Surreal what happened today, after reading that long ass article...
Oh, well... looks like you guys made the playoffs anyways, thanks to the Suns suckitude.... Good luck with LA...

monosylab1k
03-14-2009, 12:31 AM
The person we must really "fire" is Stack and Howard for a 2 guard this offseason IMO.

LOL but those guys mean so much to the team, right? I mean it would have been absolutely stupid to trade both of them to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace. That's a "lateral move" at best.

ElNono
03-14-2009, 12:32 AM
You can't leave Dick Breath off that list...

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 12:34 AM
LOL but those guys mean so much to the team, right? I mean it would have been absolutely stupid to trade both of them to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace. That's a "lateral move" at best.

Well Wallace isn't a 2 guard, it's a lateral move talent wise (Wallace for Howard, Stack/Howard would be too much salary :-P) but Wallace could probably be a better fit and has better D and energy.

The question is, why the hell would the Bobcats do that? It would be a salary dump possibility as Wallace's contract isn't up until 2012-2013.

monosylab1k
03-14-2009, 12:38 AM
it's a lateral move talent wise

ElNono
03-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Well Wallace isn't a 2 guard, it's a lateral move talent wise (Wallace for Howard, Stack/Howard would be too much salary :-P) but Wallace could probably be a better fit and has better D and energy.

The question is, why the hell would the Bobcats do that? It would be a salary dump possibility as Wallace's contract isn't up until 2012-2013.

Is that you Donnie?

Donnie Nelson
03-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Is that you Donnie?
Pffffftttt! Of course not. Everybody with a brain knows that we'd be giving up a huge deal of talent & veteran experience by trading Josh & Jerry for Gerald Wallace.

I'd rather see my boys capable of attempting a stepback jumper over some loser with his energetic dunks any day!

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 12:47 AM

I said talent wise, not player wise. Gerald is better than J-Ho now but their NBA careers have been pretty similar as far as production and I'm not sure if Gerald is better than the J-ho of 2-3 years ago. Gerald isn't significantly more talented than J-Ho.

mavsluva
03-14-2009, 01:40 AM
The words "we" and "our" are getting thrown around quite frequently within this thread. I had no idea that the Mavs players and/or staff were a member of this board.

How neat.

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Oh don't be so technical.

lefty
03-14-2009, 01:56 AM
I'm starting to think Gerald banged Carlisle's wife.

Actually, he banged Carlisle

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 03:01 AM
So let's look forward at the Mavs this year.

AS far as I can tell, we're not locked into an 8th seed yet. But the margin of error is REALLy small. 12-4 is probably the worst you can do and hope to move up in the standings. Also, 8 of the final 12 games are @ home, so lets take a look at the beloved Mavs schedule:

@ Lakers
v Pistons
@ Hawks
@ Pacers
v Warriors
v Nuggets
@ Cavs
@ Timberwolves
v Heat
@ Grizzlies
v Jazz
v Suns
v Hornets
@ Hornets
v Timberwolves
v Rockets

The games i highlighted are the ones I see us having very little shot of winning. All the other games are winnable, but obviously not all are assured wins.

If we play with some consistency and protect the home court, we can dodge the Lakers in the 1st round.

Austin_Toros
03-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Why is Gerald Green getting benched (as with T-Wolves and Rockets)???
He's proven he can play- take a look back at his time at Boston.

Hopefully the Mavs realise this kid's potential to play and finally give him minutes. If not, I hope Green signs with another team in the offseason- a team that will appreciate him.

Amarelooms
03-14-2009, 07:21 AM
So let's look forward at the Mavs this year.

AS far as I can tell, we're not locked into an 8th seed yet. But the margin of error is REALLy small. 12-4 is probably the worst you can do and hope to move up in the standings. Also, 8 of the final 12 games are @ home, so lets take a look at the beloved Mavs schedule:

@ Lakers
v Pistons
@ Hawks
@ Pacers
v Warriors
v Nuggets
@ Cavs
@ Timberwolves
v Heat
@ Grizzlies
v Jazz
v Suns
v Hornets
@ Hornets
v Timberwolves
v Rockets

The games i highlighted are the ones I see us having very little shot of winning. All the other games are winnable, but obviously not all are assured wins.

If we play with some consistency and protect the home court, we can dodge the Lakers in the 1st round.

That is a tough ass schedule....Mavs can still melt down and not make the playoffs....if the Suns get hot, it's gonna be close :elephant

monosylab1k
03-14-2009, 08:41 AM
The words "we" and "our" are getting thrown around quite frequently within this thread. I had no idea that the Mavs players and/or staff were a member of this board.

How neat.

I work for the Mavs so I'll say we and our as much as I fucking want. How about if you work on actually having something worthwhile to say so that you don't have to resort to weak ass shit like that.

mavsfan1000
03-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Gerald Green's plus/minus stats are -10. Therefore, he is shit until proven otherwise. But I do think we need to rebuild so might as well play the young players.

exstatic
03-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh hey, look! Spurs fans are so fucking smart that they know more about a barely-used Mavs bench player than the Mavs fans who watch every game do!!!!!

Hey, does it work the other way around? Since my team kicked your ass in 06, does that now mean I know more about Ime Udoka than any Spurs fan?

You probably know more about Udoka than most Spurs fans. That doesn't stop your boy from being a punk. Dallas is the only place he's ever played, so I shouldn't have heard of him? He has a reputation in the league, and it isn't a good one.

lurker
03-14-2009, 10:29 AM
That is a tough ass schedule....Mavs can still melt down and not make the playoffs....if the Suns get hot, it's gonna be close :elephant
I laughed last night when they showed a commercial for the Warriors/Suns game saying, "the Warriors look to cool down the Phoenix Suns."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 11:45 AM
monosylab1k is by far the coolest Mavs fan on this board. Antoine Wright was a throw in for the J-Kidd trade and now he plays way too much, when Gerald Green might not be extremely polished, he dam well can contribute a lot more than Antoine Wright. This seems like a no brainer to me. And Carlisle is a bad coach, they started 2-7 cause he wanted to run the Princeton offense for no reason.

sribb43
03-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Its so simple, the mavs arent playing Green so that they can resign him in the summer to a cheap multi-year deal bc they dont want to expose him to the rest of the league and raise his vaule...

If Donnie doesnt move the expiring contracts of Damp, J-Ho and Stack this offseason I will personally go down to the AAC and start a protest right before training camp...anyone want to join me?

While other teams are waiting for 2010 the Mavs have a great opportunity to add some quality pieces around Dirk with those expiring deals...makes shit happen Donnie, or else

Austin_Toros
03-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Gerald Green- the man that did the birthday cake dunk deserves big minutes.
Doing that dunk alone should be enough to get a starting position.

sribb43
03-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Green got a total of 00.9 sec of PT tonight. Carlisle basically with a slap in the face to Green by inserting him for defense of all things with 00.9 sec left in the 1st half. I'm not the biggest GG fan but that was some BS by Rick......Fuck Carlisle.

mavs>spurs2
03-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Green got a total of 00.9 sec of PT tonight. Carlisle basically with a slap in the face to Green by inserting him for defense of all things with 00.9 sec left in the 1st half. I'm not the biggest GG fan but that was some BS by Rick......Fuck Carlisle.

Yeah it's definately personal between Rick and Gerald. No other reason he would do that

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Somewhere Avery Johnson is sitting back laughing his ugly ass off.

sook
03-17-2009, 11:04 PM
This is the last straw. This dumbass has been clueless about having a rotation all year, he's keeping his bench in complete limbo, not letting them get any sort of confidence in their game, and he WILL NOT FUCKING PLAY GERALD GREEN.

Tonight against the Warriors, we were getting shit done in the 1st half with Dampier & Hollins. 2nd half, what happens? He starts to fucking play small ball with the Warriors. He's letting pure garbage like Barea & Wright jack up any shot they like. The entire team plays like they don't give a shit on defense, they make terrible decisions on offense, and if not for Jason Kidd playing with some level of basketball IQ, this might now be the dumbest team in the NBA.

We all fucking hated Avery for is irrational doghousing of players, for letting his ego get in the way of coaching, and for his micromanaging. Well Carlisle is no fucking better. He's the polar opposite of Avery in many ways, which is just as bad. Instead of micromanaging, he just lets shit be decided by whatever direction the wind is blowing. Instead of having a big ego and fiery personality, he's got all the charisma & fire of a dead horse. But he's got one thing in common with Avery - he's got Gerald Green in his dog house and won't let him out. For no good reason whatsoever. What's that, Green doesn't play defense? YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE YOU FUCKHEAD. Green had the athletic ability to neutralize a guy like Anthony Randolph, but instead Carlisle took the "safe route" and played shitbags like Wright and Barea.

FIRE CARLISLE!

FREE GERALD GREEN!

Wow...talk about knee jerk.

There is a reason that Carlisle won't play him and why the Rockets waived him and signed wafer and white to contracts and not green, even when Green a houstonian was ecstatic about playing for the rockets.

He sucks.

The guy's stats are misleading, he is more of a garbage time kind of guy that has no clue on how the offense is wrong and will miss his defensive rotation every time.

Sorry, i didn't realize you were more knowledgeable than carlisle :lol

sook
03-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah it's definately personal between Rick and Gerald. No other reason he would do that

Yea tell green to bring Pot to the locker room like he did here in Houston. Major major attitude problems with this guy. Rick Adelman is probably the most laid back coach in the NBA after Don Nelson, so if he wanted him gone, trust me Carlisle isn't the problem

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Yea tell green to bring Pot to the locker room like he did here in Houston. Major major attitude problems with this guy. Rick Adelman is probably the most laid back coach in the NBA after Don Nelson, so if he wanted him gone, trust me Carlisle isn't the problem

Mike D'antoni is way more laid back than either one.

monosylab1k
03-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Wow...talk about knee jerk.

There is a reason that Carlisle won't play him and why the Rockets waived him and signed wafer and white to contracts and not green, even when Green a houstonian was ecstatic about playing for the rockets.

He sucks.

The guy's stats are misleading, he is more of a garbage time kind of guy that has no clue on how the offense is wrong and will miss his defensive rotation every time.

Sorry, i didn't realize you were more knowledgeable than carlisle :lol

Are you really this bitter about a few Mav fans calling your gay crush Scola an ugly fuck?

dirk4mvp
03-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Are you really this bitter about a few Mav fans calling your gay crush Scola an ugly fuck?

yes.

sook
03-18-2009, 01:06 PM

lol..that whole thing was a joke but do you really think Gerald Green is a good player? I admit i was pretty excited when he first came to houston too but the guy is worthless. Who knows what a year or 2 of college could have done for him, i think the best option would be to assign him to a D league team

Ghazi
03-18-2009, 01:23 PM
We can criticize Carlisle for some things, but Gerald Greens minutes shouldn't be one of those things. At the end of the day it's really not gonna make a difference who you give the 2/3 minutes to out of Wright, George, Barea, Green, Carroll, they're all below average players. Wright is less talented than Green but less of a black hole and unquestionably a better defender. Anywho, all these guys suck so the minutes are irrelevant.

Yeah.... he's shown some flashes here and there in the limited action he's had, but the bottom line is the guys a fucking scrub. That's why he's been on 4 teams in the past 3 years, that's why we were able to get him for less than $1 million dollars. Cause he sucks.

There's no correlation between Green playing and the Mavs winning anyway. 5-7 in his starts, and it just so happens some of the periods where he's received extended action have been bad stretches for the Mavs.

Not saying it's his fault, but he's not a difference maker at the end of the day. A black hole on offense with little basketball IQ who can't get to the FT line and who is wild and looks confused at times out there.

This is similar to Mono's infatuation with Shawne Williams... despite his illustrious 29% shooting from the field and 6% shooting from behind the arc AND his baggage :lol

sook
03-18-2009, 01:25 PM
We can criticize Carlisle for some things, but Gerald Greens minutes shouldn't be one of those things. At the end of the day it's really not gonna make a difference who you give the 2/3 minutes to out of Wright, George, Barea, Green, Carroll, they're all below average players. Wright is less talented than Green but less of a black hole and unquestionably a better defender. Anywho, all these guys suck so the minutes are irrelevant.

Yeah.... he's shown some flashes here and there in the limited action he's had, but the bottom line is the guys a fucking scrub. That's why he's been on 4 teams in the past 3 years, that's why we were able to get him for less than $1 million dollars. Cause he sucks.

There's no correlation between Green playing and the Mavs winning anyway. 5-7 in his starts, and it just so happens some of the periods where he's received extended action have been bad stretches for the Mavs.

Not saying it's his fault, but he's not a difference maker at the end of the day. A black hole on offense with little basketball IQ who can't get to the FT line and who is wild and looks confused at times out there.

This is similar to Mono's infatuation with Shawne Williams... despite his illustrious 29% shooting from the field and 6% shooting from behind the arc AND his baggage :lol

Ghazi, we have had some disagreements, but i think you are spot on on this post. Excellent points, and yea its not that hard to figure out. And tbh...i would rather have carlisle than adelman

Ghazi
03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't really have a problem with Carlisle. His rotations are perplexing at times but you need lemons to make lemonade.

The fact that we have to resort to gimmicky lineups such as Barea as the starting 2 and Bass getting minutes at the 5 is because the roster simply sucks.

It's not as if the guys in blue are woefully underachieving this year. I'd say they're right where they belong, 41-27 on pace for probably 49-51 wins.

Doc Rivers wasn't lauded as a great coach and then won a championship with the Celtics. It's a player's league at the end of the day and our guys in blue just don't have the pieces. That's the FO's fault and just the natural cycle of a team declining because it's been good for so long. This may be the 9th straight 50 win season for the Mavs so of course we're declining. Notice that the rise of the Cavs is due to being shitty the year Lebron came out, the rise of the Magic is due to being shitty when Dwight came out, the Celtics rose because they acquired assets to form the Big 3 because of a slew of shitty years, the Lakers kinda got lucky with Gasol but acquiring Bynum required them to have a 34-48 season.

Conclusion: It's very likely that for the beloved guys in blue to be really good again, we're gonna have to hit rock bottom. We're not there yet.

stretch
03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
It's not as if the guys in blue are woefully underachieving this year. I'd say they're right where they belong, 41-27 on pace for probably 49-51 wins.

In all honesty, its very arguable that they are overachieving, considering all the injuries they have had, yet still could very possibly get 50 wins.

monosylab1k
03-18-2009, 02:08 PM

I keep forgetting how retarded you are, but you keep reminding me.

The Mavs aren't a great team, you yourself said that, the Mavs aren't winning a championship anytime soon, you yourself admit that, and the Mavs AREN'T GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING BY CONSTANTLY PLAYING THEIR SHIT OLD GUYS.

If Carlisle had any insight on the team he'd know that the only way to know if Gerald Green can help you is to give him playing time. And to give him a fair shot, not playing him in situations where he has no chance to succeed and then judge him based on that.

This is an old, slow, unathletic team that will only get worse. Green and Williams are the two most athletic guys on the roster. Williams has had personal issues, which probably affected his shooting, but even so he showed that his defense & rebounding alone were good enough to merit playing time that he didn't receive. If this team wants any chance at all in the future, THEY HAVE TO DEVELOP THEIR YOUNG ATHLETES.

IF THE MAVS AREN'T WINNING A TITLE, THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING? Because they sure as hell have shown they aren't interested in looking at the future.

But I'm sure you love cheering on our pathetic old ass roster, because Green getting a fair shot might mean that your beloved J-Ho or George or Barea or whoever the fuck else might not get the playing time he deserves :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-18-2009, 02:10 PM
But I'm sure you love cheering on our pathetic old ass roster, because Green getting a fair shot might mean that your beloved J-Ho or George or Barea or whoever the fuck else might not get the playing time he deserves :cry

haha owned.

monosylab1k
03-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I could easily see Gerald Green playing an Ariza-type role on the Mavericks. But Carlisle is so damn stupid he'll never let it happen. I guarantee you Trevor Ariza, despite being a huge asset for the Lakers, couldn't log regular minutes on the Carlisle Mavericks. He's not old enough, slow enough, or "veteran savvy" enough. Ghazi and every other Mavs homer would talk about his lack of BBall IQ being a huge problem.

sook
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
I could easily see Gerald Green playing an Ariza-type role on the Mavericks. But Carlisle is so damn stupid he'll never let it happen. I guarantee you Trevor Ariza, despite being a huge asset for the Lakers, couldn't log regular minutes on the Carlisle Mavericks. He's not old enough, slow enough, or "veteran savvy" enough.

I think what green needs is a decent B-ball IQ, he has all the tools but he plays like a mini stromile swift.

monosylab1k
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
I think what green needs is a decent B-ball IQ, he has all the tools but he plays like a mini stromile swift.

If he had a role & identity on the team maybe that would happen.

sribb43
03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
The BB-IQ of Gerald Green grows less and less as the sits on the bench.

Ghazi
03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
I keep forgetting how retarded you are, but you keep reminding me.

The Mavs aren't a great team, you yourself said that, the Mavs aren't winning a championship anytime soon, you yourself admit that, and the Mavs AREN'T GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING BY CONSTANTLY PLAYING THEIR SHIT OLD GUYS.

If Carlisle had any insight on the team he'd know that the only way to know if Gerald Green can help you is to give him playing time. And to give him a fair shot, not playing him in situations where he has no chance to succeed and then judge him based on that.

This is an old, slow, unathletic team that will only get worse. Green and Williams are the two most athletic guys on the roster. Williams has had personal issues, which probably affected his shooting, but even so he showed that his defense & rebounding alone were good enough to merit playing time that he didn't receive. If this team wants any chance at all in the future, THEY HAVE TO DEVELOP THEIR YOUNG ATHLETES.

IF THE MAVS AREN'T WINNING A TITLE, THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING? Because they sure as hell have shown they aren't interested in looking at the future.

Shawne mutha fuckin Williams!

1. You're actually exaggerating how old the Mavs are. The core of Kidd/Dirk/Terry is all on the wrong side of 30 but what are we gonna do, NOT play them?

The guys eating up potential minutes for Green such as Barea/Wright/Singleton are in their mid 20's themselves. Yeah yeah Devean George, but he's out for the year now so that's moot. As for when Howard comes back, I'll take J-Blunt as a black hole over GG as a black hole.

Guys like Malik Allen Juwan Howard Eddie Jones Lue and Stackhouse actually got replaced by much younger guys such as Barea/WRight/Singleton/Bass/Hollins. Yeahhh these guys aren't gonna scare the NBA anytime soon but same goes for Green.

2. We don't "have" to develop Gerald Green. he's on a 1 year contract and probably doesn't have a future with the Mavs, maybe not even a future in the NBA. No core with Gerald mutha fuckin Green is going to scare anyone anyway.

3. Ariza is light years ahead of Green and it'll probably always be that way

4. I suppose you're implying the Mavs should've blown it up and started a youth movement. I dunno about you, but I'd rather watch a hopeless 50-55 win team than a hopeless 20-30 win team. I say hopeless because the next 6-7 years belong to: Lebron and gang, the Lakers, Blazers, Durant/Westbrook/Green, maybe the Cheat will build a good team or two around D-Whistle the primadonna wheelchair bitch.

Yeah... even though blowing it up is gonna have to happen eventually, I doubt you'd LOVE watching a bunch of young shitty 20-30 win teams MAYBE mature into a 50-55 win team in 5-6 years only to lose in the 2nd round to the Thunder, Jazz, or Blazers.

This is all implying that a franchise player would actually fall into our lap.

With Stackhouse/Howard/Damp having skyrocketing contractual value this summer, I think our guys in blue may be capable of improving. Maybe not entering the class of elites, but such is life.

Conclusions: Mavs are doomed for the next decade regardless of FO competency or whether or not they blow it up. Just accept the mediocrity for now, look back on our 2006 championship and 9 50 win seasons and be proud of the guys in blue, and hope that one day in the near future we luck our way into the next D-Whistle, Kobe, Lebron, etc.

triple t's
03-18-2009, 05:21 PM

1. You're actually exaggerating how old the Mavs are. The core of Kidd/Dirk/Terry is all on the wrong side of 30 but what are we gonna do, NOT play them?

The guys eating up potential minutes for Green such as Barea/Wright/Singleton are in their mid 20's themselves. Yeah yeah Devean George, but he's out for the year now so that's moot. As for when Howard comes back, I'll take J-Blunt as a black hole over GG as a black hole.

Guys like Malik Allen Juwan Howard Eddie Jones Lue and Stackhouse actually got replaced by much younger guys such as Barea/WRight/Singleton/Bass/Hollins. Yeahhh these guys aren't gonna scare the NBA anytime soon but same goes for Green.

2. We don't "have" to develop Gerald Green. he's on a 1 year contract and probably doesn't have a future with the Mavs, maybe not even a future in the NBA. No core with Gerald mutha fuckin Green is going to scare anyone anyway.

4. I suppose you're implying the Mavs should've blown it up and started a youth movement. I dunno about you, but I'd rather watch a hopeless 50-55 win team than a hopeless 20-30 win team. I say hopeless because the next 6-7 years belong to: Lebron and gang, the Lakers, Blazers, Durant/Westbrook/Green, maybe the Cheat will build a good team or two around D-Whistle the primadonna wheelchair bitch.

Yeah... even though blowing it up is gonna have to happen eventually, I doubt you'd LOVE watching a bunch of young shitty 20-30 win teams MAYBE mature into a 50-55 win team in 5-6 years only to lose in the 2nd round to the Thunder, Jazz, or Blazers.

With Stackhouse/Howard/Damp having skyrocketing contractual value this summer, I think our guys in blue may be capable of improving. Maybe not entering the class of elites, but such is life.

Conclusions: Mavs are doomed for the next decade regardless of FO competency or whether or not they blow it up. Just accept the mediocrity for now, look back on our 2006 championship and 9 50 win seasons and be proud of the guys in blue, and hope that one day in the near future we luck our way into the next D-Whistle, Kobe, Lebron, etc.
owned ... :nope Besides, who says you have to suffer through years of mediocrity just to build a decent team anyways? Make the right trades and this core will be fine. Those teams that ARE building through their youth HAVE NO CHOICE! They dont have a franchise player to build around, nor do they have enough talent / payroll / intangibles to bring in said players. Big markets bring big talent. Small markets have to develop their stars. And unfortunately, those STARS go onto better markets once they know better.

Whats stupid is that people, tend to want to trade Dirk, just to bring in another player that only hopes one day that he will be as good as dirk when dirk is clearly still in the prime of his career. So many things can happen from year to year that you dont ever want to doom yourself back to the stoneage unless there is a dam good reason.

Second, Green just isn't a very good professional basketball player. He may look good to you, but not good enough to the people that see him practice on a daily basis. As a fan, we can be frustrated, but its safe to assume that due to our lack of knowledge, that we know very little about whats actually going on.

monosylab1k
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM

Don't worry Ghazi, you'll get your wish. You can watch your beloved Barea/Howard/George play like beloved ass on the court as the beloved Mavs get their ass blown out of the 1st round for a couple more years before Dirk gets fed up and leaves. You'll really love the beloved Mavs then, right?

OR you can work on building an athletic core around Dirk, guys that can match the athleticism of the othe elite teams. Those guys WON'T BE GOOD UNLESS THEY GET THE CHANCE TO PLAY THROUGH THEIR MISTAKES. Green & Williams were both highly touted prospects, and both have 20ppg potential according to alot of experts. We don't need them to be that, but if they GET A CHANCE they can learn to be quality role players.

Anthony Randolph looked like complete shit as the season's gone on, but Nellie had the intelligence to start playing him when the season was hopeless. Now Randolph is giving the Warriors quality minutes and in his spare time curbstomps the Mavericks. You can talk about the difference in GS's record against Dallas' record, but they both have one thing in common - they aren't winning a fucking title anytime soon. That said, Golden State's future looks a hell of a lot brighter than the Mav's future, and that's because THEY'RE DEVELOPING THEIR YOUNG TALENT.

We act like it's incredibly difficult to do it in the NBA, but it happens for EVERYBODY BUT THE MAVS. The Lakers developed Ariza, The Rockets developed Von Wafer, the Spurs developed Bonner, the Jazz developed CJ Miles, Boston developed Rondo, Orlando developed Nelson, Denver developed JR Smith. Some of these players were multiple-team castoffs, just like Green. Some were trade after the team that drafted them gave up, just like Williams.

The bottom line is that all those teams know how to develop their young players, and the Mavericks don't. And what good is a coach if he can't fucking coach?

Ghazi
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Don't worry Ghazi, you'll get your wish. You can watch your beloved Barea/Howard/George play like beloved ass on the court as the beloved Mavs get their ass blown out of the 1st round for a couple more years before Dirk gets fed up and leaves. You'll really love the beloved Mavs then, right?

OR you can work on building an athletic core around Dirk, guys that can match the athleticism of the othe elite teams. Those guys WON'T BE GOOD UNLESS THEY GET THE CHANCE TO PLAY THROUGH THEIR MISTAKES. Green & Williams were both highly touted prospects, and both have 20ppg potential according to alot of experts. We don't need them to be that, but if they GET A CHANCE they can learn to be quality role players.

Anthony Randolph looked like complete shit as the season's gone on, but Nellie had the intelligence to start playing him when the season was hopeless. Now Randolph is giving the Warriors quality minutes and in his spare time curbstomps the Mavericks. You can talk about the difference in GS's record against Dallas' record, but they both have one thing in common - they aren't winning a fucking title anytime soon. That said, Golden State's future looks a hell of a lot brighter than the Mav's future, and that's because THEY'RE DEVELOPING THEIR YOUNG TALENT.

We act like it's incredibly difficult to do it in the NBA, but it happens for EVERYBODY BUT THE MAVS. The Lakers developed Ariza, The Rockets developed Von Wafer, the Spurs developed Bonner, the Jazz developed CJ Miles, Boston developed Rondo, Orlando developed Nelson, Denver developed JR Smith. Some of these players were multiple-team castoffs, just like Green. Some were trade after the team that drafted them gave up, just like Williams.

The bottom line is that all those teams know how to develop their young players, and the Mavericks don't. And what good is a coach if he can't fucking coach?

Yeah... we'd probably look a lot younger with our 2004, 2006, and 2008 draft picks but those were all given up for Kidd. Our FO wanted to win now and it hasn't worked out, and this is the price we pay (lacking young talent). After all, Devin Harris is a young talent. Maurice Ager... meh. Pavel sucks though.

2010 draft pick going to the Nets too

2007 draft pick was given up for Dampier.

You can't have it both ways. Our guys made the Kidd trade to win now and it didn't work out, but you can't fault the INTENT of the front office. The price is lacking young talent.

Anywho, I guess we can say we're "developing" Antoine "garbage" Wright. :bking