PDA

View Full Version : iron mexican

stretch
03-16-2009, 11:16 AM
know of any good raiders boards?

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Raiderfans.net is the largest Raider board on the net.

I post on Footballsfuture.com though. It has a board for every team, and is very active.

dws009
03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice Jay Cutler cartoon!

So you're a Raiders fan IronMexican.........that's cool. There may be hope for you yet!

What do you think of JaMarcus Russell? Will he ever get together or does that go down as another of Al Davis' big mistakes?

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 11:51 PM
It all depends on who they put around him. Are Khalif Barnes and Mario Henderson his answers at the Tackle spot? So for now, no I don't think he's an Al Davis fodder.

Still, I'd love to go back to that draft, select Joe Thomas and Trent Edwards with the second round pick.

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 09:23 AM
I think you should flood the NFL forum with Raiders threads and then cuss Kori out and then you can get your own Raiders subforum.

stretch
03-19-2009, 09:28 AM
I think you should flood the NFL forum with Raiders threads and then cuss Kori out and then you can get your own Raiders subforum.

good idea

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Still, I'd love to go back to that draft, select Joe Thomas and Trent Edwards with the second round pick.

If Oakland were to do that draft over and still pass on Calvin Johnson, that would be a fail of epic proportions.

IronMexican
03-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Are you joking? Calvin Johnson was the best WR prospect since Randy Moss, and what has he done for Detroit? 0-16. It all starts in the trenches. Why do you think the Browns went 10-6 back in 2007? They had the best pass blocking line in the NFL.

It's so obvious Super Bowl Teams are built in the OL, it's not even funny. Orlando Pace, Willie Roaf, Walter Jones, Jake Long, Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady.

IronMexican
03-19-2009, 11:07 AM

On it!

FlavoredIcecream
03-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Ever hear of a Private Message?

stretch
03-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Ever hear of a Private Message?

yes

threads are better

monosylab1k
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
It's so obvious Super Bowl Teams are built in the OL, it's not even funny. Orlando Pace, Willie Roaf, Walter Jones, Jake Long, Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady.

Why did you list a bunch of guys that haven't been to a Super Bowl? Only 2 of those guys have gone.

And good scouting means you don't have to waste high draft picks on an O-Lineman. You can find great lineman in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I'm sure you approved when the Raiders took Gallery :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm sure you approved when the Raiders took Gallery :lmao

Dude I feel bad for the Raiders for that pick, they had no way of knowing he was juicing in college.

But :lmao @ Gallery over L-Fitz

stretch
03-20-2009, 10:39 AM

dont remind me dammit

monosylab1k
03-20-2009, 01:34 PM

:lmao

But you need to waste top 10 picks on offensive lineman!

Seriously tho, IronMexican is right that the OL and DL are the foundations of a team. But a top 10 pick is supposed to get you a gamechanger. Personally I'd never take an offensive lineman with a top 10 pick, and I'd only consider the most dominant defensive lineman (even then I'd still rather take any other postion besides OL/DL...except for tight end).

A team with good scouts can find excellent linemen in the 2nd round and beyond, so that you don't waste a skill position pick on a lineman. Because in the end, one dominant lineman doesn't mean shit if he's got 4 suckasses with him.

5 good linemen > 1 beast with 4 average linemen.

IronMexican
03-20-2009, 09:24 PM
You have a way better chance on missing on a top 10 LT than you do a top 10 RB. And Gallery is now an All Pro LG. Obviously not what he was brought here to do, but I am happy.

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2009, 10:54 PM

lol raiders?????

monosylab1k
03-21-2009, 01:25 AM
You have a way better chance on missing on a top 10 LT than you do a top 10 RB.

you don't need a top 10 LT to have a great offensive line.

and ROFL @ you trying to justify picking Gallery over Fitzgerald. It is 100% pure idiocy to waste a top 10 draft pick on an offensive lineman.

2 solid linemen in rounds 2-4 > 1 great lineman with a top 10 pick

monosylab1k
03-21-2009, 01:32 AM
then again, how can you ever offer logic and sound thinking to a fan of a franchise that used a first round pick on a KICKER!!!!!!!!!! :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

IronMexican
03-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Never said Gallery wasn't the wrong pick(Because it has been clearly proven that it was)But he is pretty damn good at LG. Of course, you don't waste top 10 picks on Guards, but he isn't as bad as people are making him out to be.

monosylab1k
03-23-2009, 01:23 AM
you don't waste top 10 picks on Guards

You don't waste them on Tackles either. You don't waste them on any position that can't get you a game changing playmaker or a franchise player. QB, RB, WR, LB, CB....and in rare occasions, a DE or S, but only if they're absolute athletic freaks. If you don't find any of those that are to your liking, trade down. It's idiotic to waste the value of a top 10 pick, plus the money required to sign those guys, on a lineman.

Ditty
03-23-2009, 01:23 AM
didn't the raiders get a kicker in the first round

monosylab1k
03-23-2009, 01:25 AM
didn't the raiders get a kicker in the first round

lulz, that might be the worst 1st round draft pick in history. Janikowski's not a bad kicker.....but HE'S A FUCKING KICKER!!!! :lmao

The Tony Mandarich pick is a better decision, hell the Ryan Leaf pick is a better decision. Doesn't matter how big a bust a team has ever drafted, they still never wasted a first round pick on a goddamn kicker.

IronMexican
03-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Nah, brah. The Leaf pick was probably the worst pick ever. Having a hit and miss QB in the top 10 could set a franchise back for a while.

monosylab1k
03-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Nah, brah. The Leaf pick was probably the worst pick ever. Having a hit and miss QB in the top 10 could set a franchise back for a while.

The Leaf pick was the biggest bust of a pick, but their decision making was far more sound and reasonable than the Raiders taking a fucking kicker. The Janikowski pick is absolutely the worst 1st round pick decision by a franchise. The Chargers at least made the decision to go for a potential franchise player. Anybody can pick a bust from time to time. Only one franchise has ever trumped all other acts of ineptitude by saying quite loudly "we have no clue what the fuck we're doing" - the Raiders.

Nothing at all is worse than deciding to waste a first round pick on a kicker.

stretch
03-23-2009, 11:03 AM
gotta agree with bits and pieces of each poster here.

teams are built in the trenches first.

top 10 picks are supposed to be for game-changing, phenom-level talent.

you can get very good lineman in later rounds. just look at the colts and pats. they have a lot of late round picks, or even undrafted picks, and constantly have damn good players on their lines.

the janikowski pick was definitely one of the worst picks ever in terms of desicion-making. sure, he turned out to be a real good kicker, and probably has the strongest leg the league has ever seen. but they probably could have still gotten him (or some other servicable kicker) in a later round.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Raiders At Cowboys Thanksgiving Day Nov. 26
For sure I'm going!!!!

stretch
03-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Raiders At Cowboys Thanksgiving Day Nov. 26
For sure I'm going!!!!

wow im definitely going too

IronMexican
03-24-2009, 09:41 AM
How did the Raiders get another MNF opening night game? They got smashed like 26-0 back in 2006 vs the Chargers, and got smoked this past year vs the Broncos.

stretch
03-24-2009, 09:50 AM
probably cuz

1. they have a lot of interesting young talent, like McFadden and Russell.

2. they are the raiders. they, along with the cowboys and packers are a historical type team, kinda like the lakers, celtics, and bulls in the NBA. everyone always knows who they are and how they are doing.

IronMexican
03-24-2009, 10:09 AM
I hear the Raiders and Chargers are wearing they're AFL apparel in Week 1. should be cool.

Blake
03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I hear the Raiders and Chargers are wearing they're AFL apparel in Week 1. should be cool.

maybe for the Raiders.

If the chargers wear that baby blue uniform again, then they deserve to get punched in the face

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 02:07 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread bashing Iron Mexican. I was going to step in and stand up for him. He's one of the only Laker fans on here that aren't completely full of themselves.

IronMexican
03-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I am way more obnoxious when it comes to the Raiders. If the Raiders ever start doing good, all of you guys are going to fucking hate me. I'd gloat till I fucking die if the Raiders manage to win one Super Bowl while I'm alive.

IronMexican
03-24-2009, 02:14 PM
For those who don't know what the old AFL jerseys look like, because that's what they are gonna be wearing week one, here:

http://www.conigliofamily.com/images/Oakland60.gif

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 02:15 PM
I am way more obnoxious when it comes to the Raiders. If the Raiders ever start doing good, all of you guys are going to fucking hate me. I'd gloat till I fucking die if the Raiders manage to win one Super Bowl while I'm alive.
lol...as a Cowboys fan, it'll be fun to talk shit with you before Thanksgiving..:tu

Spursfan092120
03-24-2009, 02:16 PM
For those who don't know what the old AFL jerseys look like, because that's what they are gonna be wearing week one, here:

And a poke in the eye will be a HELL of a lot easier..lol

IronMexican
03-24-2009, 02:17 PM
1960-62:

1963:
http://www.conigliofamily.com/images/Oakland63.gif

1964-69:
http://www.conigliofamily.com/images/Oakland68.gif

IronMexican
03-24-2009, 02:21 PM
lol...as a Cowboys fan, it'll be fun to talk shit with you before Thanksgiving..:tu

Yeah

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/villain951/Jerseys/1002_7.jpg

stretch
03-24-2009, 02:32 PM
The more I think about it, if he falls to them, the Raiders need to draft Crabtree. He is a perfect bail-out type of guy to help out Russell with his development. If they can just get at least slightly more blocking out of their line (which i like the moves they have made in regards to it so far). That will allow Miller to not have to stay in and block so much as well, giving Russell another good recieving target. Then you got a speedster in Higgins, a vet in Walker, and a big, fast guy with potential in Schillens. I also would have liked to have seen what Drew Carter could have done. Too bad he got hurt so early.

Then in the run game, having Oren back will definitely help the running crew. I'd like to see what a healthy McFadden and Bush can do. I still think that they should trade Fargas and get as much possible out of him, before he gets too old, and completely loses his value.

I'm really feeling good about the Raiders progressing this season. Unfortunately they got a pretty tough schedule... if they could finish 7-9 or 8-8, that would be really good.

IronMexican
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
The more I think about it, if he falls to them, the Raiders need to draft Crabtree. He is a perfect bail-out type of guy to help out Russell with his development. If they can just get at least slightly more blocking out of their line (which i like the moves they have made in regards to it so far). That will allow Miller to not have to stay in and block so much as well, giving Russell another good recieving target. Then you got a speedster in Higgins, a vet in Walker, and a big, fast guy with potential in Schillens. I also would have liked to have seen what Drew Carter could have done. Too bad he got hurt so early.

That's why they signed Khalif Barnes. I think Crabtree should be the pick as long as Raji isn't there. The Raiders are one of the three worst run D's in the NFL forever.

Then in the run game, having Oren back will definitely help the running crew. I'd like to see what a healthy McFadden and Bush can do. I still think that they should trade Fargas and get as much possible out of him, before he gets too old, and completely loses his value.

I am pumped to see Oren O'neal back too. I don't want to trade Fargas because he was here, waited for Kaufman, Wheatley, Jordan, and even Rhodes before he finally got his time to shine. Al Davis gave him The Commitment To Excellence Award, so no way he trades him.

I'm really feeling good about the Raiders progressing this season. Unfortunately they got a pretty tough schedule... if they could finish 7-9 or 8-8, that would be really good.[/QUOTE]

It would be tough to finish 8-8. I think they play the AFC South and NFC East this year.

monosylab1k
03-24-2009, 02:37 PM
They should trade their 1st round pick to the Chiefs for Larry Johnson, and then sign him to a long-term deal making him the highest paid player in NFL history.

Well, that's not what they should do, but it's probably what they will do. They are the Raiders after all.

IronMexican
03-24-2009, 10:14 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/D7DEF5F78C29455A923DAE91057894C9.JPG?0.00296773782 07942917

This is the old school jerseys that the original AFL teams will be wearing at some point during the season.

monosylab1k
03-25-2009, 01:00 AM
funny how all the head coaches showed up to show these off...except Belichick :lol

mcdaniels must feel retarded holding the jersey of his shitty soon to be ex-QB.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 01:05 AM
That's probably because Billichick didn't show up to the NFL Owners meeting.

Ghazi
03-25-2009, 05:34 AM
I heard the Raiders were interested Louie Sakoda out of Utah.

stretch
03-25-2009, 06:46 AM
It would be tough to finish 8-8. I think they play the AFC South and NFC East this year.

Oh I agree. I'm not expecting them to do so. But if they somehow did, they would be a hell of an accomplishment.

Blake
03-25-2009, 08:42 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread bashing Iron Mexican. I was going to step in and stand up for him. He's one of the only Laker fans on here that aren't completely full of themselves.

I like Aluminum Mexican. He's a good poster.

possessed
03-25-2009, 10:32 AM
then again, how can you ever offer logic and sound thinking to a fan of a franchise that used a first round pick on a KICKER!!!!!!!!!! :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

They had a pretty good run soon afterwards didn't they? Considering special teams was a weakness going into that draft. They got a solid kicker and an All-Pro punter, both of which they have to this day.

Raiderfan.net is the best message board for Raider discussion by far. They break more news that the other boards too. Good traffic flow, so it's always up to date. No old topics on the front page.

stretch
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Raiderfan.net is the best message board for Raider discussion by far. They break more news that the other boards too. Good traffic flow, so it's always up to date. No old topics on the front page.

Yeah, I signed up. Just started posting there today. I haven't been this excited and optimistic about seeing the Raiders since their SB year.

possessed
03-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I signed up. Just started posting there today. I haven't been this excited and optimistic about seeing the Raiders since their SB year.

Cool. See you there.

monosylab1k
03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
They had a pretty good run soon afterwards didn't they? Considering special teams was a weakness going into that draft. They got a solid kicker and an All-Pro punter, both of which they have to this day.

Neil Rackers got taken in the 6th round of that draft. His leg is obviously much weaker, but you could argue that Rackers > Janikowski over their careers.

You could have gotten Shaun Alexander or Keith Bulluck in the 1st round of that draft, and traded up to take Rackers in the 6th round.

lulz, or you could have taken Tom Brady in the 6th round, but you traded your 6th round pick away for Bobby Hoying :lmao

Blake
03-25-2009, 10:59 AM

They had a good run? You mean the one Super Bowl appearance?

They got there in spite of drafting a kicker......not because of it.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 11:36 AM
No doubt Janikowski was a bit of a bust, because he was brought in to make most of his kicks. And so far, he hasn't. Remember that Titans game back in 2001? The Raiders lost 13-16, and Janikowski missed 3 FG's. If the Raiders win that game, they don't play the Patriots in Foxboro. Of course, they also lost their last 3 games heading into the Playoffs. I remember them battling with the Steelers for best record in the AFC.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 11:37 AM
lulz, or you could have taken Tom Brady in the 6th round, but you traded your 6th round pick away for Bobby Hoying :lmao

:lmao:lmao Holy shit! Bobby Hoying:lmao That guy was Rich Gannon's back-up after Siragusa fucked him up:lmao

possessed
03-25-2009, 12:05 PM
They had a good run? You mean the one Super Bowl appearance?

They got there in spite of drafting a kicker......not because of it.

They also made another conference championship and took the division three straight years. I'd call that a run. "In spite of" not using a first rounder on something other than a kicker. Sure, at the time I was pissed they didn't take Shaun Alexander, but what is he doing now? How many first rounders in that draft didn't pan out or are not currently in the league? I guess in the long term it didn't work out too bad. Hell, in the short term it didn't either. So what's the problem?

BUMP
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
you dont ever spend a first round pick on a kicker, period. unless he can boot 90 yarders accurately with ease. you think Janikowski led you to a superbowl? please. kickers are as hit and miss as they come, we got Folk in the 5th round and he is one of the best in the league.

sure it didnt work out to bad for you, but it was just a waste of a pick. what has he really done? instead you couldve taken a chance at a playmaker at a skill position.

Janikowski just makes kicks he is supposedc to make, nothing to see here

Blake
03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
They also made another conference championship and took the division three straight years. I'd call that a run.

congrats on a run that nobody remembers except raiderfan.

"In spite of" not using a first rounder on something other than a kicker.

maybe they make the superbowl in multiple years if they take a real player instead of a part time player that averages about 5 minutes of playing time per game.

Kickers are a dime a dozen and Al basically took that pick and threw it in the garbage can.

Sure, at the time I was pissed they didn't take Shaun Alexander, but what is he doing now?

he was MVP and in the Super Bowl.

How many first rounders in that draft didn't pan out or are not currently in the league? I guess in the long term it didn't work out too bad. Hell, in the short term it didn't either. So what's the problem?

The problem is that Al is a crazy old fart that has had his head up his ass for the last 20 years.

There's a focking good reason why nobody had ever drafted a kicker in the 1st round before or hasn't since then.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Why are you guys acting like Jano was recently drafted? It's been 9 years.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
And that pick wasn't on Al Davis. It was Bruce Allen.

possessed
03-25-2009, 02:33 PM
congrats on a run that nobody remembers except raiderfan.

"raiderfan". A Jim Rome listener. It all makes sense now.

maybe they make the superbowl in multiple years if they take a real player instead of a part time player that averages about 5 minutes of playing time per game.

Kickers are a dime a dozen and Al basically took that pick and threw it in the garbage can.

Sure Michael Huff and Phillip Buchanon weren't reaches. Neither was Robert Gallery who was drafted to play left tackle, but now produces as a serviceable ZBS guard. All sensible picks when they were drafted in the first round. All Busts! Looking at the bigger picture Sebastian Janikowski has been one of the more productive first round picks the Raiders have had in the last 10 years. That's the undeniable truth. Even if it is sad, it's the truth.

he was MVP and in the Super Bowl.

I kinda asked where is is he now... As in... You know, now.

The problem is that Al is a crazy old fart that has had his head up his ass for the last 20 years.

There's a focking good reason why nobody had ever drafted a kicker in the 1st round before or hasn't since then.
Again, because all the Raiders other first round picks have been gems. :rollin Maybe if they had drafted another safety that can't tackle, an offensive lineman with short arms that plays soft and a speedy corner who couldn't cover his own ass with both hands they'd be poised to make a Super Bowl run every year. It's all because Janikowski went in the first. Or maybe the carousel of bad coaches going through there has something to do with it... Hmmmm...

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
They should have kept Fabian Washington. He is playing great.

The best pick of this decade for the Raiders was undoubtedly Nnamdi Asomugha. He was supposed to be a third round prospect, and everyone called it a reach, but look at him now.

possessed
03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
They should have kept Fabian Washington. He is playing great.

The best pick of this decade for the Raiders was undoubtedly Nnamdi Asomugha. He was supposed to be a third round prospect, and everyone called it a reach, but look at him now.

No doubt. I'm glad he's sticking it out a while longer.

Fabian Washington became expendable. Al likes his corners to play man to man which doesn't play to Washington's strengths. It plays to Nnamdi's though. Chris Johnson is holding his own opposite Aso better than Routt, Washington and Hall have and comes at a fraction of the price of Washington and Hall. I'm cool with Asomugha and Johnson.

Blake
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
"raiderfan". A Jim Rome listener. It all makes sense now.

you mean other fans are never called "cowboyfan" or "spurfan"?

the only thing that makes sense is that you are an idiot.

Sure Michael Huff and Phillip Buchanon weren't reaches. Neither was Robert Gallery who was drafted to play left tackle, but now produces as a serviceable ZBS guard. All sensible picks when they were drafted in the first round. All Busts! Looking at the bigger picture Sebastian Janikowski has been one of the more productive first round picks the Raiders have had in the last 10 years. That's the undeniable truth. Even if it is sad, it's the truth.

Being productive at a position where you don't even have to shower after the game doesn't equal productivity at a real 11 player position.

I kinda asked where is is he now... As in... You know, now.

How stupid are you that you are trying to compare an MVP running back that plays a position that has a short life span to a 9 year average/mediocre kicker?

Again, because all the Raiders other first round picks have been gems. :rollin Maybe if they had drafted another safety that can't tackle, an offensive lineman with short arms that plays soft and a speedy corner who couldn't cover his own ass with both hands they'd be poised to make a Super Bowl run every year. It's all because Janikowski went in the first. Or maybe the carousel of bad coaches going through there has something to do with it... Hmmmm...

They'll never know what would have happened because they threw the pick away on a focking kicker.

You are an idiot, raiderfan.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
No doubt. I'm glad he's sticking it out a while longer.

Fabian Washington became expendable. Al likes his corners to play man to man which doesn't play to Washington's strengths. It plays to Nnamdi's though. Chris Johnson is holding his own opposite Aso better than Routt, Washington and Hall have and comes at a fraction of the price of Washington and Hall. I'm cool with Asomugha and Johnson.

Yeah, I like Johnson.

I am also happy Tyvon Branch is playing FS. I am hoping I don't have to see Huff on the field this season.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
you mean other fans are never called "cowboyfan" or "spurfan"?

the only thing that makes sense is that you are an idiot.

Being productive at a position where you don't even have to shower after the game doesn't equal productivity at a real 11 player position.

How stupid are you that you are trying to compare an MVP running back that plays a position that has a short life span to a 9 year average/mediocre kicker?

They'll never know what would have happened because they threw the pick away on a focking kicker.

You are an idiot, raiderfan.

We'd probably just have another CB.

J.T.
03-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Well, those AFL jerseys are going to block the Patriots from trying to go 19-0 for the third straight year. Only because in that jersey, no team is a winner.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Look at the picks from 2000 to 2006. Out of these, the only pick that was better was the Asomugha pick.

2006 — Michael Huff, S, seventh overall: Taken ahead of quarterbacks Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler, Huff started all 16 games as a rookie, but had no sacks, interceptions or fumble recoveries.

2005 — Fabian Washington, CB, 23rd: Oakland traded the No. 7 pick in the deal for Randy Moss, but moved into the first round to get Washington, who has shown improvement each year, but did get picked on at times last season.

2004 — Robert Gallery, OT, second: Considered a can't-miss prospect, Gallery has struggled as the Raiders have shuttled him between left and right tackle and changed offensive line coaches. Oakland hopes new line coach Tom Cable can bring out the best in Gallery, something the team has yet to see.

2003 — Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, 31st: Oakland's best first-round pick in recent years, Asomugha had a breakthrough season in 2006. He was one of the top cover cornerbacks in the league last season and also had eight interceptions.

2003 — Tyler Brayton, DE, 32nd: Has just six sacks in 63 career games at both defensive end and linebacker. Perhaps best known for kneeing Seattle's Jerramy Stevens in the groin at the end of a play in a nationally televised game last season.

2002 — Phillip Buchanon, CB, 17th: A speedster expected to contribute on defense and special teams, Buchanon lasted just three seasons in Oakland before being traded to Houston.

2002 — Napoleon Harris, LB, 23rd: Started 13 games as a rookie as Oakland went to the Super Bowl, but was traded to Minnesota in 2005 for Randy Moss. Lost his starting job with the Vikings and now is in Kansas City.

2001 — Derrick Gibson, S, 28th: Has intercepted just three passes in six seasons and was replaced in the starting lineup last year by Huff. Gibson is not expected back in 2007.

2000 — Sebastian Janikowski, PK, 17th: The first kicker taken in the first round of the draft in 21 years, Janikowski has been a solid pro, but probably not worth a first-round pick. He has a strong leg, but has been inconsistent at times. Seattle took star RB Shaun Alexander two picks later.

Blake
03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
And that pick wasn't on Al Davis. It was Bruce Allen.

no.....actually that was on Al Davis.

Davis might have tried to put it on Allen, but Davis micromanages them to death.

Blake
03-25-2009, 02:57 PM
We'd probably just have another CB.

that wouldn't make me very excited, but I think all of us except for repossessed can agree it's better than taking a kicker.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
It's not. I'd rather have Janikowski on this team than Buchanon.

And I think that year the Cardinals were gonna select Jano, if he was there. The Raiders were thinking of trading down, but didn't, because they were afraid of losing him to the Cards.

possessed
03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Look at the picks from 2000 to 2006. Out of these, the only pick that was better was the Asomugha pick.

That's the bottom line. Blake and others won't acknowledge that though. The last post of Blake's in response to mine didn't dispute a thing, had to resort to name calling instead. Tough internet mother fukkers. :rollin

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 03:07 PM
That's the bottom line. Blake and others won't acknowledge that though. The last post of Blake's in response to mine didn't dispute a thing, had to resort to name calling instead. Tough internet mother fukkers. :rollin

I hope you learned you're lesson about trying to reason with people who went to Tech.

Blake
03-25-2009, 03:25 PM
It's not. I'd rather have Janikowski on this team than Buchanon.

And I think that year the Cardinals were gonna select Jano, if he was there. The Raiders were thinking of trading down, but didn't, because they were afraid of losing him to the Cards.

Cardinals: "hey, let's see if we can dupe the old man into taking a kicker by pretending we are high on Jano......

DAMN.... IT ACTUALLY WORKED........

next year let's pretend we are high on Tuiasopo so that we can snag Adrian Wilson at SS in the third"

Blake
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM

I acknowledge that Jano is better than any of those guys.

It doesn't justify wasting a 1st round pick on a kicker though. What it says is that Al Davis and the Raiders can't scout worth a crap.

I also didn't resort to name calling. I included the name calling after your weak attempt with the jim rome bit.

You are still an idiot.

Blake
03-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I hope you learned you're lesson about trying to reason with people who went to Tech.

probably not.

monosylab1k
03-25-2009, 04:21 PM

Every single one of those picks is better than taking a fucking kicker in the 1st round. Whether the player is a bust or not is completely irrelevant here.

Why didn't your team just follow that one up by drafting a towel boy with your 3rd rounder?

monosylab1k
03-25-2009, 04:24 PM

Actually, that further shows their stupidity if anything. If they know that they can wait and take him in the 2nd round, why waste a 1st rounder on him? You can try to find another impact player in the 1st round, then take Asomugha in the 2nd round, because you know that people aren't going to start looking at him until late in the 2nd or in the 3rd. Or you can trade down, collect a future 2nd rounder (hell maybe a future 1st) and then take him. It was absolutely a reach to take Asomugha that high if they knew that they could have gotten him later.

I dont think you Raider fans understand the economics of draft picks.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 04:26 PM
If he comes in and does what he is supposed to do, then it isn't a wasted pick. The Bills selected Donte Whitner at #8 and he was a late first round prospect. But no one is ripping them anymore. Even Harvey at #8 last year for Jacksonville is looking pretty good, and that was a major reach.

BUMP
03-25-2009, 04:27 PM
bottom line is that you can find decent kickers almost anywhere. whats next? drafting a long snapper in the top 5?

monosylab1k
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM

Great, so your team is more retarded than the historically most retarded franchise ever.

If you let the Cards take him, you get Shaun Alexander or Keith Bulluck, and Neil Rackers is still available later.

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 04:29 PM
No doubt it wasn't the smart pick looking at it, but they could have done a lot worse(sadly)

monosylab1k
03-25-2009, 04:32 PM
If he comes in and does what he is supposed to do, then it isn't a wasted pick. The Bills selected Donte Whitner at #8 and he was a late first round prospect. But no one is ripping them anymore. Even Harvey at #8 last year for Jacksonville is looking pretty good, and that was a major reach.

That's what separates the bad franchises from the good ones. The Patriots could have taken Jerod Mayo at 7, but they knew that was a small reach, so they trade down and collected a future 3rd rounder from New Orleans in the process. And they still got their man at 10.

It doesn't matter how good the player turns out. If it's a reach to take him that high, you trade down and get him later, and you collect more draft picks in the process. And if you know nobody is looking at him for another 2 rounds, you don't waste your 1st rounder on him.

It's like paying 100 bucks for a 10 dollar watch. It doesn't matter if that watch turns out the be the best, most reliable watch you ever got and lasts you the rest of your life. If the value of the watch was set at 10 and you paid 100, you still overpaid for it.