PDA

View Full Version : TP's interview: « Popovich trusts me »

kace
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
i post this french interview of TP, even if nothing really new in it.

http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=255

« Popovich trusts me »

Tony, how do you analyze these past two weeks ?

I am rather satisfied as we are still in the second place of the Conference. The most important is to keep this place as it will allow us home field advantage until the Conference final. Of course our loss against the Lakers hurt us a bit but we still managed to learn a lot throughout this game. Now all we have to do is wait for Manu’s return and for Drew Gooden to find us marks in our team.

Drew Gooden’s arrival could be beneficial during the playoffs…

He is a solid player who could bring us a lot. Against Houston he has had a very good game with 13 points and 4 rebounds in 15 minutes only. He is the type of player capable of doing the dirty work, grab rebounds and score baskets with hid mid-range shoot. Now we will have to wait and see how he will adapt. He has to find his rhythm and manage to get in the rotation that is already well tuned.

On a personal note, you are averaging 26 points and 7 assists over the past eleven games. You have a new dimension in this Spurs’ team.

I feel great and am in a good rhythm. What is great is that Gregg Popovich trusts me and calls a lot of systems for me in the last quarter of the games. With Manu being away and Tim’s (Duncan) small injuries I am under the obligation to be aggressive. For a month now I am trying to give my best and I have to carry the team to make sure that we will retain this second place ahead of the playoffs.

DPG21920
03-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Tony has played about as good as a player can in the past month. Hopefully he can keep it up and no wear himself out. The Spurs need him right now more than ever, and I for one am glad we have him :tu

xtremesteven33
03-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Sean Elliott last night said he has been the MVP of this Spurs team this year.

crc21209
03-17-2009, 01:11 PM
If Manu can come back healthy and this team goes into the Playoffs healthy and ready, I think these playoffs will be owned by TP the same way Manu took over them in 05'. Just a feeling I have...It's TP's turn...

silverblackfan
03-17-2009, 02:36 PM
If Manu can come back healthy and this team goes into the Playoffs healthy and ready, I think these playoffs will be owned by TP the same way Manu took over them in 05'. Just a feeling I have...It's TP's turn...

Yeah, I am starting to get that same feeling. Tony is getting pretty good at 'turning on the switch' to score at will.