PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth hits, kills Fla. pedestrian

Pistons < Spurs
03-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said.

Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit a 49-year-old man around 7 a.m., said Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez. The unidentified pedestrian was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth, 28, was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine, but police said it was too early to tell if Stallworth was impaired or violating traffic laws. Police would not say where he was coming from or where he was headed.

Miami-Dade County property records show he owns two condos in a building on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami not far from the causeway and another condo in a different building in Miami.

A message seeking comment was left on the voicemail of his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns as a free agent before last season but hardly played because he was hurt. He was due a $4.75 million signing bonus Friday.

He previously played for the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints in the NFL and the University of Tennessee in college.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090314/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_stallworth_pedestrian_killed

pkbpkb81
03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
just saw this on yahoo was going to post it here

beat me to it

anyway veary sad for the mans family

J.T.
03-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Hopefully that blood test comes back negative for any substances or else The Man is gonna fuck up his life.

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2009, 05:16 PM
just saw this on yahoo was going to post it here

beat me to it

anyway veary sad for the mans family

$$$$$$$$$

jack sommerset
03-14-2009, 05:54 PM
No charges were filed, that says something.

pkbpkb81
03-14-2009, 05:55 PM
No charges were filed, that says something.

until the blood test comes back and showes he was on coke

Pistons < Spurs
03-14-2009, 08:58 PM
PROSECUTORS POISED TO CHARGE STALLWORTH WITH DUI

As authorities in South Florida wait for the results of a blood draw performed on Browns receiver Donte’ Stallworth, a source with knowledge of the investigation tells us that prosecutors are preparing an indictment for DUI manslaughter, under the assumption that the results will show that Stallworth’s blood alcohol content exceeded the legal limit of 0.08 percent when he collided with a pedestrian, who later died.

Per the source, Stallworth admitted to drinking at least four Patrons and two Margaritas. A separate source called that information “basically right,” but added that Stallworth contends he had his last drink at midnight. The incident occurred after 7:00 a.m. local time.

We’re also told that Stallworth claimed in his statement to police that he saw the man crossing the street from a distance, and flashed the high beams and honked the horn of the Bentley he was driving. Apparently, there’s an issue as to whether Stallworth could have taken evasive action because of a barrier along the median.

We’re told that Stallworth is badly shaken by the news that the pedestrian had died.

And, frankly, he should be. Apart from the fact that he was involved in an accident that claimed a man’s life, Stallworth could be facing serious criminal liability, if the pending test reveals an impermissibly high concentration of alcohol in his blood.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/14/prosecutors-poised-to-charge-stallworth-with-dui/

Vinnie_Johnson
03-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Who the hell is going to the beach at 7am?

timvp
03-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Wonder what will be longer -- his jail sentence or his suspension from the NFL.

I'll guess B.

Harry Callahan
03-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Stallworth is a talented guy but bad stuff just seems to crop up with him. His football career is on the line now. It's sad for him but this incident is obviously more serious than the other stuff. I think he was not getting along with team management or drinking too much in New Orleans mostly. He also tended to get hurt a lot the last couple of years.

I was just in South Florida on business, and I actually saw a vehicle/pedestrian accident while going to eat lunch in Ft Lauderdale. People walk around the beach areas paying attention to things other than traffic. Beach bars are everywhere. It can very easily happen.

exstatic
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Stallworth is a talented guy but bad stuff just seems to crop up with him. His football career is on the line now. It's sad for him but this incident is obviously more serious than the other stuff. I think he was not getting along with team management or drinking too much in New Orleans mostly. He also tended to get hurt a lot the last couple of years.

I was just in South Florida on business, and I actually saw a vehicle/pedestrian accident while going to eat lunch in Ft Lauderdale. People walk around the beach areas paying attention to things other than traffic. Beach bars are everywhere. It can very easily happen.

Stallworth is one of those maddening players who have all of the physical tools, but no work ethic. He runs lazy ass routes, and takes plays off. He's what I call a paycheck player. He's happy to be in the league collecting a paycheck and has little to no interest in improving his game.

As for the bad stuff, you'll notice that happens to the clubbers. The ones that have a wife and kids and stay home at night never make the headlines. The ones that are still partying all night after many years in the league are a magnet for drink/drugs/gun incidents. It's not an accident, it's a cliche' by now.

Flo-Rida
03-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Who the hell is going to the beach at 7am?

Have you ever been to south beach?

IceColdBrewski
03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Wonder what will be longer -- his jail sentence or his suspension from the NFL.

I'll guess B.

I'll take C. The length of zero's he'll see in the civil $uit.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Have you ever been to south beach?

No, is it hoping at 7am?

Obstructed_View
03-16-2009, 07:42 PM
HAHAHA! :lmao

What could possibly be funny about any part of that story?

Spurtacus
03-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Very sad. Accidents like this happen. We'll see if Stallworth was under the influence when the blood tests are revealed.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 12:20 PM
hopefully it's not the morning after DUI

monosylab1k
03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
just saw on espn that tests show stallworth was driving drunk.

jack sommerset
03-19-2009, 02:17 PM
just saw on espn that tests show stallworth was driving drunk.

Well he is fucked now!

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 02:20 PM
What was his alcohol content. .09? Or was the dude sufficiently hammered?

jack sommerset
03-19-2009, 02:22 PM

I think they said 1.4. Over 1 for sure. .08 is that states law.

BlackSwordsMan
03-19-2009, 07:20 PM
manslaughter at the minimum
cya football career

Obstructed_View
03-19-2009, 09:30 PM

When .08 is the limit, .08 = "sufficiently hammered" when you kill someone.

BacktoBasics
03-20-2009, 11:32 AM
When .08 is the limit, .08 = "sufficiently hammered" when you kill someone.Thats just ridiculous. I can have two beers and get in my vehicle and blow over the legal limit.

It was or it seems to have been a complete accident where the driver happened to blow over the legal limit but wasn't likely to be highly impaired. Seems as if he'll pay for it.

He statement had him drinking the prior day. No doubt that its possible to sleep it off and wake up good to go but still blow over the legal limit.

BacktoBasics
03-20-2009, 11:35 AM
I just read that he was allegedly a .12

So dude might have had three drinks.

A good rule of thumb to use is that no matter what your weight is, if you have had three servings of alcohol in succession you are most likely over the legal limit for blood alcohol level when driving. Avg of a .08 across the board for the legal standard.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-20-2009, 11:39 AM
I just read that he was allegedly a .12

So dude might have had three drinks.

Stallworth admitted to drinking at least four Patrons and two Margaritas, which by my math is more than three.

Condemned 2 HelLA
03-20-2009, 11:44 AM
When former St. Louis Ram Leonard Little killed that woman a few years back, was he drunk at the time?
I think he skated on those charged, didn't he?

BacktoBasics
03-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Stallworth admitted to drinking at least four Patrons and two Margaritas, which by my math is more than three.Didn't he say that he had those drinks the day before?

jack sommerset
03-20-2009, 01:57 PM
When former St. Louis Ram Leonard Little killed that woman a few years back, was he drunk at the time?
I think he skated on those charged, didn't he?

3 months in jail

Agloco
03-20-2009, 04:36 PM
3 months in jail

A sentence that would make OJ proud........

WTF

Obstructed_View
03-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Thats just ridiculous. I can have two beers and get in my vehicle and blow over the legal limit.

And if you kill someone in your car, those two beers are sufficient to get you into deep shit. The law doesn't care if you had two beers or 25 beers. The penalty doesn't change one way or the other. I'm not sure why some of you don't understand the difference between legal and illegal. I agree that .08 is stupid, but take it up with MADD or with your representative. Opinions about the law don't really have any place in this discussion.

jack sommerset
03-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Its hard for me to call this guy a killer. Back in the day I would have some beers and drive home. My friends would do the same. People at the bars,clubs,restaurants, partys did the samething.

Not saying its right I am just saying its tough for me to get upset when I hear something like this. I am sure if I was hit by a drunk or anyone I knew was hurt or killed I would feel different but I have to remind myself alot of people drink and drive.

popshark86
04-01-2009, 12:50 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/01/stallworth.ap/index.html

Sources: Stallworth to be charged in deadly car crash

BacktoBasics
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
And if you kill someone in your car, those two beers are sufficient to get you into deep shit. The law doesn't care if you had two beers or 25 beers. The penalty doesn't change one way or the other. I'm not sure why some of you don't understand the difference between legal and illegal. I agree that .08 is stupid, but take it up with MADD or with your representative. Opinions about the law don't really have any place in this discussion.We do understand it. .08 is a fucking joke. I seriously doubt he was impaired. An impaired driver wouldn't have hit his brakes and brights to avoid an accident.

This is a sad case of a guy being caught in the middle of an accident that happened to have just slightly above the legal limit blood alcohol content so he gets the book thrown at him.

No way this guy was impaired. Victims of circumstance. The both of them. Dude shouldn't have been jay walking in the first place.

Blake
04-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Thats just ridiculous. I can have two beers and get in my vehicle and blow over the legal limit.

there's a reason that two beers puts you over the legal limit

dirk4mvp
04-01-2009, 06:39 PM

What is your opinion on black people driving over the legal limit, as opposed to whites?

Blake
04-01-2009, 06:44 PM
What is your opinion on black people driving over the legal limit, as opposed to whites?

they're all equally screwed

ask thunder dan what type of car non-rich black people drive while being over the legal limit.

BacktoBasics
04-02-2009, 09:19 AM
The actual point that was determined to be the legal limit is the problem. Its a result of special interest and lobbying on the behalf of anything but a fair assessment of whats truly impaired.

Blake
04-02-2009, 09:23 AM
The actual point that was determined to be the legal limit is the problem. Its a result of special interest and lobbying on the behalf of anything but a fair assessment of whats truly impaired.

fair assessments have shown you are truly impaired at .04......some as low as .03 or .02