PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for that advice, Pope

Blake
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
On Africa trip, pope says condoms won't solve AIDS

YAOUNDE, Cameroon – Pope Benedict XVI said on his way to Africa Tuesday that condoms were not the answer in the continent's fight against HIV, his first explicit statement on an issue that has divided even clergy working with AIDS patients.

Benedict arrived in Yaounde, Cameroon's capital, Tuesday afternoon to a crowd of flag-waving faithful and cameras. The visit is his first pilgrimage as pontiff to the African continent.

Benedict had never directly addressed condom use, though his position is not new. His predecessor, Pope John Paul II, often said that sexual abstinence — not condoms — was the best way to prevent the spread of the disease.

Benedict said the Roman Catholic Church is in the forefront of the battle against AIDS.

"You can't resolve it with the distribution of condoms," the pope told reporters aboard the Alitalia plane headed to Yaounde. "On the contrary, it increases the problem."

The pope said that a responsible and moral attitude toward sex would help fight the disease.

About 22 million people in sub-Saharan Africa are infected with HIV, according to UNAIDS. In 2007, three-quarters of all AIDS deaths worldwide were there, as well as two-thirds of all people living with HIV.

Rebecca Hodes with the Treatment Action Campaign in South Africa said if the pope is serious about preventing new HIV infections, he will focus on promoting wide access to condoms and spreading information on how best to use them.

"Instead, his opposition to condoms conveys that religious dogma is more important to him than the lives of Africans," said Hodes, head of policy, communication and research for the organization.

While she said the pope is correct that condoms are not the sole solution to Africa's AIDS epidemic, she said they are one of the very few HIV prevention mechanisms proven to work.

Even some priests and nuns working with those living with HIV/AIDS question the church's opposition to condoms amid the pandemic ravaging Africa.

The Roman Catholic Church rejects the use of condoms as part of its overall teaching against artificial contraception.

Senior Vatican officials have advocated fidelity in marriage and abstinence from premarital sex as key weapons in the fight against AIDS.

The late Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo made headlines in 2003 when he said that condoms may help spread AIDS through a false sense of security, claiming they were not effective in blocking transmission of the virus. The cardinal, who died last year, headed the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family.

Benedict's African trip this week will also take him to Angola.

Benedict was met by a crowd of photographers and cameras as he stepped off the plane in Cameroon after ground crews struggled to place the aircraft's mobile staircase. Temperatures on the ground were 88 degrees Fahrenheit (31 Celsius) with high humidity.

Africa is the fastest-growing region for the Roman Catholic Church, though it competes with Islam and evangelical churches.

The pope also said Tuesday that he intends to make an appeal for "international solidarity" for Africa in the face of the global economic downturn.

He said that while the church does not propose specific economic solutions, it can give "spiritual and moral" suggestions.

Describing the current crisis as the consequence of "a deficit of ethics in economic structures," the pope said: "It is here that the church can make a contribution."

On the plane, Benedict also dismissed the notion that he was facing increasing opposition and isolation within the church, particularly after an outreach to ultraconservatives that led to his lifting the excommunication of a Holocaust-denying bishop.

"The myth of my solitude makes me laugh," the pope said, adding that he can count on a network of friends and aides whom he sees every day.

In a letter to Catholic bishops released last week, the pope made an unusual public acknowledgment of Vatican mistakes and turmoil in his church over the rehabilitation of Bishop Richard Williamson.

While acknowledging mistakes were made in handling the affair, Benedict said he was saddened that he was criticized "with open hostility" even by those who should have known better.

___

Associated Press Writer Krista Larson in Johannesburg contributed to this report.

Summers
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
This boggles my mind.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Everyone knows that even wearing a condom is not 100% effective against AIDS.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Leave it to the church to say "fuck people's well-being, do as we say". That is basically what those backward asses are saying. The condom is the most effective way to prevent the spread of desease through sex, barring abstinence. The church could be forward thinking and promote safe sex, but no. Same old bullshit.

Blake
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM

No need to wear one then.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:17 AM
No need to wear one then.

I didn't say that.

Summers
03-17-2009, 11:17 AM

99% effective is better than nothing.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Leave it to the church to say "fuck people's well-being, do as we say". That is basically what those backward asses are saying. The condom is the most effective way to prevent the spread of desease through sex, barring abstinence. The church could be forward thinking and promote safe sex, but no. Same old bullshit.

Abstinence IS the best prevention.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:18 AM
99% effective is better than nothing.

That is true but that 1% can still kill you, no?

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:19 AM
I know I'll be alone on this one and that is okay.

JudynTX
03-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Here we go again..... :lmao

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Here we go again..... :lmao

:lmao :bang

Summers
03-17-2009, 11:21 AM

But it's obviously not working, and I mean this is a respectful, non-anti-church way. The adults in Africa are dying; there are more than 20 million orphans who are running out of people to care for them. For the pope to make a moral point about something that could save lives is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. I think it's incredibly irresponsible of him.

Extra Stout
03-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Abstinence before marriage is the best and safest option to prevent unwanted pregnancies and disease.

If you fail to abstain, then at least use protection to minimize the chances of unwanted pregnancies and disease.

Under no circumstances have unprotected sex if there is any risk of unwanted pregnancies or disease.

What is wrong with communicating that message?

Mixability
03-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd prefer if he told his priests to abstain from little boys.

Blake
03-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I didn't say that.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say then.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Hey, Joe . . . you're Catholic right?

Aaaaaaand, just a couple of weeks ago you were bragging about having banged hundreds of chicks on all the continents when you were on your travels.

How'd abstinence work for ya'?

The truth is that abstinence is contrary to human behavior, human instinct if you will.

To say that it is the answer vs. AIDS is just the epitome if stupidity.

Blake
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
That is true but that 1% can still kill you, no?

so why wear one then?

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Abstinence before marriage is the best and safest option to prevent unwanted pregnancies and disease.

If you fail to abstain, then at least use protection to minimize the chances of unwanted pregnancies and disease.

Under no circumstances have unprotected sex if there is any risk of unwanted pregnancies or disease.

+1 I concur. Damn right I preach abstinence to my girls. Am I fooling myself? Probably but I have faith in them and hope that they make the right decisions.
I just don't care too much about how teen pregnancy has become so acceptable these days.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:26 AM
so why wear one then?

I never said don't wear one.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 11:27 AM

There's nothing wrong with that at all.

But, abstinence goes against human nature. So, saying that it's the only way to prevent disease is just wrong.

If you can abstain, fine. But, if you're like the rest of humanity and fail at abstaining from sex, condom use should be priority.

JudynTX
03-17-2009, 11:28 AM
:lmao :bang

Have fun! :wakeup

MaNuMaNiAc
03-17-2009, 11:29 AM

This part basically

"Instead, his opposition to condoms conveys that religious dogma is more important to him than the lives of Africans," said Hodes, head of policy, communication and research for the organization.

While she said the pope is correct that condoms are not the sole solution to Africa's AIDS epidemic, she said they are one of the very few HIV prevention mechanisms proven to work.

Abstinence is unrealistic. Anyone with any sense can see that. Condoms are a worthy compromise. The church should embrace it. Its the responsible thing to do.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
+1 I concur. Damn right I preach abstinence to my girls. Am I fooling myself? Probably but I have faith in them and hope that they make the right decisions.
I just don't care too much about how teen pregnancy has become so acceptable these days.

nobody is saying teen pregnancy should be acceptable :rolleyes

I'm not married, I have sex, I use condoms, I don't have a kid. Abstinence is NOT the only way, and to teach that condoms aren't effective is disingenuous.

Blake
03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I never said don't wear one.

You also haven't admitted that people should wear them to prevent the spread of aids.

What is the point of you saying that condoms are not 100% effective.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey, Joe . . . you're Catholic right?

Aaaaaaand, just a couple of weeks ago you were bragging about having banged hundreds of chicks on all the continents when you were on your travels.

How'd abstinence work for ya'?

The truth is that abstinence is contrary to human behavior, human instinct if you will.

To say that it is the answer vs. AIDS is just the epitome if stupidity.

I never said I was not a sinner because I am. I never got any woman pregnant and I did wear a rubber...most of the time. And IMO, abstinence is the BEST way to prevent AIDS and that is a simple fact. Call it stupid but it is a FACT.

Mrs.Roper
03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Abstinence is unrealistic. Anyone with any sense can see that.

I call BS!! Abstinence is very realistic!!

MaNuMaNiAc
03-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I never said I was not a sinner because I am. I never got any woman pregnant and I did wear a rubber...most of the time. And IMO, abstinence is the BEST way to prevent AIDS and that is a simple fact. Call it stupid but it is a FACT.

yeah, obviously... and locking youself up in your house and never coming out is that best way to avoid getting shot... doesn't mean its the best way to live.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:40 AM
You also haven't admitted that people should wear them to prevent the spread of aids.

What is the point of you saying that condoms are not 100% effective.

Okay, I admit that people should wear them. My point is that condoms are NOT 100% effective against the spread of STD's. That is all.
Of course I'd advise anyone who is engaging in sexual activity to use protection but I wouldn't tell that they are 100% safe because it isn't.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 11:41 AM
yeah, obviously... and locking youself up in your house and never coming out is that best way to avoid getting shot... doesn't mean its the best way to live.

I never said it was.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 11:43 AM

That's like saying that the best way to avoid getting a sunburn while at the beach is to stay home.

And, that's just fucking retarded.

Most humans, like you have admitted doing yourself, are going to fuck.

That's the bottom line.

And, since most humans fuck, it's important to advertise the use of condoms as the best solution.

That's all there is to it, Joe.

SpursWoman
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
But it's obviously not working, and I mean this is a respectful, non-anti-church way. The adults in Africa are dying; there are more than 20 million orphans who are running out of people to care for them. For the pope to make a moral point about something that could save lives is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. I think it's incredibly irresponsible of him.

:tu

CuckingFunt
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Any conversation about preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS that doesn't address the issues of IV drug use and rape (the latter is, to my understanding, a HUGE factor in the problem in Africa) is pointless.

Both condoms and abstinence are important, but assume that everyone is having consensual sex, which just isn't the case. It further stigmatizes AIDS as being an issue of personal responsibility, which compounds the difficulties people face when reporting their status. That stigma needs to go away.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Any conversation about preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS that doesn't address the issues of IV drug use and rape (the latter is, to my understanding, a HUGE factor in the problem in Africa) is pointless.

Both condoms and abstinence are important, but assume that everyone is having consensual sex, which just isn't the case. It further stigmatizes AIDS as being an issue of personal responsibility, which compounds the difficulties people face when reporting their status. That stigma needs to go away.

That's not the point to this thread, though.

This thread is about the Pope, who is the leader of millions of faithful believers, saying that abstinence is the only way to cure AIDS and that condoms are of no use.

That old fuck even said that condoms perpetuate AIDS.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

CuckingFunt
03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
That's not the point to this thread, though.

This thread is about the Pope, who is the leader of millions of faithful believers, saying that abstinence is the only way to cure AIDS and that condoms are of no use.

That old fuck even said that condoms perpetuate AIDS.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Oh, okay. A thread addressing the asinine statement that abstinence will magically cure AIDS isn't at all related to the stigma that infection is the direct result of acting irresponsibly? If you say so.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:13 PM
That's like saying that the best way to avoid getting a sunburn while at the beach is to stay home.

And, that's just fucking retarded.

Most humans, like you have admitted doing yourself, are going to fuck.

That's the bottom line.

And, since most humans fuck, it's important to advertise the use of condoms as the best solution.

That's all there is to it, Joe.

We just disagree is all. The BEST solution is abstinence. The Pope is stating facts and while I understand that abstinence is not a reality to many to say it cannot be done is , as you would put it "retarded".

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:14 PM

I concur.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh, okay. A thread addressing the asinine statement that abstinence will magically cure AIDS isn't at all related to the stigma that infection is the direct result of acting irresponsibly? If you say so.

Okay, let's make this about rape and not about what the original thread starter made it out to be.

Let's just do whatever you say because you feel an apparent need to feel better than anyone here.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:15 PM

I understand your point but I disagree.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Okay, let's make this about rape and not about what the original thread starter made it out to be.

Let's just do whatever you say because you feel an apparent need to feel better than anyone here.

Which can be said about all of us.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 12:17 PM
We just disagree is all. The BEST solution is abstinence. The Pope is stating facts and while I understand that abstinence is not a reality to many to say it cannot be done is , as you would put it "retarded".

You contradict yourslf.

If abstinence isn't a reality for many, just how the fuck can it be the best solution?

Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Dude, really, I know you have this Catholic need to defend your Chieftain, but defending abstinence is just flat out stupid.

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM

Well said.

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM

It's not working cause it's not being practiced

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
If abstinence isn't a reality for many, howcan it be the best solution?

Abstinence is the best solution. Whether or not people embrace it or not is a separate issue.

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
This has nothing to do with the thread.

Awesome avatar Trainwreck.

A kitten we cared for before he was adopted loved to watch television. Your avatar reminds me of him.

ploto
03-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Condoms in this case are not being used for birth control but for death control, so I respectfully disagree with the Pope.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Abstinence is the best solution. Whether or not people embrace it or not is a separate issue.

Angel, regardless of what you are made to believe, the entire world is not christian. There are other cultures and religions. And, there are also people that are areligious.

For these people, absitinence will do absolutely nothing. Condoms, however, can save thier lives.

JoeChalupa
It's not working cause it's not being practiced

+1

This hangs on our refrigerator.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/abstinence.jpg

Trainwreck2100
If abstinence isn't a reality for many, just how the fuck can it be the best solution?

That's like saying if smokers can't stop smoking they shouldn't be accountable when they get cancer.

Blue Jew
03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Joe you don't have to agree with 110% of what the Catholic's says you can question things, let lose that tight grip you have on the Pope's sac already. don't be so brain washed to the point you start to sound like Chris Duel defending TO every 30 seconds.

Get off your high horse and grow some pubes and say I don't agree with the Pope now and then. It will make you a better person.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
You contradict yourslf.

Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Dude, really, I know you have this Catholic need to defend your Chieftain, but defending abstinence is just flat out stupid.

No it isn't. To say it cannot be done is stupid and just plain, in your words, "retarded".

CuckingFunt
03-17-2009, 12:34 PM

I'm not at all attempting to make this a thread about rape. Nor do I feel/want to feel better than anyone here.

To my understanding, the point of this thread was to address the irresponsible comments made by the guy in the pointy hat. I absolutely agree with that aim. Furthermore, I absolutely agree with many of the posts that have already been made to that effect, including yours. I was merely pointing out another reason that the pope's comments could be seen as irresponsible.

Can we, just this once, try not to get derailed by whatever problems you have with me on a personal level? Please?

ploto
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
That's like saying if smokers can't stop smoking they shouldn't be accountable when they get cancer.

PLENTY of people have gotten AIDS by none of their own "wrong-doing." Ask monogamous women whose husbands gave it to them.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Joe you don't have to agree with 110% of what the Catholic's says you can question things, let lose that tight grip you have on the Pope's sac already. don't be so brain washed to the point you start to sound like Chris Duel defending TO every 30 seconds.

Get off your high horse and grow some pubes and say I don't agree with the Pope now and then. It will make you a better person.

I don't agree with everything the Pope says so STFU.

Chimp Pimp
03-17-2009, 12:36 PM
+1

This hangs on our refrigerator.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/abstinence.jpg

While this is under your bed!

http://www.mossonline.com/images/products/dutch_dildo_310.jpg

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
BRahahahahaha!!!! :lmao Better than the pickle under yours.

Blue Jew
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't agree with everything the Pope says so STFU.

Can you give an example?

SpursWoman
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM

Well, this issue is that these people are NOT abstaining and WILL not abstain, regardless of who tells them that's their best option. No one is arguing that it's not the best option.

But in reality it's NOT GONNA HAPPEN ... so it is imperative that you focus the NEXT BEST THING that will help prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy, which would be to wear a condom.

I really can't imagine that this is a hard concept to grasp. There's no way in the world you'll ever get people to quit having sex, regardless of the risk. The world and people aren't perfect, and to expect them to be as the only solution is about as ridiculous as anything I could ever imagine.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
No it isn't. To say it cannot be done is stupid and just plain, in your words, "retarded".

Did you abstain?

The answer is a resounding "NO".

And, that's that you're Catholic.

Now, you expect everyone else to do what you couldn't do?

God damn, Joe! You can't be this stupid.

Hustle & Flow
The Pope could say today wiping your ass after a dump is not necessary and tomorrow half this country would smell like shit!

Trainwreck2100
PLENTY of people have gotten AIDS by none of their own "wrong-doing." Ask monogamous women whose husbands gave it to them.

I'm sure monogamous men have gotten it from plenty of whoreass women as well. Now what you said had jackshit to with what i was responding to so try to read it again.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm not at all attempting to make this a thread about rape. Nor do I feel/want to feel better than anyone here.

To my understanding, the point of this thread was to address the irresponsible comments made by the guy in the pointy hat. I absolutely agree with that aim. Furthermore, I absolutely agree with many of the posts that have already been made to that effect, including yours. I was merely pointing out another reason that the pope's comments could be seen as irresponsible.

Can we, just this once, try not to get derailed by whatever problems you have with me on a personal level? Please?

Okay, rape is bad.

Can we go back the issue of abstinence?

CuckingFunt
03-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Okay, rape is bad.

Can we go back the issue of abstinence?

Sure we can.

My point is still valid: Preaching abstinence as a magical cure is foolish in that it assumes all cases of AIDS are the result of casual consensual encounters with infected partners.

Dude
03-17-2009, 12:45 PM

Remember your talking to a man who thinks hes going to heaven because he doesn't eat meat on Friday and puts out a cigarette on his forehead once a year. :lmao

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Well, this issue is that these people are NOT abstaining and WILL not abstain, regardless of who tells them that's their best option. No one is arguing that it's not the best option.

But in reality it's NOT GONNA HAPPEN ... so it is imperative that you focus the NEXT BEST THING that will help prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy, which would be to wear a condom.

I really can't imagine that this is a hard concept to grasp. There's no way in the world you'll ever get people to quit having sex, regardless of the risk. The world and people aren't perfect, and to expect them to be as the only solution is about as ridiculous as anything I could ever imagine.

But as the Pope it does and that my be a concept that is hard for some to grasp. I'm not saying he's perfect but he is coming from a different perspective. As a father I am pushing abstinence until marriage and although I know that it may not work out that way that is my stand. I'll support and love them no matter what and they know that.
I know I'm in the minority on this by a long shot and some, most will call me stupid or "retarded" and that is fine because that doesn't bother me.
I know I am NO better than anyone and don't mean to be on a "high horse". I'm a sinner through and through.

Extra Stout
03-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Abstaining from playing with fire is the surest way to keep from getting burned.

If you must play with fire, at least wear the proper personal protective equipment.

Under no circumstances go around playing with fire unprotected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fundamentalists: "Don't tell people about PPE. If you do, they'll surely play with fire. Besides, getting burned is God's judgment on them for playing with fire in the first place."

Secularists: "Look, the vast majority of people are going to play with fire. There's no point in even mentioning the idea of not playing with fire. Just give them the PPE and the matches and tell them to have fun and be safe."

ploto
03-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Why always the obsession with sins of a lustful nature? I know it is because they are easy to define in the sense of absolutes- don't have sex; don't be homosexual. Either you do it or not. Other sins seem to be harder to delineate- like greed or envy, but do just as great of damage.

All I know is having sex, even if you believe is not under the proper moral circumstances, is still not a sin for which you should have to die. Plus, in logical sense. If you are having sex, I highly doubt you care what the Pope thinks about condoms.

That's Funked Up
Okay, rape is bad.

Not always, sometimes bitches need to be taken down a peg or two.

Bigzax
To solve the AIDS epidemic in Africa, you need better security for the women and a cure for AIDS. Nothing less will solve the problem.

Everything else is just fluff and bullshit.

No matter who's mouth it comes from.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Remember your talking to a man who thinks hes going to heaven because he doesn't eat meat on Friday and puts out a cigarette on his forehead once a year. :lmao

:lmao:lmao

Pinche Mouse!!

This and the Blue Jew are fucking hilarious.

Spurminator
03-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Abstaining from playing with fire is the surest way to keep from getting burned.

If you must play with fire, at least wear the proper personal protective equipment.

Under no circumstances go around playing with fire unprotected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fundamentalists: "Don't tell people about PPE. If you do, they'll surely play with fire. Besides, getting burned is God's judgment on them for playing with fire in the first place."

Secularists: "Look, the vast majority of people are going to play with fire. There's no point in even mentioning the idea of not playing with fire. Just give them the PPE and the matches and tell them to have fun and be safe."

Yep.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Did you abstain?

The answer is a resounding "NO".

And, that's that you're Catholic.

Now, you expect everyone else to do what you couldn't do?

I already admitted that I didn't abstain and that I'm a sinner. And I'd never call you stupid because I know you are not but since I disagree with you I guess calling me stupid makes you feel better?

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Not always, sometimes bitches need to be taken down a peg or two.

:lmao

man on wire
To solve the AIDS epidemic in Africa, you need better security for the women and a cure for AIDS. Nothing less will solve the problem.

Is that the weed or the Prozac talking?

ploto

Part of my point, these women are often victims.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM

That's right. :tu

Trainwreck2100

There's actually a third solution (not abstinence)

JoeChalupa
:lmao:lmao

Pinche Mouse!!

This and the Blue Jew are fucking hilarious.

Mouse rules baby!!!! :lmao

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I already admitted that I didn't abstain and that I'm a sinner. And I'd never call you stupid because I know you are not but since I disagree with you I guess calling me stupid makes you feel better?

Joe, I'm calling you stupid because you're asking people to do what you readily could not do.

Maybe, instead of calling you stupid, I should just call you out for being a hypocrite.

CuckingFunt
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM

And education.

SpursWoman
03-17-2009, 12:55 PM
As a father I am pushing abstinence until marriage and although I know that it may not work out that way that is my stand. I'll support and love them no matter what and they know that.

So, if it doesn't work out the way you hope it does with your daughters, you don't think they should use a condom? I'm not sure what your argument is.

Again, no one is saying that abstinence isn't the best option. It just can't be the only option.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Joe, I'm calling you stupid because you're asking people to do what you readily could not do.

Maybe, instead of calling you stupid, I should just call you out for being a hypocrite.

The circumstances were different when I was young and fornicating all over the world. AIDS was not an issue. You call me what ever you want. It doesn't bother me because we are all hypocrites. I'm one content stupid, retarded and hypocritical dude who can live with it.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
So, if it doesn't work out the way you hope it does with your daughters, you don't think they should use a condom? I'm not sure what your argument is.

Again, no one is saying that abstinence isn't the best option. It just can't be the only option.

Of course they should insist their partner use a condom but I'm pushing abstinence and not condoms. We've had this discussion with my oldest in great detail and more than once. It is just that in my experience I've known too many who push condoms before abstinence is what I'm trying to say.
But I'm hypocritical so I can understand. :lol

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
The circumstances were different when I was young and fornicating all over the world. AIDS was not an issue. You call me what ever you want. It doesn't bother me because we are all hypocrites. I'm one content stupid, retarded and hypocritical dude who can live with it.

The circumstances are not different, Joe. There were plenty of other venerial diseases to choose from before AIDS. And, people are still young and fornicate all over the world.

There is no difference other than you want people to live in a way that you could not.

Mr Roper
03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
So, if it doesn't work out the way you hope it does with your daughters, you don't think they should use a condom?

Trust me let one of Joe's daughters bring a guy home that looks like this,

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/07/33/56/image_4856337.jpg

And you will see boxes of condoms fall from the sky! :lmao

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh well, time to get off my high horse and in no way do I think that my thinking is the best because I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong from time to time. But that is what I believe right now and I'll have to roll with what ever happens in the future.

Mr Roper
03-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh well, time to get off my high horse and in no way do I think that my thinking is the best because I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong from time to time. But that is what I believe right now and I'll have to roll with what ever happens in the future.

Come back later when you run out of weed!

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:05 PM
The circumstances are not different, Joe. There were plenty of other venerial diseases to choose from before AIDS. And, people are still young and fornicate all over the world.

There is no difference other than you want people to live in a way that you could not.

No, they were different as I see it. I'm not telling people to live the way I could not I'm saying that abstinence is the BEST way to prevent the spread of STD's. It really isn't that hard to comprehend.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Come back later when you run out of weed!

I don't have any weed. Unlike yourself I don't need it to post.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 01:07 PM
No, they were different as I see it. I'm not telling people to live the way I could not I'm saying that abstinence is the BEST way to prevent the spread of STD's. It really isn't that hard to comprehend.

It really isn't hard to comprehend that you couldn't do it at one point and that now you're an advocate for it.

Blake
The Pope is stating facts and while I understand that abstinence is not a reality to many to say it cannot be done is , as you would put it "retarded".

No, the pope really is not stating facts in regards to condoms.

Mr Roper
I'm saying that abstinence is the BEST way to prevent the spread of STD's. It really isn't that hard to comprehend.

abstinence can work if your married to an ugly woman.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:09 PM
It really isn't hard to comprehend that you couldn't do it at one point and that now you're an advocate for it.

Hey, I was abstained from sex for long periods of time. Believe me. There are plenty of things that I cannot do that I advocate.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
And the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round....

man on wire
03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't have any weed. Unlike yourself I don't need it to post.

That's if your not going to post anything interesting or funny.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:12 PM
That's if your not going to post anything interesting or funny.

Meh.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Okay, I've got to get back to work and I've had my ass handed to me by most in here. Well done.

MiamiHeat.
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm saying that abstinence is the BEST way

If abstinence is so popular with the Catholics then why do the priests need all those young boys?

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
But that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

MiamiHeat.
03-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Okay, I've got to get back to work and I've had my ass handed to me by most in here. Well done.

Which planned parenthood do you work at?

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey, I was abstained from sex for long periods of time. Believe me. There are plenty of things that I cannot do that I advocate.

You sure as hell weren't abstaining when you were banging thousands of girls from every country known to man as you claim you did.

But, you're catholic, and that means that you can sin as much as you want because on Sunday you go into a little box where a priest sits beside you while a little boy is tickling his asshole and he forgives you for everything you have done as long as you publicly proclaim your love for an old man in a pointy hat and condem others for doing what you just did all week long.

Blake
03-17-2009, 01:16 PM

really? so getting the entire African nation to abstain from sex in an effort to eliminate AIDS is possible?

I guess light speed travel is possible as well.......some day.....

I am Tom
03-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Joe Chalupa talking about abstinence is like Tpark doing a Slim fast infomercial.

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2009, 01:20 PM
You sure as hell weren't abstaining when you were banging thousands of girls from every country known to man as you claim you did.

But, you're catholic, and that means that you can sin as much as you want because on Sunday you go into a little box where a priest sits beside you while a little boy is tickling his asshole and he forgives you for everything you have done as long as you publicly proclaim your love for an old man in a pointy hat and condom others for doing what you just did all week long.

We actually don't proclaim our love for "the guy in the pointy hat" in the box, some people don't even use the box.

JoeChalupa

But, you're catholic, and that means that you can sin as much as you want because on Sunday you go into a little box where a priest sits beside you while a little boy is tickling his asshole and he forgives you for everything you have done as long as you publicly proclaim your love for an old man in a pointy hat and condem others for doing what you just did all week long.

Damn it, just when I think I'm out they pull me back in!!
I've heard all that before that is nothing new. :lmao

kid
Sunday you go into a little box where a priest sits beside you while a little boy is tickling his asshole

Rally? no wonder the church is packed!

JoeChalupa
Carry on. Perhaps my low standing in here has gone lower. Oh well.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Okay, now I really, do have to get back to work. Peace out.

Blake
03-17-2009, 01:22 PM

as long as you can live with it

JoeChalupa
I'll be back later with more stupid and retarded posts. :tu

JoeChalupa
as long as you can live with it

As my title says. :tu

Blake
Okay, now I really, do have to get back to work. Peace out.

what's the church's view on getting a vasectomy?

The Reckoning
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
condoms never really bothered me, but i cant see how a piece of latex can completely solve the problem. why can't the people with HIV take on moral responsibility to not have sex and pass it along? are we really throwing condoms at the people with HIV and telling them to have a go at it, or are we educating them of the risk they pose to somebody else?

JoeChalupa

cut!!!

Mixability
some people don't even use the box.

But if you do find yourself a willing "box", don't worry about using a condom.

The Reckoning
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM

its ok if for medical purposes.

kid
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM

This coming from a man who can't keep his hands off mouse's packaged?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/trollbladesofglory.gif

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2009, 01:25 PM
condoms never really bothered me, but i cant see how a piece of latex can completely solve the problem. why can't the people with HIV take on moral responsibility to not have sex and pass it along? are we really throwing condoms at the people with HIV and telling them to have a go at it, or are we educating them of the risk they pose to somebody else?

Yeah good luck getting someone with an std to not fuck.

The Reckoning
03-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah good luck getting someone with an std to not fuck.

so you say to drop sex education completely?

are africans animals or human beings?

i still support the distribution of condoms, but i think its bullshit that condoms should precede education.

kid
03-17-2009, 01:30 PM

Considering where you came from that is an improvement.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/joe-shit.jpg

Condemned 2 HelLA
03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
If abstinence is so popular with the Catholics then why do the priests need all those young boys?

Apparently, they took a vow to abstain from sexual contact with women.
Young boys are their loopholes.

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
so you say to drop sex education completely?

are africans animals or human beings?

i still support the distribution of condoms, but i think its bullshit that condoms should precede education.

Haven't you read the thread, humans are incapable of not fucking

I am Tom
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I actually believe Joe when he said he was abstinence all those years. And after looking at his photo I have come to the conclusion it was not by choice.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/gtggif.gif

TheMrPeanut
03-17-2009, 01:42 PM
joechalupa is clearly nuts. He's out busting nuts all over the world and then expects his daughters to be nuns.

David Bowie
03-17-2009, 01:56 PM

The chance of catching HIV from an infected partner during unprotected vaginal intercoourse is 1% . Condoms are 99% effective when used correctly. I am not a math whiz, but the chances of transferring HIV while wearing a condom seem extremly low. I still think that condoms are the best answer out there. THe government in most African countries is also a huge obsticale in this issue. The president of South Africa (which is one of the richest Countries in Africa) publicly states that AIDS simply does not exist.

I think that the government of each African Country should make the HIV/AIDS problem a priority and go from there, with condoms and sex education (not abstinance, because it's just not gonna happen) as being the solution.

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Angel, regardless of what you are made to believe, the entire world is not christian. There are other cultures and religions. And, there are also people that are areligious.

For these people, absitinence will do absolutely nothing. Condoms, however, can save thier lives.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Are you saying that condoms fully protect people from aids?

That is not a risk I am willing to take, personally.

I think the Pope is right in attempting to raise spiritual awareness across the board. Keep preaching abstinence.
A condom may be better than nothing, but it is by no means ideal, in my opinion.

I believe God reserves sex for a husband and wife not only for the couples pleasure but also for both parties' protection.

I realize that people get aids from things outside their control- such as dirty needles and rape/molestation.
But in those situations, responsible condom use is not something that comes into consideration.

Taco
03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Abstinence IS the best prevention. BTW I'm HORNY

Fixed :lol

Blake
03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe I misunderstood.

I dont think anyone said that.

we know

I think the Pope is right in attempting to raise spiritual awareness across the board. Keep preaching abstinence.
A condom may be better than nothing, but it is by no means ideal, in my opinion.

The Pope is not attempting to raise spiritual awareness. He is saying that distributing condoms actually makes matters worse.

I believe God reserves sex for a husband and wife not only for the couples pleasure but also for both parties' protection.

I realize that people get aids from things outside their control- such as dirty needles and rape/molestation.
But in those situations, responsible condom use is not something that comes into consideration.

So if you try to explain the necessity of abstinence to adult Africans and they tell you "no" to your face, will you just let them walk away and do their unprotected thing, or will you say "well, at least use a condom"....?

Richard Cranium
03-17-2009, 02:18 PM
When in heat cover your meat.

peewee's lovechild
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Maybe I misunderstood.

You're not fully understanding.

You're seeing things from a christian point of view. The whole world is not christian. Africa is a continent with diverging religious points of view, as well as aboriginal points of view.

Not everyone views and treats sex in a christian point of view.

Now, abstinence maybe right for you, because you have chosen to live in accordance to your spiritual beliefs. But, there are millions of others who do not share your point of view. And, these people chose to have sex on a regular basis.

These people need to be given the option to use condoms. They don't need to hear about abstinence because that does not concur with thier way of life.

And, since AIDS is extremely prevalent in their regions, condoms are essential to help stop the spread of AIDS.

Rape, incest, drug use . . . all of that is a different matter. We're talking about some old fart who dresses up like Liberace telling these people that condoms won't help them. In fact, he's telling them that it will make things worse.

And, that is just flat out wrong.

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
The Pope is not attempting to raise spiritual awareness. He is saying that distributing condoms actually makes matters worse.

If the effort only consist of/ ends with condom distribution, then I agree with the Pope.

So if you try to explain the necessity of abstinence to adult Africans and they tell you "no" to your face, will you just let them walk away and do their unprotected thing, or will you say "well, at least use a condom"....?

I would give them condoms rather than see disease spread, but I would continue my efforts to educate them about abstinence.

I like the way Salvation army handle things with their giving meals to hungry people.
They give needy people food, but they also preach to them every time too.

Mixability
03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
It doesn't matter, we're all going to hell.

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
It doesn't matter, we're all going to hell.

Not if God has His way. :)

You're all on His Most Wanted in Heaven list. :)

Mixability
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM

Oh shut the F up.

I'm sure God will send you straight down along with the rest of us.

You wanna know why?

Because I'm sure even the Almighty thinks you're annoying as F&@#!

:lol

Blake
03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
If the effort only consist of/ ends with condom distribution, then I agree with the Pope.

who said that the effort was strictly condom distribution?

You didn't really read the article.

You also have no clue about what the non profit orgs do over there.

I would give them condoms rather than see disease spread, but I would continue my efforts to educate them about abstinence.

I like the way Salvation army handle things with their giving meals to hungry people.
They give needy people food, but they also preach to them every time too.

Blake
03-17-2009, 02:43 PM

not the anti-christ, Obama.

God has already preordained his fate in a burning pit for eternity, so not even God can have God's way.

That sucks.

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh shut up.

I'm sure God will send you straight down along with the rest of us.

You wanna know why?

Because I'm sure even the Almighty thinks you're annoying as F&@#!

Thanks for that, Friend. :D

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
who said that the effort was strictly condom distribution?

I thought we were discussing the profitability of condoms, a discussion inspired by the Pope article but not restricted to it.

Also, when did I ever speak against non profit orgs?
If anything I showed my appreciation for such organizations with my compliments to the Salvation Army.

Mixability
03-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Based on this and your view on your abortion thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115077), Angel, I hereby donate my entire vbookie to the "Get Bo a vasectomy" fund. :toast

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Based on this and your view on your abortion thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115077), Angel, I hereby donate my entire vbookie to the "Get Bo a vasectomy" fund. :toast

Okay, but you should know I hope to adopt kids as well as have them myself.
I might be a foster parent too.

What now. Buddy? You are fresh out of funds. :lol

Mixability
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM
I might be a foster parent too.

What now. Buddy? You are fresh out of funds. :lol

Hopefully the kids without your genes will have the ability to also not share your views.

Ginobilly
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
abstinence could also mean having better sex education programs in Africa.
I'm not married, but I'm having sexual relations with my girlfriend. Before we engaged in sexual contact, we both agreed to take STD screens at a clinic.
Man, I couldn't wait to smash and eat that pussy and get my dick sucked. I came back negative for everything and the rest is history. Of all my 23 years of life, I've had the chance to fuck hot girls at parties, protected/unprotected sex, but I chose to refuse to submit to temptation which would probably would have resulted in an STD or unwanted pregnancy. I was even called gay by some of them because of my refusal to submit to them.(Your hot and all and I would like to fuck you but you look to trashy, so I gotta go with my gut feeling)
As my doctor would say: "If it smells bad it probably is bad".

Blake
03-17-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought we were discussing the profitability of condoms, a discussion inspired by the Pope article but not restricted to it.

um ok

Also, when did I ever speak against non profit orgs?
If anything I showed my appreciation for such organizations with my compliments to the Salvation Army.

I didn't say you spoke against non profits.

I said you have no clue what they do over there.

I don't think any rational person thinks that doing a flyover of Africa and parachuting down crates of Trojans is the whole answer.

Condoms is a small part of the solution. You won't wreck if you never get in a car, but if you have to put your sausage in the car, at least wear a seat belt.

That's all anyone is saying......

...except for the pope.

ploto
03-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Do people even know that for decades governments in Africa denied they even had AIDS there. I met someone almost 20 years ago who did medical work in Africa and they had to sneak out viles of blood to be tested for HIV because the government refused to allow it and to admit it was a problem. Out of the 10 they sent out, 6 were HIV positive. These people did not even know.

You have to understand the nature of the societies before you can pretend that preaching your viewpoint means anything to them. It is nice to live in your own world but if you have any intent of reaching others, you HAVE to get outside of that narrow view of the world and see it as others do or you have no context within which to address them.

biological clock
03-17-2009, 09:44 PM

Time is not on your side!

David Bowie
03-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Do people even know that for decades governments in Africa denied they even had AIDS there. I met someone almost 20 years ago who did medical work in Africa and they had to sneak out viles of blood to be tested for HIV because the government refused to allow it and to admit it was a problem. Out of the 10 they sent out, 6 were HIV positive. These people did not even know.

You have to understand the nature of the societies before you can pretend that preaching your viewpoint means anything to them. It is nice to live in your own world but if you have any intent of reaching others, you HAVE to get outside of that narrow view of the world and see it as others do or you have no context within which to address them.

I completly agree that the solution to whi problem should start at the top. The president of SOuth Africa is stil denying that AIDS exists or that it is related to HIV.

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Time is not on your side!

Who cares if time is on my side? God is. :)

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Who cares if time is on my side? God is. :)

No he's not.

You accused his favorite son of being the Anti-Christ.

He hates you now.

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
No he's not.

You accused his favorite son of being the Anti-Christ.

He hates you now.

I suggested, not accused.

And believe me, God is use to me being off base and incorrect, which I more than likely was in that case.

But no matter how goofy I get, God always loves me.
And nothing you suggest will ever convince me otherwise. :)

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I suggested, not accused.

And believe me, God is use to me being off base and incorrect, which I more than likely was in that case.

But no matter how goofy I get, God always loves me.
And nothing you suggest will ever convince me otherwise. :)

What if Bobby is the real Anti-Christ?

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
What if Bobby is the real Anti-Christ?

Well, Bo is brilliant, charming, charismatic, and really popular, but he also loves Jesus with all his heart so that last point disqualifies him. :)

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, Bo is brilliant, charming, charismatic, and really popular, but he also loves Jesus with all his heart so that last point disqualifies him. :)

The bible says the he will decieve everyone.

You've been decieved.

When you have your first kid with him, name him Damien. He will be a Hell Spawn.