PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Spurs Fans

TheChillFactor
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Allow myself to introduce.........myself.

I just joined the forum a couple of days ago. I'm a lifelong Spurs fan who's lived through the ups and the downs, cursing the hell out of the TV most of the time. I'm a native San Antonian who lives in Dallas, but I watch every game on league pass and still get to a couple of games every year. Among my qualifications as a Spurs fan:

Saw a game with Gervin at Hemisfair when I was a kid.
Remember that sinking feeling when Portland scored 50 points on us in the first quarter of game 1 in 1990.
I still hate Rod Strickland for that damned behind the back pass.
I know all the words to the Fast Breakin' Fiesta song and the Spurs Midnight Basketball rap and "This is How We Do It" (the Spurs version)
Yelled "Is it too late Iceman???" at Gervin when I saw him at Northstar mall when I was in high school. He responded by glaring at me.
Talked to Rodman on St. Mary's street one night. Kind of a funny story behind it that I won't get into now.
Got soaked during the infamous water canon incident in 1994. after the game I led a chant of "Bob Hill sucks" in the Alamodome hallway in response to Rodman being suspended for the game.
Dated a Silver Dancer during Duncan's rookie year, allowing me to attend every game. :king
Was at the two finals games in '99, the memorial day miracle, games 2 and 6 in '03.
Have been known to go entirely too far and make it too personal when arguing about the Spurs. I was on a plane right before game 7 in 2005 and almost punched this little asian dude that said that the spurs weren't as tough as the pistons and there's no way they'd win. by chance i saw that same guy at the airport like 6 months later, remembered him, and reminded him of his take. he wasn't very receptive to the conversation.

I have like 15 other things that come to mind, but enough about me. I look forward to talking Spurs with you guys. Some of you may know me already, I recognize some names from another board.

duncan228
03-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the board. That's a great list of Spurs experiences.

SenorSpur
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Welcome Chill.

Enjoyed the personal tidbits. Keep 'em coming.

You sound a bit like me. Native San Antonian living in Mavs land and a LP subscriber.

PDXSpursFan
03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Welcome to the only troll-free Spurs forum :rolleyes

TheChillFactor
03-17-2009, 03:43 PM
thanks guys.

oh yeah one more thing:

i was at game 6 vs. dallas in 2006. right after we lost, there were a bunch of mavs fans in the hallway talking smack. so literally 5 minutes after we lost, i started leading a chant of deee-troit-bas-ket-ball clap-clap-clap-clap-clap yelling right at the Dallas fans. Then I started yelling about how I couldn't wait 'til rasheed destroyed dirk.

Of course they wound up not even playing Detroit. I just wanted to rain on their parade a little bit. :)

easy7
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Welcome chill...

TDMVPDPOY
03-17-2009, 03:49 PM
every new member has to go through me

so heads down bums up :D

TheChillFactor
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM

:wow

in that case maybe i'll just go back to spursreport and we can call it even.

crc21209
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Welcome Chill. :toast. You sure have a good amount of Spurs experiences, I especially liked the one about dating the Silver Dancer, you lucky ass..:lol. Welcome to the board, and get ready for the stretch run! :flag:

MateoNeygro
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Good shit ChillFactor. Welcome to Spurstalk.

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
:wow

in that case maybe i'll just go back to spursreport and we can call it even.

:wow Never mention that place around here.

MateoNeygro
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I went to highschool with a current Silver Dancer. Yasmeen. I also sat next to Vinny Del Negro's wife at one game I was like 8, and she had the most giant ring I've ever seen. Does anyone care? Oh well.

JudynTX
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Welcome Chill. You know me - wink wink

:D

slayermin
03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Yo. What up, man? Glad to see you finally signed up here.

sananspursfan21
03-17-2009, 04:27 PM
wow, well qualified haha! welcome!

ManuTP9
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
welcome man

CubanMustGo
03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Good first post, welcome from one old time fan to another.

Spursfan092120
03-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Welcome.....damnit welcome... :)

DisAsTerBot
03-17-2009, 04:48 PM
"This is how we SHOOT it".......that was soooooo absurd

sonic21
03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
welcome Chill

TheChillFactor
03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
thanks for the welcomes. it's good to see some familiar faces - panda and slayermin!

Malice
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Yo. What up, man? Glad to see you finally signed up here.

O snap! Slayermin! Remember the GTG in Santa Monica? Wow, good memories dude! Just found this place a few months ago myself. Hardly have time for post of course...:wakeup

I. Hustle
03-17-2009, 05:24 PM
I was there in '94 as well during the water canon deal but I was on the other side laughing.

Spursmania
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Welcome Chill. You know me - wink wink

:D

Welcome Chill!:toast

By the way Panda Spur, I love cats and that cat video you have is hilarious!:lol

baseline bum
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Damn, and you broke up with that chick before the 99 season?

Technique
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Some of that seems a little far fetched to me. You met an Asian dude in a plane and were arguing over the finals then you see him again 6 months later in the air port so you walk up to him and tell him whats up? Lol. Okay...

Brazil
03-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Welcome Chill.
I've dated once a girl in Paris whose job was to organize the logistic stuff for the silver dancers. I innocently believed that it would allow me to meet silver dancers and players, result : zero nada rien que dalle, useless date. :)

DeadlyDynasty
03-17-2009, 06:04 PM

that must be San Antonio's equivalent of a hand-shake greeting:wow

NBAdime
03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey! I'm also new, well not quite. But nobody really notices me so yeah I'm new!

timvp
03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Welcome.

Marcus Bryant
03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Ah, yes. You can spell Willie without a J.

Willkommen.

NBAdime
03-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Wait...dancers can get you season tickets? That's the first I heard of it. I know about tickets from front office, players, coaches. And even then for you to attend every single game, you usually get season tickets through your hook up whether it's a player, coach, director. That's how I know it to be anyhow...

Avitus1
03-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Welcome to Spurstalk. I'd say something creative but I'm not that clever.

spurspokesman
03-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Allow myself to introduce.........myself.

I just joined the forum a couple of days ago. I'm a lifelong Spurs fan who's lived through the ups and the downs, cursing the hell out of the TV most of the time. I'm a native San Antonian who lives in Dallas, but I watch every game on league pass and still get to a couple of games every year. Among my qualifications as a Spurs fan:

Saw a game with Gervin at Hemisfair when I was a kid.
Remember that sinking feeling when Portland scored 50 points on us in the first quarter of game 1 in 1990.
I still hate Rod Strickland for that damned behind the back pass.
I know all the words to the Fast Breakin' Fiesta song and the Spurs Midnight Basketball rap and "This is How We Do It" (the Spurs version)
Yelled "Is it too late Iceman???" at Gervin when I saw him at Northstar mall when I was in high school. He responded by glaring at me.
Talked to Rodman on St. Mary's street one night. Kind of a funny story behind it that I won't get into now.
Got soaked during the infamous water canon incident in 1994. after the game I led a chant of "Bob Hill sucks" in the Alamodome hallway in response to Rodman being suspended for the game.
Dated a Silver Dancer during Duncan's rookie year, allowing me to attend every game. :king
Was at the two finals games in '99, the memorial day miracle, games 2 and 6 in '03.
Have been known to go entirely too far and make it too personal when arguing about the Spurs. I was on a plane right before game 7 in 2005 and almost punched this little asian dude that said that the spurs weren't as tough as the pistons and there's no way they'd win. by chance i saw that same guy at the airport like 6 months later, remembered him, and reminded him of his take. he wasn't very receptive to the conversation.
I have like 15 other things that come to mind, but enough about me. I look forward to talking Spurs with you guys. Some of you may know me already, I recognize some names from another board.

Welcome.

TheChillFactor
03-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Damn, and you broke up with that chick before the 99 season?

lockout dude. besides, she didn't try out for 99.

Some of that seems a little far fetched to me. You met an Asian dude in a plane and were arguing over the finals then you see him again 6 months later in the air port so you walk up to him and tell him whats up? Lol. Okay...

i know it sounds weird but i shit you not it happened. we argued on the whole plane ride from sa to dallas, about a 50 minute flight. the look on the guy's face was freaking priceless. i was like, "hey man, we were on a plane arguing about the finals a few months ago. what's up?" and he was like, "yeah man, i remember you, how's it going?" and i was like, "yeah, and you were saying the spurs didn't have a chance in hell."

around that time he got the same look on his face that pop would get when beno would brick a 3 early in the shot clock.

Wait...dancers can get you season tickets? That's the first I heard of it. I know about tickets from front office, players, coaches. And even then for you to attend every single game, you usually get season tickets through your hook up whether it's a player, coach, director. That's how I know it to be anyhow...

this was in '98, so she got a pair of tickets to every game. all the dancer's seats were in the same section behind one of the baskets usually. i have like 50 ticket stubs to prove it. :downspin:

NBAdime
03-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Maybe behind the basket things because I never seen anyone courtesy of a dancer in the family/friends section.

Yorae
03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
i like the thread title. Gives off the "Greetings Earthings!" effect

TheChillFactor
03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Maybe behind the basket things because I never seen anyone courtesy of a dancer in the family/friends section.

hell i don't know if they still do it. my best friend went with me to almost every game.

Duncan74
03-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Welcome.

JudynTX
03-18-2009, 10:56 AM
thanks for the welcomes. it's good to see some familiar faces - panda and slayermin!

Take a deep breath before you read some of these threads. :lol

O snap! Slayermin! Remember the GTG in Santa Monica? Wow, good memories dude! Just found this place a few months ago myself. Hardly have time for post of course...:wakeup

Hi Malice! :) You know who I am.

Welcome Chill!:toast

By the way Panda Spur, I love cats and that cat video you have is hilarious!:lol

Thx :D Kung Fu Cats!

Malice
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Take a deep breath before you read some of these threads. :lol

Hi Malice! :) You know who I am.

Thx :D Kung Fu Cats!

I do remember the panda chic lol. good to see you guys!