PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James is the best defender in the NBA.

Cry Havoc
03-19-2009, 03:30 AM
Thus sayeth the Jon Barry.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I like LeBron's game, but this is just laughable.

Spur-Addict
03-19-2009, 03:58 AM
I stopped watching halftime shows with Jon Barry. I also stopped watching ESPN shows with Jon Barry. Furthermore, if he happens to be an analyst for a game, i'll mute it. He believes he's so certain most of the time, and he ends up looking like a fool. Also, he has an obvious issue with the Spurs. He's "Tired" of the Spurs.

JB is lame.

eisfeld
03-19-2009, 04:41 AM
God, Barry used to provide decent comments but now he's just a tool.

stretch
03-19-2009, 08:05 AM
when every player plays their absolute best defense, then I don't think there is a question that Lebron is the best defender in the NBA. he is simply too big, quick, fast, and strong for anyone. but he rarely plays at that level, because he needs the energy for offense, unlike guys like Bowen or Posey who don't do shit on offense other than hitting an occasional three or set a pick.

if i wanted one guy to defend Kobe for one last shot of a game, I would want Lebron on him. his level of athleticism and versatility is unmatched by anyone in NBA history.

he does a lot of hustle plays too. he has something like 17 blocked break-away layups, or something insane like that. i think the next closest is like 4 or something.

djohn2oo8
03-19-2009, 08:58 AM
It was actually Mark Jackson that said that, who like averaged 2 points a game in his career, terrible analyst

JamStone
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Jon Barry hasn't changed with his style and commentary from a few years ago when he was sucking on the Spurs' penis. Not too many complaints from Spurs fans back then.

JamStone
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM
God, Barry used to provide decent comments but now he's just a tool.

Nope. You just liked him back then because he was pro-Spurs.

stretch
03-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Jon Barry hasn't changed with his style and commentary from a few years ago when he was sucking on the Spurs' penis. Not too many complaints from Spurs fans back then.

:lmao

Thunder Dan
03-19-2009, 09:01 AM
I don't understand the comedy in this. He is the best. He blocked a 360 dunk

ambchang
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM

From what I could recall, Jon Barry has always hated the Spurs. He was one of the lead in calling the Spurs boring, and was so ridiculously pro Suns back in the day. We must have been watching different Barrys.

JamStone
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
You weren't watching Barry in the 2007 playoffs, that's for sure.

eisfeld
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Nope. You just liked him back then because he was pro-Spurs.

No, I liked him because he had some objective takes a few years back. Him being on the Spurs bandwagon was just lame.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
best man to man perimeter defender in the NBA = Paul Pierce

stretch
03-19-2009, 09:51 AM
best man to man perimeter defender in the NBA = Paul Pierce

fail.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
fail.

Who's a better defender?

Pierce is the one guy who consistently frustrates Kobe and Lebron.

Pelicans78
03-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Everyone says the Spurs are boring. Not just him. Unfortunately the Hornets have become even more boring this season.

The Franchise
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Mark Jackson was the one who said that. Jon Barry actually said Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant were neck and neck.

JoeTait75
03-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't know if LBJ is the best defender in the NBA, but I've seen him guard Tony Parker and Chris Bosh and do a damn good job on both. He has a LOT of versatility in terms of who he can cover.

stretch
03-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Who's a better defender?

He doesnt. its a team effort. those guys have some damn good rotations and timely double teams, and clog driving lanes before bron and kobe have a chance to get through them. hes not a bad defender, but at his best, hes definitely not as good as Lebron or Kobe playing their best defense.

iggypop123
03-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Who's a better defender?

thats cause he has a wall behind him. its not that he is great. he just has help ready. one on one defensee kobe is the best , but that rarely happens. he gets picked off and that about ends one on one defense

JoeTait75
03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Who's a better defender?

Pierce didn't start consistently frustrating LeBron until he got some help behind him. The first few years LeBron was in the league he torched Pierce and the Celtics with regularity. And he still torches Pierce regularily at the Q.

Cry Havoc
03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Mark Jackson was the one who said that. Jon Barry actually said Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant were neck and neck.

My bad. =\ I was sure Jon said it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 11:21 AM
And he still torches Pierce regularily at the Q.

So when he's allowed to crab dribble he torches them, big deal.

JoeTait75
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
So when he's allowed to crab dribble he torches them, big deal.

Bring something to the table besides hate, DoK. I know you're capable of it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Bring something to the table besides hate, DoK. I know you're capable of it.

OK, but hating is so much fun:lol

And yeah Pierce does need help from the big men against Lebron, but tell me who doesn't?

JoeTait75
03-19-2009, 12:32 PM
And yeah Pierce does need help from the big men against Lebron, but tell me who doesn't?

I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing. LeBron gets help on Pierce, too.

To give Pierce credit, he has always gone after LeBron full-bore on the offensive end. The guy is a great competitor and a clutch player, and always has been.

RedsLakers24
03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Didnt Courtney Lee have a big night agaisnt him last game?

MambaJuice2408
03-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Who's a better defender?

It's cuz he's fat

JamStone
03-19-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't know if LBJ is the best defender in the NBA, but I've seen him guard Tony Parker and Chris Bosh and do a damn good job on both. He has a LOT of versatility in terms of who he can cover.

Guys like Shawn Marion and Kenyon Martin and Tayshaun Prince have that same type of versatility on defense.

The major and probably only reason why LeBron isn't the best defender in the league is his consistency, not only game in and game out but quarter by quarter and possession by possession he doesn't always play great defense. It's one thing to take a few plays off or when his team is struggling offensively to really take on more at the offensive end. But, there are games where LeBron definitely coasts on defense. He's certainly capable from a physical standpoint and even based on instincts to be the best defender in the league.

JamStone
03-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Who's a better defender?

Put Paul Pierce on the Phoenix Suns and he wouldn't frustrate Kobe and LeBron.

It's because of his teammates that Pierce has been effective against Kobe and LeBron. KG is a great team defender. Rondo and Perkins are very good defenders. And Thibodeaux has given them a great system to work in.

Paul Pierce is a very good defender in his own right. But, the only reason he does well against guys like Kobe and LeBron is because of the team he's on, the teammates he has, the coaching schemes they use.

stretch
03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Guys like Shawn Marion and Kenyon Martin and Tayshaun Prince have that same type of versatility on defense.

The major and probably only reason why LeBron isn't the best defender in the league is his consistency, not only game in and game out but quarter by quarter and possession by possession he doesn't always play great defense. It's one thing to take a few plays off or when his team is struggling offensively to really take on more at the offensive end. But, there are games where LeBron definitely coasts on defense. He's certainly capable from a physical standpoint and even based on instincts to be the best defender in the league.

Agreed, although this year, he has done MUCH better at playing more consistent defense. He still needs more offensive support before he can play with the consistentcy we all wish to see him play with. If he ever gets that, he could be a yearly candidate for DPOY. scary thought.

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Best defensive player on the best defensive team!!

Cry Havoc
03-19-2009, 03:30 PM

Not to make a Jordan comparison, but MJ was much the same when he was a young player. Dominant to the extreme on offense, but not a big defensive presence. He learned as a player to use his mental abilities to keep his body as rested as possible when in the game and only use the muscles he needed to, as needed.

If LeBron learns to play defense the way that MJ ramped up his game, there will be no one on Earth even near LeBron's level of play. The Kobe - LeBron debate will seem silly.

Spursmania
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
:lol:lol:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Best defensive player on the best defensive team!!

Boston's D > Cleveland's D