PDA

View Full Version : Following my dream...

SA210
03-17-2009, 03:07 AM
I've had many obstacles in my life the past so many years. I'm only 29 but I grew up very fast, taking care of my sick mother and ill bed-ridden grandmother as a teenager working several jobs as well to put food on the table. I had a daughter at the age of 18 that I didn't plan on having, but when she was born, I fell in love, and she loves me more than anything in the world.

At the ages of 17-19, during all this I protested against the demolition of Victoria Courts and made them rebuild it, and that took many years to do. I've stayed pretty much involved since then in activism. I've met the wrong women who have taken advantage of me and have also hurt my daughter in the process, emotionally.

I've always had the dream to be a feature Film Writer and Director. I've written over the years and attended school. Through the obstacles of living life and being a single parent, I never actually made my first film.

I've made the decision to do what I want to do, now. :ihit

I'm almost finished writing a script that I will be shooting and Directing as my first indie film This year. It's a comedy called "Big Bosses". I love coming here to Spurstalk, and I just wanted to announce that I am going to live my dream and do it. I'll be trying to raise money for my film in the coming months, so if anyone is interested in helping in any manner, please let me know. Whether it's acting, film crew position, financial contribution, or maybe a location I can use for a scene, your help would be appreciated.

It's an indie picture, so basically low to no budget, but I'm gonna do it. I've made that decision. Whenever I have the screening, I'd like to invite my fellow Spurstalk members to go. Let's see what happens. I may just hold an Oscar one day.

:toast

timvp
03-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Props. Good luck :tu

MannyIsGod
03-17-2009, 04:12 AM
A girl in my government course last semester was largely into the local film scene. I know they did a lot of low budget stuff but they put out quality work in very small timeframes so I'm sure you'll find people around here (san antonio not nessecarily ST) willing to help.

GL man.

Slydragon
03-17-2009, 05:28 AM
I can try to act, but I'll end up acting a fool....which for a comedy could be a good thing.

TDMVPDPOY
03-17-2009, 05:51 AM
hey dude, follow ur dick and you know where they money is....adult industry movies... :D

Slomo
03-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Props.

I came to a similar realization many years back and it worked out better than I dared to hope.
I've been in film production since the age of 15 (although with the growth of my company I've neglected this over the past years). Unfortunately being on another continent I can't really help with equipment and/or services, but I'll gladly answer any technical question related to production and post-production.

Best of luck!

P.S. We do expect a shout out to ST when you'll go on stage to collect your first Oscar. It's a legally binding condition in the fine print of the forum's FAQ. :D

Dream Weaver
03-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Good luck and keep those dreams alive!

I. Hustle
03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Pm me I'll act for a credit. Yes I have some experience too so I'm not BS'ing

tlongII
03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
I might consider the lead role in this film. Feel free to contact my agent and good luck. :tu

Blake
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
If you want someone to proofread and clean up the script, 1% of gross profit is my fee.

ORION
03-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Cast me for the dude who is the biggest a-hole. I can play that part and I do not even have to get into character

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Best of luck to you and I wish you great success but just following your dream is a success. Keep us posted.

I'll be a stand in.

ploto
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Good luck.

SA210
03-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow, thanks everyone for the kind words and the encouragement. It really means alot to work all night last night on my script, go to bed late and wake up to read all this.

:lol at Slomo, of course I'll give Spurstalk a shoutout. I was thinking of also including a character in the film who chat's on Spurstalk, but with permission, of course. Who knows, if the movie takes off, that could be awesome. Slomo, I'm sure I'll have some questions, so I'll keep in touch and thanks for the help.

When the script is done, I'll let you guys know, so I can get it to anyone who wants to auditon or help.

:toast

Cast me for the dude who is the biggest a-hole. I can play that part and I do not even have to get into character

:lol We'll see what comes out of the script.

Spursmania
03-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Good Luck and keep following your dreams.

CubanMustGo
03-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Definitely wish you all the best. It seems like a tough business to break into.

Frenzy
03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
i wanna be an extra :)

Richard Cranium
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Good luck.

manustarting2gd
03-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Follow your dreams sir, no one is going to shape them for you. Manifest Destiny.

Best of luck to you. And I'll play any role, from lead to extra. Let me know when you hold auditions.

SA210
03-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I might consider the lead role in this film. Feel free to contact my agent and good luck. :tu

Are you a little person (midget) :lol

tlongII
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Are you a little person (midget) :lol

No, but I can play one.

CharlieMac
03-17-2009, 08:41 PM
That's really great to read. Good luck to you. All I know is literarture and editing because of work, but if I can help you in anyway let me know.

Avitus1
03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Good Luck, when the time comes I'll try to help out in some way.

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Good luck, man.

I envy. This is always something I wished I could've done.

leemajors
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I will sell you my script idea. Romantic comedy called "Roll With It" featuring the music of Steve Winwood.

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I will sell you my script idea. Romantic comedy called "Roll With It" featuring the music of Steve Winwood.

"Valerieeeeeeeeeee call me"

fraga
03-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Oooh...a comedy...I'd be down for a little comedy role...

Hey that's cool you're finally doing what you want to do...I've always had some ideas for some good movies...mainly scary ones...but I've never known how to go about getting it developed or where or who to send my ideas to...shoot..when you're done with this movie...maybe we can talk about my idea...I'll split the profits with you...cause I know it would be scary as sh!t...

SA210
03-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Oooh...a comedy...I'd be down for a little comedy role...

Hey that's cool you're finally doing what you want to do...I've always had some ideas for some good movies...mainly scary ones...but I've never known how to go about getting it developed or where or who to send my ideas to...shoot..when you're done with this movie...maybe we can talk about my idea...I'll split the profits with you...cause I know it would be scary as sh!t...

That would be cool. Thanks. I have maybe 3 horror films I want to do. My main thing is Drama, because that's probably where I'd win my Oscar, and Dramas really touch people, and that's what inspires me, to inspire others. But I'm very versatile, I write horror, comedy, action and dramas. I'm gonna do a couple documentaries too.

But I gotta take the baby steps first and get this One done. I'm doing the comedy 1st because it seems to be the cheapest one of my ideas to film, although I gotta find 2 talented little people for the lead roles who can act and be funny.

I hope to submit it into the next Sundance Film Festival. I pray! :lol

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement!

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Hornswoggle! :D

MoSpur
03-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Good for you. I hope everything turns out great.

Melmart1
03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Congrats on following your dream! I am a writer and though business writing pays the bills, I hope one day to do more creative writing and let that pay the bills instead, so I understand what a big step this is for you. There was recently a cover story in SA 210 magazine about the local filmmaking scene. It seems like it is really growing, so now is a fantastic time to step in. Good luck!

byrdman31
03-18-2009, 09:46 PM
if theres a love scene with a hot chick.. shotgun..

if not id do an extra... for a beer.

SA210
03-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Congrats on following your dream! I am a writer and though business writing pays the bills, I hope one day to do more creative writing and let that pay the bills instead, so I understand what a big step this is for you. There was recently a cover story in SA 210 magazine about the local filmmaking scene. It seems like it is really growing, so now is a fantastic time to step in. Good luck!

Thanks Melmart! I wish you the best with your writing too. I didn't see that magazine. Can I get it at Barnes?

Melmart1
03-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Thanks Melmart! I wish you the best with your writing too. I didn't see that magazine. Can I get it at Barnes?

I got my copy at Amy's. It's a free thing, much like the SA Current, and that issue was a few weeks ago, probably like a month. But here is the link to the story from their website:

http://www.210sa.com/content/view/5419/15/

More SA film stuff: http://www.210sa.com/content/view/5424/15/
http://www.210sa.com/content/view/5418/15/

SA210
03-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks!

SA210
03-19-2009, 02:17 PM
if theres a love scene with a hot chick.. shotgun..

if not id do an extra... for a beer.

The love scene is reserved for the midget, but I will need extras. :lol