PDA

View Full Version : A lot of injures for Friday's game against Boston

45 bank shot
03-19-2009, 09:33 AM
For Boston: Poor man's Matt Bonner, KG is questionable, Ray Allen is also questionable, Leon Powe

For us: Manu out, Tim hopefully plays

DPG21920
03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
I bet everyone plays but Scal and Powe for Boston. For Spurs, no Manu.

xtremesteven33
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
I hear Garnetts gonna play Friday.

DPG21920
03-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Tim will have had 3 days off by the time the Spurs play Boston. Then he gets another day off before Houston. From what the doctors have said, getting this much rest really is not going to help him when he plays, it won't get better until after the season, if at all.

Indazone
03-19-2009, 10:55 AM
This game is going to be at playoff intensity. If KG plays then this game will be off the chain.

VI_Massive
03-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Timmy's definitely playing, that's why they rested him against Minnesota. Just like they did with the Denver game earlier in the season, it was rest on a back-to-back in anticipation of a big game later in the week.

I think KG will play but they've been properly cautious with him, so if he's still hurting even a bit I think they still sit him because they know he has to be healthy for them to go anywhere in the playoffs. If they had lost last night to Miami then maybe they would feel more urgency in bringing KG back, but since they pulled it out I think it goes back to super-caution with him.

Spork KIller
03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Boston will spank the spurms without mercy...

Spursmania
03-19-2009, 11:29 AM
I think everyone will play but Manu for the Spurs. Pop was definitely sitting him out to rest for Boston. I bet they don't play KG either. I am going to Friday's game and can't wait.

Gutter92
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Spurm Killer is back.

I think that both Duncan/KG will play.

Gant
03-19-2009, 01:10 PM
If Garnett plays it will be limited minutes.

Death In June
03-19-2009, 01:57 PM
When was Duncan diagnosed with the injury? Does anyone know how long he has had it prior to being diagnosed? The earliest expected recovery is eight weeks (up to 9 months), with an 80% chance of full recovery. I'm not sure if being an athlete will help or hurt his cause. Hopefully, by some miracle, it's on the short side and he's back to normal soon.

Spursmania
03-19-2009, 02:21 PM
When was Duncan diagnosed with the injury? Does anyone know how long he has had it prior to being diagnosed? The earliest expected recovery is eight weeks (up to 9 months), with an 80% chance of full recovery. I'm not sure if being an athlete will help or hurt his cause. Hopefully, by some miracle, it's on the short side and he's back to normal soon.

That's true, but that recovery time is for people who actually rest the injury. Not really applicable to TD because he continues playing while hurt. As many people have posted, TD will not be able to recover until he gets time to rest in the off-season. That's why TD states he will have to manage the pain and play through it. It is what it is. Who really knows how much pain he is actually playing through now.

I imagine it hampers him quite a bit. I was taken aback when I first saw him playing with those thick bulky knee pads on both knees. Check out Tim's mini-forum, there might be more about it there from Duncan228.:toast

Gant
03-19-2009, 02:24 PM
It was just reported that Ray Allen and Garnett are both on the plane to San Antonio. Whether they play or not is still to be determined.

duncan228
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
The tendonosis was diagnosed after the Mav's game (February 24) that Duncan couldn't play in after his regular warm up.

My concern is his ability to play through it, it's not going away. I'm also concerned because it's not just his right that's bothering him, his left knee is chronic and it's been acting up all season. Trying to play through one painful knee is bad enough, two sounds like a daunting task, even for Duncan.

Budkin
03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
If KG sits, Tim will sit, and vice versa.

Death In June
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
That's true, but that recovery time is for people who actually rest the injury. Not really applicable to TD because he continues playing while hurt. As many people have posted, TD will not be able to recover until he gets time to rest in the off-season. That's why TD states he will have to manage the pain and play through it. It is what it is. Who really knows how much pain he is actually playing through now.

I imagine it hampers him quite a bit. I was taken aback when I first saw him playing with those thick bulky knee pads on both knees. Check out Tim's mini-forum, there might be more about it there from Duncan228.:toast
I think the way tendonosis goes, you're actually suppose to exercise the tendon to increase the tensile strength. So, maybe the right mix of rest and activity might help him. Wishful thinking, I guess.

VI_Massive
03-19-2009, 06:12 PM
I think the way tendonosis goes, you're actually suppose to exercise the tendon to increase the tensile strength.

but that's different that 30 mins of nba basketball. he's going to do whatever exercise is required for recovery on off days.

Spur|n|Austin
03-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Boston will spank the spurms without mercy...

Just curious, you keep saying it, but what is a spurm?

I guess I never get your jokes or whatever they are, because I don't understand that word. It's not in the dictionary either..

Spork KIller
03-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Just curious, you keep saying it, but what is a spurm?

I guess I never get your jokes or whatever they are, because I don't understand that word. It's not in the dictionary either..

:lol:lol:lol

Spurm=Sperm

:lmao

Rogue
03-20-2009, 07:21 AM
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2958/fucktonylepeuqq5.jpgsperm? is it something spewed from this erected finger?