PDA

View Full Version : Carl Landry was shot.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 08:52 AM
In the lower leg. Flesh wound. He is out of the hospital and should be alright, but will be out for who knows when. Said to be gang related. Fuck the shooter.

BUMP
03-17-2009, 08:53 AM
who?

Lars
03-17-2009, 08:55 AM
This is so fucking typical. Our sixth man of the year just got shot a month before the playoffs. FUCKING SHOT?! Are you kidding me.

Pelicans78
03-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Where did he get shot? Why was he out so late? The just arrived from New Orleans. This doesn't make any sense.

Rogue
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg/300px-AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg)
or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Super_Soaker_CPS4100.jpg/180px-Super_Soaker_CPS4100.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Super_Soaker_CPS4100.jpg)

Chieflion
Sucks. Good luck to him.

Def Rowe
03-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Glad it wasn't more serious.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 09:06 AM
it's just the basketball world setting up for another Rockets exit in the first round of the playoffs. It's called a curse

Lars
03-17-2009, 09:07 AM
it's just the basketball world setting up for another Rockets exit in the first round of the playoffs. It's called a curse

I really hope you are still active on this forum after next season. Gonna be so much fun!

CubanMustGo
03-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Sounds pretty minor - doubt he'll miss more than a week or two.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/crime/stories/khou090317_tnt_rockets-landry-shot.43bc5be7.html

HOUSTON—Houston Rockets forward Carl Landry was shot in the leg early Tuesday morning, a team spokesman said.

Rockets Director of Media Relations Nelson Luis said Landry had just flown in from New Orleans and was going to get a bite to eat when he was shot.

It happened around 1:30 a.m.

Luis said Landry was in his car when the bullet grazed his lower leg.

He was treated for a flesh wound and released from Memorial Hermann hospital.

It was unclear how many games Landry might miss as a result of the injury, but Luis said he definitely wouldn’t play Wednesday night.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 09:11 AM
It was Chris Paul who shot him. He was pissed after Landry blocked the hell out of his shot yesterday.

Where did he get shot? Why was he out so late? The just arrived from New Orleans. This doesn't make any sense.

It was 1:30 AM and I guess Landry was craving chicken.

ploto
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
You will find plenty of NBA players eating at times like that when they get home from a road game.

sribb43
03-17-2009, 09:32 AM
first injuries, now players are getting shot....:depressed.

Hemotivo
03-17-2009, 09:32 AM
calf

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Tells you how fucked up society is when you are just going to get some food and this type of shit happens.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 09:37 AM
I really hope you are still active on this forum after next season. Gonna be so much fun!

is that when you guys plan on making it to the 2nd round?

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
He'll only be out 1-2 weeks according to the Chron. I guess it's time for James White to get more playing time.

Lars
03-17-2009, 09:47 AM

Don't change, I want to remember you just like this.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
is this the James White they signed?

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2006/06/steve%20urkel.jpg

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Probably some thugs from new orleans mad about the loss

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 09:56 AM
is this the James White they signed?

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2006/06/steve%20urkel.jpg

Sure.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 09:59 AM

I thought all the New Orleans thugs moved to Houston after Katrina

Indazone
03-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Hope it didn't cause any permanent damage. Man this is messed up. Landry cannot get a break.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-17-2009, 10:04 AM
He's expect to miss 1-2 weeks.

sribb43
03-17-2009, 10:06 AM

http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/images/artist/c/cash_money/az_official/281x211.jpg

2Cleva
03-17-2009, 10:06 AM
The details are even worse

Houston Rockets forward Carl Landry suffered a gunshot wound to his lower leg early this morning in a possible drive-by shooting or failed robbery near downtown, police said.

Landry, 25, was released after treatment at Memorial Hermann Hospital. A team spokesman said he suffered a flesh wound and is expected to be out of the lineup for one to two weeks.

The incident happened in the 3100 block of Leeland, a short distance southeast of downtown, about 4:20 a.m., Houston police said in a preliminary report.

Landry and the rest of the Rockets had just returned from New Orleans after their 95-84 victory over the Hornets. The team's charter flight landed at Hobby Airport shortly after midnight, according to a team spokesman.

According to police, Landry was driving when another vehicle bumped his car. He got out to inspect the damage and two shots were fired from the other vehicle as it slowly passed him, team officials said.

The second shot struck Landry.

Descriptions of the vehicle and its occupants were not yet available this morning. Police have not determined whether the vehicle may have bumped Landry's car in an effort to rob him.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6316071.html

Damn. That's bad but could have been worse.

If someone hits you at 4:20 in the morning, its OK to wait until you're at home or in the morning to check out the damage.

Classic move he fell for.

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I thought all the New Orleans thugs moved to Houston after Katrina

They did, that's why the crime rate tripled during that time

Indazone
03-17-2009, 10:15 AM
He was shot at 4:20 AM just South of the Toyota Ctr on Leeland. Basically that's where I-45 and US 59 cross. That is a bad area and apparently Landry lives there. Why he lives in such a shitty area is beyond me. Rookie mistake. Landry is definately moving.

Allanon
03-17-2009, 10:20 AM
That's just messed up. Hope he gets well.

Getting shot while checking out your car? That's just bullshit, seriously. Nobody should ever have to go through that.

I know players want to keep it real and not get uppity about their success but really, GTFO of Dodge.

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 10:22 AM
He was shot at 4:20 AM just South of the Toyota Ctr on Leeland. Basically that's where I-45 and US 59 cross. That is a bad area and apparently Landry lives there. Why he lives in such a shitty area is beyond me. Rookie mistake. Landry is definately moving.

I have heard conflicting reports that he lives in the fort bend area

sook
03-17-2009, 10:23 AM

nice job showing some class. Like i said, not all of us are fortunate enough to play the washington wizards in the first round ever year.

This is terrible, he was the reason we won in NO w.o Yao and tmac

Indazone
03-17-2009, 10:23 AM
ah, but even Yao Ming before he was married had an apartment near the Toyota Ctr. I just wouldn't be walking around in that area alone at night.

Landry will soon be packing his own heat like every other Law Abiding Texan and NBA player. Just ask Stephen Jackson.

sook
03-17-2009, 10:24 AM

I know where that is, and trust me Landry should have been smarter than that. Every time i goto a game i never stop anywhere else, stopping at a gas station is just suicide the area is so deplorable on the skirts of downtown so i can't say this surprises me one bit

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 10:26 AM
nice job showing some class. Like i said, not all of us are fortunate enough to play the washington wizards in the first round ever year.

chill out, it's not like he is dead. Since he isn't dead we are all free to joke about the Rockets losing in the first round

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Hopefully he gets better soon, and takes the time he needs to get over the incident. I wonder what Mcgrady's reaction to all of this was

Chieflion
Didnt I mention somewhere that guns should be banned in the US about a few months back?

GuerillaBlack

That's Midtown, or pretty damn close. Not exactly shitty with all the high priced condos/apartments being built there.

sook
03-17-2009, 10:29 AM
chill out, it's not like he is dead. Since he isn't dead we are all free to joke about the Rockets losing in the first round

There are 2 reliable sources that are reporting that the Cavs and Suns are close to a deal that would send Amare to Cleveland for JJ Hickson and Wally.

Take it for what it's worth, but he works inside the organization and has been almost dead on with every leak he has given

Also, the big hang up is that teams are shying away from giving away too much because they fear that Amare won't resign. It has been confirmed that this week sometime the Cavs asked him if he would resign in 2010 if the opportunity was there. It was just confirmed they asked, which may or may not be a big deal

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=17335

'Just returned from lunch, and when I got back to my hotel room, I have had my cell charging while I was out, I got three calls from JJ and his agent. Apparently, they are getting wind of some things, and are calling to see if I've heard anything regarding him, and potential moves being discussed.

Obviously, being on the road, I'm out of the loop to an extent, but, obviously somethings been whirling around in the NBA circles regarding JJ ...

Really a tough situation for him to go through so early on in his 1st season, he's apparently very anxious over all that must be going on right now, as far as the rumor mill.

Did something break on ESPN as far as speculation ?

I can't go into too much detail as to who else called, but a close relative who also has a job in the NBA but not with the Cavs, called and has heard we're one of the top destinations for Amare, in that he's signaled that he would sign longterm with us if the opportunity presented itself.

Which leaves me mystified to say the least ... I didn't see this one on my radar at all ... I've just never really taken any of those rumors seriously at all. Didn't see us with the assets, or much desire due to certain issues that I'll go into if need be ...

But, obviously for a team that's been saying they are content to stay put, we certainly have a GM that is working alot of tradelines with multiple teams at the moment.

I feel like maybe I should change my travel itinerary, and instead of heading back to Cleveland, make a quick jaunt out to Phoenix ...lol.'

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-17-2009, 10:29 AM
You can take the N out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto outta the N.:bang

I really hope the N doesn't stand for what I think it does.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Didnt I mention somewhere that guns should be banned in the US about a few months back?

And I think you're an idiot if you think a ban on guns will get rid of guns. All it will do is empower gun runners and put a bunch of good honest businesses out of business.

mogrovejo
03-17-2009, 10:35 AM
T-Mac will do anything in his power to prevent the team from advancing to the 2nd round without him.

Seriously, the title of the thread scared me, fortunately it's nothing more serious.

Indazone
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
That's Midtown, or pretty damn close. Not exactly shitty with all the high priced condos/apartments being built there.

Actually I googled the location. He was shot in the warehouse district. You know where the Kim Son Restaurant is at.

Update from Sportscenter

SportCenter now:

Possible drive-by or robbery.

They have what is in police report and the Rockets are not staying much.

He went home then went to get something to eat.

Landry was side-swiped, and he got out to inspect damage.

The vehicle came back at a slow speed and fired 2 shots - 2nd shot hit leg.

Landry was treated at Memorial Hermann Hospital and released.

He is out 1-2 weeks possibly longer.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Ah, the Warehouse District. Not exactly up to par yet, but once the light rail and Dynamo stadium come in, it should get better.

lil_penny
03-17-2009, 11:09 AM
damn this sucks, i wish him the best hopefully a speedy recovery

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 11:29 AM
You can take the N out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto outta the N.:bang

What exactly does the ghetto have to do with Carl Landry getting shot going to get some food? Please contract AIDS and die.

Shank
03-17-2009, 12:04 PM
No 4:20 jokes yet?

Indazone
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Urban Legend??? Snopes says it is. I am not so sure anymore.

In March 2008, rumors began spreading that claimed that the violent MS-13 street gang have begun conducting a deadly new initiation for new members. The warnings, which circulate via email, text message and word of mouth, claim that prospective gang members are deliberately bumping into cars and then shooting the driver when he or she stops and gets out of the vehicle. The messages claim that the new gang member must kill someone to be initiated into the gang. Versions of the message have been set in several American states, including Florida, North Carolina and New York.

Authorities in some regions have warned motorists not to pull over if bumped from behind and to call 911 instead. Police in Buffalo New York issued a warning to residents about the supposed threat, but many other law enforcement authorities across the country have dismissed the rumors as a new version of a long running urban legend (http://www.hoax-slayer.com/rcmp-warning-hoax.html). An article (http://www.wgrz.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=56662&provider=gnews) on WGRZ.com notes:

Buffalo Police Commissioner H. McCarthy Gipson warned city residents on Wednesday to be wary of gang initiation rituals which could result in harm to innocent victims.

But several other law enforcement agencies across the nation decided not to issue similar warnings after concluding information which came to them about such occurances amounted to nothing more than a hoax.
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/bump-car-gang.shtml

GANG UPDATE (http://missionbendtx.org/blog/?p=29)

Thursday, March 27th, 2008
As gangs become more active in our area we will work to keep you posted on current activities. This message was sent in today. Please take it seriously. A Ft. Bend Sheriff’s Deputy drives security in one of our subdivisions. He informed us tonight that the MS13 gang is having their 2008 iniitiation. They will come up behind you and bump your car and when you get out they will start shooting. This is straight from the sheriff and the cops were alerted today. Be careful. This is no hoax.

http://missionbendtx.org/blog/?cat=6

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 12:09 PM
we don't have gangs here in Cleveland

ploto
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Plenty of nice apartments are in DT Houston near the Toyota Center and some players live there for convenience- don't know about him particularly. The Rockets fly into Hobby Airport and so a player stopping to eat on the way home could easily be driving into DT near there.

dirk4mvp
03-17-2009, 12:27 PM

what the fuck?

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 12:36 PM

:rolleyes Yeah, what a freaking brilliant idea. That way all the law-biding citizens in this country won't have guns to protect themselves while all the crooks, killers, and gang members are bring truck loads of guns over from mexico.

Wow, I mean really....maybe we should ban narcatics and other street drugs from the U.S. too, that would definetley solve the drug problem in this country...why hasn't anybody thought of that.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
I've never seen a gun, a gang member, or any drugs here in Cleveland. I didn't even know what a drive by was until I had to look it up. I thought those were places you went to in the summer to ear. That pretty much gives you an idea of the differences between Houston and Cleveland

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
I've never seen a gun, a gang member, or any drugs here in Cleveland. I didn't even know what a drive by was until I had to look it up. I thought those were places you went to in the summer to ear. That pretty much gives you an idea of the differences between Houston and Cleveland

What Cleveland do you live in? :lol

Indazone
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Nobody gives a crap about Cleveland and for your information every city has gangs. Bufallo NY has gangs. The only thing I feel sorry for you is that you are 15 yrs old, insulated in your white suburban home living with your mom and dad and you have no clue of the real world.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Nobody gives a crap about Cleveland and for your information every city has gangs. Bufallo NY has gangs. The only thing I feel sorry for you is that you are 15 yrs old, insulated in your white suburban home living with your mom and dad and you have no clue of the real world.

no we don't have gangs. We are all civil and respect each other, we arn't all a bunch of savages like you all in Houston

Indazone
03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
no we don't have gangs. We are all civil and respect each other, we arn't all a bunch of savages like you all in Houston

Pull your head out of your A...I mean sand.

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2009/03/forum_on_violence_in_cleveland.html

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 12:46 PM

You really need to shut the hell up and stop lying out your ass. I was stationed up there a few hours from Cleveland. One of my friends was from there drove home to visit his family and was shot in a gang related incident.

You're fucking stupid if you think Cleveland doesn't have gangs, but we already knew you were fucking stupid so it's really not that big of a deal.

Allanon
Sorry to break it to you but where there are Black people, there are gangs.

Cleveland definitely ain't Utah.

Hahah, just kidding.

IronMexican
Hope he is alright.

GuerillaBlack
Landry was apparently the victim of a random shooting. He was driving in the 3,000 block of Leeland at around 4am when two men rear-ended his car. When Landry got out to see what had happened, at least one of the two men shot him in the leg. Landry sustained a flesh would and ran to several of his neighbors' homes to try to get someone to help him.

One of his neighbors who didn't want to be shown on camera said he had no idea it was Landry outside his door who needed help. He showed us the trail of blood Landry left behind.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/basketball&id=6713932&rss=rss-ktrk-article-6713932

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 12:47 PM

Damn, you're racist too?

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Damn, you're racist too?

Isn't everyone?

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 12:49 PM
You really need to shut the hell up and stop lying out your ass. I was stationed up there a few hours from Cleveland. One of my friends was from there drove home to visit his family and was shot in a gang related incident.

Your fucking stupid if you think Cleveland doesn't have gangs, but we already knew you were fucking stupid so it's really not that big of a deal.

I've lived here for 20 years and have never seen anything related to a gang except Bone Thugs and Harmony, but they were just marketing themselves to the savages in other cities

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
I've lived here for 20 years and have never seen anything related to a gang except Bone Thugs and Harmony, but they were just marketing themselves to the savages in other cities

Right on St. Claire?

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Damn, you're racist too?

Check out what he wrote in the other "Carl Landry shot thread" in the Spurs forum...

Who cares? Another N shot...what else is new?

Dumbasses like him are fucking stupid, they don't realize that shit like that just makes them look like retarded ass uneducated hillbillies.

Indazone
03-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I can't see it..therefore it's not there. Brilliant deduction Sherlock

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Right on St. Claire?

where is that in France?

It's St. Clair, and there is a Starbucks and Barnes and Noble on the corner right across the street from the Gap. We shipped all our thugs (we had 6 of them) to Houston like the rest of the US

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM

You're a fucking liar. :lol you really want us to believe you have lived in cleveland for 20 years and have never seen anything related to a gang (no graffiti or anything), just stop posting already.

At my base our C.O. WARNED US about going to Cleveland just for that reason.

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Dumbasses like him are fucking stupid, they don't realize that shit like that just makes them look like retarded ass uneducated hillbillies.

This is exactly the reason we shouldn't take it seriously. He is a shitbag hillbilly. Adults shouldn't argue with children.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 12:55 PM
You're a fucking liar. :lol you really want us to believe you have lived in cleveland for 20 years and have never seen anything related to a gang (no graffiti or anything), just stop posting already.

At my base our C.O. WARNED US about going to Cleveland just for that reason.

We don't allow graffiti. Graffiti is for the savages in Houston that shoot people when they are driving. In Cleveland, if we have a problem with someone we go up to them and discuss it over lunch. There is no gang activity. Thy don't even film Cops here because they know it's a waste of time- unlike Houston, which they film often.

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Cleveland: Americas Euthopia :lmao:lmao

Indazone
03-17-2009, 12:56 PM
idiot!

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 12:57 PM
This is an early sketch of the apparent suspect.....

http://i44.tinypic.com/25070y9.jpg

:D

where is that in France?

It's St. Clair, and there is a Starbucks and Barnes and Noble on the corner right across the street from the Gap. We shipped all our thugs (we had 6 of them) to Houston like the rest of the US

Cleveland crime statistics should be of interest to you. By the way, Cleveland isn't the only city not to go through gentrification in many areas. Where Carl Landry was shot at, are some pretty pricey condos/apartments. Add to that to light rail lines in two years, plus the Dynamo's new stadium (among other things). You really know shit.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Cleveland: Americas Euthopia :lmao:lmao

that is why Brady Quinn and Lebron James chose to play here.

sook
03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/basketball&id=6713932&rss=rss-ktrk-article-6713932

wow dude, i knew carl was one tuff cookie but damn...:(

Landry was apparently the victim of a random shooting. He was driving in the 3,000 block of Leeland at around 4am when two men rear-ended his car. When Landry got out to see what had happened, at least one of the two men shot him in the leg. Landry sustained a flesh would and ran to several of his neighbors' homes to try to get someone to help him.

One of his neighbors who didn't want to be shown on camera said he had no idea it was Landry outside his door who needed help. He showed us the trail of blood Landry left behind.

"There was blood everywhere, all over the trails, all the way up to the front door, as you can see," he said. "He went to each of the neighbors' houses. The reason I know is because I heard the dogs barking at 4:30. Also, a neighbor came out this morning as I was rinsing off the blood, said that someone rang his doorbell at 4:30 this morning, saying, 'Let me in. I've been shot'."
Story continues below
Advertisement

That neighbor didn't let Landry in, as he couldn't tell who it was.

"(Landry) jumped over my fence and tried to get to my front door," the witness continued. "The reason I knew that is because I could see blood spots on the side of my house where he was trying to ring my doorbell."

Landry was treated and released from Memorial Hermann Hospital.

The Rockets had just returned from a big victory in New Orleans, where Landry had scored 12 points.

There are no suspects in custody at this time.

The Rockets released a statement about the shooting Tuesday morning. It reads:

"We are very thankful and relieved that Carl's injuries were relatively minor and that he is doing well. Carl was the victim of an apparent random act of violence early this morning after the team arrived from New Orleans. We are in the process of working with authorities to gather more information. Carl was treated and released at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center for a surface wound in his left calf and a dislocated finger on his left hand. X-rays were negative. We expect him to make a full recovery and return in 1-3 weeks."

Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the very latest on the shooting of Landry.

Are people really such assholes? And how do you jump over a fence if your leg has been shot?

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Landry was beastin. Adrenaline rush after being shot. Glad he's alright.

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
We don't allow graffiti. Graffiti is for the savages in Houston that shoot people when they are driving.

Cleveland gang graffiti (http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/02/_after_police_arrested_32.html)

In Cleveland, if we have a problem with someone we go up to them and discuss it over lunch. There is no gang activity.

3 wounded, including mother and child in drive by shooting in Cleveland (http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/09/three_hurt_in_cleveland_driveb.html)

Thy don't even film Cops here because they know it's a waste of time- unlike Houston, which they film often.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096563/locations

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
wow dude, i knew carl was one tuff cookie but damn...:(

"There was blood everywhere, all over the trails, all the way up to the front door, as you can see," he said. "He went to each of the neighbors' houses. The reason I know is because I heard the dogs barking at 4:30. Also, a neighbor came out this morning as I was rinsing off the blood, said that someone rang his doorbell at 4:30 this morning, saying, 'Let me in. I've been shot'."
Story continues below
Advertisement

That neighbor didn't let Landry in, as he couldn't tell who it was.

"(Landry) jumped over my fence and tried to get to my front door," the witness continued. "The reason I knew that is because I could see blood spots on the side of my house where he was trying to ring my doorbell."

Landry was treated and released from Memorial Hermann Hospital.

The Rockets had just returned from a big victory in New Orleans, where Landry had scored 12 points.

There are no suspects in custody at this time.

The Rockets released a statement about the shooting Tuesday morning. It reads:

"We are very thankful and relieved that Carl's injuries were relatively minor and that he is doing well. Carl was the victim of an apparent random act of violence early this morning after the team arrived from New Orleans. We are in the process of working with authorities to gather more information. Carl was treated and released at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center for a surface wound in his left calf and a dislocated finger on his left hand. X-rays were negative. We expect him to make a full recovery and return in 1-3 weeks."

Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the very latest on the shooting of Landry.

Are people really such assholes? And how do you jump over a fence if your leg has been shot?

Adrenaline rush. A lot of people don't realize they are shot till minutes later.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Can you guys not tell Thunder Dan is joking around?

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Cleveland gang graffiti (http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/02/_after_police_arrested_32.html)

3 wounded, including mother and child in dive by shooting in Cleveland (http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/09/three_hurt_in_cleveland_driveb.html)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096563/locations

you rockets fans are looking smarter and smarter with each post

sook
03-17-2009, 01:16 PM

lol yea i didn't say anything about this one because i have to agree with you there

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 01:18 PM

Yes I can, I just don't like the guy. People joke around to much on this site, to the point where it's just annoying now.

Rouge

S.D. (aka Spurs' Dick rider)

and

Thunder Dan (he's been butt hurt every since Battier and Artest punked LeBron)

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-17-2009, 01:18 PM
So why did Landry not shoot this person back? I do not understand. Does he not even keep gun in his car?

sook
03-17-2009, 01:20 PM
So why did Landry not shoot this person back? I do not understand. Does he not even keep gun in his car?

:lol:lol

Its kind of hard to go back in your car and get a gun after being shot instead of running away

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Yes I can, I just don't like the guy. People joke around to much on this site, to the point where it's just annoying now.

Rouge

S.D. (aka Spurs' dick rider)

and

Thunder Dan (he's been butt hurt every since Battier and Artest punked LeBron)

LOL, you are mad that this board isn't 100% serious? god get a life and have a sense of humor

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
LOL, you are mad that this board isn't 100% serious? god get a life and have a sense of humor

I don't mind a board not being serious, but some people on here don't know the difference between good comedic timing and retardation.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't mind a board not being serious, but some people on here don't know the difference between good comedic timing and retardation.

This.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:27 PM

dude he got shot in the leg and is going to live and play ball again, stop acting like he is dead on the side of the street. You guys are too sensitive. The only reason you care as much is because he is on your team, if he played on the Grizzlies or was a garbage man, you wouldn't have any problems with someone joking about it.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I always laugh whenever I see TD post. His Brady Quinn stuff in the NFL board is hilarious.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I always laugh whenever I see TD post. His Brady Quinn stuff in the NFL board is hilarious.

Thanks! see I'm well liked, it's just you Rockets fans that have TSS and can't take jokes

and IronMexican, if you like Brady Quinn as much as I think you do, it might be worth your while to check out my amazing new profile on here

Spursmania
03-17-2009, 01:30 PM
:lmaoDamn this was funny-glad I read all the way through. Cleveland=American Utopia:lmao

Also, poor Dude. Must have been freaked out and adrenaline busting through him. Hope he's ok. Damn Houston Fans, you guys have some terrible luck. Who cursed you guys? Some New Orleans Voo doo shit going on there.

Wish him well and and a speedy recovery.:toast

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 01:31 PM
dude he got shot in the leg and is going to live and play ball again, stop acting like he is dead on the side of the street. You guys are too sensitive. The only reason you care as much is because he is on your team, if he played on the Grizzlies or was a garbage man, you wouldn't have any problems with someone joking about it.

Sorry, I don't joke about people being shot on the side of the road, My best friend from high school was shot and killed in a similar case....not something I find entertaining or funny, especially literally hours after the incident happened.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks! see I'm well liked, it's just you Rockets fans that have TSS and can't take jokes

and IronMexican, if you like Brady Quinn as much as I think you do, it might be worth your while to check out my amazing new profile on here

:rollin

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Sorry, I don't joke about people being shot on the side of the road, My best friend from high school was shot and killed in a similar case....not something I find entertaining, especially literally hours after the incident happened.

and if Landry was dead or paralyzed I wouldn't be making jokes, that is my comedic genius

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
and if Landry was dead or paralyzed I wouldn't be making jokes, that is my comedic genius

There's no "comedic genius" about it. It doesn't take a genius to say....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/antunesrj/Nelson_haha.jpg

:rolleyes

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't find humor in him getting shot(My best homie passed away a year ago in East LA) but I find it funny how you guys got so pissed that he said Cleveland had no ghetto's.

Spursmania
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't find humor in him getting shot(My best homie passed away a year ago in East LA) but I find it funny how you guys got so pissed that he said Cleveland had no ghetto's.

Right. I think that's what everybody was laughing at.:lol

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 01:42 PM

You couldn't tell I was halfway joking with him with my St. Clair comment? I could tell he was joking because no one in their right mind would say Cleveland as a utopia, but then he started talking about Starbucks and The Gap so I couldn't tell.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I wasn't even joking about him getting shot- that is why Houston fans are so uptight. They let a joke go way over their head then they have to spin it around to make me look like the bad guy. I can't help that Houston is full of gangs and Cleveland is full of decent, hardworking, god fearing citizens.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:44 PM
You couldn't tell I was halfway joking with him with my St. Clair comment? I could tell he was joking because no one in their right mind would say Cleveland as a utopia, but then he started talking about Starbucks and The Gap so I couldn't tell.

Gaps and Starbucks are as rampant in Cleveland as liquor stores, payday loan shops, and gun stores are in Houston. So in that sense I'm not joking

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Is Houston like the worst area in Texas or something?

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:48 PM
And I mean as far as ghetto.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 01:48 PM

Dallas is, followed by Houston. This is for crime rate.

As far as ghetto's, I'd say Houston's are less aesthetically pleasing than Dallas'. If that makes any sense.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:49 PM

I don't know, I've never even been there, but it is #1 on my Bucket List

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
My ex wanted me to move out there. I thought about it, but I don't think I'd ever be able to leave where I stay at.

sook
03-17-2009, 01:54 PM

LOL no way you're talking about the skirts of downtown, which is bad in almost any city.

Sugarland just by has houses owned by Kings in Saudi Arabia and many pro athletes, i live in clear lake and i can tell you houston is a nice area

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 01:55 PM

It wasn't this bad until all the dumbasses floated down from NOLA (no offense Hornet fans, but it's true). We've had people shot, people rapped on city buses, and athletes robbed (Dunta Robinson) all by people from NOLA.

The city was a better place, before the Katricians showed up.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
It wasn't this bad until all the dumbasses floated down from NOLA (no offense Hornet fans, but it's true). We've had people shot, people rapped on city buses, and athletes robbed (Dunta Robinson) all by people from NOLA.

The city was a better place, before the Katricians showed up.

stop making fun of Hurricane Katrina

sook
03-17-2009, 02:05 PM

lol, you can't make fun of a hurricane itself, but you can make fun of the victims you illiterate fuck! :lol

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Is living in Houston anything like King of the Hill? That would be crazy.

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 02:07 PM

When did I make fun of Hurricane Katrina? I made fun of the low life degenerets that took advantage of our good will and trashed our city after Hurricane Katrina. Being the one who lives here I can say whatever I want about it.

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
we don't have gangs here in Cleveland

So I guess you believe in Santa Claus too...:bang

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
So I guess you believe in Santa Claus too...:bang

:lmao:lmao:lmao

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 02:10 PM

Yes. Just like King of the Hill.

When did I make fun of Hurricane Katrina? I made fun of the low life degenerets that took advantage of our good will and trashed our city after Hurricane Katrina. Being the one who lives here I can say whatever I want about it.

Not everyone was bad and all the people who moved because of Katrina have been pretty much absorbed into Houston. We grow my so many people every year anyways (at least 110,000+), so it was only a large spike in crime for one year.

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 02:10 PM

Kind of the Hill is Dallas (that's the area where Mike Judge grew up). Infact it's just like Dallas (lived there for a couple of years....hated it.)

Arlen TX the fictional town the live in is supposed to be like Arlington TX.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Is El Paso like the worst place in all of Texas? I had family live there for 6 months before they couldn't take it anymore.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Kind of the Hill is Dallas (that's the area where Mike Judge grew up). Infact it's just like Dallas (lived there for a couple of years....hated it.)

Arlen TX the fictional town the live in is supposed to be like Arlington TX.

You mean, Garland, Texas. A NE Dallas suburb.

Is El Paso like the worst place in all of Texas? I had family live there for 6 months before they couldn't take it anymore.

Nah, the worst part of Texas is McAllen. It's depressing down there. No offense to anyone that lives down there. Going by what I am told by former residents.

sook
03-17-2009, 02:15 PM

IronMexican can i ask you something? And I'm not trying to retaliate to your posts and i don't know all the specifics to my story but...

My dad was on a Business trip to LA 2-3 years back and while he was talking to my mom on the phone he just stopped talking and you could hear his phone drop so my mom got worried. It turned out that 2 guys outside of his hotel held him at gunpoint and asked for everything he had. They took it all and asked him to sit on the floor with his head still on the ground, my guess is they were going to kill him. Some lady close by who was watching the whole thing honked at them, so they got scared and ran. It wasn't a big deal after b.c we close all the credit cards and everything, but it really makes you wonder...

Is all of LA like that?

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes. Just like King of the Hill.

Not everyone was bad and all the people who moved because of Katrina have been pretty much absorbed into Houston. We grow my so many people every year anyways (at least 110,000+), so it was only a large spike in crime for one year.

The Crime rate was higher than norm than just one year. There was a rediculous amount of crimes comitted by people from Louisiana. The police department in NOLA was one of the most currupt departments in the entire nation and was involved in one of the largest FBI police corruption investigations in U.S. history. There was alot of bad stuff going on there and alot of that crap got washed down here.

I'm not saying everybody that relocated was a criminal and a thug, but there was a decent amount of criminals that moved to houston and set up shop. Alot of them stayed after they developed new drug circles to run their drugs through.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
The worst place to live in Cali is Fresno. It's like a farm.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:18 PM
IronMexican can i ask you something? And I'm not trying to retaliate to your posts and i don't know all the specifics to my story but...

My dad was on a Business trip to LA 2-3 years back and while he was talking to my mom on the phone he just stopped talking and you could hear his phone drop so my mom got worried. It turned out that 2 guys outside of his hotel held him at gunpoint and asked for everything he had. They took it all and asked him to sit on the floor with his head still on the ground, my guess is they were going to kill him. Some lady close by who was watching the whole thing honked at them, so they got scared and ran. It wasn't a big deal after b.c we close all the credit cards and everything, but it really makes you wonder...

Is all of LA like that?

Pretty much. But you get used to it.

I've seen my cousin held at gunpoint by some other Mexicans. They left because some lady was threatening to call the cops.

I never been shot, but I've been shot at.

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
The Crime rate was higher than norm than just one year. There was a rediculous amount of crimes comitted by people from Louisiana. The police department in NOLA was one of the most currupt departments in the entire nation and was involved in one of the largest FBI police corruption investigations in U.S. history. There was alot of bad stuff going on there and alot of that crap got washed down here.

I'm not saying everybody that relocated was a criminal and a thug, but there was a decent amount of criminals that moved to houston and set up shop. Alot of them stayed after they developed new drug circles to run their drugs through.

And they can take their asses home now....Or just get the hell out of houston

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
The worst place to live in Cali is Fresno. It's like a farm.

Fresno is just like McAllen. Perfect comparison.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
I went to LA and didn't have much of a problem other than people and their attitudes of how sweet they thought they were. But I staid in Hollywood

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I've never had problems visiting LA either. Except for the Cholos on the beach. They looked funny.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:26 PM
LA is still a dope place to live in.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
LA is still a dope place to live in.

I'm guessing you have never been to Cleveland

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
I've never had problems visiting LA either. Except for the Cholos on the beach. They looked funny.

There are none in Houston?

Indazone
03-17-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm guessing you have never been to Cleveland

Cleveland is a paradise. This is exactly why Midwesterners call it the Mistake on the Lake.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Cleveland is a paradise. This is exactly why Midwesterners call it the Mistake on the Lake.

we just say things like that so all the brain-dead numbskulls from other cities don't come and live here and screw the city up

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 02:36 PM
There are none in Houston?

Not like LA.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Lol, that's just how we dress. This is my and my little bro

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/21/l_966ae760af42433c918e8c0ddd34914c.jpg

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
your brother looks like he could be on the Hispanic version of Two-A-Days

tlongII
03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Your little bro looks like a chick.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:46 PM
How do you know I'm not the one in the green shirt? Anyways, I'm not. I call him "wrist cutter"

Indazone
03-17-2009, 02:49 PM
1. mistake by the lake 80 up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#), 44 down (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsup.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsdown.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)derogat ory term for Cleveland, Ohio; called so due to the fact that Cleveland is on the southern shore of Lake Erie

by Nate (http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=Nate) Jun 6, 2003 share this (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)
2. Mistake by the lake 25 up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#), 27 down (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsup.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsdown.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)The correct name for the city in Ohio often referred to as "Cleveland." Located by Lake Erie, nothing good has ever come from Cleveland and the city ranks just behind Paris Hilton, Jean Shorts, and trusting Judas as one of God's worst mistakes.
"Do you smell that?"
"Oh dont worry about that, Cleveland is the Mistake by the Lake, it always smells like feces."
cleveland (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cleveland) mistake on the lake (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake+on+the+lake) god's mistakes (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=god%27s+mistakes) ohio (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ohio) hell (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hell)
by Better than all clevelanders (http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=Better+than+all+clevelanders) Sep 26, 2007 share this (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)
3. mistake by the lake 14 up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#), 24 down (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsup.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsdown.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)the rightfully given nickname to the city of cleveland ohio because the city truly is one of the biggest mistakes in the world. not only has cleveland managed to set a river on fire but they also havent won a sports championship since 1948
im looking on the map for cleveland but its nowhere to be found.

thats because they changed the name to mistake by the lake
cleveland (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cleveland) the hell hole of the u.s. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+hell+hole+of+the+u.s.) shit (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shit) dump (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dump) mistake (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake)
by john workowitz (http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=john+workowitz) Oct 21, 2007 share this (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake#)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistake%20by%20the%20lake

:lmao

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Lol, that's just how we dress. This is my and my little bro

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/21/l_966ae760af42433c918e8c0ddd34914c.jpg

You don't have sunglasses though.

Indazone
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
1. Cleveland 526 up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cleveland#), 130 down (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cleveland#)http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsup.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cleveland#)http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsdown.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cleveland#)Also known as C-Town (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=C-Town) by natives, Cleveland is a famous city in the northern area of Ohio that may be even more popular then the capital of Ohio, Columbus. It borders Lake Erie and is known for extreme, ever-changing weather. It is also known for being the poorest city in the United States, very culturally diverse, and the origin of many rap/hip hop artists. There is a lot of cultural pride here, occasionally racism (Mostly the ever-ignorant Black vs. White. Both sides are guilty - Police specificly target blacks, and then there is a day called May Day where white people cannot attend school unless they want their ass kicked.) There are many gangs in Cleveland that mostly deal drugs and fight other gangs. Drugs and illegal substances are quite common here. The sports teams of Cleveland are the Indians (Baseball, was good in the 90s, offends Native Americans everywhere and has a big fluffy purple mascot named Slider,) Cavaliers (Basketball, now made famous by LeBron James and Usher,) Browns (Football, now returned and worse than ever,) Barons(Hockey, replaced the Lumber Jacks,) and Force (Soccer.)

If you go to Cleveland, you have to go to the Jake (Jacob's Field), the Q (used to be Gund Arena,) Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Hard Rock at least once. There's also something called the Warehouse District, West Side Market, Tower City, and other stuff if you're feeling adventurous.

Sorry if this sucked, I just thought Cleveland needed a detailed definition.
"We're here with C-Town (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=C-Town)'s finest."

"LeBron James (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LeBron%20James) lived Akron before the Cleveland Cavaliers snatched him up."

"What it do (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=What%20it%20do), C-Town (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=C-Town)?"

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
The locs? Cause those are played out.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
here is a picture of what I wore when I was in LA this year

http://www.bluedolphinhotel.com/brenden_john_photographer_gay_beach_chicago_5.jpeg

GuerillaBlack
The locs? Cause those are played out.

We still rock them in Houston. The stunna shades are played out though.

tlongII
A remarkable resemblance...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/cabosanlucas014.jpg?t=1237319735

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 02:58 PM
We still rock them in Houston. The stunna shades are played out though.

People still rock them, but I don't. I've got a pair too.

LockBeard
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Houston is cursed. What else is new.

cobbler
03-17-2009, 03:04 PM

Is all of LA like that?

I knew a guy who was on a trip to Houston a year ago. He was out for dinner and as he went back to his car he was accosted by 4 guys in Rockets jerseys. They proceeded to remove his pants and take turns licking his balls and taking it in the mouth. A car drove by just as one of them was bending over and preparing to take in the ass so they all freaked and ran off. Makes you wonder....

Is all of Houston like that?

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Is all of california like this?

http://www.rtvchannel.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/elton_john_hi.jpg

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I knew a guy who was on a trip to Houston a year ago. He was out for dinner and as he went back to his car he was accosted by 4 guys in Rockets jerseys. They proceeded to remove his pants and take turns licking his balls and taking it in the mouth. A car drove by just as one of them was bending over and preparing to take in the ass so they all freaked and ran off. Makes you wonder....

Is all of Houston like that?

I hate Houston, but this was lame

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
djohn is the most homophobic poster on this board. Whenever someone says something to him he always has to run to the gay card like we should all fear gay people

cobbler
03-17-2009, 03:11 PM
I hate Houston, but this was lame

As it was intended to be...thank you.

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
djohn is the most homophobic poster on this board. Whenever someone says something to him he always has to run to the gay card like we should all fear gay people

As you have to run to the communist card every time the cavs get assraped by the rockets....

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 03:14 PM
But then again, cleveland doesn't have gangs lmao

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Update:

According to Senior Officers D.W. Arnold and R.A. Moreno of the Houston police homicide division, Landry was driving southbound on Leeland with a female passenger when a gray Honda Civic, traveling northbound, swerved into Landry's lane and sideswiped his sport-utility vehicle.

Landry made a partial U-turn near Palmer Street and the Honda also turned around and again struck Landry's SUV, causing it to hit a wooden utility pole and stop, the officers said.

After Landry got out, two men got out of the Honda and one of them pulled a pistol from his back pocket and fired twice, police said. After being hit, Landry ran for help, they said.

The two men ran after Landry for a short distance before giving up and running away, police said. The woman in Landry's SUV was not injured, they said.

Landry described the attackers as Hispanic men in their early to mid-20s, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 150 to 160 pounds. They had short black hair and wore all-black clothing, he said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6316071.html

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Do Mexican's out there wear Nike Cortez's?

cobbler
03-17-2009, 03:16 PM
But then again, cleveland doesn't have gangs lmao

or championships

Thunder Dan
As you have to run to the communist card every time the cavs get assraped by the rockets....

that's a little different. Being anti communism isn't being a bigot

NBAdime
Hispanic men ...5ft 8?? wow they are TALL!

j/k

sook
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
lol its ironic it happened to Landry after he sacrificed his body vs the hornets like that in the 4th. Just the epitome of a hard worker and i hope all is well, being shot at is a traumatic experience

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
that's a little different. Being anti communism isn't being a bigot

You can't possibly identify a bigot because you can't identify a gang....I hope that you don't represent all cleveland fans

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
You can't possibly identify a bigot because you can't identify a gang....I hope that you don't represent all cleveland fans

This guy makes all the Rocket fans look bad.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 03:27 PM

Being against communism is being against an ideology

Being against a group of people is being a bigot. If I called Yao a bunch of names for being Asian that would be one thing, but I didn't because I'm classy and know where to draw the line. by saying that all of LA is Elton Johns, or gay, is like saying that Cleveland is better than Houston because Houston has more black people than Cleveland

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
You don't know me, or what I am about..Call me a bigot, or whatever you have to think long and hard about to come up with, I know how I was raised, to accept everyone. I just have a problem with people who think that they are better than everyone else (lakers fans, thunder dan), and people who have no idea how this country came to be (thunder dan).

I applaud you thunder dan for trying to make cleveland relevant, but once again you fail.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
You don't know me, or what I am about..Call me a bigot, or whatever you have to think long and hard about to come up with, I know how I was raised, to accept everyone. I just have a problem with people who think that they are better than everyone else (lakers fans, thunder dan), and people who have no idea how this country came to be (thunder dan).

I applaud you thunder dan for trying to make cleveland relevant, but once again you fail.

You are right I don't know you, but everytime you try to put me or someone else down you call them derogatory names pointed at the gay community or in some other way try to poke fun at gays

Indazone
03-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Update:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6316071.html

Sure sounds like MS-13 to me.

Indazone
03-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Well I guess we've been all around the block on this one now. From gay homophobic posts, to Cleveland mistake by the lake posts, to thunderdan's ignoramus posts about there not being gangs in Cleveland, and yes actual posts about Landry's shooting. Might as well do the only thing left to do. Turn this into a SCOLA THREAD!

Scola is now going to play for the next 1-3 weeks and I'm betting it's going to take Landry the full 3 weeks to recover. Scola is going to play 38 minutes alongside Yao now. I'm betting he starts to throw up 20-10 numbers or better with the additional minutes. Scola will be hoisting All-Star like number and Whottt can take that one to the bank :D

tlongII
03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
That whole story smells very fishy to me. He didn't drive home until 2 hours after they landed? A car driving the opposite direction smacked his car and then turned around and smacked him again? After hitting the car the other car's occupants then get out and start shooting at him?

He's hiding something...

Indazone
03-17-2009, 06:04 PM
2:30 AM is the new revised time from the police

Rockets' Landry Shot After Car Accident
Posted Mar 17, 2009 12:03 AM
By CHRIS DUNCAN
(AP)

HOUSTON (March 17) - Houston Rockets forward Carl Landry is expected to miss one to three weeks after he was shot in the left leg early Tuesday while driving near his home.

http://www.aolcdn.com/_media/kegallerypub/blank.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:soKe.pgPopUp('fanhouse-fanhouse_general_athletes_gunfire'))

The injury was minor, and the team said Landry was treated at a hospital and released. Landry, who also dislocated a finger on his left hand, also was examined by team doctor Tom Clanton.

The shooting occurred about 2:30 a.m., a few hours after the Rockets returned from a game at New Orleans. Landry drove home after the team arrived about 12:30 a.m.
Houston police said Landry was driving his sport utility vehicle southbound on a city street, when a northbound car swerved into his path and collided with his vehicle. Landry and the driver of the other vehicle made U-turns and the vehicles collided again and Landry's SUV hit a utility pole.
Police spokesman Kese Smith said Landry got out of his SUV to inspect the damage, and was shot by one of the two occupants of the car. The suspects then fled the scene, while Landry ran to get help, police said.
Smith originally said the incident occurred about 4 a.m., but said later that was the time authorities were notified. Smith did not know if Landry was the person who called police.
Landry had a female passenger in his SUV, and she was not injured, police said.
General manager Daryl Morey visited Landry at the hospital and said he sustained a surface wound that was no worse than a calf strain.
"We're just happy Carl is OK," Morey said. "By what we can understand, he was very lucky - obviously unlucky to have this situation happen to him, but very lucky that he came out without anything major."
The 6-foot-9 Landry has become a valuable player off the bench for the Rockets, averaging 9.3 points and five rebounds in his second NBA season. He had 12 points and six rebounds in Monday's 95-84 win that kept Houston in third place in the Western Conference standings.
Houston coach Rick Adelman said he had not talked to Landry since the shooting, but several players had checked in with their teammate.
"He just sounded happy, blessed," said point guard Aaron Brooks. "It was a situation that pretty much anybody could've been in. He's just blessed to be OK, blessed that he's alive and that he'll be back and be Carl again."
Adelman said Landry's injury could mean more playing time for Chuck Hayes and Dikembe Mutombo, who played 25 minutes on Monday's victory.
"Obviously, it hurts us," Adelman said of Landry's absence. "But on the other hand, it's going to give other guys the chance to step up and play. We've got to have that from everybody else. It's going to hurt us, but he'll be back and the rest of our group has to try to step up and win games."
Landry was drafted by Seattle in the second round in 2007, then traded to Houston for a future second-round pick and cash. He averaged eight points and 4.9 rebounds in 2007-08.
In Game 3 of a first-round series against Utah, Landry blocked Deron Williams' layup try with 3.4 seconds left to preserve Houston's 94-92 victory. Landry also lost a tooth in that game after taking an elbow from Utah's Carlos Boozer.
"Carl has been great for us," Houston forward Shane Battier said. "His energy and punch off the bench has been outstanding. But it's ironic that other guys will get a chance to step in, much like he got a chance to step in and give us a lift last year.
"We're not worried about Carl from the basketball standpoint. That's the least of our worries. We just want him to get healthy and deal with this episode."

djohn2oo8
03-17-2009, 07:49 PM
You are right I don't know you, but everytime you try to put me or someone else down you call them derogatory names pointed at the gay community or in some other way try to poke fun at gays

It's just b/c of my extreme dislike of the Lakers and their fans. I have nothing against gays...I agree that it was unneccessary, so I will just put it like this: FUCK THE LAKERS....What did I say to personally offend you??? You have to remember not to take shit so seriously b/c this IS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD

Anyways, rest up Carl!!!

Lars
03-17-2009, 08:28 PM
You really shouldnt try and reason with TD, its pretty obvious he exists solely be a pest. I really don't blame him though, afterall, he does live in Cleveland. I imagine it gets pretty frustrating being the red headed step child of sports cities for the past 50 years. I mean seriously Indians, Cavs and Browns...can you find a worse trio in any other city? He is on his high horse right now. No doubt the Cleveland Lebrons are very good and it must be nice to get some national media attention out in the "mistake by the lake", but I got some bad news for you friend...its all coming to an end. So pray for your championship now, because the 2010 free agency lottery is coming and no one in thier right mind would choose to live Cleveland for another 5 years when New York is available.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
It's just b/c of my extreme dislike of the Lakers and their fans. I have nothing against gays...I agree that it was unneccessary, so I will just put it like this: FUCK THE LAKERS....What did I say to personally offend you??? You have to remember not to take shit so seriously b/c this IS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD

Anyways, rest up Carl!!!

it's cool man. I know that there are actually a few gay posters on this board and I'm sure that they wouldn't appreciate everyone making fun of them just as we wouldn't like people making fun of us for things like race, religion and stuff like that. I don't really know any gay people, but I'm sure they wouldn't like their sexuality to be used solely as a put down to other people on here. I like to be a pest to you Rocket fans, but I try to never cross the line. I know it's a message board and it's all in good fun, but try not to cross the lines that might offend others. It's all good though

Roxsfan
03-17-2009, 11:32 PM
glad he is ok. Fuck gangs/thugs/dealers and drug users of all walks of life who create the demand--you have blood on your hands---and ummm back on topic.........Landry needs to fucking make a sandwich at home and go to fucking bed. Try moving out to the burbs to reduce the chance of shit happening.

Indazone
03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
uIOuATTAgG0

ABC News Story on the Shooting. Clears up a lot of things.

BacktoBasics
03-18-2009, 09:42 AM
huh...you mean to tell me that nobody wanted to open their door for a 6'8'' black man at 2:30 in the morning.

GuerillaBlack
03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
glad he is ok. Fuck gangs/thugs/dealers and drug users of all walks of life who create the demand--you have blood on your hands---and ummm back on topic.........Landry needs to fucking make a sandwich at home and go to fucking bed. Try moving out to the burbs to reduce the chance of shit happening.

Doesn't reduce by much. The burbs are getting more and more targeted these days, for robberies at least. That's where the $$$ lies.

LockBeard
03-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I agree that Houston took an even bigger fall down the shit slide once all the LA refugees came.

Matchman
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
huh...you mean to tell me that nobody wanted to open their door for a 6'8'' black man at 2:30 in the morning.

:lmao
i wont either, but i am pretty sure i can recognize carl if hes on my doorstep

Spursmania
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
To me what's new is the female passenger in his car. Sounds like he got in from the game and picked up the female passenger. Who is she? the girlfriend? Also, he just ran and left her ass in the car while 2 guys were shooting. Doesn't seem like a robbery because wouldn't they of just robbed the girl for her belongings too and/or just taken the SUV? IDN:stirpot:

Roxsfan
03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Doesn't reduce by much. The burbs are getting more and more targeted these days, for robberies at least. That's where the $$$ lies.

I disagree. Crime can happen anywhere, but the inner city is more crime-ridden and the stats prove it. When was the last time you heard a rox player that lives in s. land or katy get assaulted?

next:toast

GuerillaBlack
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I disagree. Crime can happen anywhere, but the inner city is more crime-ridden and the stats prove it. When was the last time you heard a rox player that lives in s. land or katy get assaulted?

next:toast

Not a Rockets player, but Dunta Robinson was assaulted in the Sugar Land area just before the NFL season started.

Next.

Roxsfan
03-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Not a Rockets player, but Dunta Robinson was assaulted in the Sugar Land area just before the NFL season started.

Next.

first of all, I said Rox player and it was not the start of this past season (9-07)
Second, Sienna plantation is past sugar land, past missouri city, near Arcola going towards Manvel...that's ghetto town.
Third, the dumb ass left a door unlocked where the robbers just "walked" in.
Fourth--he didn't even call 911 after; he went to the Texans head of security...wtf?
NEXT

I know shit happens everywhere, but what you are trying to do is lessen the chances and when you don't lock your doors and you stay out late driving flashy cars--that does not help things.

GuerillaBlack
03-19-2009, 12:52 AM
I know where Sienna Plantation is and is not in ghetto town. Just right up Highway 6 are richy neighborhoods like Riverstone. Of course the Inner City is going to be more dangerous, but the suburbs aren't all rosy either. Especially the closer in ones like Sugar Land.