PDA

View Full Version : st paddys day

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 10:03 AM
what did everyone get into this past tuesday? i bar hopped and ended the night at the flying saucer where i met this man...

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/~jchamplin/ambrosia/thatguy/15.jpg

very cool dude. anyhow just thought i'd share with yall. anyone wanna share their story?

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I wore green and that is about it.

mexicanjunior
03-19-2009, 10:24 AM
what did everyone get into this past tuesday? i bar hopped and ended the night at the flying saucer where i met this man...

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/~jchamplin/ambrosia/thatguy/15.jpg

very cool dude. anyhow just thought i'd share with yall. anyone wanna share their story?

You met Danny Trejo? Very cool...you should have asked him to do his Octavio and Enrique voices from King of the Hill... :lol

Dex
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I made the mistake of going to Sherlock's on St. Patty's Day last year. We actually got there before the gigantic line formed at the door, but it was still packed and retarded. I can say I was there, and I did it, but I can't say I had a whole lot of fun. I don't like having to mosh to get a beer from the bar.

This year we just went to a bar with ZERO Irish influence. It was more crowded than usual and they still had the green beer and all, but it was a lot more tolerable, and it wasn't that hard to imagine the drunken frat kids if I really wanted to.

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I made the mistake of going to Sherlock's on St. Patty's Day last year. We actually got there before the gigantic line formed at the door, but it was still packed and retarded. I can say I was there, and I did it, but I can't say I had a whole lot of fun. I don't like having to mosh to get a beer from the bar.

This year we just went to a bar with ZERO Irish influence. It was more crowded than usual and they still had the green beer and all, but it was a lot more tolerable, and it wasn't that hard to imagine the drunken frat kids if I really wanted to.

oh no sherlocks!? god that place is annoying as hell if you just want a freakin' beer. i'm not fond of that place, then again i am sure most would think the same about the bars i frequent.

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
You met Danny Trejo? Very cool...you should have asked him to do his Octavio and Enrique voices from King of the Hill... :lol

ah shit! that would of been awesome but sadly i only got a handshake and some respect knuckles out of meeting him.

he did say he was in town because he's been filming sin city 2 in wimberly with antonio banderes.

The Reckoning
03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
went to the spurs game

IronMexican
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Que the Danny Trejo troll. It must have been pretty cool to meet him.

ashbeeigh
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I made the mistake of going to Sherlock's on St. Patty's Day last year.

And you couldn't have told us this on Tuesday? One of my friends was like 'Sherlocks! Tuesday!" So I went out with her. It was ridiculously crowded so we bailed. We went to Finnegan's down the way a bit. Crowded and with some Irish influence, but it was a typical bar night. Stayed out until 2 and went to work a bit hung over.

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
And you couldn't have told us this on Tuesday? One of my friends was like 'Sherlocks! Tuesday!" So I went out with her. It was ridiculously crowded so we bailed. We went to Finnegan's down the way a bit. Crowded and with some Irish influence, but it was a typical bar night. Stayed out until 2 and went to work a bit hung over.

finnegans...? is that right off of 281 and in a corner of a little strip center? if it's the same bar i am thinking of that place sucks! not to disrespect you or anything by saying that about finnegans but damn when i went in there it gave me the heebee geebees... a handful of old dudes flirting with the ugly bartender and all the lights as dim as they could be. i quickly split but my buddy loves that bar for whatever reason.

oh and IM, trejo is a really quiet dude. either he was just trying to hide out that night or he's just like that. dude barely spoke up when he said hello to me after i said it to him. bunch of chicks trying to get with him that night and he looked like a scared high school nerd talking to the hot chick for the first time.

ATRAIN
03-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Went to Bagpipes in Austin which was packed but they ran outa green beer. Oh well I had Guinness anyways.

ashbeeigh
03-19-2009, 02:21 PM
finnegans...? is that right off of 281 and in a corner of a little strip center? if it's the same bar i am thinking of that place sucks! not to disrespect you or anything by saying that about finnegans but damn when i went in there it gave me the heebee geebees... a handful of old dudes flirting with the ugly bartender and all the lights as dim as they could be. i quickly split but my buddy loves that bar for whatever reason.

That's the one. I wasn't really paying attention. It was standing room only because it was so close to Sherlocks. I stayed with the people i was with so didn't really get the feel for the place. It wouldn't be my pick to go out to. i'm much more of a Flying Saucer type of person.