PDA

View Full Version : Villanueva Scolded For Twittering At Halftime Of Bucks Game

duncan228
03-17-2009, 08:22 PM
:lol

Villanueva scolded for Twittering at halftime of Bucks game (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/03/17/bucks.twitter.ap/index.html)

It might be the next big thing in online social networking, but Milwaukee Bucks coach Scott Skiles isn't a big fan of Twitter.

At least not when one of his players is posting from the Bucks' locker room during halftime of a critical game.

Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva got a talking-to from Skiles after the coach learned Villanueva posted a message to his Twitter feed -- a "tweet" -- from his mobile phone during halftime of Sunday's home victory over Boston.

sook
03-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Scott Skiles is a dumbass. I'd love to see him coach Artest

Udokafan05
03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Bucks won, he played his best in second half, so not big deal. Although Skiles reputation could be damagaed since he was considered tough coach.

lefty
03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Damn, Skiles is really a conservative SOB

First, Ben Wallace, now that?

The Franchise
03-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Damn, Skiles is really a conservative SOB

First, Ben Wallace, now that?

I think it is more of a focus issue for Skiles.

mavs>spurs2
03-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Anyone who is bitching about this obviously hasn't played team basketball. Some coaches don't even allow players to untie their shoes before he's given his postgame routine. Even worse considering it was halftime.

Findog
03-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Can someone explain to me the utility of twitter?

sook
03-17-2009, 09:55 PM

i can't i've never used one

Findog
03-17-2009, 10:02 PM
i can't i've never used one

best as I can tell, it's merely the status updates portion of Facebook. I don't get it.

lil_penny
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM
best as I can tell, it's merely the status updates portion of Facebook. I don't get it.

Now will you explain facebook because I don't have one of those either lol.

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM

"I'm thinking of explaining the utility of twitter to Findog"

Findog
03-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Now will you explain facebook because I don't have one of those either lol.

facebook is addicting. I probably spend a little too much time on it. I usually have it up 80% of the time I'm at work, and I'll be on a little at night sometimes. The novelty of these things wear off though.

lil_penny
03-17-2009, 10:15 PM
I've been meaning to get facebook or twitter I always hear people talking about them so I thought id give them a shot just to lazy to sign up haha... yea myspace use to be kind of addicting for me lol.

IronMexican
03-17-2009, 10:48 PM
The first week you get one, your on it 24/7. Now, I spend about 20 minutes a day on myspace.

Austin_Toros
03-17-2009, 10:50 PM
A bit harsh for Skiles to scold arguably his best player at this moment don't you think?

Spur-Addict
03-18-2009, 02:04 AM
A bit harsh for Skiles to scold arguably his best player at this moment don't you think?

Not at all. There's plenty of time for that after the game, or even prior to preparing for the game. It all has a time and a place, and it certainly isn't during the game. I consider halftime still being in the game.

Manufan909
03-18-2009, 02:38 AM
The first week you get one, your on it 24/7. Now, I spend about 20 minutes a day on myspace.

Indeed. But myspace didn't have that affect on me, whereas facebook sure as hell does.

And if anyone wants to be friends on facebook, just pm me. But don't send me an invite for any team, cuz I accidently accepted something from a lakers fan, and now I get laker updates.:bang

manufor3
03-18-2009, 08:51 AM
i dont get the big deal. if he wasn't doing it while skiles was announcing the game-plan, i think he gets a pass. if it was kobe would he get chewed out by phil?

Hemotivo
03-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Anyone who is bitching about this obviously hasn't played team basketball. Some coaches don't even allow players to untie their shoes before he's given his postgame routine. Even worse considering it was halftime.

:tu

exactly

focus

JudynTX
03-18-2009, 09:20 AM
:lol What's next? Twittering during a game?

angelbelow
03-18-2009, 09:21 AM
appropriate, shouldnt be on twitter in the middle of the game.

duncan228
03-18-2009, 11:24 PM
New Web celeb Villanueva back on Twitter (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bucks-twittertrouble&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Milwaukee Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva was back on his Twitter account Wednesday—safely before tipoff this time.

Villanueva’s widely publicized experiment with posting to the popular social networking Web site during halftime of a big game has ended at the team’s request. But Villanueva still isn’t sure he did anything wrong.

“I have my own personal opinion on it,” Villanueva said after Milwaukee’s 106-80 loss to Orlando Wednesday night. “I understand coaches and GMs and I respect them. I’m not going to go against them, but my own personal opinion is we do have time (during halftime) anyways.”

Villanueva wonders if there’s really any difference between a player taking a few seconds to do a television interview at halftime and taking a few seconds to use their mobile phone to post a Web message to fans.

“It’s kind of a double standard, but that’s coach’s opinion and the team’s opinion and I’m going to respect it,” Villanueva said.

lefty
03-18-2009, 11:30 PM
:lol What's next? Twittering during a game?

" Wow, did you guys just see my dunk? "

Spur-Addict
03-19-2009, 12:55 AM
This reminds of me of a game I played in a few years ago. One of my teammates on the bench had a watch that was also a walky talky. He'd communicate with people in the stands. One game he actually got in, and he forgot he was wearing the watch. We were dying on the bench (blowout). :lol

From there on out, every time he got playing time we'd say, "What time is it?!" He was a 6'8 project, but very athletic. He ended up dropping out of school to pursue music.

(FYI: If you don't like my story, you can kiss my ass)