PDA

View Full Version : who besides the spurs has the capability of knocking out the lakers in playoffs

mabrignani
03-14-2009, 05:15 PM
nuggets?

anonoftheinternets
03-14-2009, 05:21 PM
you mean in the west? ...... east -> boston, cleveland ......

west -> maybe hornets ..... they dont have an answer for CP3, and if west gets hot, he can shoot jumpshots all day and drag gasol out of the paint ..... chander would defend bynum well. Plus west would be aggressive on Gasol, hes very tough (see face pat on nowitzki - although i thought that was classless on his part)

And they do have posey ...... laker killer ...... he hit so many clutch threes against the lakers last year and was instrumental in the comeback against LA .......

only issue for them is that their bench sucks .......so when the starters sit, the team turns to shit ....... but they are young, and can play 40mins to offset this, since there are no back2backs in playoffs .... plus byron scott is a decent coach .... has been to finals before .....

mabrignani
03-14-2009, 05:24 PM
you mean in the west? ...... east -> boston, cleveland ......

west -> maybe hornets ..... they dont have an answer for CP3, and if west gets hot, he can shoot jumpshots all day and drag gasol out of the paint ..... chander would defend bynum well. Plus west would be aggressive on Gasol, hes very tough (see face pat on nowitzki - although i thought that was classless on his part)

And they do have posey ...... laker killer ...... he hit so many clutch threes against the lakers last year and was instrumental in the comeback against LA .......

only issue for them is that their bench sucks .......so when the starters sit, the team turns to shit ....... but they are young, and can play 40mins to offset this, since there are no back2backs in playoffs .... plus byron scott is a decent coach .... has been to finals before .....

i agree that the hornets have a good chance but really posey is soooooo overrated. id take bonner over him anyday and thats not just being a homer.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 05:27 PM
hes very tough (see face pat on nowitzki - although i thought that was classless on his part)

What part of that makes him tough? Sorry, but West is charmin' soft

Showtime24 LAKERS
03-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Bobcats. but they wont make the playoffs.

anonoftheinternets
03-14-2009, 05:40 PM

Well I dont like him either, but hes not afraid to get in peoples faces, people bigger than him (since he is undersized), unlike gar-naught. Gave the spurs a hell of a battle last year, made every jumper did not get overawed, so I just gave him his props. But this year, he has become complacent, dunno if he will return to form for the playoffs.

jag
03-14-2009, 05:45 PM

West has a massive vagina that pops out whenever he plays an above average power forward.

SpursDynasty
03-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Utah Jazz

JamStone
03-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Spurs, Blazers, and Rockets could beat the Lakers in a playoff series if they play great and the Lakers don't play great. I don't think the Jazz, Nuggets, Mavs, Hornets, or Suns could beat the Lakers in a playoff series.

Thomas82
03-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Portland gives the Lakers problems when they play them.

Pelicans78
03-14-2009, 06:04 PM
The Hornets bench concerns me. I'm hoping once we get Peja and Mo-Pete they will help, but our offense stalls whenever CP3 is out of the game. Julian Wright adds a new dimension with his athleticism, but he needs to shoot a little better.

iggypop123
03-14-2009, 06:23 PM
health. thats it

dirk4mvp
03-14-2009, 06:25 PM
West has a massive vagina that pops out whenever he plays an above average power forward.

And we can see that with the way Nowitzki put up monster number against him last year's series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 06:31 PM
And we can see that with the way Nowitzki put up monster number against him last year's series.

Yeah that's actually true, even though NO was by far the better team in the series, the reason they didn't sweep and win every game by 30 was the West vs. Dirk matchup.

West and Amare are more or less the same player.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah that's actually true, even though NO was by far the better team in the series, the reason they didn't sweep and win every game by 30 was the West vs. Dirk matchup.

West and Amare are more or less the same player.

Pre-knee surgury Amare>>>>>>>>>>West. I don't care what anyone says, Amare just doesn't look like the same player to me. When I go back and watch old video, it kind of makes me sad and shows how quick people are to realize what a beast he was. But still, today's Amare>>>West

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah Amare is better, but my point is they are more or less the same whereas they are both front runners (dominate crap sucks against the big boys) and are both grossly overrated.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah Amare is better, but my point is they are more or less the same whereas they are both front runners (dominate crap sucks against the big boys) and are both grossly overrated.

Definitely pretty correct in that comparison, I should have noticed that off the bat. You could also throw Josh Howard in there as a less talented version of those type of players. Those guys are frustrating to watch when they play for your team :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Definitely pretty correct in that comparison, I should have noticed that off the bat. You could also throw Josh Howard in there as a less talented version of those type of players. Those guys are frustrating to watch when they play for your team :lol

yeah I know, fortunately your blessed with a fan base that knows about how Howard is a 1st quarter & garbage time stat stuffer. Most fans in Phoenix nut themselves every time Amare dunks over the other team's backup PF in garbage time.

Pelicans78
03-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Amare is way more athletic than West, but West works harder on his game. West actually does well against the taller slower PFs like Bosh, Gasol, and even Amare. The guys who give West trouble are the athletic types like Odom, Josh Smith, and Kenyon Martin. West abused Charlie V last night who is pathetically soft.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Amare is way more athletic than West, but West works harder on his game. West actually does well against the taller slower PFs like Bosh, Gasol, and even Amare. The guys who give West trouble are the athletic types like Odom, Josh Smith, and Kenyon Martin. West abused Charlie V last night who is pathetically soft.

West abuses Amare because Amare refuses to follow the guy he's defending if the guy is > 10 feet from the basket. West gets wide open mid range J's all day on Amare. His ownage and curbstomping of Amare has nothing to do with speed.

dirk4mvp
03-14-2009, 07:00 PM
West is a shit version of Chris Webber. I'll take Amare Stoudemire every time.

21_Blessings
03-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Thing is, the Spurs don't have the capability of knocking the Lakers out of the playoffs barring a Kobe and/or Pau injury.

mavs>spurs2
03-14-2009, 07:04 PM
21 is right, I'd probably go with Lakers in 6 if that matchup were to occur. To me, Suns/Spurs/Lakers were like rock paper scissors, and now that the Suns suck, the Lakers no longer have a team capable of giving them trouble. Portland's youth and inexperience >> the matchup problems they pose for LA, so don't count on them knocking the Lakers out. I'd say the Hornets have a slightly better chance than SA, but still not good odds. Anyone else in the West doesn't really have a chance. I'm expecting another Boston/LA rematch of last years finals. Not my ideal finals matchup, but it's what I'm bracing for.

BlackSwordsMan
03-14-2009, 08:04 PM
the suns

Lakers2009champs
03-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Orlando, maybe the Hornets.

monosylab1k
03-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Three things -

1. Spurs aren't capable of beating the Lakers. Sorry, they just aren't.
2. Blazers & Jazz are the only two teams that have a shot at beating them.
3. If they meet up, the Blazers WILL pull off the upset. All they have to do is steal one game at Staples, because their 3 home games are almost guaranteed wins.

ManuTP9
03-14-2009, 09:57 PM
the blazers

Banzai
03-14-2009, 10:20 PM
the blazers

this^

lil_penny
03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
no one is beating the Lakers with home court advantage...period.

hard to argue with that..

the only team the lakers have had trouble with on the road has been the blazers and thats all homerism aside on my part.

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Three things -

1. Spurs aren't capable of beating the Lakers. Sorry, they just aren't.
2. Blazers & Jazz are the only two teams that have a shot at beating them.
3. If they meet up, the Blazers WILL pull off the upset. All they have to do is steal one game at Staples, because their 3 home games are almost guaranteed wins.

They're just as bad @ Staples as the Lakers are @ Rose.

Nobody really has a shot against the Lakers barring injuries or fluke shots. They're too good and nobody matches up well with them.

I'm just talking about the West though, C's and Cavs are more than capable.

dirk4mvp
03-14-2009, 10:50 PM
None. lmao @ the blazers beating them. Has anyone on that current roster even been in the playoffs?

iggypop123
03-14-2009, 10:52 PM
hard to argue with that..

the only team the lakers have had trouble with on the road has been the blazers and thats all homerism aside on my part.

as much of an advantage they have on the home court(blazers) they lack on the road. if you can barely beat 1 playoff team on the road in the regular season how do you expect to win in the playoffs when its the lakers?

Ghazi
03-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Where the hell did people get the idea Portland matches up well in LA anyway, cause they blew their load one game @ Rose and hit a bunch of luck jump shots?

If you're bad enough to lose to the fucking Mavs 3 times, you're not good enough to beat the Lakers. I know it comes down to the match ups, but Lakers match up well v every team in the West. They're 52-13 and 2-1 v Portland for a reason.

lil_penny
03-14-2009, 11:05 PM
as much of an advantage they have on the home court(blazers) they lack on the road. if you can barely beat 1 playoff team on the road in the regular season how do you expect to win in the playoffs when its the lakers?

i dont expect to i hope lol.. blazers are horrible on the road along with the jazz both teams need homecourt to have a shot at the 2nd round.. i dont think the blazers could beat the lakers in a series ive never said that they would, but i do think they would put up a better fight than any other team except maybe the spurs.

wijayas
03-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Lakers always did not do well against the Blazers. I wonder.

anonoftheinternets
03-14-2009, 11:50 PM
:hat spurs baby, under the radar, sneakin up on everyone, just like always......... if u think they are going to go down without a fight .... :flag:

Pelicans78
03-15-2009, 12:00 AM
The only team in the West who gave the Lakers trouble at Staples was the Hornets, but with Bynum back, it moves Odom to the bench and he will shed the Hornets bench. That's why I suggested before the trade deadline to deal West and Posey for guys like Varejao, Pavlovic, Tony Allen, etc. We don't have enough depth to make a deep run.