PDA

View Full Version : Economic Fundamentals

Wild Cobra
03-16-2009, 04:13 PM
I just heard today that the Economic Fundamentals are good. Funny how when the economy was better, they weren't...

sook
03-16-2009, 04:18 PM
OMG LOL you are such a fucking tool. I heard this on Faux news and i was like wtf would Obama seriously say that? Way to take things completely out of context what he said was nothing like that :lmao

He said something along the lines of the "Parts" of the economy that were "Fundamentaly sound"

Nothing like saying "The fundamentals of our economy are strong", credits going to Johnny Mcshame

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2009, 04:22 PM
OMG LOL you are such a fucking tool. I heard this on Faux news and i was like wtf would Obama seriously say that? Way to take things completely out of context what he said was nothing like that :lmao

He said something along the lines of the "Parts" of the economy that were "Fundamentaly sound"

Nothing like saying "The fundamentals of our economy are strong", credits going to Johnny Mcshame
so what you're saying is obama saying parts of parts of our economy is good, but mccain saying parts of our economy is bad?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2009, 04:24 PM
also Faux is pronounced Foe. i've never come across Foe News before.

sook
03-16-2009, 05:18 PM
so what you're saying is obama saying parts of parts of our economy is good, but mccain saying parts of our economy is bad?

No mccain said that our economy as a whole was pretty solid.

sook
03-16-2009, 05:19 PM
also Faux is pronounced Foe. i've never come across Foe News before.

i won't bother elaborating on the subject if you are willfully ignorant.

Yonivore
03-16-2009, 06:33 PM
i won't bother elaborating on the subject if you are willfully ignorant.
Hey sook, Obama's economic guru, czar, or whatever they're calling those people that are filling in until Barry can vet some appointees, said on Meet the Depressed:

5DppivPLjx8

I believe the money quote is: "Of course the fundamentals of the economy are strong." I presume she speaks for President Teleprompter, no?

Not very nuanced, if you ask me. I think they owe Senator McCain an apology...or, at least, attribution.

Yonivore
03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
While we're talking about the hopey changey way Obama is co-opting McCain's campaign rhetoric, post-election; there's this.

Candidate Obama: Taxing Heath Care Benefits is Punishing Workers; Don't Vote for McCain

President Obama: Say, You Know What Might Be Fun? Taxing Health Care Benefits

But, please note, too; McCain really wasn't proposing taxing health care benefits at all -- he was providing a $5000 tax credit for every person, which would more than make up for the taxes they might pay for health care. In the net, it was a tax cut for almost everybody.

But now Obama's on board... at least with the tax part. (At least his administration is considering it.) No word on the tax credit part. (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/03/taxing_benefits_for_the_first.asp)

I want to call it the most hypocritical thing Obama's done but, there sure is a lot of competition at the top...just 55 days into his Presidency. It probably wins the weekly prize...but, again, it's only Monday.

George Gervin's Afro
03-17-2009, 10:51 AM
While we're talking about the hopey changey way Obama is co-opting McCain's campaign rhetoric, post-election; there's this.

Candidate Obama: Taxing Heath Care Benefits is Punishing Workers; Don't Vote for McCain

President Obama: Say, You Know What Might Be Fun? Taxing Health Care Benefits

But, please note, too; McCain really wasn't proposing taxing health care benefits at all -- he was providing a $5000 tax credit for every person, which would more than make up for the taxes they might pay for health care. In the net, it was a tax cut for almost everybody.

But now Obama's on board... at least with the tax part. (At least his administration is considering it.) No word on the tax credit part. (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/03/taxing_benefits_for_the_first.asp)

I want to call it the most hypocritical thing Obama's done but, there sure is a lot of competition at the top...just 55 days into his Presidency. It probably wins the weekly prize...but, again, it's only Monday.

Obama is against taxing health benefits so what's your point?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
No mccain said that our economy as a whole was pretty solid.hmmmm. you might want to rethink your claim. youtube is your friend.

MannyIsGod
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah - pretty much contradicts what they said on the campaign trail if you take it out of context. The right loves to remember how McCain reframed his statement but not the original context of it.

In any event, tell McCain to run a better campaign next time.

Cry Havoc
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM

You are so badly misinformed on this it's disturbing.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah - pretty much contradicts what they said on the campaign trail if you take it out of context. The right loves to remember how McCain reframed his statement but not the original context of it.

In any event, tell McCain to run a better campaign next time.

for someone that points out parroting, your doing pretty good. it seems that both sides uses whichever context that makes them come out better. this whole thing is sandbox politics. shouldn't be any surprise to anyone. you know, i never had a tingle run up my leg over mccain. you somehow don't seem to remember that. must be your high potassium intake.....and yes, i know, "we" lost. it's funny how this big rush to the media happened after obama said parts of parts of the economy are sound. i hope he rests well for leno. he needs to make sure that new firmware gets distributed without any snags.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
But, please note, too; McCain really wasn't proposing taxing health care benefits at all -- he was providing a $5000 tax credit for every person, ......

i think it was $2500 per person. also, remember. "we" lost.

SnakeBoy
03-17-2009, 12:43 PM
czUPTHeYSyc

As Gibbs points out they said the fundamentals of the economy are sound and McCain said they were strong. HUGE difference there! So McCain is still out of touch and Obama is in touch. Someday Obama will finally tell america what the definition of is is. I can't wait.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
5DppivPLjx8

i mean, come on now. you clearly see how uncomfortable she is explaining this to him. just as mccain looked like he was uncomfortable saying what he said back in september. the only thing different about what both men said is one person was black and one was white, or to you bipartisans, one won and one lost. yet the blue pom poms still come out

DarrinS
03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
czUPTHeYSyc

As Gibbs points out they said the fundamentals of the economy are sound and McCain said they were strong. HUGE difference there! So McCain is still out of touch and Obama is in touch. Someday Obama will finally tell america what the definition of is is. I can't wait.

"Sound", in this context, is synonymous with "solid", "stable", etc. I guess there's a HUGE difference.

sook
03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
hmmmm. you might want to rethink your claim. youtube is your friend.

If thats what you base the foundation of your argument on, its no wonder you sound like a misinformed retard? lol, if i know someone doing school project, I'll tell them to just go to youtube :lol

sook
03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey sook, Obama's economic guru, czar, or whatever they're calling those people that are filling in until Barry can vet some appointees, said on Meet the Depressed:

5DppivPLjx8

I believe the money quote is: "Of course the fundamentals of the economy are strong." I presume she speaks for President Teleprompter, no?

Not very nuanced, if you ask me. I think they owe Senator McCain an apology...or, at least, attribution.

I think Obama is a fucking tool, so you have to understand i am picking between the lesser of two evils when i want the country to do whatever it takes to keep you fascist idiots out of office.

Again, you show me a youtube video to give your stupid notion some substance?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-17-2009, 02:05 PM
If thats what you base the foundation of your argument on, its no wonder you sound like a misinformed retard? lol, if i know someone doing school project, I'll tell them to just go to youtube :lolso me looking up a video of the guy speaking of this subject is retarded?...............well, it seems like what i found and what you posted conflict with each other. so what is your source? are you there in washington following everyone's move?

sook
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
so me looking up a video of the guy speaking of this subject is retarded?...............well, it seems like what i found and what you posted conflict with each other. so what is your source? are you there in washington following everyone's move?

Ok, so which ambiguous case are you talking about with respect to the topic, Biden's "Economic Fundamentals being strong," or Obama's?

Like i said, what Obama said was completely taken out of context. Its the difference between saying, "Hey, thats a really big house," and saying "All these houses are so damn big!" If you can't understand that, I don't think we have anything left to debate..

Now, if you're talking about Faux news and Joe Biden, i mean...you know how those fuckers will jump on everything these days:

I realize how "Youtube" is your most credible source next to Faux news so in your honor my friend...

FOX News Caught in outright Fabrication: Fox Edits 6-Month Old Biden Video To Claim He Recently Said Economy Was Strong

http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2009/03/fox-news-caught-in-outright-fabrication.html

xv0ge6ltyLA
The video embedded above shows Fox News’s Martha MacCallum introducing a segment about the Obama administration's current view of the economy: “After weeks of economic doom and gloom, the Obama administration is now singing a slightly different tune."

She then played clips of Romer and other administration officials making seemingly positive comments about the current state of the economy. One of the clips was of Vice President Biden saying, “The fundamentals of the economy are strong! After the segment, MacCallum said, “All right, well the mantra for the weekend is clear, looking at what was said over the course of the shows on Sunday.”

This is a complete fabrication; the clip of Biden's comments is not current. It was filmed six months ago during the presidential campaign. And he wasn't saying that he believed the fundamentals of the economy are strong. He was quoting John McCain - derisively.

It's not even subtle in the film clip - you can see a "Change we can believe in" sign behind him.
Embedded below is the original campaign segment from which FOX extracted their clip.
G7CRDSZ3Pl4&feature=channel_page

Viva Las Espuelas
03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
hmmm. i think you're the only one bringing up biden or Foe News, but hey.....why stop?

sook
03-17-2009, 02:57 PM
hmmm. i think you're the only one bringing up biden or Foe News, but hey.....why stop?

why would it be brought up for no reason? Read OP's comments, its unclear who he's talking about and he said he heard it today, so I'm guessing its the channel he usually masturbates to considering he is a hardcore neocon?

I just heard today that the Economic Fundamentals are good. Funny how when the economy was better, they weren't...

its not hard to put A + B together, but hey, why refute any of the points i made anyways?

MannyIsGod
03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
for someone that points out parroting, your doing pretty good. it seems that both sides uses whichever context that makes them come out better. this whole thing is sandbox politics. shouldn't be any surprise to anyone. you know, i never had a tingle run up my leg over mccain. you somehow don't seem to remember that. must be your high potassium intake.....and yes, i know, "we" lost. it's funny how this big rush to the media happened after obama said parts of parts of the economy are sound. i hope he rests well for leno. he needs to make sure that new firmware gets distributed without any snags.

What exactly am I parroting and who said my post was directed at you? Man, I really do feel sorry for you.

DarrinS
03-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Does anyone actually care about this? If anything, I have a little bit of Barack-lash -- first it's hope, then it's doom, now it's hope again. I'd rather the POTUS be optimistic than vice versa.

Gino
03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Obviously most of the fundamentals of the greatest economy in the history of the world are strong.

Candidate Obama knew this, but he twisted it to attempt to make John McCain look out of touch.

Now he just exposed himself and all the libs are bent out of shape at "faux news".

Viva Las Espuelas
03-19-2009, 02:23 PM
the fundamentals are so strong the fed printed up 1.2 trillion.

Oh, Gee!!
03-19-2009, 03:17 PM

where did you hear it, and who said it?

Winehole23
03-19-2009, 03:32 PM
where did you hear it, and who said it?The Mr.Smarty Pants (http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Archive/column?oid=oid:73663) level of verification.

Viz. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz.),

Mr. Smarty Pants gets his information from books, magazines, newspapers, the internet, radio, and television. He also includes facts he has overheard at parties.

sook
03-19-2009, 03:52 PM
The Mr.Smarty Pants (http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Archive/column?oid=oid:73663) level of verification.

Viz. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz.),

:lmao

Wild Cobra
03-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Idiots...

What level of facts did I specify?

None!

I said I heard, I never gave verification or source. I didn't remember the complete context. Figured someone had to start the thread.

Sorry for disappointing you, but I have little time these days to research, respond, and fact check.

How many times do I state anything as fact lately? Please guys. Get a grip on reality.

Winehole23
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Idiots...

What level of facts did I specify?

None!

I said I heard, I never gave verification or source. I didn't remember the complete context. Figured someone had to start the thread. How very typical. WH23 thanks you for owning up to your Mr. Smarty Pants level of veracity, instead of pretending to be indignant about it.

LnGrrrR
03-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Idiots...
Sorry for disappointing you, but I have little time these days to research, respond, and fact check.

How many times do I state anything as fact lately? Please guys. Get a grip on reality.

Cmon WC... this implies you once bothered to use facts. :D

sook
03-20-2009, 02:45 PM
the right is getting to be more and more vacuous as the days go by...

Yonivore
03-20-2009, 02:53 PM
So, I'd like to see a discussion of the below article and then, the alarmist video by Glenn Beck, linked under that.

Terence Corcoran: Is this the end of America? (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpcomment/archive/2009/03/19/terence-corcoran-is-this-the-end-of-america.aspx)

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3868860&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b 0c12f2749

If they're wrong to be alarmist, why?

LnGrrrR
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
So, I'd like to see a discussion of the below article and then, the alarmist video by Glenn Beck, linked under that.

Terence Corcoran: Is this the end of America? (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpcomment/archive/2009/03/19/terence-corcoran-is-this-the-end-of-america.aspx)

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3868860&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b 0c12f2749

If they're wrong to be alarmist, why?

Because most alarmists are usually wrong. Global warming, Y2K, etc etc. I think even the financial crisis people are overestimating the impact a collapse would have.

Then again, I'm a skeptic.

Yonivore
03-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Because most alarmists are usually wrong. Global warming, Y2K, etc etc. I think even the financial crisis people are overestimating the impact a collapse would have.

Then again, I'm a skeptic.
Well, even Glenn Beck allows he may be wrong but, the Fed did dump a lot of new money into the economy yesterday...more than has ever been dumped before. At best, it's a gamble that, if it fails, could have dire consequences. No? Am I missing something?