PDA

View Full Version : Wade MVP revisited

sook
03-14-2009, 03:21 PM
50/10/9/4

My god, if he keeps up anything close to that and doesn't get MVP it would be a travesty. This guy's plays are off the charts. I think he is the 2nd Best player or tied for Best with Kobe

jag
03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Having Oneal is really taking some pressure off him and he's blowing up. I still can't stand the guy, but i respect his game.

sook
03-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Having Oneal is really taking some pressure off him and he's blowing up. I still can't stand the guy, but i respect his game.

why can't you stand him? He is a really humble guy and always gives props at the end. The only record i remember of him not showing enough class is when he blamed dirk for the mavs loss in the finals...

jag
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
why can't you stand him? He is a really humble guy and always gives props at the end. The only record i remember of him not showing enough class is when he blamed dirk for the mavs loss in the finals...

eh...he's growing on me. I guess he's never really done anything...i'm just not a D-wade fan.

sook
03-14-2009, 03:27 PM
eh...he's growing on me. I guess he's never really done anything...i'm just not a D-wade fan.

yea same here i was rooting pretty hard for dallas in the finals, and its not really his fault he got the calls i guess because he didn't flop or anything.

Pelicans78
03-14-2009, 03:29 PM
It's hard to make him MVP, but you can make a great case for him being Most Outstanding Player if such an award existed.

sook
03-14-2009, 03:30 PM
It's hard to make him MVP, but you can make a great case for him being Most Outstanding Player if such an award existed.

Hahah true. If he played every game for the rest of the year i doubt he would get it anyways. But its stupid that Lebron will get it considering the only difference is that he has Mo this year, so quite frankly, its not like he's stepped up more

Pelicans78
03-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Hahah true. If he played every game for the rest of the year i doubt he would get it anyways. But its stupid that Lebron will get it considering the only difference is that he has Mo this year, so quite frankly, its not like he's stepped up more

Yeah. But the league wants Lebron or Kobe to win it and whoever has the best record will win it. But Wade is on their level.

sook
03-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Yeah. But the league wants Lebron or Kobe to win it and whoever has the best record will win it. But Wade is on their level.

yea exactly. Oh well.:king

Spursmania
03-14-2009, 03:37 PM
If the MVP voting is close, seems to usually hinge on which team has the best record. I would prefer Wade over Lebron and Lebron over Kobe. Oh well...

duncan228
03-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Wade passes Mourning to become Heat's all-time leading scorer (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/03/14/heat.wade.ap/index.html)

No surprise here: Dwyane Wade is now, officially, the greatest scorer in Miami Heat history.

Wade passed his good friend and mentor Alonzo Mourning on Saturday to become the leading scorer in franchise history. Wade's dunk with 11:05 left in the third quarter against the Utah Jazz gave him 21 points for the game, and 9,460 in 380 career regular-season appearances.

Mourning, who played for the final time in December 2007, scored 9,459 points in 593 games with the Heat.

Pelicans78
03-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I wonder why Duncan isn't mentioned as being the best since he's won 3 Finals MVP and is considered the best PF in history. He's never talked about in the conversation with Wade, Kobe, or Lebron. I think it's kinda weird.

SpursFan67
03-14-2009, 03:50 PM
I wonder why Duncan isn't mentioned as being the best since he's won 3 Finals MVP and is considered the best PF in history. He's never talked about in the conversation with Wade, Kobe, or Lebron. I think it's kinda weird.

Timmy just isn't dominant enough anymore;right now it's bryant,wade,james, then duncan,CP3 and Howard

BlackSwordsMan
03-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Cause his jersey doesn't sell

duncan228
03-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Duncan has been mentioned in NBA.com's 'Race to the MVP' this season. He floats around #6 and 7. I haven't checked lately, but that's where he's been.

sook
03-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Duncan isn't playing like it anymroe, in 02-03 he was a madman

tlongII
03-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I think he's better than Kobe. Not quite as good as LeBron though...

sook
03-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I think he's better than Kobe. Not quite as good as LeBron though...

he IS better than Lebron. In 2010, i don't care if the rockets throw 25 mil a year at him...do w.e it takes to sign wade!

JamStone
03-14-2009, 04:12 PM
He absolutely deserves to be in the conversation, and I think he's firmly third in the race. In any other year, Wade would have a great chance. But LeBron's numbers and Kobe's numbers are similar enough and both their teams have much better records. It's always been that way.

And, while his numbers today are crazy, it was a triple overtime game.

Don't get me wrong. Even as a Wade-hater (yes I admit that I've been), there's no denying that he's been phenomenal. But, the reality is his chances of winning the MVP are still pretty small. Better than slim, but still not good compared to LeBron or Kobe.

dirk4mvp
03-14-2009, 04:14 PM

I like him, but he's not really that humble.

JoeTait75
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM
No MVP has gone to a player off a sub-50 win team since 1982 (Moses Malone) and that precedent isn't going to change this year. Not with the way the Cavaliers and the Lake Show are playing.

lefty
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM

D-Wade looks arrogant on the court, but he is really humble and respectful

lefty
03-14-2009, 04:19 PM

Duncan has been bothered by injuries recently

But look at the number of games Spurs won without Manu and TP

Muser
03-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Wade drops 50, 10 rebounds and 9 assists in Triple OT

LeBron drops 51, 4 rebounds and 9 assists in Singe OT on the 2nd night of a b2b

My money's on LeBron

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:21 PM

There hasn't been a more lop sided MVP race in my mind since 2003.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Wade drops 50, 10 rebounds and 9 assists in Triple OT

LeBron drops 51, 4 rebounds and 9 assists in Singe OT on the 2nd night of a b2b

My money's on LeBron

Yeah OK one was against Sacramento the other was against players allowed to throw elbows and flop because they're white and they love Jesus.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:25 PM
he also didn't need any crab dribbles to get his 50 points.

Muser
03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd take Wade over LeBron in the MVP race, but i'd still give it to Kobe.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:28 PM
At this point it is Kobe, then Wade, then Lebitch. Unfortunately ESPN already decided LeBitch would get their support/attention prior to the season.

JoeTait75
03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
There hasn't been a more lop sided MVP race in my mind since 2003.

You're right. LeBron is going to take it going away.

dirk4mvp
03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Has LeBron had intercourse with a female member of your family or something?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
You're right. LeBron is going to take it going away.

It's funny you go from calling him a front runner to an MVP so quickly.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Has LeBron had intercourse with a female member of your family or something?

If this is addressed to me, then my answer is being around a Lebron homer and hearing him constantly jizz about Lebron gets extremely annoying and ultimately turns into hate.

Most players I hate aren't cause of the player but more about how much I have to hear about the player.

JoeTait75
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
It's funny you go from calling him a front runner to an MVP so quickly.

My assessment of how LeBron has performed in big road games has nothing to do with either

a.) his chances of winning the MVP, or

b.) his value to the Cavaliers.

They're different subjects.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:39 PM
idk how choking in a great amount of the team's big road games doesn't affect a player's chances at winning MVP.

RedsLakers24
03-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Lebron is better than D-Wade and he is the MVP this season, Wade is already 27 where Lebron is 24, im sure lebron would have a better record with Wade's teamates

JoeTait75
03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
idk how choking in a great amount of the team's big road games doesn't affect a player's chances at winning MVP.

I don't think it's going to have an effect on LeBron's chances. People are going to look at the body of work, not a few games. That's not me being biased, just my POV on how it's going to play out.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
im sure lebron would have a better record with Wade's teamates

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't think it's going to have an effect on LeBron's chances. People are going to look at the body of work, not a few games. That's not me being biased, just my POV on how it's going to play out.

I guess, that actually makes sense. Which is dumb because players like amare who were MVP candidates last year shouldn't have even been in the conversation.

SpursFan67
03-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Wade is definitely the Most Improved Player in the league this year. MIP:toast

well,he is also healthy compared to last year.this is how i think he would play after the 2006 playoffs;the series against dallas was some amazing one-man show.

gaKNOW!blee
03-14-2009, 06:12 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Have you seen some of the teams Lebron has gotten to 50 wins? He took a team full of retards to the finals for fucks sake.

TheMACHINE
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Lebrons getting it if he keeps his record close to the Lakers. Wade's record isnt good enough to get him an MVP.

iggypop123
03-14-2009, 06:22 PM
took 3 overtimes, and kobe didnt win it when he went nuts with a team that had kwame and smush parker as starters. the precedent has been set. wade should not finish no higher than 4th. that year kobe didnt even receive a first place vote. i would put it kobe, lebron, cp3-dwight(tied) billups, duncan and then wade

TheMACHINE
03-14-2009, 06:24 PM
no doubt if Kobe didnt win it when he put up those numbers with Smush and Kwame, Wade aint definately gonna win it. Just give it to Lebron. MVP's as of late arnt winning the championships anyways.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 06:31 PM
To me, MVP is about which player has the most positive impact on a game, not who's team has the best record. If a player somehow got a team full of d-leaguers to the 6th-8th seed, I would make a strong case for him being the MVP. To me, Wade has had the most positive impact on the court of any player in the league. The guy can do it all

DrHouse
03-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Am I crazy in thinking the Heat could make it all the way to the ECF?

D. Wade has been playing incredible this season and he is my MVP without question. Kobe and Lebron have been great too though. You can't go wrong with any of the 3.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 06:34 PM
When the Heat upset Cleveland in the playoffs the MVP voters will look retarded.

Muser
03-14-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't know about ECF, but they can give the top teams a good run.

The top 5 look like a lock to me. Detroit won't catch Miami so it looks like the Heat will play the Hawks. My money's on the Heat.

JoeTait75
03-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Am I crazy in thinking the Heat could make it all the way to the ECF?

They'll be hard-pressed to get by Atlanta without HCA. Miami's roster 2-thru-12 is weaker than any other likely East qualifier, with the possible exception of Milwaukee.

tomtom
03-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Damn Wade is playing like a flat out monster these past several weeks. Heat might actually give the top east a run for their money. They'll have to hope Oneal Chalmers or Beasley keeps it up though

TheMACHINE
03-14-2009, 06:49 PM
To me, MVP is about which player has the most positive impact on a game, not who's team has the best record. If a player somehow got a team full of d-leaguers to the 6th-8th seed, I would make a strong case for him being the MVP. To me, Wade has had the most positive impact on the court of any player in the league. The guy can do it all

so you agree that Kobe should have won over Dirk couple years ago?

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
so you agree that Kobe should have won over Dirk couple years ago?

Not necessarily, because his play didn't exactly strike me as completely unselfish amazing team play. Wade has been playing out of his motherfreakin' mind lately, and not one person can even point the finger or call him selfish. This being because he does it all through the flow of the offense without dominating the ball, as well as on the defensive end, just making plays all over. That steal and buzzer beater a few days ago is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. Wade has just been playing like a winner, and not to mention he has the worst 2-12 supporting cast of probably all the playoff teams. Now I don't mean this to turn into a Dirk vs Kobe debate, as obviously Kobe is the better player, but that's just how I feel on the subject of MVP. Team success does have alot to do with it, but it's not exclusively about that. To me, you have to look at all things and take in the big picture. Now fast forward a couple of years, and we see a totally different Kobe who was rightfully last years MVP and makes a strong case as well this year.

Austin_Toros
03-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Hmm.. nice game against Utah tonight for Wade.
I don't think anybody thought Wade was capable of this after the injury-plagued season he just came off.

TheMACHINE
03-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Not necessarily, because his play didn't exactly strike me as completely unselfish amazing team play. Wade has been playing out of his motherfreakin' mind lately, and not one person can even point the finger or call him selfish. This being because he does it all through the flow of the offense without dominating the ball, as well as on the defensive end, just making plays all over. That steal and buzzer beater a few days ago is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. Wade has just been playing like a winner, and not to mention he has the worst 2-12 supporting cast of probably all the playoff teams. Now I don't mean this to turn into a Dirk vs Kobe debate, as obviously Kobe is the better player, but that's just how I feel on the subject of MVP. Team success does have alot to do with it, but it's not exclusively about that. To me, you have to look at all things and take in the big picture. Now fast forward a couple of years, and we see a totally different Kobe who was rightfully last years MVP and makes a strong case as well this year.

i can understand your point, but i still would have to disagree, Wade has better teamates then Kobe. There's a thin line between seflish and unselfish. Was Kobe being selfish or was he not trusting Kwame, Smash, Luke and Brian Cook with the ball. IMO, he did whatever it took to get his team into the playoffs in a stacked Western Conference. He suceeded. I just think its unfair to now put "selfishness" in the MVP arguement. IF Wade gets an MVP for a mediocre team record because his numbers are off the hook, then Kobe should have gotten it too when Nash and Dirk got it.

IMO, its Lebron vs Kobe....with Lebron in the lead.

iggypop123
03-14-2009, 08:23 PM
chalmers>smush and o'neal>>>kwame. so why consider him for mvp? his teamates arent crap and then adding to it he has the #2 overall pic to help

The TroutBum
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Can anyone tell me why he was wearing a patch of electrical tape under his eye when he started the game tonight? Does he think that it looks "COOL"? That can't be from that cut that he got around the A.S. break, can it? I think not, since he took it off toward the end of the game and there was no visible cut or scab/scar. What a fucking tool.

Nothing worse than losing to a shit dick like that.

Flo-Rida
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
chalmers>smush and o'neal>>>kwame. so why consider him for mvp? his teamates arent crap and then adding to it he has the #2 overall pic to help

Beasley DOESNT play defense, Mario has come on late though he was up and down throughout the season. If you dont consider him for mvp im sorry but your retarded as they come.

Flo-Rida
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
can anyone tell me why he was wearing a patch of electrical tape under his eye when he started the game tonight? Does he think that it looks "cool"? That can't be from that cut that he got around the a.s. Break, can it? I think not, since he took it off toward the end of the game and there was no visible cut or scab/scar. What a fucking tool.

Nothing worse than losing to a shit dick like that.

140-129

The TroutBum
03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
140-129

Great response. You win.

Flo-Rida
03-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Great response. You win.

you a weird ass nigga

Flo-Rida
03-14-2009, 09:58 PM
You know what fuck it i hope wade doesn't win MVP so he can go fucking beast on everyone in the playoffs.

sook
03-14-2009, 10:23 PM
He deff. won't win it now, i looked up the races over the last years, and the leagues leading scorers

35ppg by Kobe in 05-06

32ppg Tracy Mcgrady 02-03

Lebron Last year

These guys were top 4 but they didn't win, so yea but i think he should still ge it

iggypop123
03-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Beasley DOESNT play defense, Mario has come on late though he was up and down throughout the season. If you dont consider him for mvp im sorry but your retarded as they come.

i consider him but not as the winner. what im saying is my top 3 doesnt include him despite his great play. its like kobe when he finished 4th. the precedent has been set so wade is 4, doesnt deserve a first place vote. should get plenty of second but not a first. if voters change the rules all that says to me is that people voted against kobe not for his play but because they either hated him or were kissing nash's ass alot

TheNextGen
03-15-2009, 12:43 AM

I dont consider anyone for MVP in a team thats .554....and if you do your a fucking homer. How can you be MVP of the league, if you can barely win half of your games.

RedsLakers24
03-15-2009, 01:54 AM

So you would rather have Luke over Beasley, or Smush over Mario cuz he is a rook?

03-15-2009, 02:57 AM
wade has been playing this well even before the o'neal trade. in fact, i would much rather have a younger odom over a washed up o'neal. bryant is the better scorer but wade will always be the better teammate and playmaker. oh and chalmers sucks just as much as smush parker. in fact, parker put up better stats in 05-06 than chalmers.

Flo-Rida
03-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I dont consider anyone for MVP in a team thats .554....and if you do your a fucking homer. How can you be MVP of the league, if you can barely win half of your games.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k293/Mz_KStreet/hatoraide.gif

Flo-Rida
03-15-2009, 09:35 AM
wade has been playing this well even before the o'neal trade. in fact, i would much rather have a younger odom over a washed up o'neal. bryant is the better scorer but wade will always be the better teammate and playmaker. oh and chalmers sucks just as much as smush parker. in fact, parker put up better stats in 05-06 than chalmers.

If that would have been Bryant in yesterdays game he would have had like 70 points. But wade always looks out for his teammates and sets them up much better.

Chieflion
03-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Wade has just been spectacular and should win MVP this season.

TheNextGen
03-15-2009, 02:21 PM
If that would have been Bryant in yesterdays game he would have had like 70 points. But wade always looks out for his teammates and sets them up much better.

a win is a win...and unfortunately, WADE only wins half os his games. :toast