1. LA Lakers 53-13
2. San Antonio 44-21
3. Houston 43-25
4. Denver 42-25
5. New Orleans 41-24
6. Portland 41-25
7. Utah 41-26
8. Dallas 40-27

With Utah, Portland, and Dallas all losing today, we have gotten just a little more breathing room now in the West standings...especially with that huge win last night against Houston after losing to the Lakers. Hopefully our boys can hang on to that #2 seed, and Utah please please get out of that 7 seed. :lol :flag:

Spursmania
03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Utah will get out of the 7th seed. I bet we play Portland 1st round at the end.

aka_USAPA
03-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Western Conference

Hopefully our boys can hang on to that #2 seed, and Utah please please get out of that 7 seed. :lol :flag:

Man, oh man. How times have changed for the Spurs and their fans. They are not praying for dear life to hold on to the #2 seed and hoping to avoid the Jazz. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

exstatic
03-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I want Utah. I'd MUCH rather play them than N.O. or Portland, and their stables of thoroughbred athletes. We own Utah. They're a donut team on defense and Parker should average 30 in that series. Believe me: Utah is our best possible match in the first round. I don't care about a recent hot streak fed by a ton of home games.

ducks
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
I want portland to face lakers in round one

Spursmania
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Man, oh man. How times have changed for the Spurs and their fans. They are not praying for dear life to hold on to the #2 seed and hoping to avoid the Jazz. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Just for health purposes. Utah is a lot more physical. We can beat them no doubt, but I'd like to see less wear and tear on the bodies. We seem to get physical teams while you guys get pansies for the 1st round. Well, I guess you deserve a softer 1st round, since you are in 1st place.:toast

BOHOLANO#21
03-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah, but this really means nothing. It can all be different next week. I still hope we hang on to the 2 seed, but if we lose to the Thunder and Celtics, while a team or two goes on a 3 or 4 game winning streak then we are in the 5 seed.
if the spurs loss two games that means the record in losses will go up to 23, how can the team go down to 5 if the 3rd place already has 25 losses? :wow

boutons_
03-15-2009, 09:34 PM
WC teams are

208-59 @home 0.779

137-128 Road 0.517

Note that the only 2 WC teams with decisively superior road records are FTL and Spurs.

honestfool84
03-15-2009, 09:36 PM
WC teams are

208-59 @home 0.779

137-128 Road 0.517

Note that the only 2 WC teams with decisively superior road records are FTL and Spurs.

is that supposed to be f*ck the lakers?

:lmao

timaios
03-15-2009, 09:40 PM
I think...
The Spurs & Hornets will be 2 & 3 or 3 & 2.
The Jazz : 4.
The Mavs : 8.
Rockets, Nuggets & Blazers : 5 - 6 - 7. (no specific order)

I like the Rockets in the 1st round for the Spurs with a healthy Manu (+Gooden).
Then a rematch against the Hornets in WCSF. (With HCA please.)
Then the Lakers in WCF (...or the Jazz. :p:)

boutons_
03-15-2009, 09:46 PM
HCA for Spurs vs the other 7

vs FTL, 1-2, FTL have HCA all the way through the playoffs

vs HOU, 2-1, 1 to play,

vs Den, 1-2

vs NO, 1-1, 2 to play

vs POR, 1-2, 1 to play

vs UTA, 2-0, 1 to play

vs DAL, 2-2,

For first-round tie-breaker, Spurs also leading SW division record.

Good chance that Spurs have HCA in 1st, 2nd round,
but not in WCF, not in Finals.

benefactor
03-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Utah is best case scenario hands down...followed by Houston and the Mavericks. My biggest worry is pulling Portland. Their athleticism looks like a long, exhausting series waiting to happen. Hopefully things will go like they were saying on ABC today and Portland will slip to 8th and beat up on the Lakers for us.

Brazil
03-15-2009, 09:53 PM
for me the ideal would be denver

xtremesteven33
03-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Utah is best case scenario hands down...followed by Houston and the Mavericks. My biggest worry is pulling Portland. Their athleticism looks like a long, exhausting series waiting to happen. Hopefully things will go like they were saying on ABC today and Portland will slip to 8th and beat up on the Lakers for us.

yea i agree.....Wilbons predictions today on the ABC pregame show was exactly how i see things shaping up.

superbigtime
03-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I want portland to face lakers in round one

Me too, but do you think Portland will have a worse record than Dallas? I don't.

03-15-2009, 09:56 PM
utah does not have the interior defense to slow parker. parker would explode in the paint because the jazz don't have a single shotblocker. they are very physical though so it's not the ideal first round matchup. denver and the blazers would be better warmups. i would like the spurs to stay away from the mavs and hornets.

jag
03-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Portland's got a lot of potential...but them and Utah have such terrible road records that i wouldnt mind seeing the Spurs face either one in the first round.

Ditty
03-16-2009, 01:40 AM
i would love to face the blazers but i rather them give the lakers a hard time but i would like us to go through the mavs in the 1st and put to rest the fluke series loss to the mavs in 06 and after that im acutally hoping to get the rockets imagine knocking out 2 texas teams in the first 2 rounds ohh give me goosebumps definintalilly the spurs would own texas

Biggems
03-16-2009, 01:45 AM
Hasn't SA beaten Portland like 20 consecutive games here in SA? We also own Utah here as well.

I welcome either opponent over Dallas.

mytespurs
03-16-2009, 02:02 AM

Uh, the Spurs aren't the only team that want to avoid Utah.........:hat

HarlemHeat37
03-16-2009, 02:24 AM
I have no idea why anybody is scared of Utah..Duncan and Parker would eat up their interior D(doesn't exist), they have limited perimeter D, and the most important part of all, THEY CAN'T WIN ON THE ROAD..they haven't won in San Antonio since '99, including a blowout this year without our key players..

New Orleans is the only team I want to avoid in the 1st round..hopefully they get the 8th seed..

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-16-2009, 05:07 AM
IMO Blazers are a good opponent for the first round. Yes they are athletic and talented, but experience is very important in the playoffs and I'd fully expect a comfortable 4-1 or 4-2 win. Same with the Nuggets, we have a history with them being our first round opponent.

Houston wouldn't be too bad either, definitely prefer them to Jazz or NO.

Would love to avoid Dallas, because they always bring their A game against us, best case scenario would be a 4-2 or 4-3 in tough and exhausting series, no thanks.With our injury worries and playoff rotations still to be set we really need a relatively easy first round win.

03-16-2009, 05:40 AM
portland might give the spurs some trouble with their eagerness and athleticism. similar to NO last year, they might tire out the spurs. spurs won't lose but it might get a little tough chasing around brandon roy and their whole array of young guards and small forwards. best case would be the nuggets. as for the second round, i don't care who the spurs meet because no one other than the lakers can match them right now. i can see NO becoming trouble if they get their shit together but they seem more like a sinking ship than a rising young team.

Darkwaters
03-16-2009, 06:08 AM
i would love to face the blazers but i rather them give the lakers a hard time but i would like us to go through the mavs in the 1st and put to rest the fluke series loss to the mavs in 06 and after that im acutally hoping to get the rockets imagine knocking out 2 texas teams in the first 2 rounds ohh give me goosebumps definintalilly the spurs would own texas

I see but one fault in your hope: Houston would have to win a playoff series. It just doesn't happen.