PDA

View Full Version : Rare Footage of Game Six Discovered

Galileo
03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Rare Footage of Game Six Discovered

Rare footage of Game Six of the 2002 NBA Western Conference Finals has been discovered.

This footage is even harder to find than footage of Building Seven.

Kings vs. Lakers, 2002 WCF Game 6, Part 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS10rSrOhI&feature=related

Kings vs. Lakers, 2002 WCF Game 6, Part 2 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlByVWEEXE8&feature=related

Kings vs. Lakers, 2002 WCF Game 6, Part 3 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KJvlSUB-w

Game Six of the 2002 NBA Western Conference Finals was fixed by Commissioner David Stern, and refs Bob Delaney (former undercover cop) and ref Dick Bavetta, so that the Los Angeles Lakers could make the NBA Finals, rather than the Sacramento Kings.

The above video is very hard to find because YouTube had all Game Six videos removed last year when the story was confirmed.

More Details:

NBA Fixed the 2002 WCF Game 6 (with Ralph Nader)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XmeA5VmhX4&feature=related

Best overview of entire series, including the infamous Game Six:

NBA: Where Rigged Games Happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4t5RMFt5u8&feature=related

The San Antonio Spurs have also fallen victim to the NBA anti-small market conspiracy.

Please get the word out before Stern strikes again and YouTube takes down the video.

z0sa
03-16-2009, 06:06 PM
The Lakers most definitely get more calls when they need them and deserve them as opposed to probably 20 of the other teams in the League. The economy has scared stern nshitless, small market teams without a marketable star will not be doing well for a couple years, guaranteed.

Spursfan092120
03-16-2009, 06:10 PM
wow

Allanon
03-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Those videos are massive fails

Even with all their review, and the benefit of replay, the only iffy call was Vlade's foul on Shaq on the jumphook. But you can't even see the lower body on that video.

On the first Shaq/Divac foul, Vlade was holding Shaq's arm with his left hand.

Mike Bibby was holding Kobe Bryant pretty clearly with no foul call.

That's the BEST they could come up with? What phantom calls?

alchemist
03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
4 Championships and the league is rigged? :lol

baseline bum
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Sacramento committed lots of stupid fouls, but the no-call on Bryant throwing his elbow into Bibby's face was inexcusable.

Allanon
03-16-2009, 06:25 PM
but the no-call on Bryant throwing his elbow into Bibby's face was inexcusable.

Look at Mike Bibby's right arm, he was holding Kobe completely around the waist with no foul either. What's a player supposed to do?

EricB
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Look at Mike Bibby's right arm, he was holding Kobe completely around the waist with no foul either. What's a player supposed to do?

Try not and hit a guy in the face? :lmao

"He's got me around the waist, so I'm gonna hit this guy in the face with an elbow"

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
4 Championships and the league is rigged? :lol

That's how good Tim Duncan is...Stern was clearly shaking his head when Timmy got his 4th one in 2007.

Spursfan092120
03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Those videos are massive fails

Even with all their review, and the benefit of replay, the only iffy call was Vlade's foul on Shaq on the jumphook. But you can't even see the lower body on that video.

On the first Shaq/Divac foul, Vlade was holding Shaq's arm with his left hand.

Mike Bibby was holding Kobe Bryant pretty clearly with no foul call.

That's the BEST they could come up with? What phantom calls?
Bibby's arm was wrapped around Kobe AFTER the elbow...only to try to keep himself held up.

Spursfan092120
03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
That's how good Tim Duncan is...Stern was clearly shaking his head when Timmy got his 4th one in 2007.
Yes...I agree...and Stern has even said "My dream Finals would be The Lakers vs. The Lakers."

Galileo
03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Did YouTube Scrub Lakers/Kings WCF Game 6?
http://www.canishoopus.com/2008/6/12/551128/did-youtube-scrub-lakers-k

Lakers-Kings Game 6 2002 videos DELETED
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91563

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Game 6's officiating was too obvious. I don't even need to watch those youtubes 7 years later to remind me. It was too blatant. Everyone in the country outside of LA, was rooting for the Kings that series.
Lousy Purple and Gold Sons of Bitches.

Horse
We know it's fixed, I keep seeing phil jacksons record against Pop 4-1. Well I challenge anyone reading this to do anything in 4 10ths of a second. No way you take a dribble pull the ball behind your head like fish does and beat the clock. How bout last years no call on barry. phil is great, great at between game whining the best ever. That's why Parker can get to the rim at will, Spurs go up 2-0 phil starts press conference bitching. All the sudden Parker can't drive without getting rapped, But now no calls. Fuck stern!

Red Hawk #21

Alanon I respect you and look at you different from other Laker fans, but seriously? How can you try to justify that last call? That was godawful, Kobe clearly rocked the crap out of Bibby in front of the ref and the foul was still called on Bibby. FIXED!!!

Allanon
Try not and hit a guy in the face? :lmao

"He's got me around the waist, so I'm gonna hit this guy in the face with an elbow"

If you're gonna bring up one foul, you gotta bring up other. Neither foul was called.

If the refs are gonna let players get away with holding, you gotta back off the player yourself.

I'd be pissed as well, "Get off me mofo!"

ibby's arm was wrapped around Kobe AFTER the elbow...only to try to keep himself held up

Nah, it was before. In fact, if Bibby hadn't hugged him in closer, he probably wouldn't have gotten hit. Look at the end of the Ralph Nader vid, you can see Bibby kinda pulled Kobe into himself.

Galileo
03-16-2009, 06:39 PM
NBA Ref Was Mob Infiltrator

CBS Evening News

Before he became an NBA referee, Bob Delaney was an undercover New Jersey state trooper who helped arrest over 35 organized crime figures. Now he has infiltrated the NBA.

http://beta.sling.com/video/show/55917/02/NBA-Ref-Was-Mob-Infiltrator

Best lines from Bob Delaney:

"You lie about so much when you are undercover."

"It's an unwritten rule in the schoolyard that you don't tell on your friends, and that's what I did."

Bob Delaney reffed game six of the 2002 Western Conference Finals.

Delaney is the ref standing there calling the foul on Bibby that should have been a flagrant foul on Kobe.

Once a liar, always a liar.

At the time of the call, LA was up by one point with 11 seconds left. Bibby should have gotten two free throws and the ball out of bounds.

Red Hawk #21
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Game 6's officiating was too obvious. I don't even need to watch those youtubes 7 years later to remind me. It was too blatant. Everyone in the country outside of LA, was rooting for the Kings that series.

Exactly, it was so blatant. Even Laker fans know it but they wont admit it.

Allanon
03-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Alanon I respect you and look at you different from other Laker fans, but seriously? How can you try to justify that last call? That was godawful, Kobe clearly rocked the crap out of Bibby in front of the ref and the foul was still called on Bibby. FIXED!!!

It's all good Red Hawk, I could be wrong as well. Maybe you guys are seeing something I'm not.

To me, it looks like Kobe was making a move, Bibby grabbed him and Kobe gave him some elbow. I don't think Kobe was starting the move to give Bibby an elbow, but he did once he got grabbed. If Bibby didn't grab Kobe and hug him in closer, he probably wouldn't have gotten hit.

If you look at the end of the Ralph Nader video they replay it in slomo and it seems to be a pretty clear look at the fouls.

Both were fouls, it looks like neither one was called.

poop
03-16-2009, 06:46 PM
i know for sure there was dirty shit going on in 2006. the refs were CLEARLY doing all they could to help the Mavs beat us. then they got a taste of their own medicine when the Heat got the favoritism in the finals. that whole year was a fluke IMO, both teams that made the finals that year came out of nowhere and both got humiliated the next year in the first round(never happened before in nba history-wonder why), never to compete again, what a joke

2006 should have an asterisk by it forever.

mabrignani
03-16-2009, 06:46 PM
i havent been able to watch these yet bc of the work computer...but is donaghy referee-ing these games? if so that should say everything

SpursDynasty
03-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Everybody outside of LA agrees that Game 6 in '02 was fixed. Nothing we can do about it now, but it just reminds everyone that the Lakers haven't won a fair championship since 2001...

Allanon
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Here's a picture of the vid, Bibby holding Bryant even before Kobe brings up his elbow.

The blur on the right side of the screen is the ref standing there and he let the hold go uncalled as well.

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/1goumbljfclbpephoptk.jpg

Galileo
03-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Kobe hit Bibby before Bibby baby-tapped Kobe.

Even if Bibby tapped Kobe first, you can't throw an elbow like that.

The right hook by Kobe on Bibby was the most devastating hook in sports since Joe Frazier's left hooks against Ali in March of 1971 in rounds 11 and 15 at Madison Square Garden.

Joe Frazier vs Muhammad Ali 1971 - Round 9-11 (last third of video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaYwP85k0eI

Joe Frazier vs Muhammad Ali 1971 - Round 15
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7863769845648881550&ei=xMC-SYnLEJ7OqwK9icDcCw&q=joe+frazier+ali+1971&hl=en

Galileo
03-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Here's a picture of the vid, Bibby holding Bryant even before Kobe brings up his elbow.

The blur on the right side of the screen is the ref standing there and he let the hold go uncalled as well.

Bibby did not foul Kobe. The ball wasn't even thrown in yet. Bibby just has his hand out a little, getting ready to establish position, when Kobe popped him.

The ref is the evil Bob Delaney, a crook and a liar who is in Stern's back pocket.

Allanon
03-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Bibby did not foul Kobe. The ball wasn't even thrown in yet. Bibby just has his hand out a little, getting ready to establish position, when Kobe popped him.

The ref is the evil Bob Delaney, a crook and a liar who is in Stern's back pocket.

The ball isn't even thrown in yet, that's a two shot foul and the ball.

And I'm not sure how that is Bibby with just his hand out a little, he's clearly holding Kobe.

And look at their feet, you can tell they were bodied up on that right side. Unless Bibby's arm is only 1 foot long, Bibby's hand is probably all the way up Kobe's butt-crack :lol

Don't get me wrong, Kobe's elbow is definitely a foul but so was Bibby's, Bibby's came first.

Which one are you gonna call?

Mal
03-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Wow, pretty good team was Sacramento that time. Bibby, Christie, Webber, Divac + young Hedo, Peya, Gerald Walllace. Sad that they get robbed.

G-Nob
03-16-2009, 07:15 PM
That's pretty upsetting.
When Donahee came out and mentioned that particular game, I think I was even more upset. The problem was, Baveta was involved. Baveta may not have had any say in the game either way.

Galileo
03-16-2009, 07:23 PM

And I'm not sure how that is Bibby with just his hand out a little, he's clearly holding Kobe. Bibby's hand is probably all the way up Kobe's butt-crack :lol

Don't get me wrong, Kobe's elbow is definitely a foul but so was Bibby's, Bibby's came first.

Which one are you gonna call?

He's not holding Kobe at all. Kobe initiated the contact.

ginomvp
03-16-2009, 07:27 PM

And I'm not sure how that is Bibby with just his hand out a little, he's clearly holding Kobe. Bibby's hand is probably all the way up Kobe's butt-crack :lol
r u honestly trying to defend kobe's elbow? i dont know whether or not the nba is rigged but i do think that certain players like kobe and lebron to name a couple r given favorable treatment. but we have to remember that the nba is a business and unfortuntaly good guys like tim duncan do not get the respect because they aren't sexy enough.by the way kobe is the sleeziest most disgusting player in the nba.

Allanon
03-16-2009, 07:27 PM
He's not holding Kobe at all. Kobe initiated the contact.

Whether or not Kobe initiated the contact, it's not OK to hold a player.

And yes, unless Bibby's arm is only 1 foot long, he's holding Kobe pretty good. His forearm and hands are completely missing in the picture because he has them around Kobe's back.

How can Bibby's hold on an out of bounds play, not be a two shot foul and the ball?

Allanon
03-16-2009, 07:29 PM
r u honestly trying to defend kobe's elbow? i dont know whether or not the nba is rigged but i do think that certain players like kobe and lebron to name a couple r given favorable treatment. but we have to remember that the nba is a business and unfortuntaly good guys like tim duncan do not get the respect because they aren't sexy enough.by the way kobe is the sleeziest most disgusting player in the nba.

Kobe's elbow WAS a foul, I admit it. But I'm saying Bibby's hold was also a foul. Bibby fouled Kobe first.

Who are you going to give the foul to?

This picture of the hold came first, before the elbow:

Galileo
03-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Whether or not Kobe initiated the contact, it's not OK to hold a player.

And yes, unless Bibby's arm is only 1 foot long, he's holding Kobe pretty good. His forearm and hands are completely missing in the picture because he has them around Kobe's back.

How can Bibby's hold on an out of bounds play, not be a two shot foul and the ball?

Bibby held him after he was hammered by Kobe.

ginomvp
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Kobe's elbow WAS a foul, I admit it. But I'm saying Bibby's hold was also a foul. Bibby fouled Kobe first.

that "hold" that bibby is doing is done all the time in those types of end of game situations and they r never called. and u know kobe would have got the call if the roles were reversed. also if u look closely kobe's left arm is holding bibby's right arm down so bibby cannot gets his hands up to contest the pass.

Galileo
03-16-2009, 07:38 PM

You are a Lakers amd Kobe fan, not an objective observer. No one else sees what you see. For all I know, you are Bob Delaney going undercover, posting comments here under a fake name.

Manufan909
03-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Wow, watching those videos make me sick.

GSH
03-16-2009, 07:42 PM

That series was probably the low point in the history of the NBA, as far as biased officiating. The league made all the video clips "disappear" for a reason. You'll note that they also made all the clips of Kermit Washington crushing Rudy T's face disappear as well. They just don't want evidence of those clouds hanging over the game. Personally, I think disposing of the evidence makes things look even worse. I'm surprised that any new clips have survived on Youtube, but they won't be there long.

Well I challenge anyone reading this to do anything in 4 10ths of a second. No way you take a dribble pull the ball behind your head like fish does and beat the clock.

Always start by giving credit to Derek Fisher for making that shot. If he didn't execute, there wouldn't be any controversy. That being said, I can tell you with absolute certainty that everyone in NBA management - including David Stern - knows that it took more than .4 seconds to make that shot. It's not hard to look at the frame-by-frame and determine that.

The league was in a tough position, no matter which way they ruled. They made a conscious decision to not discuss how long the shot actually took, and only talk about whether or not the shot clock had expired before the ball left Fisher's fingertips.

A season or two before, the league had done a very detailed study of how long it actually takes to get a shot off. They knew precisely which actions take how much time. They actually made a rule that anything other than a simple deflection, or catch-and-shoot while still in the air, was impossible in less than .4 seconds. If I remember right (and I think I do) the rule was that if the clock read less than .4, the game was over. Their instructions also said that the shot clock (including the red light around the backboard) is not the determinant of whether the game is over. The determining factor was supposed to be how much time had actually elapsed. That was to allow for the fact that the clock is operated by human hands, while actual time is an absolute.

The main thing is that they knew, without any question, that the actions taken by Fisher take more than .4 seconds to execute. But they knew they were going to piss a bunch of people off no matter which way they ruled. They made a very conscious decision to choose the path that would hurt them the least. It was very pragmatic and, considering the position they were in, probably the best decision. But don't kid yourself. No one, outside of ignorant fans, has any illusion that the shot actually took only .4 seconds to accomplish.

And exactly none of that matters. The Spurs lost. The Kings lost. The only reason for keeping either one alive is to try and make sure that neither happen again

ginomvp
03-16-2009, 07:46 PM
That series was probably the low point in the history of the NBA, as far as biased officiating. The league made all the video clips "disappear" for a reason. You'll note that they also made all the clips of Kermit Washington crushing Rudy T's face disappear as well. They just don't want evidence of those clouds hanging over the game. Personally, I think disposing of the evidence makes things look even worse. I'm surprised that any new clips have survived on Youtube, but they won't be there long.

Always start by giving credit to Derek Fisher for making that shot. If he didn't execute, there wouldn't be any controversy. That being said, I can tell you with absolute certainty that everyone in NBA management - including David Stern - knows that it took more than .4 seconds to make that shot. It's not hard to look at the frame-by-frame and determine that.

The league was in a tough position, no matter which way they ruled. They made a conscious decision to not discuss how long the shot actually took, and only talk about whether or not the shot clock had expired before the ball left Fisher's fingertips.

A season or two before, the league had done a very detailed study of how long it actually takes to get a shot off. They knew precisely which actions take how much time. They actually made a rule that anything other than a simple deflection, or catch-and-shoot while still in the air, was impossible in less than .4 seconds. If I remember right (and I think I do) the rule was that if the clock read less than .4, the game was over. Their instructions also said that the shot clock (including the red light around the backboard) is not the determinant of whether the game is over. The determining factor was supposed to be how much time had actually elapsed. That was to allow for the fact that the clock is operated by human hands, while actual time is an absolute.

The main thing is that they knew, without any question, that the actions taken by Fisher take more than .4 seconds to execute. But they knew they were going to piss a bunch of people off no matter which way they ruled. They made a very conscious decision to choose the path that would hurt them the least. It was very pragmatic and, considering the position they were in, probably the best decision. But don't kid yourself. No one, outside of ignorant fans, has any illusion that the shot actually took only .4 seconds to accomplish.

And exactly none of that matters. The Spurs lost. The Kings lost. The only reason for keeping either one alive is to try and make sure that neither happen again
+1 very well put.

Korny Earl
03-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Personally I always keep that stuff in the back of my mind when I see bs calls going on. It seems to always come across during bigger games, clutch moments, when more is riding on the call. Which to me means the refs should be making exceptional calls but. I don't know, I try not to let it ruin my fun while watching the game. Its kind of like when George Bush was on TV I would always try not to think of the 9/11 conspiracies & the Michael Moore douche films etc.. I nearly divorced the NBA last year after the Fisher on Barry foul. Hopefully the Lakers - Celtics record breaking crap last year will hold them off for the Spurs return this year. Maybe not though.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
That video has me convinced. Kobe hit Bibby in the face with his elbow like 30 times and he never got whistled once for it.

Allanon
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
You are a Lakers amd Kobe fan, not an objective observer. No one else sees what you see. For all I know, you are Bob Delaney going undercover, posting comments here under a fake name.

Objective is calling two fouls like they are.

Bibby held Kobe (foul 1)
Kobe elbowed Bibby (foul 2)

Both are fouls no matter how you slice it.

Being non-objective is like me saying Kobe didn't foul Bibby, he did.
Being non-objective is like you saying Bibby didn't foul Kobe, he did.

Bibby's obviously came first, I don't see how with that picture it can be said that Kobe fouled Bibby first. Bibby is holding Kobe way before Kobe's elbow came.

How are you going to call a foul on Kobe without calling the foul on Bibby first? If Bibby wasn't holding Kobe, he wouldn't have gotten elbowed.

Chicken before the egg.

jmard5
03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
That video has me convinced. Kobe hit Bibby in the face with his elbow like 30 times and he never got whistled once for it.

Hmm. I also see Bibby got hit 5 times, no whistles also. I'll view it again.

:lol

rayray2k8
03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Oh wow!
A report from almost a year ago about a game that happened 7 years ago!
How is this spurs related?
Spurs beat the Lakers in 2003 and then L.A. came back the next year only
to crumble away to the Pistons...
Kings just couldn't get it down in game 7 at home...

TampaDude
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
The Lakers most definitely get more calls when they need them and deserve them as opposed to probably 20 of the other teams in the League. The economy has scared stern nshitless, small market teams without a marketable star will not be doing well for a couple years, guaranteed.

Stern wants Kobe vs. LeBron in the Finals...book it.

kobyz
03-17-2009, 03:55 AM
Objective is calling two fouls like they are.

Bibby held Kobe (foul 1)
Kobe elbowed Bibby (foul 2)

Both are fouls no matter how you slice it.

Being non-objective is like me saying Kobe didn't foul Bibby, he did.
Being non-objective is like you saying Bibby didn't foul Kobe, he did.

Bibby's obviously came first, I don't see how with that picture it can be said that Kobe fouled Bibby first. Bibby is holding Kobe way before Kobe's elbow came.

How are you going to call a foul on Kobe without calling the foul on Bibby first? If Bibby wasn't holding Kobe, he wouldn't have gotten elbowed.

Chicken before the egg.

and what about the others 30 calls that the refs invent in favor of the Lakers? and you can see in those videos that they were bullshit calls in favor of the Lakers.

AussieFanKurt
03-17-2009, 04:29 AM
i dont understand why leagues have to be rigged, its more exciting if its real not fixed.

hitmanyr2k
03-17-2009, 04:31 AM
The refs raped the Kings in this game :lol. When Vlade was laughing at Pollard fouling out on the ridiculous call it gave me flashbacks of Duncan laughing on the bench before Joey Crawford threw him out lol.

I've never seen so many touch fouls in my life in the 4th qtr lol. Funderburke couldn't even lay a hand on Shaq without the whistle blowing. That just got LA into the penalty quick. The Horry flop on Webber was equally ridiculous. The Divac foul that got him out of the game was garbage. Kobe with his patented verbal flop to get the call after he was blocked clean. The elbow to Bibby's mug was the icing. Man, it's easy to see how blatantly fixed this game was. It was like the refs weren't even trying to hide it lol.

AussieFanKurt
03-17-2009, 04:45 AM
what do you all think of this if you havent seen it already
Stephen A talking about officiating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWbUFauHZ2A&feature=related

AussieFanKurt
03-17-2009, 04:48 AM
he states that Joey is one of the very greatest refs out there

03-17-2009, 04:57 AM
i've seen these videos before, they appear and disappear ever so often on youtube. the foul by bibby after kobe shot the technical free throw in the first video was ridiculous. bibby didn't even touch bryant. and for those that are arguing kobe's elbow to bibby's nose, it looked like they wrapped each other at the exact same time. since kobe bulldozed bibby, it should have been a foul on bryant. the fouls where vlade just stands behind shaq are always funny yet sad at the same time.

i always found it interesting why videos of this game or even clips showing just the fouls always end up deleted. there are thousands of self made clips of nba games that are never removed. there are videos that criticize the officiating like last year's duncan ejection by crawford still up. so why does the nba only target this game? i can think of other nba videos that mysteriously disappear like the palace brawl where artest goes ape shit but that's because the nba hides it so it doesn't damage its reputation. by removing this video, the nba is practically admitting there is something to hide. videos of this game always mysteriously disappear whenever i search for it in the future.

50Bestspurever
03-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Great debates. But if the NBA was really fixed, no way we get big dave, no way in hell we get timmy, and no way in hell or in any other dimension we get four fucking rings.

03-17-2009, 05:13 AM
so part 2 of the videos at the 4:05 mark, there is an undeniably foul by fisher on bibby. then a questionable call on the kings when kobe ran the fast break. even the commentators say bibby was fouled and did not see kobe fouled when he ran the fast break.

bibby needs get his ass on the spurs next year and get his revenge on the lakers. wallace too.

AussieFanKurt
03-17-2009, 05:18 AM
not all aspects are fixed, but some things do certainly seem a little odd sometimes

AussieFanKurt
03-17-2009, 05:34 AM
this shit is so fucked
im watching some on youtube now
were the refs high?

Allanon
03-17-2009, 06:16 AM
and what about the others 30 calls that the refs invent in favor of the Lakers? and you can see in those videos that they were bullshit calls in favor of the Lakers.

Not at all. How do we know they're BS calls? Shaq even today can only be guarded by fouling him. Not to mention how unstoppable he was in his prime. It's not surprising that alot of foul calls are called against ANY team defending Shaq.

With so many "bad calls" in that game, couldn't they have found some real "bad calls".

For example, like the Vlade foul that some are saying isn't a foul, just look

Where rigged happens video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4t5RMFt5u8&feature=related)

Vlade's obviously holding Shaq's left arm at the biceps, that's a pretty blatant foul. Where's the phantom call? That's a foul all the way.

This picture ain't clear but watch that video at 3:13.

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/svsbds5vgb3oc5l6hfof.jpg

TheDarkSide.
03-17-2009, 06:30 AM
in the first video bibby contests kobe's shot, nowhere near the arm. kobe doesn't try selling it AT ALL and bibby gets the foul. How is this hard to believe that referees can be ordered to give Big market teams calls? It's a business and Big Market=Big money, ratings everything.

mudyez
03-17-2009, 07:01 AM
I think, they should play the game (and maybe the whole playoffs) again...only question is: is it better using the former rosters or the ones from now? ;)

Allanon
03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
I think, they should play the game (and maybe the whole playoffs) again...only question is: is it better using the former rosters or the ones from now? ;)

Refs make bad calls in any game really. I don't believe the NBA (overall) is fixed. To be fair, we'd have to call into question all the championships from those 13 years.

It wouldn't be fair to say only the Lakers "benefited".

Donaghy was a ref from 1994 to 2007, that's alot of series that would have to be replayed. Heheh, if they do that, they would have to redo the Suns/Spurs series as well according to Suns fans (even the broadcasters):

fvkKdXLwt0U

Spur-Addict
03-17-2009, 07:27 AM
:lol

jag
03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
All these allegations seem so ridiculous to me. Donaghy is the source of all of this...not some well respected ref that's out of the game.

None of this is new, none of this is groundbreaking.

KidCongo
03-17-2009, 07:44 AM
I feel bad for the players and fans of that Kings team.

Walton Buys Off Me
03-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Wow, painful to relive if you're a Kings fan.

Sacramento was the NBA's best team that year, everybody knows that.

SpursDynasty
03-17-2009, 08:03 AM
1. Why would Donaghy, after all the shit he got himself into, risk even further punishment by lying in court again? I don't see why he'd do that at all, as crooked as he is. This game is so full of blatant bullshit that even with the missed/bad calls that are part of the game, it's obvious it was fixed.

2. People are corrupt. Presidents, public officials, CEOs, you name it. I don't think NBA referees and commissioners are immune from turning corrupt for the sake of financial profit (Lakers in the Finals).

3. Nothing we can do about it now. Whether its the Kings series, the .4, or the non-call vs. the Spurs last year, the commissioner and the league love the Lakers, and they will get away with shit. Only the Lakers can elbow someone in plain view and not get called, jump on top of someone in plain view and not get called, and catch turn and shoot the ball in less than half a second. If a series is close enough, there will be rigging to where it isn't so noticeable. They couldn't rig the Finals as Boston was the clear favorite and superior team in the series.

2Cleva
03-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Anyone who complains about Game 6 needs to watch Game 5 of that same series.

The refs damn neared fouled Shaq out of that game by halftime.

temujin
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM

O'Neal should normally foul out by the end of first quarters.

temujin
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
I iknow it makes feel people better, but, nevertheless,
you gotta be pretty stupid to think that the NBA is the ONLY organization where corruption is inexistent.

Beyond redemption, I would say.

temujin
03-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh and the Lakers will win, this year.

Spursmania
03-17-2009, 11:59 AM
I think I'm going to throw up. How can this happen? And, more than once. It sickens me. The Kings got robbed.

Those poor guys got robbed. Fucking sad.

Horse
03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Let's not forget about the bermuda triangle 4th quarter disappearence of the 2000 trailblazers.

Galileo
03-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Let's not forget about the bermuda triangle 4th quarter disappearence of the 2000 trailblazers.

I remember watching that game. In game seven, the Blazers were up by 15 points with half a quarter to go as I remember (correct me if I'm wrong), then somehow the Lakers came back.

I thought the game was over.

Horse
03-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I remember watching that game. In game seven, the Blazers were up by 15 points with half a quarter to go as I remember (correct me if I'm wrong), then somehow the Lakers came back.

I thought the game was over.
Yeah all the sudden wallace is missing layups. And the best team that season gave it all away. A little fishy.

Obstructed_View
03-17-2009, 07:30 PM

Yeah I seem to remember that the Kings had a huge FTA advantage in their home games.

tomtom
03-17-2009, 07:58 PM

Please, we don't speak of that :depressed

ECZ
03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow

GSH
03-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Great debates. But if the NBA was really fixed, no way we get big dave, no way in hell we get timmy, and no way in hell or in any other dimension we get four fucking rings.

Dead on! The officiating in that series was extremely biased, and some of the calls were so bad that you can't fault people for thinking it was intentional. That doesn't mean that the whole league is fixed.

But don't kid yourself, the league has gotten involved in officiating at times - to the point of creating biased calls against specific players or teams. For instance, they tell the refs that carrying is a problem, and it needs to be called more. And to illustrate their point, they show 4 video clips that all show Tony Parker rolling his hand under the ball as he dribbles. The "official" instruction is that carrying violations should be called a little tighter. But it's understood that Tony Parker is going to get some calls against him in the next several games.

I'll say straight out - I think that Stu Jackson has been guilty of influencing officiating in ways that benefitted specific teams. I don't know what his motives were, but I think he did it knowingly and intentionally. And I think David Stern's biggest shortcoming has been his unwillingness to believe it, and kick that bastard out.

The officiating in that Sacramento series was bad enough to either warrant an investigation, or to justify firing a couple of referees for incompetence.

picnroll
03-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Not at all. How do we know they're BS calls? Shaq even today can only be guarded by fouling him. Not to mention how unstoppable he was in his prime. It's not surprising that alot of foul calls are called against ANY team defending Shaq.

With so many "bad calls" in that game, couldn't they have found some real "bad calls".

For example, like the Vlade foul that some are saying isn't a foul, just look

Where rigged happens video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4t5RMFt5u8&feature=related)

Vlade's obviously holding Shaq's left arm at the biceps, that's a pretty blatant foul. Where's the phantom call? That's a foul all the way.

This picture ain't clear but watch that video at 3:13.

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/svsbds5vgb3oc5l6hfof.jpg
I didn't get past the first 5 seconds. Kobe extends his arm and pushes off Christie on the drive to get separation, the play that ends with Horry's three. Clearly a foul on Kobe.

Kobe should have been suspend from game seven for a shot to Bibby's head.

Dave McNulla
03-17-2009, 11:39 PM
i hate siding with laker fan, but that's just whining. iirc, kings got some benefit of calls in game 5. it can't be perfect or even all the time, but comes round goes round in the end. best team wins 7 game series (except for the bullets in 79 ecf)

Allanon
03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I didn't get past the first 5 seconds. Kobe extends his arm and pushes off Christie on the drive to get separation, the play that ends with Horry's three. Clearly a foul on Kobe.

Haven't you seen the video of Jordan pushing off Byron Russell? That's considered one of the greatest plays of all time. Was Jordan's second 3-peat rigged by Stern & Donaghy?

Kobe should have been suspend from game seven for a shot to Bibby's head.

Bibby fouled Kobe first. If the refs had called that foul or if Bibby wasn't holding Kobe, there wouldn't have been an elbow.

Should Bowen have been suspended for Game 6 in Spurs vs Suns for his knee to Nash's nuts?

7J2SDouIqtA

Cant_Be_Faded
03-18-2009, 12:11 AM
I will never forget this game for the rest of my life. It was the most disgusting, blatant show of cheating I've ever seen in the NBA (until the Pau Gasol trade).

Allanon
03-18-2009, 12:15 AM
I will never forget this game for the rest of my life. It was the most disgusting, blatant show of cheating I've ever seen in the NBA (until the Pau Gasol trade).

Are you are talking about this game?

Laker fans and Spur fans can't complain about fixes/cheating with their 3&4 championships each during Donaghy's reign.

It is much like the Pot calling the Kettle black.

fvkKdXLwt0U

spurastic
03-18-2009, 12:26 AM

Laker fans and Spur fans can't complain about fixes/cheating with their 3&4 championships each during Donaghy's reign.

fvkKdXLwt0U

Thanks for the fond memories! I was at that game. Of course the spin of this video is the usual whining. One could put together another video showing the opposite.

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 12:33 AM
The SAC v LAL was much much much worse...

Allanon
03-18-2009, 12:39 AM
The SAC v LAL was much much much worse...

How so?

Which were the bad calls in SAC v LAL? How many bad calls in Suns v Spurs?

Cant_Be_Faded
03-18-2009, 12:44 AM

fvkKdXLwt0U

Noone outside of your god forsaken state with a fully functional nutsack believes you were NOT given that series. And anyone with a brain capable of counting, knows that ratfuck Fisher did not really get that shot off.

This is not a pot and kettle situation. In this era of the NBA, no team has come close to getting the shady calls yours has. None. It's more like pot and tea cup.

The fact that laker fans actually go at lengths to defend their cheating team (like you are now) points only to an inner feeling of shame.

Obstructed_View
03-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Give me a break with the cheating talk, folks. After all, it's not like the Lakers have been to the finals half the time or anything.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the fond memories! I was at that game.
You can see the crowd going all crazy in that building, must have been loud as hell.

Of course the spin of this video is the usual whining. One could put together another video showing the opposite.

Agreed. These mixes always try to find the worst case scenario and try to make it a big deal. Truth is, stuff like this goes on every game and you can make an NBA is Rigged video after every game.

The Spurs are the saints and never get the benefit of calls. And because it's the Lakers, it's easy to say they didn't deserve their wins/championships/rings.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Noone outside of your god forsaken state with a fully functional nutsack believes you were NOT given that series. And anyone with a brain capable of counting, knows that ratfuck Fisher did not really get that shot off.

This is not a pot and kettle situation. In this era of the NBA, no team has come close to getting the shady calls yours has. None. It's more like pot and tea cup.

The fact that laker fans actually go at lengths to defend their cheating team (like you are now) points only to an inner feeling of shame.

Of course, the Spurs never get the benefit of the calls. Kobe should have been suspended for elbowing Bibby but Bowen's kick to Nash's nuts was incidental and just an accident.

Spurs were the only pious team to win their 4 championships fair and square. Cheating teams like the Lakers/Celtics/Pistons/Bulls all were given their titles by the refs and the evil Stern.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-18-2009, 12:50 AM
You go on, and on and on, with blatantly child-like logic in your rebuttles, why? Why not exit the thread and leave us stupid spurs fans to jack off to how the NBA gave you that series? You go on because you know its true.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 12:52 AM
You go on, and on and on, with blatantly child-like logic in your rebuttles, why? Why not exit the thread and leave us stupid spurs fans to jack off to how the NBA gave you that series? You go on because you know its true.

Child-like rebuttals for an idiot. You're the only dumbfuck that thinks the Lakers are the only team in the world to get calls.

Other posters knew well enough to leave the post alone after being reminded of the Suns/Spurs calls.

Pot calling the kettle black, take an exit from your own jackoff brain.

Spursfan092120
03-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Child-like rebuttals for an idiot. You're the only dumbfuck that thinks the Lakers are the only team in the world to get calls.

Other posters knew well enough to leave the post alone after being reminded of the Suns/Spurs calls.

Pot calling the kettle black, take an exit from your own jackoff brain.
The calls in that Suns/Spurs series were bad on both sides. When a Phoenix Suns fan comes up with the video, of course it's only going to show those that work in their favor. Your whole "League wants Spurs to win" argument is futile. Stern himself admits that the Spurs winning the title does nothing for his bankbook. Small market teams winning hurts him financial-wise. And everyone was calling SA boring at that time, so he wasn't doing it for the fans. Tell me..why would Stern want SA to win? Please, tell me. I'd love to hear it. Now, Phoenix had more flair, is a much larger market, and scored over 100 points a game. Would have gotten more people to watch. So why would Stern want SA to beat them in that series so bad that he would actually convince the officials to swing the calls in SA's favor. Bottom line, the officiating was HORRIBLE in that series...on both sides. Truth is, the Lakers ARE the team that gets the most calls in the league..everyone knows that. Kobe gets more no calls than anyone in league history. I've seen him smack people (ie Mike Bibby) and get away with smacking people enough to where it makes me sick. He travels almost as much as Lebron (with no calls), and the NBA builds him up like a God. I've seen Matt Bonner go down and hit back to back threes while the NBA acts like it's no big deal. Meanwhile, after that, Kobe hit a three and they acted like it was the best thing they've ever seen. Predictable and ridiculous.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 01:49 AM
The calls in that Suns/Spurs series were bad on both sides. When a Phoenix Suns fan comes up with the video, of course it's only going to show those that work in their favor. Your whole "League wants Spurs to win" argument is futile. Stern himself admits that the Spurs winning the title does nothing for his bankbook. Small market teams winning hurts him financial-wise. And everyone was calling SA boring at that time, so he wasn't doing it for the fans. Tell me..why would Stern want SA to win? Please, tell me. I'd love to hear it. Now, Phoenix had more flair, is a much larger market, and scored over 100 points a game. Would have gotten more people to watch. So why would Stern want SA to beat them in that series so bad that he would actually convince the officials to swing the calls in SA's favor. Bottom line, the officiating was HORRIBLE in that series...on both sides.

This proves my point. There ain't no conspiracy or rigging. The videos look compelling until you realize that's 4-5 plays out of 100 plays.

I DON'T believe the Laker championships were rigged. I DON'T believe the Spurs championships were rigged.

If there was a conspiracy, why would the boring ass Spurs win 4 championships? The NBA had reasons to rig an NBA 2004 Finals...but instead, the boring ass Pistons beat a possible 4-peat Laker game.

Prior to 2007, the Lakers were the laughingstock of the NBA. The Celtics went 22 years of drought. Why didn't the NBA rig some rings for them in those years?

The conspiracy theorists say the Kings were screwed in Game 6. But of course they don't mention all the favorable calls the Kings got in Game 5. They shot a ton more FTs than the Lakers in Game 5 without even having a dominant Center. What's even funnier is in that King's Game 5 video, you clearly see CWebb pushing Fisher on Bibby's game-winning shot. Kings wouldn't have won that game if the foul was called.

Truth is, the Lakers ARE the team that gets the most calls in the league..everyone knows that. Kobe gets more no calls than anyone in league history. I've seen him smack people (ie Mike Bibby) and get away with smacking people enough to where it makes me sick.

Players play Kobe tight and try to body him up. That leads to getting smacked. Bibby/Raja Bell were notorious for bodying up on Kobe, they got smacked quite often.

Vujacic gets hit in the face ALL the time, I don't complain about the hits, it's the way that he plays that gets him hit.

He travels almost as much as Lebron (with no calls), and the NBA builds him up like a God. I've seen Matt Bonner go down and hit back to back threes while the NBA acts like it's no big deal. Meanwhile, after that, Kobe hit a three and they acted like it was the best thing they've ever seen. Predictable and ridiculous.

Kobe travelling is a perception, not a reality. Even LeBron, who is a well known taveller doesn't really travel that often. The guys who travel the most in the NBA are the Centers/Power Forwards...pretty much everytime they initiate their dribble in the post.

Kobe is good because he can hit shots when they really matter. Guys like Bonner can shoot when the game isn't on the line. I can't remember the last time Bonner completed a game-winning shot. This is why a guy like Mason is so much more of an assassin than a guy like Bonner.

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 01:53 AM
"boring ass spurs"
a bit off topic but doesnt ass mean a donkey in the dictionary?

umm kobe travels, its not a perception, lebron travels a shitload too. all superstars do it way to much, is it that hard to not travel, I see Year 9 students at my school go through games with hardly any travels, these are supposed to be pro's

Allanon
03-18-2009, 01:54 AM
"boring ass spurs"
a bit off topic but doesnt ass mean a donkey in the dictionary?

Just a figure of speech, similar to "boring as hell"...how the hell do we know hell is boring?

umm kobe travels, its not a perception, lebron travels a shitload too. all superstars do it way to much, is it that hard to not travel, I see Year 9 students at my school go through games with hardly any travels, these are supposed to be pro's

The travel rules have changed. The ambiguous "bunny hop" rule allows for calling a travel in the old sense but not in the current NBA.

This was why there was such an uproar in the Olympics because the NBA players can be called for a travel on EVERY play according to international/old school travelling rules. This extends beyond just Kobe/LeBron/Wade...it happens with almost every guard/athletic player that uses the bunny hop liberally.

Your own Manu Ginobili has adapted well to the NBA and uses bunny hops and 2-steps very liberally.

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 01:59 AM
so i'm right, its not a perception as you say.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 02:02 AM
so i'm right, its not a perception as you say.

It depends. If you're going to apply that same travel rule on Kobe as every other guard in the NBA, then it is perception.

IF you're gonna say Kobe travels alot, that would also mean that most of the NBA guards travel. And if most of the NBA guards are travelling, then Kobe doesn't really stick out as travelling alot.

If you want to blame it on something, blame it on the rules.

Look at this video...is this travelling?

pYa5u-lPS8c

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 02:08 AM
I dont think you know the definition of perception

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 02:09 AM
bad luck today vs PHI

Allanon
03-18-2009, 02:09 AM
I dont think you know the definition of perception

People perceive that Kobe travels because they do not understand the travelling rules.

Is this a travel?
pYa5u-lPS8c

Allanon
03-18-2009, 02:11 AM
bad luck today vs PHI

That wasn't bad luck, the Lakers sucked, plain and simple.

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 02:12 AM
how so?

Allanon
03-18-2009, 02:15 AM
The Lakers gave up their leads. Philly simpy outplayed the Lakers late in the 3rd into the 4th. Lakers had 15 and 12 point leads but couldn't hold on.

On the final 3 point shot/game winner, Igoudala made that shot with all the space in the world. A 2 pointer would have just tied the game but Ariza dared AI to shoot a 3...stupid move.

Ariza also boneheaded and didn't foul him (Lakers had a foul to give) and the shot went in. Gotta give props to the Sixers for taking care of business while the Lakers collapsed.

braeden0613
03-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Wow I get angry every time I watch the highlights of this game. The Lakers fans can't accept something was wrong here because it cheapens their title, which all of us spurs fans can understand (remember the asterisk). Regardless, almost every non-laker fan can accept that something was fishy about this game. I tend to believe it was a lone referee---not some vast NBA conspiracy, but that is just a guess.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Wow I get angry every time I watch the highlights of this game. The Lakers fans can't accept something was wrong here because it cheapens their title, which all of us spurs fans can understand (remember the asterisk). Regardless, almost every non-laker fan can accept that something was fishy about this game. I tend to believe it was a lone referee---not some vast NBA conspiracy, but that is just a guess.

I can buy the Laker homerism in not accepting it. However, at the same time, did Donaghy give the Spurs the Suns series?

Does this game make you "angry every time" you watch the highlights? Was this game "fishy"?

fvkKdXLwt0U

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 02:18 AM
wow off topic

Spursfan092120
03-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Kobe travelling is a perception, not a reality. Even LeBron, who is a well known taveller doesn't really travel that often. The guys who travel the most in the NBA are the Centers/Power Forwards...pretty much everytime they initiate their dribble in the post.

Kobe is good because he can hit shots when they really matter. Guys like Bonner can shoot when the game isn't on the line. I can't remember the last time Bonner completed a game-winning shot. This is why a guy like Mason is so much more of an assassin than a guy like Bonner.

http://www.aeropause.com/archives/wtf-cat.jpg

Perception?

Kobe
aC-NI1qJlvE

And Lebron is REALLY bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHGmgZkdK8A&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLFZIFIV8i0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di32bEogZpw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH73R9GIbXg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbM6uuCt74&feature=related
and the infamous Crab Dribble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYhSfki2z1U&feature=related

Allanon
03-18-2009, 03:12 AM
aC-NI1qJlvE

Perception?

Just, rewatched it. Yes it's a travel, he changed his pivot foot.

Kobe's had by far worse travels...just like any NBA player. Heck, I still remember Manu picking up the ball from the 3point line for a dunk on the Sixers. He covered 20 feet with just one dribble. Manu not only got the points but made the highlight reel.

Trainwreck2100
03-18-2009, 03:16 AM
I can buy the Laker homerism in not accepting it. However, at the same time, did Donaghy give the Spurs the Suns series?

Does this game make you "angry every time" you watch the highlights? Was this game "fishy"?

Donaghy's "crew" wasn't in on it, only he was caught cheating, and this game wasn't one listed as one of the ones he rigged

Allanon
03-18-2009, 03:19 AM
Donaghy's "crew" wasn't in on it, only he was caught cheating, and this game wasn't one listed as one of the ones he rigged

Donaghy's a liar and not really a guy that can be trusted. Why would he list all the games he's rigged...it would only add to his sentence and fine.

I mean you saw the video, he gave a call to Manu from half-court on a play that happened under the basket...2-3 seconds after the play ended.

Trainwreck2100
03-18-2009, 03:24 AM
Donaghy's a liar...why would he list all the games he's rigged...it would only add to his sentence.

I mean you saw the video, he made a call from half-court on a play that happened under the basket.

you know what else would add to his sentence..............lying. You don't think full disclosure was part of his plea agreement. You're right though he's the only ref that has ever made a call while being nowhere near the play, every other time the ref closest to the play has made the call except for that one time.

TheSpursFNRule
03-18-2009, 03:27 AM
Kobe Bryant gets away with everything on defense you Laker fans are in such fucking denial. You didn't deserve this championship. I love some of the things Bill Walton is saying "Well Chris Webber gets a clean block I don't really see the foul there except Kobe Bryant jumping into the defender" another classic is when Shaq rips Vlades arm from him when Vlade is attempting a layup and Bill Walton says "Thats a foul, I mean if your not gonna call that whats the point of even having a ball game" and its so true. Bill Walton realized it. Laker fans need to realize it. Your all a bunch of front running pussies who have had everything handed to you from Phil Jackson to Pau Gasol. Your team gets away with murder. Enjoy front running for years faggots.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 03:27 AM
you know what else would add to his sentence..............lying. You don't think full disclosure was part of his plea agreement. You're right though he's the only ref that has ever made a call while being nowhere near the play, every other time the ref closest to the play has made the call except for that one time.

Criminals lie all the time. Even in their plea bargains. Even guys on death row carry their lies to their graves.

Donaghy also said it wasn't just him and that the NBA was rigged. Stern came out and said he was a "Rogue". Who's lieing here.

You can't trust a liar. And the fact is, Donaghy's been a ref since 1994. We'll never know how many games & championships were tainted. But it would be very odd that he would only taint Laker games.

Bulls? Spurs? Lakers? Pistons?

kobyz
03-18-2009, 03:31 AM
http://www.aeropause.com/archives/wtf-cat.jpg

Perception?

Kobe
aC-NI1qJlvE

the officiate in this series was so bad in favor of the Lakers and against the Spurs - this no call, the offensive foul that Bryant made on Bowen at the end of game 1, the Fisher foul and alot of bad little calls that went against us, i feel bad about this serirs because of the officiate, with a fair officiate i think we would won this series.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Kobe Bryant gets away with everything on defense you Laker fans are in such fucking denial. You didn't deserve this championship.

As does Bowen.

I love some of the things Bill Walton is saying "Well Chris Webber gets a clean block I don't really see the foul there except Kobe Bryant jumping into the defender" another classic is when Shaq rips Vlades arm from him when Vlade is attempting a layup and Bill Walton says "Thats a foul, I mean if your not gonna call that whats the point of even having a ball game" and its so true. Bill Walton realized it. Laker fans need to realize it. Your all a bunch of front running pussies who have had everything handed to you from Phil Jackson to Pau Gasol. Your team gets away with murder. Enjoy front running for years faggots.

The comments are pretty classic in the Suns/Spurs game as well.

"Tim Donaghy calls the foul....from Mid-court"
"I don't see the foul, looks like Tim shot his hip out"
"That's a foul!! Duncan hit Amare"
"Wow, Bowen kneed Nash in the groin".

poop
03-18-2009, 07:11 AM
just watched the vids, man that was some shitty reffing. even the announcers were questioning the calls.
'4th Quarter FT attempts: Sac-9 LA-25' hahahahaha
i forgot how good that kings team was, nobody today passes it like they did.

Mark in Austin
03-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Jesus Christ, Spurs Fans. I'm calling you out.

Seriously, I have never seen as much crying over spilt milk on this board before. News flash:

Stars get calls. Kobe and Shaq got calls. So did MJ. So what? That doesn't prove a conspiracy. The Spurs have 4 rings. Let me say that again - small market blue collar working class San Antonio that the NBA would rather didn't exist HAS 4 RINGS. If everything is fixed, no way does San Antonio wins 4 championships - especially the game 7 in 2005.

Face it: Life is good for Spurs fans. Why should we give a flying fuck about what calls LA does or doesn't get? Seriously. LA has tons of fans that are bandwagoning douchebags. Phil Jackson is an arrogant asshole. The Gasol trade was bullshit. None of this shit is news.

Sean Elliott once said to win a title, a team has to be good enough to beat the other 8 people on the court - 5 players and 3 refs. If your team isn't that good, then it's a toss up and you're leaving it to luck.

Take a lesson from a Spurs player - and instead of whining about LA, maybe, just maybe try growing a pair and making some noise at the At&T center. Pride is not about complaining about how unfair the league is favoring the Lakers. Fuck LA. Have enough pride to at least drown out the MVP chants for Kobe ON OUR FUCKING COURT.

Real Spurs fans step up, they don't complain about how unfair shit is.

ambchang
03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Ah ... the great art of diverting attention from main subject by pulling other teams into the fray.

Trainwreck2100
03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Jesus Christ, Spurs Fans. I'm calling you out.

Seriously, I have never seen as much crying over spilt milk on this board before. News flash:

Stars get calls. Kobe and Shaq got calls. So did MJ. So what? That doesn't prove a conspiracy. The Spurs have 4 rings. Let me say that again - small market blue collar working class San Antonio that the NBA would rather didn't exist HAS 4 RINGS. If everything is fixed, no way does San Antonio wins 4 championships - especially the game 7 in 2005.

Face it: Life is good for Spurs fans. Why should we give a flying fuck about what calls LA does or doesn't get? Seriously. LA has tons of fans that are bandwagoning douchebags. Phil Jackson is an arrogant asshole. The Gasol trade was bullshit. None of this shit is news.

Sean Elliott once said to win a title, a team has to be good enough to beat the other 8 people on the court - 5 players and 3 refs. If your team isn't that good, then it's a toss up and you're leaving it to luck.

Take a lesson from a Spurs player - and instead of whining about LA, maybe, just maybe try growing a pair and making some noise at the At&T center. Pride is not about complaining about how unfair the league is favoring the Lakers. Fuck LA. Have enough pride to at least drown out the MVP chants for Kobe ON OUR FUCKING COURT.

Real Spurs fans step up, they don't complain about how unfair shit is.

FOUR RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lobt2:

xtremesteven33
03-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Lakers are rigged because they are Americas most watched team....

Spurs are rigged because they are the Worlds most watched team....

makes sense now....

braeden0613
03-18-2009, 12:59 PM

fvkKdXLwt0U
No, not really. This game was not as bad as the Lakers-Kings even by a long shot. Still---as a Spurs fan I would probably block it out of my memory like Lakerfan does the whole Lakers-Kings series.

poop
03-18-2009, 01:54 PM
obviously not EVERYTHING is fixed. they arent controlling everything all the time. BUT...
every so often the league does deem it necessary to give a certain side 'a little help'. this i think is undisputable. for example they do not 'fix' an entire game of us vs. lakers, but certain pressure makes them a bit inclined to swallow the whistle in key situations in order to give the lakers a little nudge. after the '05 finals they did NOT want a rematch between the two teams again (and they were favorites once again) it was clear they gave Dallas a little help in getting rid of the spurs, just as they helped Miami off detroit, then helped DWhistle off Dallas.

also explain how LA and Boston both became powerhouses from one year to the next and both make the Finals without 'a little help' (Gasol give away).

the WHOLE THING is certainly not 'fixed'. but the powers that be also CERTAINLY do 'give a little help' here and there when they want a certain team to succeed, or one to lose.

the only whole game/series i know of that was entirely fixed was the '02 LA-SAC series (which they admitted to) and the '06 SA-Dallas series.

Galileo
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Donaghy's a liar and not really a guy that can be trusted. Why would he list all the games he's rigged...it would only add to his sentence and fine.

I mean you saw the video, he gave a call to Manu from half-court on a play that happened under the basket...2-3 seconds after the play ended.

What's your evidence?

Donaghy is more reliable than Stern or Delaney.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 05:59 PM
What's your evidence?

Donaghy is more reliable than Stern or Delaney.

Evidence? Right here. Look at the "foul" on Manu. The guy who called it was Donaghy ... at mid-court ... with no view of the play.

Who fouled Manu?
fvkKdXLwt0U

You Spurs fans are saying the Kings/Lakers fouls were worse than the Suns/Spurs game. Show me which ones were "worse".

For every bad call in the Lakers games, I can find you an equally bad call in the Suns/Spurs video.

Like I said, Donaghy ref'ed many games since 1994. The Lakers had 3 championships, the Spurs had 4.

If you're gonna feel sad for the Kings and their players, you should also feel bad for the Suns and their players.

If you're gonna say "the fix was on", let's not be biased and pretend that it was only the Lakers. With 7 rings between both teams, we can't call out "the fix" without questioning our own team's success. I can see this thread on a Kings forum or a Suns forum but on a Spurs forum?

Or you can stop whining about how the refs are out to get you and take wins/losses like a man. It's like after every loss here on ST, "oh we lost this game because of the refs".

Teams win and lose, refs are human and they will make bad calls.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM
No, not really. This game was not as bad as the Lakers-Kings even by a long shot. Still---as a Spurs fan I would probably block it out of my memory like Lakerfan does the whole Lakers-Kings series.

Not as bad as Lakers-Kings even by a long shot? What kind of homerism is this?

Which fouls in the Laker video are so bad? Tell me the time they occur and I'll review them and post screenshots.

manufor3
03-18-2009, 06:23 PM
allanon is going into denial...

Allanon
03-18-2009, 06:27 PM
allanon is going into denial...

If this is true, I obviously have company :lol

DPG21920
03-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I am not fully buying into the rigging thing, but Allanon aren't you ingnoring something very obvious. What good does it do the league to cheat for the Spurs? The incentive to cheat for the Lakers is clearly much more evident, no?

Allanon
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
obviously not EVERYTHING is fixed. they arent controlling everything all the time. BUT...
every so often the league does deem it necessary to give a certain side 'a little help'. this i think is undisputable. for example they do not 'fix' an entire game of us vs. lakers, but certain pressure makes them a bit inclined to swallow the whistle in key situations in order to give the lakers a little nudge. after the '05 finals they did NOT want a rematch between the two teams again (and they were favorites once again) it was clear they gave Dallas a little help in getting rid of the spurs, just as they helped Miami off detroit, then helped DWhistle off Dallas.

Of course again, all of the Spurs championships were honest but everybody else was fixed.

also explain how LA and Boston both became powerhouses from one year to the next and both make the Finals without 'a little help' (Gasol give away).

Marc Gasol is almost as talented as Pau. The Grizz are rebuilding, in 3 years, Marc Gasol will be a better player than Pau Gasol. Grizz had no reason to pay Star money during their rebuilding.

the only whole game/series i know of that was entirely fixed was the '02 LA-SAC series (which they admitted to) and the '06 SA-Dallas series.

Proof?

03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Not as bad as Lakers-Kings even by a long shot? What kind of homerism is this?

Which fouls in the Laker video are so bad? Tell me the time they occur and I'll review them and post screenshots.

first video, 1:36, bibby's "foul" on bryant. the problem with nba officiating is that calls can usually go both way. it's just questionable that all the calls went the lakers' way. obviously if the refs wanted to fix the game, they wouldn't call blatant ones. looks like they slipped up on this one, there was no contact at all by bibby.

and marc gasol is not as good as pau gasol. pau gasol is a proven all star, grizzlies will be lucky if marc ever makes an all star team. marc has been playing pro basketball for years and yet he's not even the best bigman rookie. even the nets were smart enough to ask for bynum when shopping kidd, who sucks even more than pau.

03-18-2009, 06:58 PM
so part 2 of the videos at the 4:05 mark, there is an undeniably foul by fisher on bibby. then a questionable call on the kings when kobe ran the fast break. even the commentators say bibby was fouled and did not see kobe fouled when he ran the fast break.

bibby needs get his ass on the spurs next year and get his revenge on the lakers. wallace too.

also this one too allanon.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 08:26 PM
I am not fully buying into the rigging thing, but Allanon aren't you ingnoring something very obvious. What good does it do the league to cheat for the Spurs? The incentive to cheat for the Lakers is clearly much more evident, no?

I think that is the quandry in itself. If the league is going to cheat for the Lakers and not the Spurs, why not cheat for the Celtics & Knicks. The Knicks and Celtics are larger markets than the Lakers. Yet, the Celtics were in hell for 22 years. The Knicks have been in hell since the 90s. The Lakers were irrelevant for years after Shaq.

If you're going to cheat, why stop at the Lakers? And if you're gonna cheat, why even allow small market teams like the Spurs to win multiple championships while large market teams are hurting.

If you're gonna say the Lakers were rigged, we can't leave out the other winners in the same timespan. That's too one-sided.

My point is there is no rigging/cheating going on. Bad calls are a result of human error. Not only in the NBA but the NFL, the MLB, etc. There is no grand conspiracy going on. I mean seriously, this is a muli-billion dollar industry, the owners aren't going to sit still and let the NBA rig the games in favor of 1 team.

Even shitty team owners like the Clippers have invested hundreds of millions in their team. They ain't going to let Stern cheat them so blatantly. Seriously, if you were a team owner losing millions with your crappy team, would you sit idly by while the refs "give" games to the Lakers?

Team owners, players, gms, whatever, all know that calls go both ways. Only fans think there's some grand conspiracy to keep only the Lakers at the top.

Allanon
03-18-2009, 08:32 PM
also this one too allanon.

Let's say those are 3 blatant bad calls/mis-calls in the game. In the Suns/Spurs video, there are at least 4 blatantly bad calls/mis-calls and all went in favor of the Spurs. If Kobe should have been suspended for elbowing Kobe, then Bowen should have been suspended for kneeing Nash in the Nuts.

And in both games you can hear the announcers wondering about the call, not just the Laker/Kings game.

Let's look at it objectively and not just say the Lakers are the only ones getting calls in their favor.

I'm not saying the games were rigged, I'm denying the people who say the calls were worse in either of the two games.

xtremesteven33
03-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Let's say those are 3 blatant bad calls/mis-calls in the game. In the Suns/Spurs video, there are at least 4 blatantly bad calls/mis-calls and all went in favor of the Spurs. If Kobe should have been suspended for elbowing Kobe, then Bowen should have been suspended for kneeing Nash in the Nuts.

And in both games you can hear the announcers wondering about the call, not just the Laker/Kings game.

Let's look at it objectively and not just say the Lakers are the only ones getting calls in their favor.

I'm not saying the games were rigged, I'm denying the people who say the calls were worse in either of the two games.

Spurs/Suns was a Donaghy agenda
Lakers/Kings was a NBA agenda

barbacoataco
03-18-2009, 09:54 PM
The Lakers shot 20+ FT's in the 4th quarter which is ridiculous. But Shaq was impossible to guard without fouling. Part of the issue is whether you see Shaq's moves as an offensive foul, or a blocking foul. If you're a Lakers fan, its a blocking foul. If you're not a Lakers fan, he's pushing off with his shoulder and its an offensive foul. What's funny is that later in his career they started calling that move as an offensive foul more.

lefty
03-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Just, rewatched it. Yes it's a travel, he changed his pivot foot.

Kobe's had by far worse travels...just like any NBA player. Heck, I still remember Manu picking up the ball from the 3point line for a dunk on the Sixers. He covered 20 feet with just one dribble. Manu not only got the points but made the highlight reel.

He is Manu Ginobili

Hooks
03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Allanon do you remember the illegal screens the Celtics were allowed to get away with in the NBA finals? Still think the NBA isn't fixed?

These are RIGHT in front of the refs as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbB731KpKuw

The NBA is fixed, and it's so damn obvious. Oh and I found it funny that you tried to defend Lebron on traveling. He is the worst traveler in the NBA, he does it all of the time I've seen tons of videos on youtube about it, but since his name is Lebron they're not going to call it. Shit, I've even seen in a COMMERCIAL, not a game but a Nike commercial where he travels LMAO (It is somewhere on youtube)! He gets away with so many travels it's not even funny.

Dwayne Wade and the heat were getting a lot of bs calls as well when they were playing the Mavs in the finals, Wade had 24 FT attempts in that controversial game 5. You telling me those are all legit?

The only time I have seen the Spurs benefit from any calls in the playoffs was against the Suns, and that is it. We've been screwed over so many times, the Derek Fisher shot which almost everybody knows is practically impossible, The play where Fisher jumped in to Barry in which the Spurs' nemesis (Crawford) was reffing and saw the play right in front of his eyes yet didn't make a call, the year where they made Dirk Nowitzki impossible to guard (The year the mavs went to the finals) ETC.

Are you telling me all of these bullshit calls are just honest mistakes? Even when people have admitted to fixing games?

Maybe the nba should get new refs, no? Man, they should hire ME! I could make those calls and I've only been watching basketball for 9 years, these guys have been refs for years and years and years!!! People say, "Well the refs are human so they do make mistakes." Fair, but these aren't mistakes. These are professionals who are experts on what is and isn't a foul and the rules of the game and they're making these simple "mistakes"?

manufor3
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
the nba is not enitrely fixed. every sport is going to be fixed oneway or another. its harder to tell in baseball because there are no penalties.

Gervin44Silas13
03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Those Laker Championships are fixed just like the Bulls titles were!

ambchang
03-27-2009, 02:07 PM

I think you meant Kobe elbowing Bibby.
The funny thing is, Bowen was called for a foul by kneeing Nash in the nuts. Bibby was called for the foul for being elbowed in the face.

The elbow probably wasn't a suspendable offense, but I remember watching that game and couldn't believe a foul was being called on Bibby.

Morg1411
03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I think you meant Kobe elbowing Bibby.
The funny thing is, Bowen was called for a foul by kneeing Nash in the nuts. Bibby was called for the foul for being elbowed in the face.

The elbow probably wasn't a suspendable offense, but I remember watching that game and couldn't believe a foul was being called on Bibby.

Poor Bibby and his face. First Kobe, and just two nights ago Bonner was pounding on him. :ihit

manufor3
04-05-2009, 08:57 PM
good video:

VhlGYvIMPgQ

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2009, 11:56 PM
good video:

VhlGYvIMPgQ

:lol :wow talk about losing perspective

that video is so well made, it makes you want to have David Stern hanged for war crimes....

and to add insult to injury 7 years later, Lakers are back fully loaded , young and healthy positioned to go to the finals all thanks to Stern.