PDA

View Full Version : Enter to Win a Flip Ultra Video Camera - Learn about the KIA Soul (Winner Announced!)

Kori Ellis
03-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey SpursTalkers, you have a chance to win a Flip Ultra video camera (http://www.theflip.com/products_flip_ultra.shtml). It's super easy to win. All you have to do is read the following information about the KIA Soul, then head to their website, check out the car and leave a reply here on this thread about what you like about it. Go to the official site at KIASoul.com (http://www.kiasoul.com/).

http://spurstalk.com/flipcam.jpg

Any rude, obnoxious, sarcastic replies will be removed and you won't be eligible for the giveaway. One random winner will be drawn from all the replys to win the Flip Ultra.

Thanks very much. Now onto the KIA Soul ...

In January, Kia Motors America, Inc. announced pricing for the all-new highly anticipated Kia Soul will begin at $13,300. Even with the $695 freight charge included, Soul’s price tag of $13,995 is still under the $14K mark. And with all boxes checked on the highest trim level Soul sport, the vehicle will still come in below $20,000. Recently debuted at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show, Soul will join the C-segment as an early 2010 model year vehicle and allow buyers the chance to truly personalize their vehicle with more packaging and styling combinations than any previous Kia model.

The 2010 Soul will be available in four trims: Soul, Soul+, Soul! (exclaim) and Soul sport. Soul+, which includes standard keyless entry remote, solar glass and 16-inch alloy wheels, will start at $14,950 and top out at $17,100 when options including the Audio Package and power moonroof are included. Enhancing to the Soul! will add the power moonroof, fog lights and 18-inch alloy wheels and will be priced beginning at $16,950 and peak at $17,900 with all available options included. The Soul sport, designed for those with active lifestyles, will include side sills, a rear spoiler, 18-inch alloy wheels and unique front and rear fascias, and will start at $16,950 and end at $18,600 with all available options included.

2009 Product Line
Kia Motors America offers a dynamic and diverse product line of 11 vehicles to meet the needs of all lifestyles. The 2009 vehicle line features the functional Rondo CUV and award-winning Sedona minivan along with a wide variety of popular passenger cars, including the refined Amanti full size sedan, purposeful Optima mid size sedan, versatile and compact Spectra and Spectra5, and sporty yet fuel efficient Rio and Rio5 subcompacts. The vehicle line also features the all-new and affordably luxurious Borrego, rugged Sorento and value-packed Sportage SUVs. The Soul will further complement the lineup when it arrives in dealerships this spring.

Visit KIASoul.com (http://www.kiasoul.com/) and leave your reply here on the post.

If you have a Facebook account, please "Fan" the Kia Soul on the official Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/kiasoul.

http://spurstalk.com/kia-soul-01.jpg
http://spurstalk.com/kia-soul-02.jpg
http://spurstalk.com/kia-soul-03.jpg
http://spurstalk.com/kia-soul-04.jpg

wuss cones
03-18-2009, 06:01 PM
First! I should win :p

I like the price of under $14K and the orangey red color option is slick. The 'Soul' name has some soul, too :)

I am Tom
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
The 2010 Kia Soul isn't the first boxy subcompact and it probably isn't the best, but with a low price, good styling and plenty of space, it may be the most appealing Kia yet.

Hands-free Bluetooth connectivity, iPod/USB integration, satellite radio, ABS, disc brakes all around, A/C and a full suite of airbags are just some of the features standard on 95% of all Souls going to market.

The $13,300 base Kia Soul gets a 1.6-liter inline-four capable of putting out 122 HP and 115 lb-ft of torque, while the higher-end models get the 2.0-liter inline-four good for 142 HP and 137 lb-ft. All cars come standard with a five-speed manual and have the option of a four-speed automatic. The car's "+" trim adds 16-inch wheels and added control for $14,950, while the Sport and Exclaim go up to $16,950 and add 18-inch alloy wheels, more interior options and a larger six-speaker stereo.

The sportiest model is differentiated by a thicker anti roll bar, imperceptibly mild suspension tune and metal pedals. Even with the larger motor, the Kia Soul isn't about performance. With the five-speed, 2.0-liter fourbanger and a little luck or skill you can achieve a 0-to-60 MPH time in the low eight-second range.

To the average Kia buyer, what's going on inside the car is more important than performance. If space is a key component, the 53.4 cubic feet of interior cargo space with the rear seats down may be an issue (the xB has 69.9 cubic feet, the Cube 58.1), though the under-floor storage is a nice touch. For customers concerned with style and comfort, the Soul may actually win them over with its larger seats, reasonable space and funky-yet-intuitive dash complete with a crystal clear display.

The idea behind the Kia Soul is to separate the brand's future from a past marked by crappy products produced at a low cost. We have no problem claiming this is the best-designed Kia because, for the first time, it looks like someone has actually taken the time to design one. The brainchild of the company's California-based design center, this is one Kia that doesn't feel like a Korean cast-off.

It's hard to stand out in Miami given the abundance of partially undressed woman and white Lamborghinis, yet the Kia garnered a disproportionate amount of attention and not just because we were driving like tourists. It looks different. And for an economy car, with the stick shift and comically oversized 18-inch wheels, it actually drives like something just a little different, offering quicker-than-expected steering and less-than-expected lean when really pushing it.

If you're in the market for a fun compact car you'll love, the Soul isn't your best option. If you're in the market for a cheap Korean compact car you won't hate, the Soul may be your only option.

bugmenot
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
:convertib

I bought my son a 2005 Kia Rio earlier in the year. Absolutely no problems with it so far. Never heard of the Kia Soul but the pics look promising.

I as well like the price and that its made in Korea.

(pick me pick me pick me)

kolko
03-18-2009, 06:43 PM
The red inside looks beautiful.

TheTruth
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
The price. The interior looks very nice. The price.

ILoveOranges
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Like almost everyone else, I'm impressed by the pricing. Kia's cars are great in bang for buck, and it's no surprise I see them around quite often. Love the commercial too. Gerbils. :blah

Obstructed_View
03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I originally wrote something a bit longer, but it had some criticisms in it. Instead I'll just list the things I like.

I like the technology available, such as homelink, bluetooth and USB.

I like the 10 year 100k mile warranty.

I like the safety features, and that things like stability control, ABS, side curtain airbags and tire pressure monitoring are standard features on all models.

In fact, despite the large number of options and the huge number of combinations that result, they don't strip down the base model and make you pay for things that the car should have to begin with.

I like the base model's wheels.

It's got impressive cargo room, and the footprint is wide, which increases both handling and safety.

King
03-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Kia's are always solid cars, and definitely more cost efficient than the alternatives today.

The warranty is a nice deal. The longest I'd seen is 7y/70K. 10 year is nice. It'd make me feel more comfortable buying one.

mookie2001
03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
thet car is sick i saidddd

Andy25
03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
KIA's are pretty decent cars for the price.

mookie2001
03-18-2009, 08:12 PM
better than GM

Sense
03-18-2009, 08:14 PM
It looks like it could save some gas

CubanMustGo
03-18-2009, 08:39 PM
It's a cute little car with good pricing and a decent set of models to help you make it your own. It also appears to have enough head room for someone 6'6" like me.

Taking it to the Hole
03-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I like it! I like how it is small but it looks like it has a nice interior and a sleek profile. probably good on gas too!

The Power Hour.
03-18-2009, 08:46 PM
The new KIA Soul is the iPhone of the automobile industry!
It delivers in ways no car has ever in the last 50 years!
The light weight roomy design complemented by the many extra features and interior decor can only be summed up in one word.."Fabulous!"

The new KIA Soul is light years ahead of the competition. And if that wasn't enough? Its excellent gas mileage can only be shadowed by it's very affordable price. What some people pay for a jet ski they can be the proud owner of the greatest automobile this planet has to offer. long story short? if it had a toilet I would live in it for the rest of my life.

I may never do much with my time on earth but I can die a happy man when I say I was alive to experience the greatest technological creation in the modern automotive industry world, I drove a KIA Soul! :tu

Manudona
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
It looks like a very interesting alternative to the car I was eyeing to buy in the near future, after watching this webpage I think I will consider this car too as our commute car, as long as it arrived to Canada by the time I decided to buy my second car.

Pistons < Spurs
03-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Value without sacrificing looks or features. I'm tired of car manufactures thinking the average run of the mill car should run 22-30k. The Kia Soul is an attractive vehicle inside and out. And they did a good job of giving plenty of options and packages. It's size makes it very versatile aswell. Kia's got the right idea with the 2010 Soul. Definitely a car I would consider for myself.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Very elegant, and I love all the features

03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
i like the price, at $14,000, it is beyond reasonable. looks like there is a lot of cargo room too if someone is looking for a car for the purpose of lugging stuff. instead of getting an expensive SUV or minivan, this can be a good alternative. car kind of reminds me of the scion xb.

duncan228
03-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I didn't know much about Kia until I read this and hit the site. I really like that you can 'max' the Soul out with options you want for well under $20,000. It looks good and you get a lot for your money. They've covered safety and warranty and options galore in a sporty look.

The site was cool too.

KipGirl
03-18-2009, 10:38 PM
I was just at a car show and my daughter, who turns 16 this year, was very interested in this car. We loved how customizable this car is (she really loved the lights that you can have put in the speakers in the door).

It's a lot like the Nissan Cube, in some ways, but wayyyyy cooler.

JohnD99
03-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Very nice car for the price tag. I like the fact that it includes all the safety features standard (ESC, airbags, disk brakes). The interior seems very well designed and looks comfortable. This car seems to have everything the competition has, but at a better price with more standard features. Overall, I'm really impressed. I also like the websites presentation of information.

Leetonidas
03-18-2009, 10:49 PM
It's very sleek and hip looking, and I like the interior, very nice. The price is also pretty sweet. :tu

deadratsam
03-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I like the cute commercial with the hamsters or gerbils.

This is not a rude, obnoxious, or sarcastic reply. Please do not remove it and make me ineligible to win.

eisfeld
03-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Surprisingly, the interior looks fantastic compared to many other KIA cars produced in the past. And what's more important KIA has superior electronics compared to other high quality cars such as Volkswagen and it's spin offs Skoda and Seat. God I hate to change the lightbulps every 2-3 month :D
Furthermore, the backseat in the KIA Soul can be folded down seperately. Affordable price compared to other cars in the same class and surprisingly all the options are rather cheap too. Only thing that bothers me is that the Price in USD and € are again the same *Grrrr* - That's what we get for having a strong Euroe...

Brutalis
03-19-2009, 02:34 AM
I like it cause it's sporty and not overdone.

spursfaninla
03-19-2009, 02:49 AM
The website is definitely trying to be hip. I felt like it was hard to actually learn about the car. The icons about the car didn't do much for me...it was trying too hard.

the car itself is a cooler version of my element...which is not cool. But this car is at least cooler. It has potential to be a car that 20's like, instead of 30's like the element.

It gets decent gas mileage, but I wonder how it handles. good price. good luck selling a car today too!

Man In Black
03-19-2009, 03:56 AM
To me..

It seems like it picks up where the Scion xB left off. The old Scion had a feel that was Gen Y ready, the new Scion looks like it's now ready for Juco(Junior College)...YUCK.

The Kia Soul feels and looks oriented for what Gen Y lost with Scion. In essence, it's the box redesigned and refined.

It's sporty enough with 18 inch wheels, and a sturdy suspension and the engine provides a peppy drive with 30 miles per on the highway.

2 tone interior is normally an option you pay for but Soul gives it to you... standard. It looks cool and feels great. They didn't skimp on the materials, it's quality throughout.

So let's see...

They made it cool enough for young peeps to say, "This is pretty cool."

They give you standard 18 inch wheels, a 2 tone interior with solid materials and workmanship, and 30 miles per gallon ALL UNDER 20K?

Are you kidding me? Nope not at all...I think I've just been Kia-ed!!! :downspin:

I'm ready to roll...in a new Kia Soul!

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 04:02 AM
it's alright i suppose although i like sportier cars. i'd rock this car if i got it for free... it'd be a good ride to the beach.

ps: interior isn't bad.

psps: i drive a hyundai(tiburon) so why not hook me up with a kia for the fun of it?!

B-Boy
03-19-2009, 04:29 AM
i drive a hyundai(tiburon) so why not hook me up with a kia for the fun of it?!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/shake3.gif

Joe Schmoogins
03-19-2009, 05:54 AM
very impressive considering the price.

reminds me of a remote control car.

Shank
03-19-2009, 06:42 AM
I was actually flipping through their site the other day, before this even came out. My interest has been piqued since seeing their recent commercials.

It's a great looking little ride, very accessible to a younger crowd. My question, though, is whether the Kia brand name will detract any potential buyers. They've long had this reputation of being a "cheap" car, but that's mainly from the uninformed. They're good cars and everyone I know says they're more dependable than other brands.

That being said, I think the brand will successfully build off the "Build your own"/customize/Scion-vibe they're aiming for. It almost sells itself. It has a great look, the base options are solid, the warranty is impressive and - most importantly in these times - the sales price won't hurt you.

I think Kia has found their big hit to take them to the next level. They should have great success with the release and subsequent sales of the Soul model.

And remember - just let your Soul-Glo :)

mexicanjunior
03-19-2009, 09:21 AM
It looks like it would get great gas mileage and the interior design is very nice. For teens and college kids on low budgets, this would be a very good option. 14K is a price most people would be able to afford and I heard Kia has a pretty good warranty in case something goes wrong.

ORION
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
It has cargo room for the cargo that you might have

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:12 AM
The price is nice, but I think the vehicle is a bit too small for me. Since I have a toddler, the size of the car is an obstacle when you consider all the things I would need for my kid.

phyzik
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
The interior looks clean and doesn't come across as "cheap". The fact that they put the window and mirror controls on the door arm instead of the center console is good. The flexible seating in the back is also a nice feature to have.

The amount of accessories that let you mix and match with the car is almost overwhelming but in a good way. I'm really impressed that it comes with sport-tuned suspension and 4-wheel disc brakes. That's rare to see on what I would consider an economy vehicle.

It is a pretty cool little vehicle but I am disappointed in the low horsepower rating. 140hp just doesn't do it for me, Still, I would consider buying one in the future if I decide I need a gas sipper.

ManuTP9
03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
the price is nice and the car looks so sick man.

Illuminati
03-19-2009, 04:14 PM
The light weight roomy design complemented by the many extra features and interior decor can only be summed up in one word.."Fabulous!"

The new KIA Soul is light years ahead of the competition. And if that wasn't enough? Its excellent gas mileage can only be shadowed by it's very affordable price. What some people pay for a jet ski they can be the proud owner of the greatest automobile this planet has to offer. long story short? if it had a toilet I would live in it for the rest of my life.

I may never do much with my time on earth but I can die a happy man when I say I was alive to experience the greatest technological creation in the modern automotive industry world, I drove a KIA Soul! :tu

Gets my vote! :tu

Stump
03-19-2009, 04:55 PM
That's a lot of features and style packed into such an affordable car. Kudos to KIA for engineering a cost friendly automobile that gives so much back.

Ryvin1
03-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Interesting thats a neat car and I would have never looked at it if it wasn't posted on here. Seem stylish and practical.

rold50
03-19-2009, 05:05 PM
It has lots of nice features at an affordable price. :hat

dougp
03-19-2009, 05:44 PM
This looks like a Kia I can convince my wife to actually drive. Before she purchased her Jeep, I was trying to convince her to go with a Kia because of the warranty, but she really didn't like how any of them looked.

I personally don't like the boxy looking cars because they don't look sleek, this one does have a sporty look to it that I think could grow on me. But the one thing that doesn't have to grow on me is the price and Kia's 10 year warranty.

DynastyBuilder
03-19-2009, 08:30 PM
I like the boxy shape of the exterior. The interior looks pretty nice too.

Cry Havoc
03-19-2009, 08:39 PM
The commercial is great.

I really like the interior. It seems like a car with a much higher MSRP on the inside. The highlights on the seats are a sweet touch. The Soul looks like it has a relatively aggressive suspension as well. It would be a great 2nd or 3rd vehicle for someone who wants a car to tool around and haul stuff in.

Pablo Escobar
03-19-2009, 08:41 PM
be a good high school car for a girl
i have two but still have a while before they go to high school
but thought about it im a body man so cant wait to see how much of a pain they are to work on but Kia's aren't to bad

xcoriate
03-19-2009, 11:32 PM
The price is definitely right, and the ability to fold the seats around should make that interior both nice and practical :)

urunobili
03-20-2009, 07:36 AM
wow this is indeed a nice car for the price... here you'd pay no less than 17000 for it... plus it seems to be very fuel efficient and it has a stick!!!

It also looks like if you have to work transporting big stuff (like a musician with a drum kit or amps etc) it has LOTS of room to operate :tu

Kori is this promo eligible for non us residents?

sa_butta
03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Looks like a very roomy and economic vehicle. Price is not bad at all plus Kias have a good warrantee. I actually like the style better than the Scion.

Flux451
03-20-2009, 03:56 PM
The first thing I look for in a car is gerbil safety. The commercial shows and proves. I like the price tag and sleek look. The interior design looks original and modern. I'll take it.

manubili
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
It looks good and the price is awsome. Makes me wanna test it. Besides that fact, this is a great guerrilla marketing strategy. Props to whoever designed it.

Summers
03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
The trunk is important to me--looks big enough to carry lots of groceries. Passenger airbags are good. I could chauffeur my kids all around town with my ipod plugged into the sound system, moonroof open on a nice day. :) The price is very good.

Last Comic Standing
03-22-2009, 12:14 PM

I may never do much with my time on earth but I can die a happy man when I say I was alive to experience the greatest technological creation in the modern automotive industry world, I drove a KIA Soul!

regio
03-22-2009, 01:11 PM
It looks a lot better than the Scion xB which is probably its closest competitor

Slydragon
03-22-2009, 02:43 PM
The price

Avitus1
03-23-2009, 12:37 AM
I actually saw this car at the AT&T center and then checked out the website. Its actually a pretty cool car. I love how much space it has on the inside it actually seems to have more space on the inside then it lets on.

manustarting2gd
03-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Nice design , great price, Kia name is getting better reviews these days, hopefully this model makes their mark on the industry. KIA, good move, capitalizing on the Honda Element design and idea and making it better.

Horry For 3!
03-24-2009, 12:55 AM
It looks nice inside and out. Has a more modern design which is always nice. It seems like he has a good amount of room which I like. Also, the price seems to be pretty good as well.

timvp
03-24-2009, 01:17 AM
And the winner is . . . .

q0ZQSenHjvA

Post in this thread within five days to claim the prize. If not claimed, I'll repeat the process.

:hat

HighLowLobForBig-50
03-24-2009, 01:36 AM
coolio

JohnD99
03-24-2009, 08:50 AM
WOW! I'm actually surprised I won. That is totally awesome! This is one of the first times I think I have ever won anything other than a stick of bubble gum. Let me know what else I need to do to claim the prize.

Summers
03-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Congrats John. :) Timvp, love the video! :lol

Agloco
03-24-2009, 02:02 PM
LMFAO at the video timvp.......

There weren't multiple posts from the same members I assume?

urunobili
03-24-2009, 03:27 PM
:pctoss :depressed :lol at the video :tu

koriwhat
03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
well that was fun... thanks kori letting us play.

Man In Black
03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Are you sure that the randomizer didn't mean 30?

Congrats to the winner with low posting numbers. It just goes to show than anyone can win.

Then again...are you sure the randomizer didn't mean 30?
:)

SpursGirl21
03-24-2009, 06:25 PM
And the winner is . . . .

I may never do much with my time on earth but I can die a happy man when I say I was alive to experience the greatest technological creation in the modern automotive industry world, I drove a KIA Soul!

B-Boy
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Now we know in the future not to really put any effort in our reviews since your just going to close your eyes and pick a number?

lurker23
03-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Now we know in the future not to really put any effort in our reviews since your just going to close your eyes and pick a number?

One random winner will be drawn from all the replys to win the Flip Ultra.

Blue Jew
03-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Rigged!