03-19-2009, 09:12 AM
@ Hawks, @ Pacers, vs Warriors, vs Nuggets

and if they dont ill be pretty mad

lurker
03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Cool.

eisfeld
03-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Nah... they will lose to one team. Most likely Warriors or Pacers.

Findog
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM

and if they dont i wont post for two months

They're going to lose versus the Hawks and Pacers.

Pelicans78
03-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Winning at Atlanta is really tough. They're really good at home. I would settle for 3-1 in that stretch.

sribb43
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
They're going to lose versus the Hawks and Pacers.

+1...Mavs cant win in Indy and Troy Murphy always takes a dump on Dirk, Rasho plays like Duncan and TJ Ford will run all over Barea and Kidd.....and I havent even mentioned Granger

lurker
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
They've already lost 3 times this season to Denver. It wouldn't be be a shock for them to lose another.

sribb43
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
like I said, after this road trip, the suns will only be 2 games back in the loss column and the Mavs will start sweating bullets

Findog
03-19-2009, 09:50 AM
+1...Mavs cant win in Indy and Troy Murphy always takes a dump on Dirk, Rasho plays like Duncan and TJ Ford will run all over Barea and Kidd.....and I havent even mentioned Granger

well, mainly because it's going to be their third game in four nights when they play the Pacers, and they're going to be on the road.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Good, I hope they do, even I'm starting to get delusional about the Suns making the playoffs, a 4 game winning streak for them would take me out of my misery.

sribb43
03-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Good, I hope they do, even I'm starting to get delusional about the Suns making the playoffs, a 4 game winning streak for them would take me out of my misery.

Like I said April 5th could be a huge game to determine who gets the 14th or 20th pick in the draft

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Like I said April 5th could be a huge game to determine who gets the 14th or 20th pick in the draft

This is the right attitude to have. Losing to the Laker does nothing other than bring a bunch of Laker trolls to your team's message board.

sribb43
03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
This is the right attitude to have. Losing to the Laker does nothing other than bring a bunch of Laker trolls to your team's message board.

:tu....We havent lost to the Lakers since the WCF in 1988, pre-internet of course and I bet alot of these Laker bandwagoners dont even remember that

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 10:12 AM
:tu....We havent lost to the Lakers since the WCF in 1988, pre-internet of course and I bet alot of these Laker bandwagoners dont even remember that

Since most Laker trolls have been fans since the Gasol trade.....ya probably not :lol

ForeignFan
03-19-2009, 10:32 AM

See you in two months :toast

sribb43
03-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh, and that Mavs 88 team was probably the best Mavs team ever.

:toast

rayray2k8
03-19-2009, 10:48 AM
they'll only win against golden state..
Nice knowing you..
Actually your troll act was pretty lame so might as well
never come back. :lol

manufor3
03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
yay bump's not gonna post for 2 whole months!

lurker
03-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Another fallen Mavs fan. So long, BUMP.

Brickhouse
03-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Bye BUMP!

Glad the Boys in Blue came out and showed heart tonight, 31 3 point attempts, 0-10 for 3 in the 4th quarter.

Good job guys! Donnie must be real proud of a team of such dainty jumpshooters!

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 08:28 PM
This loss was so frustrating. If we shoot SHITTY from three (33%) instead of ABSOLUTELY shitty (20%) we win the game.

It's not great to shoot 31 3's but jeez we couldn't just make 3-4 more?

Oh and Dirk/JET missed 3 FT's whiloe we yielded 3 points via TECHNICALS.

*sigh*, I can't get upset at the guys, the effort was nice and unlike in the past we didn't roll over when down 17.

But it was frustrating to lose a game like that.

It's bad to be a jump shooting team, even worse if you're a jump shot team that can't SHOOT.

That's the big difference from Mavs of 2-3 years ago and now, amongst other things.

*sigh*

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Bye BUMP!

Glad the Boys in Blue came out and showed heart tonight, 31 3 point attempts, 0-10 for 3 in the 4th quarter.

Good job guys! Donnie must be real proud of a team of such dainty jumpshooters!

Our guys deserved a few more FT's tonight IMO. Some calls were shitty.

AS for "heart", getting to the line is skill, not heart.

For example, J-Ho has 1/4th the heart of Kidd but gets to the line 4x as often.

Brickhouse
03-19-2009, 08:35 PM
That was not a "good effort"

That was another display of lazy, chickenshit basketball.

Spursmania
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM

Promises promises:lol
Isn't Dallas losing to Atlanta now?

Brickhouse
Our guys deserved a few more FT's tonight IMO. Some calls were shitty.

For example, J-Ho has 1/4th the heart of Kidd but gets to the line 4x as often.

yes the boys in pink only have the skill to muster ONE FT until midway in the 3rd quarter.

Refs have nothing to do with it.

Spursmania
Dallas already lost?

sribb43
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Mavs shoot too many fuckin' 3's...they are not a 3 point shooting team. Game was within striking distance most of the 4th, no need to jack up 3's. It's sad when your best player on the floor tonight was Ryan Hollins

sribb43
03-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Dallas already lost?

it was already a forgone conlusion, there was no need to even play teh game tonight nor is there any reason to play tomorrow nights game either.

Troy Murphy already has 20 points and 10 boards on Dirk and the game hasnt even started

Spursmania
03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Looks like the Mavs had a tremendously shitty 3rd quarter according to the box score.

Brickhouse
03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
There are so many things wrong with the Mavs, it's hard to know where to begin.

sribb43
03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Looks like the Mavs had a tremendously shitty 3rd quarter according to the box score.

Welcome to the story of the 2008-09 Mavs....shitty ass 3rd quarters that put the team in huge holes that they cant climb out of

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
2nd quarter today.

Outscored them by 7 in the 3rd.

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
There are so many things wrong with the Mavs, it's hard to know where to begin.

There's nothing our guys can do this year obviously, other than go to war with what we got.

Next offseason we hope to fetch some pieces from the contracts of J-Ho Stack and maybe Damp. Hopefully resign guys like Kidd and Singleton.

If we do fetch pieces but it doesn't work out, or our guys in blue are incapable of making the trades then we need to begin a dismantling rebuilding process. Endure 50-60 loss seasons and hope the next superstar falls into our lap.

Not THAT complicated IMO:bking

crc21209
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Well this thread got off on the wrong foot :lol

exstatic
03-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Wrong in one, BUMP. See ya 5/19

Brickhouse
There's nothing our guys can do this year obviously, other than go to war with what we got.

Next offseason we hope to fetch some pieces from the contracts of J-Ho Stack and maybe Damp. Hopefully resign guys like Kidd and Singleton.

If we do fetch pieces but it doesn't work out, or our guys in blue are incapable of making the trades then we need to begin a dismantling rebuilding process. Endure 50-60 loss seasons and hope the next superstar falls into our lap.

Not THAT complicated IMO:bking
-Dirk cannot be the #1 option anymore. He is too easily taken out of games by a double team and is passive as shit out there at times, like the end of tonight's game
-Kidd is over the hill and should just retire. I like Kidd, but I don't know why people keep defending his play. He's a NON FACTOR out there, an expensive non factor
-JHO and Stack ain't getting them shit.

sribb43
Mavs arent going to get shit in 2010 and if they think they do, then Donnie and mark are bigger idiots than i thought. Mavs have a great opportunity to improve this team with the expiring contracts of Damp, Stack and J-Ho. While everyone is sitting on their hands for 2010 Mavs need to move now and take advantage of teams struggling financially this offseason....its that fuckin' simple Donnie and Mark

monosylab1k
03-19-2009, 08:52 PM

Just when I thought you couldn't find any way to look more retarded...

sribb43
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM

Alot of teams dont give a shit if players can play and help their teams win, most owners nowadays want to find a way to save the most money possible and thats what will happen this summer. J-ho and stack are much more valuable than they were at the trade deadline or last offseason and its not bc of their skill

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
-Dirk cannot be the #1 option anymore. He is too easily taken out of games by a double team and is passive as shit out there at times, like the end of tonight's game
-Kidd is over the hill and should just retire. I like Kidd, but I don't know why people keep defending his play. He's a NON FACTOR out there, an expensive non factor

1. Yeah. probably. What can you do. There's less than 5 #1 options in the league so we're in the same boat as 25 other teams with regard to a "#1 option" (if you're talking about on a championship contender team). Dirk's still the next best thing.

2. I dunno about "non factor", he's just not what our guys hoped for when we traded for him but he's still pretty solid. The problem is he's the 3rd best player when he "should" be the 4th or 5th best player.

3. Maybe, maybe not. Obviously not for their skills, but perhaps in a salary dump.

monosylab1k
03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Boy, John Salmons and Brad Miller are sure sucking ass for Chicago. I didn't want Miller, but so many people assured me that Salmons for JHo was a lateral move :lmao

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Just when I thought you couldn't find any way to look more retarded...

So what you're telling me is Josh Howard has more heart than Jason Terry and Jason Kidd gotcha. :king

Brickhouse
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Donnie and Cuban will find a way to screw it up. Trust.

sribb43
03-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Donnie and Cuban will find a way to screw it up. Trust.

Here's to Donnie re-signing Dick Breathe for a 3rd time this offseason:toast

Brickhouse
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Boy, John Salmons and Brad Miller are sure sucking ass for Chicago. I didn't want Miller, but so many people assured me that Salmons for JHo was a lateral move :lmao

Don't forget...Gerald Wallace wouldn't help either. "he's made of glass, he's so injury prone"

sribb43
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Fuck Mike Miller we got Devean George, Antoine Wright and JJ Barea to play our SG position :lmao

Brickhouse
03-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Carlisle and JJ have a relationship bordering the Avery-stack one.

How many times does the opposing player have to post up and get an easy basket on the Midget, before Carlisle realizes that he fucking sucks.

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Don't forget...Gerald Wallace wouldn't help either. "he's made of glass, he's so injury prone"

Define "help". Make us better. Sure, considering J-Ho's missed a bunch of games and is a black hole in the ones he plays.. Make us elite? Hell no.

It very well could be "lateral" in that it wouldn't change the fact that we may be headed for a 1st round exit.

If only it was that easy. The acquisition of players who aren't even top 50 in the league can vault a team from a 1st round playoff exit to at least 10 playoff wins. You would think the Suns would be doing better w/ J-Rich if that was the case.

I didn't know you guys were tapping the wires though and know what deals the Mavs FO turned down or what was available to them.

sribb43
03-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Carlisle and JJ have a relationship bordering the Avery-stack one.

How many times does the opposing player have to post up and get an easy basket on the Midget, before Carlisle realizes that he fucking sucks.

I want Dwayne Casey as coach, he didnt play JJB down the stretch

Brickhouse
03-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Define "help". Make us better. Sure, considering J-Ho's missed a bunch of games and is a black hole in the ones he plays.. Make us elite? Hell no.

It very well could be "lateral" in that it wouldn't change the fact that we may be headed for a 1st round exit.

If only it was that easy. The acquisition of players who aren't even top 50 in the league can vault a team from a 1st round playoff exit to at least 10 playoff wins. You would think the Suns would be doing better w/ J-Rich if that was the case.

I didn't know you guys were tapping the wires though and know what deals the Mavs FO turned down or what was available to them.

OK Donnie.

Another wasted season for Dirk + old core is definitely better than trading for players that could have an impact. But yes 2010 and that Gasol-like trade is just waiting right around the corner.

monosylab1k
03-19-2009, 09:10 PM
So what you're telling me is Josh Howard has more heart than Jason Terry and Jason Kidd gotcha. :king

That's where you're fucking retarded. Again.

Constantly attacking the basket means taking constant hits. You have to be tough as hell to attack the basket nonstop. It takes heart to do that, whether it's one person or an entire team.

It's taking the easy way out when you decide to jack up 30+ three pointers. It's easy to shoot a jumper. It's hard to attack the basket, take the punishment, then do it again. and again. and again.

I'm telling you that nobody on the Mavericks has any heart.

monosylab1k
03-19-2009, 09:11 PM

No, you're right. Donnie and Mark are the bestest front office guys ever! :cheer

Donnie Nelson
03-19-2009, 09:13 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself. Son, you are well on your way to earning an internship with the Mavericks.

sribb43
03-19-2009, 09:14 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself. Son, you are well on your way to earning an internship with the Mavericks.

:lol

Brickhouse
03-19-2009, 09:15 PM

:lmao:lmao

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 09:18 PM
No, you're right. Donnie and Mark are the bestest front office guys ever! :cheer

No butttt... Im gonna assume the best case scenario with a guy like John mutha fuckin Salmons or G-Wallace is a 2nd round exit instead of 1st, and wouldn't change the fact that our future is gloomy. I'm pretty sure you personally wouldn't be content with that, so why complain?

But our guys in blue should look forward, not backward. Can't play the "what if" game. But Im gonna go ahead and safely assume that "if" we had one of those 2 mentioned players we wouldn't be in the class of elite teams.

BUMP
03-20-2009, 10:49 AM
yay bump's not gonna post for 2 whole months!

?

im still here

stretch
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
hi bump

aka_USAPA
03-20-2009, 11:18 AM

and if they dont ill be pretty mad
I marvel at fans of other teams who love to post things in other boards about upcoming games of their respective teams such as this thread as if fans of other teams really care. Seriously, do Mavs fans really believe they will get out of the First round? What's next? Game to game prediction of Mavs' remaining games? The bigger question... do non-Mavs fans really care about how mediocre the Mavs are?

Brickhouse
03-20-2009, 12:48 PM
The bigger question... do non-Mavs fans really care about how mediocre the Mavs are?

And yet you still find time to post in a lot of Mav-related threads. :toast

It's OK, we're all Mavochists.

Indazone
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Like the thread title.

Hows it working out for ya? :smokin

Sportstudi
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Like the thread title.

Hows it working out for ya? :smokin

I really like your sig :toast

sook
03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
they can't beat the nuggets...i don't get why everyone underestimates them they are friggin good

sook
I really like your sig :toast

mme too

Ghazi
they can't beat the nuggets...i don't get why everyone underestimates them they are friggin good

How about cause their best player is Carmelo Anthony?

Sportstudi
03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm just curious about today before I will start thinking about the rest. Hopefully the refs are better this time. Don't get me wrong, we had enough chances against the Hawks and our shooting was just terrible. Thus it was majorly our fault. But still...

To cite one post on a Mavs-board (sorry thurst for citing you here, but you wrote it perfectly):

Those refs were atrocious last night and Dirk was absolutely right when he got the T for screaming "And 1" at the ref. I rewinded and watched it in slow motion and Evans fouled Dirk at least three times on that play. He clearly pushed Dirk in the back with two hands, TWICE, and then hacked him on the arm during the shot.

And I don't care what anyone says with regard to our offensive attack in the first half not being aggressive enough to earn freethrows. With Dirk's offensive skill and the difficulty that poses to defenses, there's no way the Hawks committed ZERO shooting fouls in the first half. That is an absolute embarrassment to the ref squad to allow the Hawks to shoot so many more freethrows for such a long stretch of the game.

I know the refs aren't the reason the team lost and that they could have taken the game with some smarter play and better shooting down the stretch, but jeez it is hard to watch.

But of course, it's the second night of a B2B, it's away and guys like Dirk and Kidd played over, respectively almost 40 minutes yesterday. Thus it will be a tough one, no doubt about that.

CubanMustGo
03-20-2009, 02:31 PM
?

im still here

Pussy changed the original post after the Mavs lost. Too bad so many people quoted the original which said s/he wouldn't post for two months if the Mavs didn't win all four games.

sook
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
How about cause their best player is Carmelo Anthony?

they have billups on their team, you know? The guy that was Finals MVP in 2004?