PDA

View Full Version : TOP 10 Most hated NBA players (2 Spurs inside)

kace
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.bustabucket.com/20090316282/articles/march-2009/top-10-most-hated-nba-players.html ( PICS INSIDE)

10. Zach Randolph. All kinds of double double talent but his behavior was despised in Portland. His attitude and off the court antics landed him in New York for small returns. Now he finds himself playing only for money and his Hoops Family in Clipperland.

9. Paul Pierce. Perennial loser in Boston until Danny Ainge made a deal with the Devil to bring in Allen and Garnett. From chirping at opponents to an overly cocky demeanor Paul Pierce is easy to hate. Don from With Malice summed it up best with this, "I mean... a wheelchair?"

8. Manu Ginobili. Manu represents all of the Euro transplants who defy gravity with their ridiculous flopping abilities and their incessant complaining. We've all grown to hate him over the years as the Spurs won NBA titles. If only the league would crack down on soccer style antics, what would Ginobili do?

7. Kevin Garnett. For years KG took pity from NBA fans who saw his situation in Minnesota as a dead end. After Danny Ainge lost out on a top pick in the 2007 draft he quickly went to work and acquired KG. Soon enough Garnett became a bully in Boston. The yelling and taunting was now just over the top. Then after the championship things really got out of hand. Just ask Jerryd Bayless or Jose Calderon.

6. Carlos Boozer. After a shady exit from Cleveland a few years back, and talk of him being a malcontent in Utah, it's no wonder so many people dislike Boozer. Perhaps Boozer is just a scapegoat for Jazz haters. Either way there is a feeling that nobody seems to like this guy. Is it the Duke Alumni thing?

5. Ricky Davis. Extremely easy guy to hate here. First and foremost, trying to get a triple double by purposely clanking it off your own hoop? Maybe for me as a Blazer fan it was him calling our players cockroaches. Well congratulations Ricky "The Rat" Davis, you made it in the top 5.

4. Bruce Bowen. Another player who is hated for his rings just as much as his style of play. Bowen made a living off of physical frustrating defense. Many of us hate him for his complaining and association with the dreaded Spurs. I seem to recall quite a few dirty plays as well, like a kick to Amare Stoudemire or anything else he could muster up without the referees seeing.

3. Stephon Marbury. Stephon freaking Marbury. A basketball cancer at its highest level. No matter where he goes the team fails. Is it because he's the ultimate me-first guy? Maybe it was the smugness he exuded on the sideline in New York as he ran a coach out of town and destroyed a franchise. The best part? He's on the Celtics now, even more reason to dislike this guy.

2. Shaquille O'Neal. The big Aristotle may be loved by some but he is despised by so many others. His antics can be deemed as funny and disrespectful at the same time. His parting in LA left Jonathon of The Lakers Nation to share, "What can I say? the man has burnt a lot of bridges." So LA, Miami, and many of his opponents don't like him. Perhaps this is where Shaq would say, Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me?

1. Kobe Bryant. Our number one most hated NBA player. His talent is unquestionable, but with that talent he's brought the cocky attitude that many have grown to hate. He also somehow has spawned a legion of annoying Kobe fans who litter NBA arenas with their homemade T-shirts and blasphemous personas. Of course there was also the trials in Colorado which forever tarnished his image. What ever the case may be, Kobe is hated by many and loved by few.

Also receiving votes but missing out on the top 10 included; Matt Harpring, Sasha Vujacic, Kendrick Perkins, & JR Smith.

Thanks again to everyone who participated, this was fun!

well, nothing new about Bruce, we all knew that. for manu, it should be a mix between his (largely unfair) flopping reputation and his will to win than can annoys some opposite fans (and that should be considered like a compliment indeed)

anayway, KG at 7 is really unfair. he should be the MVP here. not even close IMO.

FromWayDowntown
03-17-2009, 01:16 PM
If only the league would crack down on soccer style antics, what would Ginobili do?

Hmmm. Continue to kick asses and break hearts the way he has since 2002-03, I think.

The notion that flopping made Manu a great player is laughable -- it's actually absurd.

smeagol
03-17-2009, 01:20 PM
No Jason Terry?

xtremesteven33
03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Ginobili doesnt flop more than Pierce or even Wade.

kace
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.bustabucket.com/images/stories/bowen%20magneto.jpg

http://www.bustabucket.com/images/stories/manu-riddler.jpg

Spursmania
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Consider the source of who wrote the article.

Duncan74
03-17-2009, 01:37 PM
lol I agree with the #1 pick!

BigVee
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
That is such old news about Manu. If you have watched him through the years, he doesn't "exaggerate" contact nearly as much as he used to. When you talk about current "floppers" he shouldn't even be in the conversation.

stretch
03-17-2009, 01:42 PM
No Jason Terry?

thats only spurs fans. a lot of people actually like the guy.

sook
03-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Anderson Verajao? AK? Jason Terry? Maggette? Tyson Chandler? David West?

romain.star
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
no iverson???????????????

Stump
03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I'd think Josh Howard should atleast be an honorable mention. And what about T-mac?

NBAdime
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Kobe being the most hated sounds about right to me.

MoSpur
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
David West would be on my list. Dude always looks mad and whines. Put CP3 in that mix as well.

angel_luv
03-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Most hated by who??
Since I was not polled, I will post my opinions here.

10. Zach Randolph. - Don't have any dislike towards him.

9. Paul Pierce. - Not a fan, but don't despise him either. Whatever :loser

8. Manu Ginobili. - People only hate that he is not on their team.

7. Kevin Garnett- Strongly dislike but don't care enough to foster feeling.

6. Carlos Boozer. Don't have any dislike towards him.

5. Ricky Davis. Don't have any dislike towards him.

4. Bruce Bowen. - Guess they polled Ray Allen for this one.

3. Stephon Marbury. Don't have any dislike towards him.

2. Shaquille O'Neal. Strongly dislike but don't care enough to foster feeling. Whatever :loser

1. Kobe Bryant. - Him I do despise- but so much so that I never give him a second thought. He is not worth the energy. Whatever :loser :loser :loser

Matt Harpring, Don't have any dislike towards him.
Sasha Vujacic, - Don't have any dislike towards him.
Kendrick Perkins, - Who?
& JR Smith.Don't have any dislike towards him.

DarrinS
03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Totally agree with #1 on that list.

Ray Allen doesn't crack the top ten? That way, Boston's big-3 would all be on the list.

EDIT> Oh, and add CP3 to the list. Barrel-rollin little beeotch.

NBAdime
03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Ray Allen is actually a nice guy and possibly the only person wearing the Celtics jersey that isn't a douche.

manubili
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
It seems to be that winning rings is the best you can do to be hated.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, Ray Allen's really only been a bitch towards Bruce Bowen. I can't really think of any other shit he's pulled. Pierce and Garnett's resumes speak for themselves.

And a big +1 to putting Varejao on that list. He pouted and held out for a contract that anyone with a brain in their head knew he didn't deserve. He's the worst flopper in the NBA today. No respectable big man should fall down that damn much. And he pisses and moans at every call that goes against him.

xtremesteven33
03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Most hated by who??

2. Shaquille O'Neal. Strongly dislike but don't care enough to foster feeling. Whatever :loser

1. Kobe Bryant. - Him I do despise- but so much so that I never give him a second thought. He is not worth the energy. Whatever :loser :loser :loser

Kendrick Perkins, - Who?

haha ur cute :lol

SenorSpur
03-17-2009, 03:11 PM
No Jason Terry?

I was thinking the same thing. The list wouldn't be complete with Turtle "shithead".

Mal
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Varejao ? Nowitzki ? Josh Howard ? Barbosa ? Nash ? Crawford ? Murphy ? Jack ? TJ Ford ? Caron Butler ?

NBAdime
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Barbosa is mad sweet! And he has that fresh off the boat vibe about him.

AussieFanKurt
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
If the NBA refs are stupid enough to fall for flops
then blame then
its pretty fucking obvious when someone flops

sananspursfan21
03-17-2009, 03:33 PM
that list sucks!!! what about ron artest? derek fisher? t-mac? vince carter? whoever made that list is missing some guys...

kace
03-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Most hated by who??

With the playoffs drawing near and games increasing with intensity, what better time then now to unveil the bloggers top 10 most hated NBA Players? We at Bust a Bucket used a very advanced method of basketball calculations to find out exactly who the top 10 players were.

I'm kidding, I wouldn't know the first thing about real basketball math. The truth is, we got the opinions of 24 bloggers across the blogosphere who shared their most hated guys with us. We used their lists to come up with one master list of NBA villians.

I'd like to start off by thanking all of the websites who helped us complete the list:

Empty The Bench, The Dream Shake, Hornets 24/7, The Lakers Nation, Hoops Addict, Raptors HQ, Rushing To Judgment, The Nats Blog, T-Wolves Blog, 3 Shades of Blue, Curse of Cleveland, Points in the Paint, With Malice, Hoop Heads North, Blue Blitz, A Stern Warning, Blazer's Edge, Need 4 Sheed, The Strap, 2nd Round Reach, Bright Side of the Sun, & CDub. We had a great response and even had a couple people each from a handful of the websites. Let's get to the list!

very true.

there are 15 rings for all these 10 players if i count it well. Sweetest way to be hated indeed. but still, you'll never see Tim in this kind of list, for whatever reason.

Spur-Addict
03-17-2009, 05:36 PM
lol I agree with the #1 pick!

As do I.
---------

I'm also suprised there was mention of Matt Harpring. I personally like Harprings game and persona. Players who love the physical type of game always get the ok from me, most of the time.

I like Ray Allen as well. Despite his issues with Bowen, I enjoy how he plays, and his persona. Additionally, Allen is enjoyable because he gives Kobe fits all the time. I remember him playing with Seattle a few seasons back, and really going at Kobe.

He doesn't bow to people, and that is something I can respect. He plays like a professional, unless it's versus Bruce. :lol

He seems like a cool person as well. He seems like a clean cut, laid back person.

50Bestspurever
03-17-2009, 10:34 PM

Exactly!!! More than half these players on the list have :lobt2:. Haters

Allanon
03-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Why America Hates the Lakers (http://thoughtsfromthejockstrap.com/articles-2009/february/why-america-hates-the-lakers.html)

Not everyone hates the Lakers. Just most everyone. The Lakers are kind of like the NBA's version of the Yankees-they have the most fans, but are also the most hated, by far, of the league's teams. The reasons are many, but here are the top 5:

5. The Name: Let's face it: Lakers is about as bad of a geographical/cultural mismatch as you can get for a team in Los Angeles. Okay, Utah Jazz is worse, but just barely. This is a very minor reason for hating these guys, but really they should change that name. It is insipid, and makes no sense at all. Another thing that chaps me: If a team decides to relocate, it isn't the same team anymore, and therefore shouldn't claim the Championships it won in the past town. So in my book, LA has 9 Championships to Bostons 17. You've got a lot longer way to go than you think to reach the summit in my book, L.A. fan.

4. The Coaches: When I say coaches, two names come to mind, and you know who they are: Pat Riley and Phil Jackson. How could you not hate these guys? Pat with his slicked back greaser hair and his Armani suits, coining and actually trademarking the term "threepeat" (lame), and just overall being that kind of creepy, shady guy that you know could probably steal your girlfriend, use her, and leave her broken, just to say he did it. (Think Rob Lowe in Wayne's World.) And Phil, with all of his "Zen" crap-o-la. (no problem with Zen, but what does it really have to do with coaching basketball.) Oh, Phil just sits there smugly, whining about the refs and how bad his team got it after Kobe Bryant shot 25 free throws against your team. Cry me a river, Phil.

3. The Location/Fans: There's just something about L.A. and the people who live there that rub everybody else the wrong way. We know the weather is perfect. We know that all the stars from Hollywood will be at the game. Are we jealous? Probably. But for some reason, seeing Jack Nicholson sitting court side, yelling at the refs just blows. I don't care if Robert Downey Jr is coked-up at the game, or if Diane Cannon is looking 85 years old while rooting for the Lake Show. And I don't care if it never rains in southern California. I couldn't care less that Disneyland is in your backyard. Enjoy the smog.

2. The Players: This part of the hatred of L.A. has really gotten worse the last few years. The 80's teams were flamboyant and a little overbearing with all the "Showtime" grab-assing, but for the most part, the players themselves weren't all that hated. I mean, James Worthy even paid for some whores one time at the All-Start game in Houston. A real salt-of-the-earth move by Big Game James. But not the current incarnation of the Lakers. Their roster is riddled with hateable players:

Kobe Bryant: The cockiest in the league. Yells at his own team. Possible rapist. Speaks Italian. Jumped a car. He just seems like a major jerk.

Jordan Farmar: Ears like Dumbo. Never done anything besides be a decent backup, but struts around like he's the Queen of Spain. Not unlike Damon Jones.

Derek Fisher: Must have naked pictures of every ref in the league. Gets away with murder at the end of games, even playoff games. (remember Brent Barry, Spurs Fan?) Major flop-artist. Sketchy ending to his Jazz career. A little too buff.

Pau Gasol: Has one of the worst "Euro-Faces" ever. After every made basket, has an orgasm of joy and yells "Let's Go!" I'm not kidding. After EVERY basket. After every missed basket, cries and whines like someone just crapped on his pillow.

Sasha Vujacic: Calls himself the machine. 'Nuff said.

1. The Winning: Ok. The number one reason America hates the Lakers is because they always win. Always. Even when they are down (think Cedric Ceballos as your main player), you know they are just a year away from signing the best player because every player wants to live in LA, and be on the biggest stage in the NBA. The Lakers have the highest winning percentage of all time. They should buy the "Just Win, Baby" slogan off of Raider's owner Al Davis, because Lord knows he won't be needing it any time soon.

In the end America hates the Lakers because of their winning history, their great players and coaches, and the fact that LA is a great town anybody would love to live in. America hates the Lakers out of jealousy.

greyforest
03-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Most hated by who??

Kendrick Perkins, - Who?

angel luv doesnt hate anybody and is not qualified to make a 10 most hated list

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-17-2009, 11:30 PM
That is such old news about Manu. If you have watched him through the years, he doesn't "exaggerate" contact nearly as much as he used to. When you talk about current "floppers" he shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Exactly. And he rarely complains either.

Just another tool who doesn't know shit about his subject. :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
03-17-2009, 11:35 PM
angel luv doesnt hate anybody and is not qualified to make a 10 most hated list

+1

She's completely unqualified to comment on this simply because she's too nice.

SouthTexasRancher
03-18-2009, 12:26 AM
http://www.bustabucket.com/20090316282/articles/march-2009/top-10-most-hated-nba-players.html ( PICS INSIDE)

well, nothing new about Bruce, we all knew that. for manu, it should be a mix between his (largely unfair) flopping reputation and his will to win than can annoys some opposite fans (and that should be considered like a compliment indeed)

anayway, KG at 7 is really unfair. he should be the MVP here. not even close IMO.

That dumbASS website is a joke! That goofball didn't even include Sean Elliott after he stuck a dagger in Portland's hearts as we went on to win the 1st NBA Championship. That tells me they shouldn't allow Trailblazer fans near a computer.

timtonymanu
03-18-2009, 12:27 AM
where's Chris Paul? that dude's a bigger bitch than anyone on the court.

timtonymanu
03-18-2009, 01:25 AM
10. Zach Randolph - yeah he's a douche but he hasnt done anything to the Spurs yet. Dont mind him.

9. Paul Pierce - He needs to be higher. He suddenly so cocky now that he was given two guys on his team for free. Actually the whole Celtics team except Ray Allen needs to be on this list. They're all arrogant.

8. Manu - Obviously I'm a homer so I can't put him on this list. Yes he may piss off non-Spurs fans cause he "flops", but he does not complain about calls.

7. KG - needs to be in the top 5. It's quite obvious why.

6. Boozer - I don't know much about him. Why exactly is he hated?

5. Ricky Davis - He's been a douche his whole career that I don't dislike him. Im use to it.

4. Bruce Bowen - Just like Manu, I cant put him here. Obviously he's on here cause of his dirty rep. At least he's a classy/funny guy off the court.

3. Marbury - just like Ricky Davis, i dont dislike him. His rep is actually funny cause he's such an idiot.

2. Shaq - This is where I would put him. I can't believe a 37 year old man with kids is so childish. Yes he's funny, but his act got old 500 years ago.

1. Kobe - I dont dislike him so much, but I dont understand why he has so much fans. Other than him being a fun player to watch, his attitude is a huge letdown.

CP3, David West, Stackhouse, Terry, Varejao, Artest, Carter, and Arenas. They were robbed a spot on the most hated list. lol.

Vujacic sucks too. Don't mind Harpring. Perkins sucks too. JR Smith isnt bad.

wijayas
03-18-2009, 05:17 AM

KG is right where he belongs! If it were me, #1 is KObe, #2 is KG.

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Kobes ball dance makes him automatically one

Chieflion
03-18-2009, 07:50 AM
6. Boozer - I don't know much about him. Why exactly is he hated?
Boozer is famous for jumping ship from the Cavs to the Jazz. He had a 2nd rounder salary and asked for a raise from Cleveland to the MLE, promised the Cavs he would resign at the MLE but jumped ship to Utah after they offered a lucrative contract. NBA 2k9 also recognises this and gives a "not loyal" on his player card.

Elton Brand did the same thing too. I wonder why he went to the Sixers. He does not fit the scheme there anyway.

urunobili
03-18-2009, 08:00 AM
can I contribute to my friend's smeagol and SenorSpur nomination?... where in the fuck is Jason Terry?
It seems America actually IS rotten... they hate classy people and get motivated by ENVY to select the players.. and high profile pricks like him get none of the hate? I don't like what i see... hopeless

SenorSpur
03-18-2009, 09:37 AM
chris fall adn david west would be on my list along with the paper airplane jt.

+1