PDA

View Full Version : Will/Should Pop Sit TD for Upcoming Back-to-Backs?

VI_Massive
03-16-2009, 12:58 PM
We've got one Tuesday with Minnesota and three more before the regular season ends. None of the opponents are terribly difficult. What do you think?

xtremesteven33
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I would.

Timberwolves no longer have Big Al.

I would do it.

Bartleby
03-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Play TD but start giving Gooden more minutes and hope the Spurs can get some big leads so TD can rest. In any event, the Spurs need to get wins now so they can keep their lead on the rest of the division and hopefully earn Timmy some rest at the end of the regular season.

Pauleta14
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
We've got one Tuesday with Minnesota and three more before the regular season ends. None of the opponents are terribly difficult. What do you think?

Not the whole games, but he definitely should rest him...
Even if he doesn't do to much effort offensively, he is still a threat for the opponents and open space for the others...
And when he plays "QB" he doesn't need much intensity!

hater
03-16-2009, 01:10 PM
you mean for 2nd night in backtobacks? yeah why not

crc21209
03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
No. I think resting him wont help much, as Timmy has said himself that it's going to be a thing he's going to have to fight through all yr. And besides, if the Spurs handle their business right TD will start tonight's and tomorrow's game but it will be a blowout so Tim will rest most of the 2nd half anyway...

VI_Massive
03-16-2009, 01:13 PM
you mean for 2nd night in backtobacks? yeah why not

either one. whichever one is easier to win, i guess.

NFGIII
03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Absolutely rest him. Pop can either give him a few minutes in the either game and let Gooden take it from there or rest him fully for one of those games. Either way TD should be able to get more rest in these upcoming b2b games.

A more rested TD means we have a better chance in the POs. This seems like a no-brainer.

SPURS21
03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I think it is a good idea to rest both Ginobilli and TD as much as possible untill the start of the playoffs. A 6 game series in the first round will give them 2 full weeks to gather their rhythm and be in sound game shape for the second round onwards.

We're not catching LA, Boston or Cleveland so HCA in the Western Finals and Finals isn't going to happen. I say rest the two of them to the extent that we can hold the 2nd or 3rd seed in the West. I do not want to fall to the
4th as this means we're likely facing LA come semi finals.

This also gives the role players and Gooden especially the oportunity to be on thier game come playoff time.

Spursmania
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
If you mean resting him just to rest, why not. But if you think his knee will be better if he rests a a couple of games, then the answer is no. I don't think many people here understand that what Tim has will NOT heal by resting him a couple games here and there. He will play through the tendonosis and the severity will vary day by day.

SpursDynasty
03-16-2009, 02:33 PM
The Spurs were on a such a run before Pop benched the big three for that Denver game.

George Gervin's Afro
03-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Bench him.

Spurlady
03-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't bench him completely, just limit the minutes severely--even if it means a loss or two. I think to keep him and the team in a decent rythym (sp?) it's better that he plays about 20 minutes a game rather than 30+ in one game and none in the next.