PDA

View Full Version : Initial Reaction > Game Thoughts

urunobili
03-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I think they're definitively better for the following reasons:

1) They're done right after the game is finished

2) It makes us debate about the game and post our opinions there vs. another story written on the nets posted on ST

3) It takes pressure out of timvp for doing the game thoughts

4) At least we get something from LJ vs. someone starting a bitching thread because we didn't get the Game Thoughts at all or we got them too late or right before the next game

5) There's probably less editing involved and we get a more spontaneous version of timvp's writing

:STlogo

:wakeup

wuss cones
03-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm sure he must make some money from owning the forum. Why not both? :)

VI_Massive
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM

How? I don't see any ads and I didn't pay any membership fee......

Brazil
03-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Good take uru I agree. Of course having both is better but to choose I prefer the IR vs. GT.

bugmenot
03-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Anyone answer this?

Brazil
03-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Anyone answer this?

answer what?

duncan228
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM

Anyone answer this?

Just going on what's been posted here over the years:

There are no ads, there are no membership fees. Kori and timvp own and operate SpursTalk, and they foot all the bills to do so.

Actually, I think it's really just Kori's. :lol

DPG21920
03-18-2009, 04:20 PM

ShoogaMomma?:married:

urunobili
03-18-2009, 11:11 PM

LJ is a pimp? :wow:wow :lol

Manufan909
03-19-2009, 01:10 AM
I think they're definitively better for the following reasons:

1) They're done right after the game is finished

2) It makes us debate about the game and post our opinions there vs. another story written on the nets posted on ST

3) It takes pressure out of timvp for doing the game thoughts

4) At least we get something from LJ vs. someone starting a bitching thread because we didn't get the Game Thoughts at all or we got them too late or right before the next game

5) There's probably less editing involved and we get a more spontaneous version of timvp's writing

:STlogo

:wakeup

Bolded reasons suck ass, and I'd say that timvp is allowed more time to gather himself and reflect for GTs.

And fuck you too on #4. I can't help it I have an addiction.:ihit:depressed:ihit

I just prefer in-depth evaluation over quick and dirty info. But I am happy with either one.:toast

urunobili
03-19-2009, 07:19 AM
And fuck you too on #4. I can't help it I have an addiction.:ihit:depressed:ihit

:lmao butt hurt because i called you out on the whining bitching threads you opened because you didn't get the GT? :lmao

I just prefer in-depth evaluation over quick and dirty info. But I am happy with either one.:toast

Dude... read the Reaction threads.. he doesn't really need a whole lot more thinking time to call the game as it was and share with us his insights of it... :toast

Illusionarist
03-19-2009, 07:26 AM
The game thoughts were amazing. I really liked them more. I miss them.

L.I.T
03-19-2009, 07:34 AM
I vote for Initial Reactions as well. It seems to help organize post-game discussion.

But ultimately, whatever is easiest for timvp.

wuss cones
03-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Just going on what's been posted here over the years:

There are no ads, there are no membership fees. Kori and timvp own and operate SpursTalk, and they foot all the bills to do so.

:oops:oops

timvp
03-20-2009, 04:40 PM
For the record .......

-My plan is to do IR and GT for each game from here on out. GT's take me a while to produce so they will probably be done by the next afternoon.

-I'll be test driving a third aspect tonight. We'll see if it's worthwhile or not.

-SpursTalk doesn't make any money. The only money made off the site I know of is that mookie2001 gets paid $50 a month for having that "Tragedy & Hope" book cover in his sig.

-timvp doesn't engage in pimping nor pandering.

duncan228
03-20-2009, 05:05 PM
-I'll be test driving a third aspect tonight. We'll see if it's worthwhile or not.

Cool. The original game thoughts are great; doing two, possibly three, versions is incredible. Thanks for the time you put into them, they really are the best breakdown of the Spurs out there. It's special to have our team looked at by a true fan who knows the game.

quentin_compson
03-20-2009, 06:17 PM
For the record .......

-My plan is to do IR and GT for each game from here on out. GT's take me a while to produce so they will probably be done by the next afternoon.

Having both would be great. And I'm looking forward to that mysterious "third aspect". Thanks again for your great work and dedication. :toast

urunobili
03-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks timvp... I was just joking with the pimp kind of comment i hope u got that same feeling :)

Also... i forgot to open this thread with a Poll and the idea of doing it at all was also preventing future rants when somehow you cannot put together the GT... any of your writing/insights on the Spurs are the reason why many of us kept coming here and became regular posters/lurkers/trolls or whatever... I admire your writing that's why i'll be a lifetime fan of this site... thanks for doing what u do