PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question

j-money24
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
If kobe had gone to college for one year, he would have been in the same draft as duncan.
kobe or duncan could have gone #1 pick and that would have changed the whole decade. i think kobe would have been the number one pick since he was younger.
thoughts?

sook
03-16-2009, 05:03 PM
if kobe had gone to college for one year, he would have been in the same draft as duncan.
Kobe or duncan could have gone #1 pick and that would have changed the whole decade. I think kobe would have been the number one pick since he was younger.
Thoughts?

fail

anonoftheinternets
03-16-2009, 05:09 PM
fail

+1

spurs wud take duncan over and over again above kobe, they always wanted a big man. Plus it wud be the right choice, just compare their accomplishments to date.

sook
03-16-2009, 05:14 PM
exactly, always take the big man, history proves it over and over again.

DPG21920
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Even with the ability of hind sight now, Duncan is clearly better.

dirk4mvp
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
not a very interesting question.

Unholy Turkey
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM

Good job, Portland!

sook
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Good job, Portland!

well...there is an exception to every rule, if you look like you're fucking 40, there. :D

scanry
03-16-2009, 05:35 PM
If kobe had gone to college for one year, he would have been in the same draft as duncan.
kobe or duncan could have gone #1 pick and that would have changed the whole decade. i think kobe would have been the number one pick since he was younger.
thoughts?

He's only a year younger than Duncan. Duncan has also achieved far more than Kobe over their careers.

BTW Kobe has more mileage than Duncan which i might add.:wow

Spursfan092120
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
thoughts?
Um...Many reasons why this is ridiculous, and a stupid thread. First off, Duncan has proven he can lead a team to a ring. We have all seen that Shaq is the player who lead the Lakers to their rings. Second off, Kobe came right out of High School, and a lot of people weren't too high at the time on drafting people right out of high school. They didn't know how mature they'd be. Vitaly Potapenko and Todd Fuller, along with Samaki Walker and Erick Dampier all came before Kobe, along with a group of good players, before Kobe was drafted at 13, before he was immediately shipped to LA for Vlade Divac. If you really think that Kobe would have been drafted above Tim one year after he was drafted AFTER Potapenko and Fuller, you're insane. One year in college wouldn't change that much. So...from everyone here on the Spurstalk board...
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/19/gtfo128583969030606726.jpg

gaKNOW!blee
03-16-2009, 06:08 PM

Derrick Rose over Michael Beasley was the right choice. (if you wanna call Beasley a big man)

Oden over Durant was wrong.

Look at all the big men taken over Brandon Roy....he is better than all of them.

Bogut over Williams and Paul = fail.

I don't think its all that true anymore, you always take the better player imo.