spursdotcom
03-18-2009, 01:01 AM
But there is a catch, you have to pass our quiz! :king

Take the quiz - http://sn.im/e1tt6

Good luck!

:toast

crc21209
03-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Just did this spursdotcom thanks! :). Sucks, I just read the rules and you gotta live within 75 miles of S.A. :( I live farther...

spursdotcom
03-18-2009, 01:06 AM
yeah, unfortunately that's not our rule, it's a league rule. We aren't allowed to promote, have giveaways or register to wins outside of our 75-mile area.

Spursfan092120
03-18-2009, 01:08 AM
5 out of 5 baybee...Hope I won.

crc21209
03-18-2009, 01:28 AM
yeah, unfortunately that's not our rule, it's a league rule. We aren't allowed to promote, have giveaways or register to wins outside of our 75-mile area.

Sucks cuz I live in Del Rio. :bang

Technique
03-18-2009, 01:31 AM
I got the quiz right but I love in Brooklyn. Ouch.

spurastic
03-18-2009, 01:46 AM
We live 84 miles away and are season ticket holders but yet can not participate in these giveaways? Not right!

AussieFanKurt
03-18-2009, 01:48 AM
dayyum
i live 8800 miles from san antonio

Technique
03-18-2009, 02:04 AM
I bet the shipping costs more than the actual Jersey.

porscha
03-18-2009, 07:39 AM
how many times can enter per person?

porscha
03-18-2009, 07:40 AM
never mind..got it. 1 time per user.

Bukefal
03-18-2009, 07:49 AM
i got 5 out of 5!!! not bad ah? for a european ! ;) anyway, stupid rule, i live so far away

urunobili
03-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Just did this spursdotcom thanks! :). Sucks, I just read the rules and you gotta live within 75 miles of S.A. :( I live farther...

:depressed

no love for international fans?

:depressed

spursdotcom
03-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah we don't like the 75 mile rule either, like I said it's not our doing.

urunobili
03-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah we don't like the 75 mile rule either, like I said it's not our doing.

intl shipping of a Jersey is not more than 20bucks... the Jersey is probably 250 for its collector value or more... inexplicable rule... :rolleyes

Bukefal
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
cant you just make some exceptions? ;)

dougp
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
intl shipping of a Jersey is not more than 20bucks... the Jersey is probably 250 for its collector value or more... inexplicable rule... :rolleyes

Then contact the League office instead of getting mad at this PR person.

MoSpur
03-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the link. Hope I win.

urunobili
03-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Then contact the League office instead of getting mad at this PR person.

mad? :wow where in my lines did i show ANY clue of hate or madness? maybe you need new glasses? or maybe YOU have a problem with foreign fans? :lol

i'm just giving my feedback because i know he has the resources for it to be heard by the right persons... you are making me look as if i was unappreciative of what he brings to the table and that's not what i am all about :nope

and BTW so you can get over yourself... there are probably more Spurs fans abroad than in all the state of TX so chill...

Bukefal
03-18-2009, 09:36 AM
and BTW so you can get over yourself... there are probably more Spurs fans abroad than in all the state of TX so chill...

What does that have to do with it? :wow :flag:

urunobili
03-18-2009, 09:38 AM
What does that have to do with it? :wow :flag:

like :pop: says... Spurs players have to get over themselves to be successful... some of their fans too... :flag:

dougp
03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
mad? :wow where in my lines did i show ANY clue of hate or madness? maybe you need new glasses? or maybe YOU have a problem with foreign fans? :lol

i'm just giving my feedback because i know he has the resources for it to be heard by the right persons... you are making me look as if i was unappreciative of what he brings to the table and that's not what i am all about :nope

You realize that 80% of the people in San Antonio are probably Spurs fans, with another 80% of the valley area of South Texas? That's a lot of fans dude. Also, get over myself? There's nothing to get over.

The NBA isn't going to listen to teams directly on something like this because it can always seem made up. They need fans to contact them directly, and perhaps explain that their NBA Overseas program isn't that great because you cannot participate in the contests that are held on your favorite team's website.

urunobili
03-18-2009, 10:34 AM
You realize that 80% of the people in San Antonio are probably Spurs fans, with another 80% of the valley area of South Texas? That's a lot of fans dude. Also, get over myself? There's nothing to get over.

The NBA isn't going to listen to teams directly on something like this because it can always seem made up. They need fans to contact them directly, and perhaps explain that their NBA Overseas program isn't that great because you cannot participate in the contests that are held on your favorite team's website.

It's all good mate.. i thought each team puts the rules in the contest not the NBA...

and again... 80% of San Antonio's population being fan is WAY LESS (as a number only is the reference not passion or loyalty) than Spurs basketball fans in either France, Slovenia or Argentina.. even without counting the ones of the most international of all franchises in the NBA has in the rest of the countries... :flag:

koriwhat
03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
thanks spursdotcom

i hope i win... i have a little luck on my side, i mean i did win a spurs duffel bag and 2 boxes of skybox cards off a spurs program guide when i was 9 yrs old. if it has to do with the spurs then my luck goes up, if it has to do with money my luck goes down, and if it has to do with women, well i just choose the wrong ones time after time. fuck it! GO SPURS GO!

timvp
03-18-2009, 01:53 PM
The 75 mile rule originates from the television contracts IIRC, so don't expect that to change anytime soon.

spursdotcom
03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
The 75 mile rule originates from the television contracts IIRC, so don't expect that to change anytime soon.

75 miles is an arbitrary number the powers that be determined who knows when and has been applied to gate teams inside their territory/market. It has been applied to tv for some time and nearly everything we do promotion-wise, especially on the web.

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about the rule. It makes things challenging, especially having such an internationally diverse team such as ours.

:toast

sa_butta
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Im in thanks for the chance.