PDA

View Full Version : Police: Conn. teacher made boy eat from garbage

mrsmaalox
03-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Police: Conn. teacher made boy eat from garbage

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090318/ap_on_re_us/garage_lunch_1

Wed Mar 18, 7:16 am ETBRIDGEPORT, Conn. – A kindergarten teacher in a Bridgeport school has been arrested for allegedly forcing a 5-year-old boy to eat his lunch from a garbage can.

Sixty-seven-year-old Anne O'Donnell of Fairfield, a teacher at Park City Magnet School, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of risk of injury to a minor.

School officials say the charge stems from an incident last week when the boy apparently tossed out his lunch of chicken nuggets and a banana from the school cafeteria.

The teacher is accused of retrieving the items from the garbage can and forcing the boy to eat them in front of her.

O'Donnell has been released on a promise to appear in court.

___

mrsmaalox
03-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Really dumb thing to do, but I do "lunchroom duty" at my son's school once a month and it burns me up the way those kids toss out entire trays of untouched food. :wtf

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
values and manners are extinct for people aged 20 on down. i'd put that number higher, but i'm being nice.

Richard Cranium
03-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Isn't the US one of the biggest wasters of food and the biggest creator of trash? And I don't mean human trash.

Summers
03-18-2009, 11:28 AM
values and manners are extinct for people aged 20 on down. i'd put that number higher, but i'm being nice.

The article says the teacher is 67.

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 11:30 AM
The article says the teacher is 67.

Was viva referring to the teacher?

Summers
03-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Was viva referring to the teacher?

I'm pretty sure he was not. But the teacher behaved badly.

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm pretty sure he was not. But the teacher behaved badly.

Agreed about the teacher.

I was confused about who he was referring to.

mrsmaalox
03-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Isn't the US one of the biggest wasters of food and the biggest creator of trash? And I don't mean human trash.

That's another thing that pisses me off. My best friend is a special ed teacher in the Judson ISD. Some of her students are extremely disabled and come from very poor families. Some came to school without breakfast, so in the mornings when she was on lunchroom duty, she would stop kids as they headed to the trash and picked up sealed cartons of milk, juice and whole fresh fruits from their trays to keep in her classroom fridge. That way if one of her students was "melting down" during class she could take them aside and offer a little snack to get them back on track. Boy did she get in trouble! She has an official reprimand on her record now for "using poor judgement" and "putting a student at risk"!!

Summers
03-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Agreed about the teacher.

I was confused about who he was referring to.

As the mother of 2 rowdy boys, I have to hear constantly from either older people or childless people how little kids these days (fill in the blank with some behavior they've witnessed and don't approve of). It's something I'm a little defensive about. :) Kids these days are no different from any other kids.

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't know about all kids, but you are awesome, so I am sure your kids are too.

Summers
03-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I do agree, btw, that in general we waste way too much food.

Summers
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
I don't know about all kids, but you are awesome, so I am sure your kids are too.

Of course they are! :lol

:) Thanks.

mrsmaalox
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM

You are mistaken. My kids are awsomest! ;)

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 11:48 AM

Until I get married and have mine! :D

Summers
03-18-2009, 11:49 AM

Oh, it's on now! :lol

angel_luv
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh, it's on now! :lol

Food fight!

:lol Talk about improper use of food. :)