PDA

View Full Version : Could Tony be a "star" without Duncan?...

spursfaninla
03-12-2005, 09:50 PM
He is good with a superstar post player drawing defenders, allowing him room to penetrate, but if he had to carry the team on his own, he couldn't score 20, much less 30 a night.

Tony is just a slightly above average scoring pg, homers get over it.

:drunk

Frenchise player
03-12-2005, 09:52 PM
It is irony? I can't understand why are you saying that in the middle of a game without Tim playing with tony.

BronxCowboy
03-12-2005, 09:53 PM
He's got to be kidding, right? Nobody is that stupid, right? Ummm, right???

Rummpd
03-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Tony Parker is a stud, don't under-estimate his talent on both sides of ball.

Since the 1/4 point of season case can be made that he has been at top 3 point guard in league = what the hell more do you want.

BronxCowboy
03-12-2005, 10:00 PM
I think the guy was just trolling, but just in case, I'm going to remind everybody that in the 3 games Duncan has missed, Tony has averaged 23.7 ppg, and has 19 in the first half alone tonight. Pretty much blows away the argument that he couldn't score 20 a night with TD.

slayermin
03-12-2005, 10:03 PM
There are everal stretches in the game that Tony dominates the opposing team as well as anyone in the league. He doesn't do it on a consistent basis and that is the reason he couldn't carry a team by himself, imo.

He is averaging 16+ points a game, which will probably be 18 a game next season and that is without a decent perimeter game. He is a killer around the basket, though.

If he develops a consistent jumper and three point shot, he could average 20+.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-12-2005, 10:03 PM
I think the guy was just trolling, but just in case, I'm going to remind everybody that in the 3 games Duncan has missed, Tony has averaged 23.7 ppg, and has 19 in the first half alone tonight. Pretty much blows away the argument that he couldn't score 20 a night with TD.
I think he could hace an average of 25 points a night without Tim, but those 3 games aren't much proof of that. Its ONLY 3 games. However, I have faith on Tony becoming the best PG in the years to come.

Medvedenko
03-12-2005, 10:11 PM
There's no reason Tony couldn't average 20 points per game...won't do it on the spurs team...because they don't need it....plus there is no point guard in the L that averages over 25, considering only 7 players have that distinction. He's a solid player on the cusp of all-star status.

Rummpd
03-12-2005, 10:23 PM
By the way hell of an impressive 4th tonight by Kobe, he is singlehandly trying to keep LA in the race for 8 and off to an impressive start on road trip.

E20
03-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I think he could hace an average of 25 points a night without Tim, but those 3 games aren't much proof of that. Its ONLY 3 games. However, I have faith on Tony becoming the best PG in the years to come.
I thought you disliked Tony?

MaNuMaNiAc
03-12-2005, 10:45 PM
I thought you disliked Tony?
and why would you say a dumb thing like that??

E20
03-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Oh, I mistook you for IceColdBrewski. You both have a similar avatar. My bad woops. :oops

texbumTHElife
03-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Tony needs to perform better late in games for me to say he would be a "star" in any setting. He still has shown the propinsity(sp?) to dissappear when the game is on the line.

spursfaninla
03-12-2005, 11:01 PM
This whole thread was supposed to be obvious sarcasm.

parker didn't do much in the 2nd half, I was hoping for a 40 pt game...

Rick Von Braun
03-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Not based on the last play... WTF was that?!?!?!?

texbumTHElife
03-12-2005, 11:04 PM
This whole thread was supposed to be obvious sarcasm.

parker didn't do much in the 2nd half, I was hoping for a 40 pt game...

Well if Popp would f'n figure out that this sludge ball BS he is making us playing in the fourth ISNT going to win games for us then Tony might have had 30+. I really dont understand it. 4th quarters have killed this team for as long as I can remember but he still continues the same sub patterns and still plays the ultimate slow down game in the fourth. He also played Tony almost the entire 3rd for some reason.

Lady M
03-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Maybe if the others players had a best purcentage in their shoot, the defense wasn't only on TP and he can do a best 2nd half
after the first quarter, I was affraid about the importance of TP in the game and I think Denver found a solution
and I'm right
The team don't play well :depressed