PDA

View Full Version : Kids are funny PT THREE

MiamiHeat
03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
True story

one time, there was a 5th grader in class learning about the names of US states. the teacher was explaining that some of the names come from latin/spanish

The teacher gave them an example - Colorado can be pronounced perfectly in spanish.

The teacher than asked the kids to give him more examples :

The first kid said "California" in spanish, the teacher was pleased.
The second kid said "Florida" in spanish, the teacher was pleased.

Then a certain kid said, innocently, "U-tah" in spanish.

The teacher immediately said "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"

The teacher was upset and was angry at the student.

The kid was confused and said it again, "U-tah" while shrugging

The teacher looked angrier and said "We DO NOT use that language in this class!"

The kid pointed to the map of the US behind the teacher and said "U-tah?"

The teacher then looked behind him at the state of Utah, and began laughing uncontrollably. The kid wanted to know what they were laughing about, but the teacher told him to ask his parents.

;p

CosmicCowboy
03-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Good thing you don't do stand up or that joke would have just been met with complete silence.

deadratsam
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Is there a tumbleweed icon/emoticon?

Slydragon
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM
My daughter when she was 4 was with me at my HEB shopping and you know how we have the demo people there sampling stuff all the time. Well one of the older ladies was oriental and spoke english pretty bad, but she was very nice.

Anyways I was walking down the aisle and she saw us she was sampling the HEB knock off Oreo cookies and she tells my then 4 year old, "Come see me for some cookies" to which my daughter got happy and yelled back "I LOVE FORTUNE COOKIES"

OMG!!! I have never tried so hard not to laugh my ass off, The old lady did not understand because of her bad English or she understood and just ignored it.