PDA

View Full Version : Why the Hornets offense is stagnant

Pelicans78
03-17-2009, 10:53 AM
David West. Why? He holds the ball too long on offense and always tries to make something out of nothing? When he first started with CP3, he always used to make the open 17-18 ft jumper or pass the ball quickly if he wasn't open and set screens for others and rebound. Now, he actually believes he has to do more so if the jumpshot is not there, he will try to drive to the basket or back his defender down and he rarely succeeds. Plus, he's a poor passer out of the paint. The shotclock always run down to 5 secs before the ball leaves his hand. His style of play led me to want to trade him to Cleveland for Varejao and Pavlovic. Our defense and rebounding would improve and he would have more ball movement on offense and more energy throughout the game. What West needs to do is focus on being a jumpshooter and keep the ball moving if the shot is not there so he can focus on setting screens and getting more open looks for other players.

Matchman
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
cuz u are missing peja to space the floor

sook
03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
alley oops to chandler

Pelicans78
03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
But Peja's game suffers with West on the floor. He rarely gets good lucks on the half court game and needs transition opportunities with CP3 to get open looks.

Allanon
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
David West is one of those rare players that can hurt his team even while putting up 20 points and 9 rebounds.

lil_penny
03-17-2009, 11:08 AM
David West is one of those rare players that can hurt his team even while putting up 20 points and 9 rebounds.

the corey maggette syndrome

confined
03-17-2009, 11:09 AM
:lol @ David West being an all-star

Ghazi
03-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Not only David WEst, Tyson Chandler. He sucks and isn't a go to guy on the blocks, taking away a dimension from the offense.

Not only Chandler but the wings. Peja and Butler suck and can't get to the rim and are nothing more than bullshit jump shooters.

All 4 of these players aren't great passers either so of course the ball stops when it's in their hands. CP3 leads the league in assists yet the Hornets are in the bottom half of teams as far as assists per game.

I guess they really must miss Jannero mutha fuckin Pargo huh? :lol. Offense off the bench is offense off the bench.

They were 4th in offensive efficiency last year this year they're 9th right now.

sook
03-17-2009, 11:24 AM
:lol @ David West being an all-star

over 30/20 al jefferson

sribb43
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
a cure for the Hornets offense is to play the Mavs on a nightly basis

Pelicans78
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Not only David WEst, Tyson Chandler. He sucks and isn't a go to guy on the blocks, taking away a dimension from the offense.

Not only Chandler but the wings. Peja and Butler suck and can't get to the rim and are nothing more than bullshit jump shooters.

All 4 of these players aren't great passers either so of course the ball stops when it's in their hands. CP3 leads the league in assists yet the Hornets are in the bottom half of teams as far as assists per game.

I guess they really must miss Jannero mutha fuckin Pargo huh? :lol. Offense off the bench is offense off the bench.

They were 4th in offensive efficiency last year this year they're 9th right now.

But Chandler excepts his role as a guy who sets screens and stays around the paint. He doesn't try to do too much. Butler also knows his role too. Peja is better moving without the ball and needs good ball movement to succeed. All we need to do is run our Princeton offnese like we used too instead of trying to isolate West one-on-one. Let CP3 breakdown defenses and either make layups, hit chandler for open dunks, find someone backdoor for layups, or find a wide open 3-point shooter. West needs to stop dominating the ball so much and let CP3 create for everyone else on every possession. Also, we need to improve our defense so we can have more transition opportunities.

Pelicans78
03-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Also, after signing Posey, we couldn't afford Pargo. The Posey signing was great earlier in the year, but he has definitely stalled. He doesn't seem too motivated right now except when we play the Lakers.

dirk4mvp
03-17-2009, 12:20 PM
West is no J.J. Hickson that's for sure.

BRHornet45
03-17-2009, 12:55 PM
sons David West is one of those players who at the end of the day will have pretty stats, but he had next to NO impact on the result of the game whatsoever (aka Josh Howard, etc.). I will give him props for crashing the boards more lately, but as a result his scoring has gone down tremendously over the last 4-5 games. He is too concerned with whining to the refs instead of hustling for the ball and his defense is a fucking joke. The Hornets really need to consider getting him into some anger management classes during the off season because his attitude is effecting not just his play, but the entire team.

BRHornet45
03-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Also, after signing Posey, we couldn't afford Pargo. The Posey signing was great earlier in the year, but he has definitely stalled. He doesn't seem too motivated right now except when we play the Lakers.

and no one else in the NBA would pay Pargo the stupid money that he wanted either .... so he fucked himself and went to Russia where they are halfass paying him lol

BRHornet45
03-17-2009, 12:58 PM

co-signed

sook
03-17-2009, 12:59 PM
BR, were you at the game?

BRHornet45
03-17-2009, 01:00 PM
BR, were you at the game?

son yes I was. it was truly a pathetic site.

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks, we were wondering why you were absent last night.

sook
03-17-2009, 01:06 PM

yea lol i was scanning the crowd to look for your avatar :toast:lol

BRHornet45
03-17-2009, 01:11 PM
yea lol i was scanning the crowd to look for your avatar :toast:lol

son everyone man can only DREAM of looking like the honorable Pastor/Doctor James David Manning.

sook
03-17-2009, 01:12 PM
son everyone man can only DREAM of looking like the honorable Pastor/Doctor James David Manning.

:rollin:rollin

BRHornet45
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks, we were wondering why you were absent last night.

yea son I ended up just going to bed once I got home. I was annoyed at the Hornets for playing like true sissy little cuckolds (other than Paul as usual), but it made me feel better knowing that the Thunder dick whipped the Spurs ....