PDA

View Full Version : LeBron is not the MVP, Cleveland is mediocre

SpursDynasty
03-18-2009, 02:34 PM
It's a general consensus that the Spurs, Celtics, Cavaliers, Lakers, and Magic are the top 5 teams in the NBA, in that order.

Cleveland's record vs. these teams, as well as LeBron's noticeably shitty shooting against these teams:

1-0 vs. the Spurs, 12-23 FG's total for LeBron
1-2 vs. the Celtics, 27-61 FG's total for LeBron
0-2 vs. the Lakers, 14-45 FG's total for LeBron :lol
1-1 vs. the Magic, 25-54 FG's total for LeBron

That makes them only 3-5 against the best records...including 1-4 against last year's NBA Finalists....Then LeBron is 78-for-183 from the floor against the top competition in the league? That's only a 42.6% overall FG% in the most important games of the year. The only stat even near decent is his shooting vs. the Spurs, which came without our best defensive player Tim Duncan in the game. He has shot below .500 from the floor against the other top 4 teams. Most importantly, as it relates to his MVP race, a glaring horrendous statistic is 14-for-45 from the floor against the team (Lakers) whose leader is the other MVP candidate. 14-for-45? That's 31%. Enough said. LeBron isn't the MVP, sorry.

Someone explain to me why LeBron is in the MVP talks? Take away his only .500 shooting game vs. the Spurs (with Duncan out) and you get 66-for-160 from the floor. That's 41.3%. Pathetic.

gaKNOW!blee
03-18-2009, 02:37 PM
So you think Kobe is the MVP?

SpursDynasty
03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
So you think Kobe is the MVP?

Not personally. But Kobe appears to be the other leading candidate among everyone else.

Thunder Dan
03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
he didn't even play in the 4th vs. the Spurs

j.dizzle
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Like i said Lebron has problems with big teams. He can't drive as much so he has to rely on his jumpshot. Even though Cleveland hasn't done great vs the elite teams, I still give them props for giving 110% & winning the games they should be winning. If Lakers played with the type of intensity that Clevelad does they wouldnt be 1 game behing Cle. They've won a bunch of games they had no business winning & I respect their effort.

IronMexican
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
He is. It's not Kobe "I shoot 1 for 7 in the 4th" Bryant.

aka_USAPA
03-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Not personally. But Kobe appears to be the other leading candidate among everyone else.

So if it's not Kobe and it's not Lebron, who is your MVP? Let me guess... freakin' Manu Ginobili. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Flo-Rida
03-18-2009, 03:27 PM
So if it's not Kobe and it's not Lebron, who is your MVP? Let me guess... freakin' Manu Ginobili. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I think there some guy from south beach I heard he's pretty good.

gaKNOW!blee
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM

Yeah but I heard his team sucks.

dickface
03-18-2009, 03:29 PM

too bad the rest of the team sucks.

IronMexican
03-18-2009, 03:30 PM
If Kobe didn't win it in 05-06 when his team sucked but he was great, Wade wont.

xtremesteven33
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Based on this season performance alone...Dwayne Wade is hands down the MVP.

Flo-Rida
03-18-2009, 03:32 PM
If Kobe didn't win it in 05-06 when his team sucked but he was great, Wade wont.

As of late I really don't care if he wins MVP but when people don't even mention him in the race its kind of fucked up. I'd rather him actually come in 4th place in the votings and get really pissed and take it out on anybody who challenges him in the playoffs.

Double-Up
03-18-2009, 03:37 PM
It's a general consensus that the Spurs, Celtics, Cavaliers, Lakers, and Magic are the top 5 teams in the NBA, in that order.

Cleveland's record vs. these teams, as well as LeBron's noticeably shitty shooting against these teams:

1-0 vs. the Spurs, 12-23 FG's total for LeBron
1-2 vs. the Celtics, 27-61 FG's total for LeBron
0-2 vs. the Lakers, 14-45 FG's total for LeBron :lol
1-1 vs. the Magic, 25-54 FG's total for LeBron

That makes them only 3-5 against the best records...including 1-4 against last year's NBA Finalists....Then LeBron is 78-for-183 from the floor against the top competition in the league? That's only a 42.6% overall FG% in the most important games of the year. The only stat even near decent is his shooting vs. the Spurs, which came without our best defensive player Tim Duncan in the game. He has shot below .500 from the floor against the other top 4 teams. Most importantly, as it relates to his MVP race, a glaring horrendous statistic is 14-for-45 from the floor against the team (Lakers) whose leader is the other MVP candidate. 14-for-45? That's 31%. Enough said. LeBron isn't the MVP, sorry.

Someone explain to me why LeBron is in the MVP talks? Take away his only .500 shooting game vs. the Spurs (with Duncan out) and you get 66-for-160 from the floor. That's 41.3%. Pathetic.

Fool shut the fuck up, Spurs are in the top 5 no doubt probably 4th but still that has nothing to do with the hate you show for Lebron. You're just an attention whore so go find another place to work. Get a fucking life.

j-money24
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
lebron only chokes against good teams, i guess spurs aint one of them.

IronMexican
03-18-2009, 03:54 PM
LMAO 12 for 23 vs SA.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Last yr, Heat were a 15 win team without wade, look at where they are now.....Wade 4 MVP Hands down...Spursdynasty stays on kobe's dick

IronMexican
03-18-2009, 03:57 PM
And I agree, Wade should be MVP. But by the standards the AP goes by, he wont win.

TheMACHINE
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Wade is awesome..but based on the MVP's this decade, he wont get it but Lebron will.

Kobe will just have to settle for Finals MVP.

sook
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
i agree with OP here's my list

Wade
Kobe
CP3
Deron
Lebron
Yao

BlackSwordsMan
03-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Wade is awesome..but based on the MVP's this decade, he wont get it but Lebron will.

Kobe will just have to settle for Finals MVP.
:rolleyes

Ghazi
03-18-2009, 04:43 PM
i agree with OP here's my list

Wade
Kobe
CP3
Deron
Lebron
Yao

That list sucks.

LnGrrrR
03-18-2009, 05:06 PM
If Wade keeps this pace up, I don't see how the voters can refuse him the MVP.

aka_USAPA
03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Wade has to win at least 57 games. It's not going to happen.

gaKNOW!blee
03-18-2009, 05:43 PM
lebron only chokes against good teams, i guess spurs aint one of them.

You didnt watch last night?

Also how can the team with the best record in the league be mediocre?? You're fucking retarded.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-18-2009, 05:50 PM

He shot 45% from the field and averaged 4.5 assists per game, Wade is shooting 49.3% and is averaging 7.6 assists per game.

He also had a HOF coach known for an offense that features the SG, Wade has a rookie coach.

The Gemini Method
03-18-2009, 05:52 PM
While I don't agree with the belief that the Cavs are mediocre, I do wonder about the ability of this team against the so-called "elite" teams. I stand by my personal belief that Kobe has been MVPesque over the past few years but I concede that it is LeBron's MVP year. Yes they've performed really well this season and I'm sure any of the 3 contenders for the trophy would rather be Finals' MVP rather than the regular season MVP.

IronMexican
03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Like I said, DOK, I feel he deserves it, but wont get it.

Ghazi
03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Wade doesn't deserve the MVP this year just like he doesn't deserve a ring from 2006.

SpursDynasty
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I have no hate for LeBron, nothing personal against LeBron, it's not his fault that he can't shoot the ball well. I just think his ballhogging is a problem and will hurt his team in the ECF's as it has against the top 5 of the league. Again, nothing personal, his shooting speaks for itself and it's no trash talking on my part. The MVP in my opinion? Dwayne Wade without a doubt. Higher FG% and PPG than Kobe and LeBron. If he's ballhogging then he has a right to be. If my teammate shot 49.3% and scored 30 points a game, I'd get the ball to him as much as possible. Also, Wade won a championship in his last Finals attempt. Can't say the same about LeBron and Kobe. Again, no disrespect to Kobe and LeBron, not everyone is good enough to lead their team to a championship. Wade did, doesn't mean Kobe and LeBron are failures or worthless individuals. They just can't get the job done. That's what the MVP is for.

LEONARD
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I have no hate for LeBron, nothing personal against LeBron, it's not his fault that he can't shoot the ball well. I just think his ballhogging is a problem and will hurt his team in the ECF's as it has against the top 5 of the league. Again, nothing personal, his shooting speaks for itself and it's no trash talking on my part. The MVP in my opinion? Dwayne Wade without a doubt. Higher FG% and PPG than Kobe and LeBron. If he's ballhogging then he has a right to be. If my teammate shot 49.3% and scored 30 points a game, I'd get the ball to him as much as possible. Also, Wade won a championship in his last Finals attempt. Can't say the same about LeBron and Kobe. Again, no disrespect to Kobe and LeBron, not everyone is good enough to lead their team to a championship. Wade did, doesn't mean Kobe and LeBron are failures or worthless individuals. They just can't get the job done. That's what the MVP is for.

MVP is a regular season award, foreskin...

TheMACHINE
03-18-2009, 06:22 PM

only problem your statement is that the MVP is an award you get for THIS year. Not because he led his team to a ring 2 years ago =P

IronMexican
03-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Wade is making an even bigger MVP case without having to play.

gaKNOW!blee
03-18-2009, 06:30 PM

How is Lebron a ballhog when he has like 100 less shots than Kobe and Wade.