PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood really is running out of ideas.....

JudynTX
03-16-2009, 09:56 AM
:lmao

New Line is using twine, bubble gum and a pencil to throw "MacGyver" into development as a feature film.

Raffaella De Laurentiis, daughter of Dino De Laurentiis, is producing through her Raffaella Prods. along with Martha De Laurentiis and series creator Lee Zlotoff.

Dino De Laurentiis is exec producing.

"MacGyver" was a science-oriented adventure series that ran from 1985-92 on ABC. Richard Dean Anderson, later of "Stargate: Atlantis" and "SG-1" fame, starred as an incredibly resourceful secret agent for the Phoenix Foundation who frequently would escape from dangerous situations with ingenious and lightning-quick engineering trickery.

Two telefilms starring Anderson aired in the years after the show's cancellation. The character eventually achieved enough cultural penetration to become a reference for anyone attempting to jury-rig a solution out of household items. "Saturday Night Live" took the concept to the next level with its spoofs "MacGruber," starring Will Forte.

No writer is attached, but the studio hopes to find a script that can acknowledge how the concept has staked a place into pop culture yet still makes for a serious and fun adventure movie.

"We think we're a stick of chewing gum, a paper clip and an A-list writer away from a global franchise," said New Line's Richard Brener, who will oversee with Sam Brown and Walter Hamada.

link (http://http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i68061ff8eae6a63772900e662e5accd6)
================
Male testerone alert! :lol

phyzik
03-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I imagine it will be just about as bad as the SNL skit.

avjOMdl70MA

AlamoSpursFan
03-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Hollywood ran out of ideas a LONG time ago.

DoubtingThomas
03-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I wonder why Tyler Perry hasn't.

AlamoSpursFan
03-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Someone needs to re-make Stroker Ace, but stick to the freaking book this time. Stand On It is one of the funniest books of all time.

JudynTX
03-16-2009, 10:40 AM

PUxxI28zhNc

:lol:lol Yea, it needs to be a comedy.

Someone needs to re-make Stroker Ace, but stick to the freaking book this time. Stand On It is one of the funniest books of all time.

With Burt Reynolds? :wow

mrsmaalox
03-16-2009, 10:41 AM

I think it would be great to be at least as good (bad?)!

Blake
03-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Macguyver showing up on Macgruber was friggin hilarious

mrsmaalox
03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Macguyver showing up on Macgruber was friggin hilarious

I thought so too! "Macgruber Macguyver" :lmao

CubanMustGo
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
MacGruber FTW!

xtremesteven33
03-16-2009, 11:15 AM

:lol

phyzik
03-16-2009, 11:35 AM
It would be awesome if they used the old theme song to start the movie :lol

3w-oDZSLUrY

phyzik
03-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Following the "Success" of the MacGyver film, this is what we will see next in theatres.

FTW!!!

ezDIPDVH-IE

SpursStalker
03-16-2009, 11:41 AM

He needs to ... I absolutely hate his stuff

Summers
03-16-2009, 11:42 AM
These ladies approve.

http://cybersimpsons.phpnet.org/cs/img/patty_selma.gif

03-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Yea, but it looks like Scarlett Johansson is slated to play Natasha Romanoff in Iron Man 2.

So, like, I'll be in my bunk...

mexicanjunior
03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
I would be so out on that movie...

Dark Gable
03-16-2009, 12:25 PM

I love his movies and shows and his record is proof of that.

Strike
03-16-2009, 01:12 PM

people seem to be easily sated by bad writing. Example: Transformers.

HeadBanger
03-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought Transformers was good.

Strike
03-16-2009, 01:14 PM
I thought Transformers was good.

eh...ah....nah. Too easy.

HeadBanger
03-16-2009, 01:15 PM
eh...ah....nah. Too easy.

You all think too much like movie critics. :lol

Strike
03-16-2009, 01:17 PM
You all think too much like movie critics. :lol

Wrong. I just dislike bad writing and bad acting covered up by the shiny sparklies of CGI.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-16-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't know if MacGyver would be accepted nowadays. There would be the army of nerds on the internet decrying any inaccuracy in the science and the class action lawsuits that would eventually come after some dumbasses blow their arms off attempting something they see on the show.

HeadBanger
03-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Wrong. I just dislike bad writing and bad acting covered up by the shiny sparklies of CGI.

Meh, I don't worry too much about Oscar winning performances in a comic book movie. I liked it.

Strike
03-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Meh, I don't worry too much about Oscar winning performances in a comic book movie. I liked it.

Who said anything about Oscar winning? I couldn't care less about the Oscars. Michael Bay is a dipshit of a filmmaker. Shia LeDouche is a fucking hack. And Megan Fox is eye candy, nothing more. All put together, you have the turd that was Transformers. But people thought it was great because it was shiny and sparkly and gave plenty of "OOOH AHHH look at all the pretty colors/explosions/robots/etc."

I don't care who wins the Oscar. I care about the 10 bucks I spend at the theatre not going to waste.

HeadBanger
03-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Who said anything about Oscar winning? I couldn't care less about the Oscars. Michael Bay is a dipshit of a filmmaker. Shia LeDouche is a fucking hack. And Megan Fox is eye candy, nothing more. All put together, you have the turd that was Transformers. But people thought it was great because it was shiny and sparkly and gave plenty of "OOOH AHHH look at all the pretty colors/explosions/robots/etc."

I don't care who wins the Oscar. I care about the 10 bucks I spend at the theatre not going to waste.

I guess I just don't take it so seriously as you do. I just enjoyed the movie.

SA210
03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
And now they plan on remaking "The Karate Kid" with Will Smiths son. There are just some classic movies you DON"T frickin' touch. Just stupid! :pctoss

And a remake of The Bodyguard too. With possibly Rihanna WTF!

Strike
03-16-2009, 03:48 PM
I guess I just don't take it so seriously as you do. I just enjoyed the movie.

I don't take it seriously either. Like I said, I pay money to be entertained. If I wasn't entertained, my money was wasted. That's exactly what happened when I saw Transformers. The story was weak, the dialogue was laughable, and the acting was crap. In my opinion, special effects and CGI don't cover up shit.

If "taking it so seriously" means I expect more than less than talented "pretty" people spitting out crappy writing that's glossed over with snazzy images then fine. Maybe I do.

Oh and by the way...

Three words: Heath Fucking Ledger.

Strike
03-16-2009, 03:51 PM
And now they plan on remaking "The Karate Kid" with Will Smiths son. There are just some classic movies you DON"T frickin' touch. Just stupid! :pctoss

I heard about that. Let me just say...

:vomit:

JudynTX
03-16-2009, 03:51 PM

SHUT UP; are you being cereal?! :bang

:rolleyes:rolleyes

I had heard they wanted to make Welcome Back Kotter into a movie, anyone else hear that? :blah

Strike
03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
I had heard they wanted to make Welcome Back Kotter into a movie, anyone else hear that? :blah

Let me guess. Gabe Kotter will be played by Eddie Murphy?