PDA

View Full Version : Flying Car

Spur-Addict
03-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Finally, A Flying Car

For decades, humankind has suffered the indignity of commercial air travel. The security lines. The middle seats. The surly flight attendants. It's enough to make a person say, "I'd rather drive my car." Well, the Terrafugia Transition hopes to do you one better. It wants to let you "fly" your car.

Yep, the much talked about flying car is finally here. Terrafugia has manufactured a two-seater called the Transition. And, in 30 seconds, it can be transformed from an extremely ugly automobile into an honest-to-goodness plane that goes about 115 mph.

After a test flight for reporters, queries on "terrafugia" and "flying car" both soared into the stratosphere. The Boston Herald chimed in with their thoughts on the future of the Transition, and notes that while the idea of owning a flying car is certainly appealing, the reality won't come cheap. Sticker price is a jaw-dropping $194,000. And, of course, drivers will need a pilot's license as well. Maybe sitting in 22B isn't so bad after all.

VyR2E1QGTCk

It's also featured right now on Yahoo. There's a short video there as well. The Yahoo video is alot better because it actually shows lift off and the vehicle maintaining flight.

--------------

I don't know, I found it interesting.

ss1986v2
03-19-2009, 02:35 AM
obligatory:

IsFfBB2W7IA

Spur-Addict
03-19-2009, 03:17 AM
:lol

Wild Cobra
03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
There was a flying car made in the 70's. It wasn't quite the same design. It pulled a trailer that folded onto the car to be the wings and tail. A friend of mine saw it and his father flew in it with the owner/creator. It was also featured in a magazine. I don't remember which. Maybe Popular Mechanics, or Popular Science.

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 02:57 PM
is that little keychain on that dudes shorts the alarm for that plar?