PDA

View Full Version : Launch of "Mavs Fail" Campaign

sribb43
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
How desperate is this Sun's fan blog that he wants the Suns to get the 8th seed?

http://phoenix.fanster.com/suns/2009/03/16/launch-of-the-mavericks-fail-campaign/

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
These pathetic fucks are the reason people are just now starting to figure out how crappy an owner Sarver is.

Findog
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Does anybody know how the Spurs did tonight?

ElNono
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Does anybody know how the Spurs did tonight?

SAS 76 - OKC 78 :pctoss

Findog
03-16-2009, 10:03 PM

Thanks, man.

Ghazi
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
lol "only" 6 games back of the 4 seed.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
If the Suns do get the 8 seed it'll be a special type of pathetic when everyone gets extremely excited that they're about to get pummeled by the Lakers.

Xylus
03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I'd much, much, much rather get into the playoffs than not. Anyone who thinks getting a few spots higher in this year's draft is going to make a difference is fooling themselves.

So yes, fail Mavs. Fail hard. Please.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I'd much, much, much rather get into the playoffs than not. Anyone who thinks getting a few spots higher in this year's draft is going to make a difference is fooling themselves.

All I know is the Suns will have more to show for a lottery pick than they will for a first round exit.

dirk4mvp
03-16-2009, 10:29 PM

Don't know why you're mad. That wasn't really an upset.

Xylus
03-16-2009, 10:32 PM
All I know is the Suns will have more to show for a lottery pick than they will for a first round exit.

I think you're wrong. And there's no way to say it'll be a first-round exit. That's why they play the games, right?

Rogue
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I think those guys who hope for "mavs fail" are more of spurs fans than suns fans.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I think you're wrong. And there's no way to say it'll be a first-round exit. That's why they play the games, right?

Yes, there is a way to say it'll be a first round exit, because the Suns have proven this year they aren't a team capable of locking in and focusing. This is based off a 6 game losing streak during a crucial stretch run.

Xylus
03-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Yes, there is a way to say it'll be a first round exit, because the Suns have proven this year they aren't a team capable of locking in and focusing. This is based off a 6 game losing streak during a crucial stretch run.

The Lakers aren't without fault. Their bench is weak right now, Bynum will have poor conditioning if he even comes back this season, and the Suns could have some success if they push the tempo. No one would have guessed that the Hawks would take the Celtics to 7 last season, but it happened.

I know you've jumped off the bridge already and can't be convinced, but basketball isn't mathematics.

Findog
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM

The SloppySeconds were just beating at team they were supposed to beat, no surprises there. Move along, nothing to see...

cobbler
03-16-2009, 10:45 PM
If the Suns do get the 8 seed it'll be a special type of pathetic when everyone gets extremely excited that they're about to get pummeled by the Lakers.

I for one am rooting for the Suns to make it and would be extermely excited to shove that cocky ass bullshit they were spewing in 2006 and 2007 when they were the 2 seed to the Lakers 7th. All the we are eying the prize and you are going nowhere crap is so ironic just 2 years later as the Suns are eying ping pong balls as the Lakers are set to contend for many years.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
I for one am rooting for the Suns to make it and would be extermely excited to shove that cocky ass bullshit they were spewing in 2006 and 2007 when they were the 2 seed to the Lakers 7th. All the we are eying the prize and you are going nowhere crap is so ironic just 2 years later as the Suns are eying ping pong balls as the Lakers are set to contend for many years.

I really don't think we were spewing any crap.....it's only LA fans that troll message boards whenever they're team is good....I know you might find that hard to believe given you fun you find trolling.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Btw I think it's hilarious you think Suns fans aren't allowed to be cocky when they're team is good but when LA is good their fans are 100x as cocky.

pauls931
03-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Btw I think it's hilarious you think Suns fans aren't allowed to be cocky when they're team is good but when LA is good their fans are 100x as cocky.

OMG I agree again!

cobbler
03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
The Lakers aren't without fault. Their bench is weak right now, Bynum will have poor conditioning if he even comes back this season, and the Suns could have some success if they push the tempo. No one would have guessed that the Hawks would take the Celtics to 7 last season, but it happened.

I know you've jumped off the bridge already and can't be convinced, but basketball isn't mathematics.

Gotta love your faith... as sad and misplaced as it is.

And actually math can be used. Only 3 teams have won the series in the history of the NBA from the 8th seed and 2 of them were in the best of 5 game format. Only the Mavs have chocked in the 7 games series format. If anyone bothered to take the time to find out how many series there have been over the history of the NBA you could statistically come up with a percentage that I am confident is very close to 0.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 10:55 PM
OMG I agree again!

It's a double standard....LA fans are like Catholic Priests who molest 12 year olds.....they constantly talk about other fan bases that supposedly troll, even though LA fans are by far the worst trolls and it's not even a competition, and use that as the reason they troll.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Only the Mavs have chocked in the 7 games series format.

They chocked? Wtf does it mean to chock? Is this South Central code language or something?

West side!!!

cobbler
03-16-2009, 10:58 PM

Where did I post that I don't think they or you are allowed? Don't put words in my mouth. I said it will be good to give it back. ....and it will.

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I am more obnoxious when my teams suck. Now, I just walk away when people diss the Lakers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Where did I post that I don't think they or you are allowed? Don't put words in my mouth. I said it will be good to give it back. ....and it will.

Whatever 'tard, the post sure as hell had a tone that Phoenix fans aren't allowed to be cocky.....I know you're going to deny that but anyone with half a brain knows that was an implied opinion in that post.

cobbler
03-16-2009, 11:01 PM
They chocked? Wtf does it mean to chock? Is this South Central code language or something?

West side!!!

Choked... Thanks for pointing out my spelling error and somehow making it racial. Just for your information since you always resort to those tactics, I live in Huntington Beach.

....and since you have so much fun pointing out a grammatical error. Care to explain the "given you fun you find" comment? :lmao:lmao:lmao

I really don't think we were spewing any crap.....it's only LA fans that troll message boards whenever they're team is good....I know you might find that hard to believe given you fun you find trolling.

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 11:03 PM
HB is where the rich people live.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I am more obnoxious when my teams suck. Now, I just walk away when people diss the Lakers.

That's cause you're a real fan. People like Cobbler (who based on his post count didn't post here prior to the Gasol trade big surprise) who can't do anything on message boards other than talk shit don't have anything to contribute when their team sucks.

Findog
03-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Looking at the Mavs remaining schedule, the best-case scenario is 11-4. I see four likely losses:

@ Atlanta
@ Indiana (b2b, 3rd in 4th nights)
@ Cleveland
@ New Orleans

As it stands currently, they are 2 back in the loss column from 3rd seed Houston with about 15 to play. If they go 11-4, then the Rockets would need to go 8-7 for Dallas to catch them. I think it's more likely Dallas goes 9-6, as befitting their current win percentage, and finishing 7th or 8th.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Choked... Thanks for pointing out my spelling error and somehow making it racial. Just for your information since you always resort to those tactics, I live in Huntington Beach.

....and since you have so much fun pointing out a grammatical error. Cna you explain the "given you fun you find" comment? :lmao:lmao:lmao

LOL, I said that just cause I knew you'd bring race into it, please point out where I said anything about race.

And I'll explain that the day you explain why you only joined this site after the Gasol trade.

cobbler
03-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Whatever 'tard, the post sure as hell had a tone that Phoenix fans aren't allowed to be cocky.....I know you're going to deny that but anyone with half a brain knows that was an implied opinion in that post.

Then you would certainly know!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:08 PM
cobbler, I understand why you hate Shaq so much, you realized he hates you when he said the one thing he hates more than anything is a front runner. Given your join date on this site, you're nothing more than a front runner.

Now it makes so much sense why front runner LA fans hate Shaq so much.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:11 PM

fuckin pussy. Man what balls you have, joining right after LA went up 2-0 on SA in the series.

Findog
03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
If we're eighth, we get swept by the Lakers. If we get the seventh seed, the Spurs beat us 4-2. The Mavs met the Lakers three times in the playoffs during the Showtime Era, and lost all three times, with their best showing coming in the 88 Conference Finals, where they took the Lakers to a seventh game. After that, they fell into the darkness that was the lost decade of the nineties, and at one point the Lakers had beaten us something like 45 out of 50 possible meetings. We went 13 years without winning in LA (Great Western Forum/Staples Center). In the last 18 years, we've won a grand total of 3 games in LA against the Lakers. They have just historically raped us, and a meeting in the playoffs this year pretty much wouldn't be any different. The Mavs might win a single game against the Lakers in Dallas, but 4-1 is the best-case scenario against LA. That's not appealing.

The Spurs, on the other hand, offer a much better matchup for us and a puncher's chance of winning. The Spurs have always had trouble guarding Dirk and what's left of our 06 personnel means we still play the Spurs tough and get our share of wins. Bottom line, however, is that I think San Antonio is better now and would avenge 06, and a large part of me doesn't want the Spurs and their fanbase the psychic satisfaction of paying it back.

It's a tough call. I really think Dallas needs to bust like hell for the sixth seed.

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Fin, but if you meet SA, you'd have to deal with an entire Summer of them gloating(Assuming they win, since they'd be favored)

cobbler
03-16-2009, 11:15 PM
LOL, I said that just cause I knew you'd bring race into it, please point out where I said anything about race.

And I'll explain that the day you explain why you only joined this site after the Gasol trade.

Because you have several times brought up south central and compton when refering to my comments implying that someone from a prodominately black neighbothood doesn't have the intelligence than others from different locals.

And there is no need to explain why I joined. I will tell you. I replied to a post on a Laker board that came from here. I also, if you have read my posts from back then, have a lot of respect for the Spurs. I like the rivalry. I like the bantar between fans. Just as I would like to give it back to the Suns fans as I stated earlier. Just because you got your panties in a wad and infered incorrectly that I stated Suns fans had no right to talk shit... it doesn't make it reality anywhere but in your pea brain. Go figure.

aka_USAPA
03-16-2009, 11:16 PM

I don't think that it will make a difference if the Mavs fail because the Suns can't hold serve.

How's that Shaq trade working out? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I like the rivalry.

:lol Only when the Lakers are the better team I guess.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:18 PM

Considering the Suns were headed nowhere before the trade, it worked out just fine.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Because you have several times brought up south central and compton when refering to my comments implying that someone from a prodominately black neighbothood doesn't have the intelligence than others from different locals.

They in all likelihood have the intelligence to spell predominantly.

Findog
Fin, but if you meet SA, you'd have to deal with an entire Summer of them gloating(Assuming they win, since they'd be favored)

Yeah, right now, I'm leaning towards meeting the Lakers, because they're one of the three favorites for the title, and you can measure exactly how far you have to go and use it as a measuring stick. That's the only good thing about playing the Lakers.

Actually, here's how the Lakers series would play out - the Mavs would drop the first two in LA. One game would be a shit the bed blowout, and the other they'll give the Lakers a battle before wilting in the final moments of the fourth quarter like they always do. Dallas might get a referee-assisted victory in Game Three, in which case the Lakers get two more semi-close games to close out the series.

Xylus

Shaq's been great, thanks for asking.

aka_USAPA
03-16-2009, 11:21 PM

True. The Lakers don't really have anything to gloat if they beat the Mavs but fail to win it all again this year.

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Don't hate on Shaq. He is the only one trying anymore on that team.

cobbler
03-16-2009, 11:22 PM
They in all likelihood have the intelligence to spell predominantly.

Again, thank you for correcting my spelling error. Much appreciated!

IronMexican
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Plus, the Mavs can say they beat SA in 06 and that was the last time they met.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Again, thank you for correcting my spelling error. Much appreciated!

Anytime son

Findog

Right. If the Mavs were stronger and had a puncher's chance of taking out LA, I'd say bring on the Lake Show. What's funny is that the Mavs and Lakers usually play close games, but the Lakers always make the plays in the end when they need to and the Mavs manage to blow their chances. It's a Globetrotter/Generals kind of dynamic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

Yeah and the Suns can say they beat LA the last two times they met, and that doesn't mean shit.

Findog
03-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Yeah and the Suns can say they beat LA the last two times they met, and that doesn't mean shit.

It's an instance in which for once your franchise didn't take it in the pooper. You fought off your attackers in the shower after you dropped the soap and took the fight to them.

cobbler
03-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Considering the Suns were headed nowhere before the trade, it worked out just fine.

If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, I thought the Suns were a game or 2 ahead of the Lakers as the #1 team in the West at the time of the trade. Now they are #9 and a lottery team. Worked out GREAT!!!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:30 PM
It's an instance in which for once your franchise didn't take it in the pooper. You fought off your attackers in the shower after you dropped the soap and took the fight to them.

tru dat :toast

Fortunately the Lakers have never been their shower attackers, their shower attackers have always been the Spurs, and the closest they came to stopping them was when Dallas played the role of the prison guard from Shawshank redemption in 2006.

cobbler
03-16-2009, 11:30 PM

We finally agree! Kudos!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:32 PM
If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, I thought the Suns were a game or 2 ahead of the Lakers as the #1 team in the West at the time of the trade. Now they are #9 and a lottery team. Worked out GREAT!!!!!

Doesn't mean shit. They were getting destroyed by the top tier teams before the trade and were allowing career nights to the C and PF on every team they played. That record was the product of any easy pre-all star break schedule.

If I'm not mistaken, Bynum gave the Suns two assrapings prior to his injury and the Shaq trade last year.

Findog
03-16-2009, 11:34 PM

Fortunately the Lakers have never been their shower attackers, their shower attackers have always been the Spurs, and the closest they came to stopping them was when Dallas played the role of the prison guard from Shawshank redemption in 2006.

Yeah, that's so funny. It's the Lakers that have been our kryptonite.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:35 PM
If any Laker fan/Spurs fan says they actually thought the pre-Shaq trade Suns were a threat in 2008, you're either an idiot or your just lying for the sake of the Shaq trade was bad argument. The Suns were like 4-12 against the other 8 playoff contenders in the west prior to the Shaq trade.

Jeremy
03-16-2009, 11:36 PM

I'm with Xylus here.

Plus, it won't do any good to tank, anyway. If we don't make the playoffs, we're still going to be the best non-playoff team in the league, and there's not much we can do about that.

aka_USAPA
03-16-2009, 11:37 PM
The Suns are now hoping for the Mavs to fail in order for them to make it to the playoffs. How low can you go? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Plus, it won't do any good to tank, anyway. If we don't make the playoffs, we're still going to be the best non-playoff team in the league, and there's not much we can do about that.

Yeah I know, but I'd rather have the pick of a team that isn't the best non-playoff team.

cobbler
03-16-2009, 11:43 PM

You love calling people idiots and yet you don't even know the facts on your own team.

Since 1970 the Lakers have knocked the Suns out of the playoffs 6 times. The Spurs have taken them out 5 times. I guess your memory only goes back a few years. Regardless, I can't fault you there as most the current Suns fans blame the Spurs and/or Sterns and the ref conspiracies for their teams history of failures.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:47 PM
You love calling people idiots and yet you don't even know the facts on your own team.

Since 1970 the Lakers have knocked the Suns out of the playoffs 6 times. The Spurs have taken them out 5 times. I guess your memory only goes back a few years. Regardless, I can't fault you there as most the current Suns fans blame the Spurs and/or Sterns and the ref conspiricies for their teams history of failures.

Yes, I'm talking about recently. All time the Suns actually have a winning record against SA.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2009, 11:48 PM
I can't fault you there as most the current Suns fans blame the Spurs and/or Sterns and the ref conspiricies for their teams history of failures.

And don't assume I'm one of those people....I personally blame Steve Nash's vagina.

cobbler
03-16-2009, 11:52 PM
And don't assume I'm one of those people....I personally blame Steve Nash's vagina.

Then I applaud your honesty there because the conspiracy guys are just full of excuses.

Ghazi
03-17-2009, 12:09 AM
If Mavs go 12-3 or 11-4 they can get the 6th seed.

That'll require a notch up in the level though, as we are just a .600 basketball team.

But even avoiding the Spurs/Lakers, do we really wanna play a team like the Hornets or Rockets?

Paul is a nightmare for us and the Rockets play great defense, I guess I'd accept it as opposed to the Spurs and Lakers but meh.

The only team I'd really wanna play is the Blazers, but that's likely not happening.

I wouldn't mind the Nuggets, I know they're 3-0 v us this year but 2 of those games came down to the final minute and quite frankly a team whose best player is the pussy known as Carmelo Anthony simply doesn't seem that intimidating to me.

I really think the Jazz will get 8th on account of their brutal schedule. That is, unless they learn how to win road games v +.500 teams.

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2009, 12:17 AM

So you're saying suns fans deserve it because of the way they acted for two years, and somehow laker fans don't even though theyv'e been acting the same way the suns fans did

cobbler
03-17-2009, 01:47 AM
So you're saying suns fans deserve it because of the way they acted for two years, and somehow laker fans don't even though theyv'e been acting the same way the suns fans did

Never said Laker fans don't deserve it. And we took our fair share during the last 4-5 down years too. Isn't that what being fans is? It's all about the bantar and trash talking. What fun would it be if it wasn't.

Spursfan092120
03-17-2009, 01:53 AM
sure, douchey

dirk4mvp
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
:cry