PDA

View Full Version : Slavery Reparations in congress

Pages : [1] 2

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2009, 10:04 AM
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?bill=12489961

A special commission has been created to research how best to do "slavery reparations" by the Federal government. The commission of seven is appointed by Nancy Pelosi (3), Obama (3), and Senator Robert Byrd (1). They have eight Million dollars appropriated for this commission and the power of subpoena. They are supposed to report back to the House in 90 days with their recommendations.

I continue to be amazed.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Why slavery ever existed in this Country amazes me.

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Are Mexicans going to get in on this?

The Reckoning
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
this was sooo 145 years ago

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Are Mexicans going to get in on this?

I think Wal-Mart is on this already.

ashbeeigh
03-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Because adding even more debt to the national budget is awesome. :tu

Isn't this visited like every few years and squashed?

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 10:17 AM
reparations... fuckin' retarded.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Reparations is stupid as hell.

Having said that, if Reparations goes through . . . I'll be expecting a whole new round of Reparations for Hispanics.

Fuck, if one group gets them, then all the groups who have been fucked in the past better get them as well.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Reparation is just such a stupid concept.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Give everyone who wants Reparations 40 acres in the western deserts and a mule.

That would be fair.

JudynTX
03-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Here we go again. :lmao

Al Sharpton
03-19-2009, 10:25 AM

So was slavery and those so called "treaties" the white man loved so much with the Native Americans.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
So was slavery and those so called "treaties" the white man loved so much with the Native Americans.

:lol:lol
Pinche, mouse.

Anyway, can someone tell me why African Americans should get Reparations before the Native Americans do?

And, don't give me this shit that they have autonomy in the Reservations.

We should give them the entire midwest, or maybe Mississippi.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.california-lims.com/miscimages/michealbuffer.jpg
Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

Blake
03-19-2009, 10:33 AM
.......(7) Recommend appropriate remedies in consideration of the Commission's findings on the matters described in paragraphs (1), (2), (3), and (4). In making such recommendations, the Commission shall address among other issues, the following questions:

(A) Whether the Government of the United States should offer a formal apology on behalf of the people of the United States for the perpetration of gross human rights violations on African slaves and their descendants.

(B) Whether African-Americans still suffer from the lingering effects of the matters described in paragraphs (1), (2), (3), and (4).

(C) Whether, in consideration of the Commission's findings, any form of compensation to the descendants of African slaves is warranted.

(D) If the Commission finds that such compensation is warranted, what should be the amount of compensation, what form of compensation should be awarded, and who should be eligible for such compensation.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/webreturn/?url=http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.40:

I know all of us are thinking about Dave Chapelle

InRareForm
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
^ http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=24406

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Lets discuss reparations for discriminating against black people while we continually discriminate on tax paying homosexuals.

Because one we used to treat like a 10th of a human being that didn't pay taxes but now gets treated equally and pays taxes while the other pays 100% of their taxes and still gets treated like a 10th of a human being.

Blake
03-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Lets discuss reparations for discriminating against black people while we continually discriminate on tax paying homosexuals.

Because one we used to treat like a 10th of a human being that didn't pay taxes but now gets treated equally and pays taxes while the other pays 100% of their taxes and still gets treated like a 10th of a human being.

when was it ever legal to capture, enslave, buy and sell homosexuals?

stupid post of the day

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:40 AM

They don't get treated like human being because they aren't even allowed to get married like most human beings do.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:41 AM

Slaves were allowed to get married.

Homesexuals are not.

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
They don't get treated like human being because they aren't even allowed to get married like most human beings do.

marriage is overrated anyhow and it's a means to an end for most.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM

stupid post of the dayOh so some discrimination is okay but some isn't. I agree its not a total apples to apples comparison but the principle of discrimination is still present. I also consider the issue compounded because in modern time we still haven't figured out how to treat people.

They don't get treated like human being because they aren't even allowed to get married like most human beings do.That's why I said "10th of a human being".

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:45 AM
marriage is overrated anyhow and it's a means to an end for most.

My opinions on it aside, it still doesn't make it right to deny them the right that the rest of humanity has.

ididnotnothat
03-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh so some discrimination is okay but some isn't. I agree its not a total apples to apples comparison but the principle of discrimination is still present. I also consider the issue compounded because in modern time we still haven't figured out how to treat people.

That's why I said "10th of a human being".

You mean like homeless people living in tents?

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I never realized that gay marriage was such a burning issue with you macho guys.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh so some discrimination is okay but some isn't. I agree its not a total apples to apples comparison but the principle of discrimination is still present. I also consider the issue compounded because in modern time we still haven't figured out how to treat people.

That's why I said "10th of a human being".

I know.

But, they don't even get the respect of being treated like a 10th of a human being.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
You mean like homeless people living in tents?

Yea, giving people equal rights is the same as giving people handouts.

Nice one.

You hit that one right out of the park.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Marriage rocks!!

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:48 AM
I never realized that gay marriage was such a burning issue with you macho guys.

I never realized it was such a threat to you.

Could it be that you're too afraid that you'd be tempted to try and tap some young guy's ass?

ididnotnothat
03-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Yea, giving people equal rights is the same as giving people handouts.

Nice one.

You hit that one right out of the park.

Treating them with respect costs nothing. :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2009, 10:49 AM
we do have reparations, its called Welfair

The Reckoning
03-19-2009, 10:50 AM
lol now they are going to give reparations to all women. im sure thatd work out fine...

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 10:50 AM

Welfair has no racial barriers.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Treating them with respect costs nothing. :rolleyes

Then, give them the right to get married.

You know, like the rest of us humans.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:54 AM

:lol

ididnotnothat
03-19-2009, 10:55 AM

I was referring to the homeless. I support gay marriage rights.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
I was referring to the homeless. I support gay marriage rights.

I know what you were referring to.

What B2B was referring to was treating homosexuals like another class of people by denying them a civil right.

You brought up the homeless with no apparent point. I simply called you out on it.

ididnotnothat
03-19-2009, 10:59 AM
I know what you were referring to.

What B2B was referring to was treating homosexuals like another class of people by denying them a civil right.

You brought up the homeless with no apparent point. I simply called you out on it.

I called B2B out because he treats the homeless like a different class of human beings. Hypocrite.

I Love Me Some Me
03-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Actually, they have the right to get married exactly like the rest of us. They'd prefer to have a special right to get married differently than the rest of us.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Actually, they have the right to get married exactly like the rest of us. They'd prefer to have a special right to get married differently than the rest of us.

Huh!?!?

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Slaves were allowed to get married.

Homesexuals are not.

I never realized how good slaves had it until you put it that way.

Red Hawk #21
03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Huh!?!?

I think he's trying to say that gay people are allowed to marry people from the opposite sex but they choose not to.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I think he's trying to say that gay people are allowed to marry people from the opposite sex but they choose not to.

Thank for clearing that up. MY stupid retarded ass missed it.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:08 AM
I called B2B out because he treats the homeless like a different class of human beings. Hypocrite.

No he doesn't you stupid shit.

He's just against giving people, who are totally capable of fending for themselves, handouts.

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2009, 11:08 AM

You guys just don't get it. Civil Unions would give them the same legal protections (hospital visitations, purchasing property together, etc.) as marriage without opening up civil litigation reverse discrimination issues like forcing a priest to perform a service his religion did not approve of and/or getting civil damages if he doesn't...I am not a homophobe and could care less about same sex relationships but that doesn't mean that I don't respect the right of someone to feel differently.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:09 AM

= stupid a$$ post of the day

go ahead and look even more stupid in alluding to the idea that I think discrimination on any level is ok.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:10 AM

Homosexuals are allowed to get legally married in every state of the Union??

Really?

We need to alert the news media on this.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:11 AM
I never realized how good slaves had it until you put it that way.

I'm glad you're opening yourself to new horizons.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:11 AM

So, he attempted to make a point but looked stupid in the process.

ididnotnothat
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
No he doesn't you stupid shit.

He's just against giving people, who are totally capable of fending for themselves, handouts.

No he isn't. He himself said he doesn't feel sorry for them. You are just too stupid to see it.

ididnotnothat
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
So, he attempted to make a point but looked stupid in the process.

You make yourself look stupid by calling everyone else stupid because they dare think differently. Now that is retarded.

JoeChalupa
:lmao

Blake
Homosexuals are allowed to get legally married in every state of the Union??

Really?

We need to alert the news media on this.

yes, they can marry members of the opposite sex if they want to.

no need to alert the media.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm glad you're opening yourself to new horizons.

It's pretty pathetic that you aren't.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-19-2009, 11:16 AM
or spelling barriers

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Civil Unions would give them the same legal protections

They don't want that!!!

You don't seem to be getting it!!

They want the same rights everyone else has! And, you're point about forcing priests to marry gays is ludicrous.

There are gay priests who are more than willing to marry gay couples.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
No he isn't. He himself said he doesn't feel sorry for them. You are just too stupid to see it.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, apparently.

He said he doesn't feel sorry for people that are completely capable of fending for themselves.

You would understand that if you would only learn to read properly, but your IQ probably gets in the way.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Are Mexicans going to get in on this?well in my opinion a lot of mexicans are still slaves.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:20 AM
You make yourself look stupid by calling everyone else stupid because they dare think differently. Now that is retarded.

Once again . . . reading comprehension problems.

Go back and read what he posted. Then go to the post where Hawk explains what he said.

Then, come back and try to explain it all.

Or, is that too much for you?

DarkReign
03-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Reparations...HA!

You give my tax dollars to descendants of slaves, see what fucking happens.

People are out of their goddamn minds. I dont owe you shit on a shingle, much less place to throw it away.

Absolutely ridiculous and has about, oh....ZERO fucking chance of passing.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
yes, they can marry members of the opposite sex if they want to.

no need to alert the media.

So, it's okay as long as you ask them to marry people they don't want to marry.

Okay, you make plenty of sense.

Since we are going down the road of forcing people to marry members of the sex they don't want to marry . . . why don't we make you marry one of the UTSA dudes you hate so much?

ididnotnothat
03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Once again . . . reading comprehension problems.

Go back and read what he posted. Then go to the post where Hawk explains what he said.

Then, come back and try to explain it all.

Or, is that too much for you?

You are so far up his ass but you are just to plain stupid to see it.

ididnotnothat
03-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, apparently.

He said he doesn't feel sorry for people that are completely capable of fending for themselves.

You would understand that if you would only learn to read properly, but your IQ probably gets in the way.

You need to get back on the sauce because you made much more sense when you where just an asshole.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:25 AM
You are so far up his ass but you are just to plain stupid to see it.

There goes your IQ again, getting in the way.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
well in my opinion a lot of mexicans are still slaves.

There is some truth to that.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
You need to get back on the sauce because you made much more sense when you where just an asshole.

You just need to learn to read.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only stupid one around here.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:29 AM
I called B2B out because he treats the homeless like a different class of human beings. Hypocrite.The homeless have the ability to be treated equally. There is no laws preventing them from seeking employment, serving their country or getting married.

Nothing hypocritical about it. I'm fine with a homeless guy getting married. Fine with him or her seeking a tax break and so on. I fully support a homeless man having every law abiding right as a guy who is a functional piece of society.

You have me confused with a stigma associated with them I'm supporting the homeless seeking a way out not in support of keeping them down.

So basically you have a complete misuse of the word hypocrite as it pertains to me.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:31 AM
They don't want that!!!

They want the same rights everyone else has! And, you're point about forcing priests to marry gays is ludicrous.

you don't seem to get it.

They want more rights than what currently exist for every person equally.

Viva Las Espuelas
There is some truth to that.
yeah, but they just don't bitch like...........oh nevermind. :wakeup

BacktoBasics
= stupid a$$ post of the day

go ahead and look even more stupid in alluding to the idea that I think discrimination on any level is ok.Your butt sure does hurt hard for me on a regular basis.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM

They want more rights than what currently exist for every person equally.Exactly what additional rights do they seek that goes above and beyond the rights you and I have?

I'd like a list please.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:35 AM
So, it's okay as long as you ask them to marry people they don't want to marry.

I'm not asking or forcing them to marry anyone.

Okay, you make plenty of sense.

you comparing today's gays to slaves that got whipped in 1864 makes perfect sense.

Since we are going down the road of forcing people to marry members of the sex they don't want to marry . . . why don't we make you marry one of the UTSA dudes you hate so much?

nobody is forcing anyone to marry anyone they don't want to.

It's my right not to have to marry a utsa dude.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM

They want more rights than what currently exist for every person equally.

So, are you saying that they can legally get married in every state of the Union?

You mean to say that they can LEGALLY get married in Texas?

Is that what you are saying?

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
yeah, but they just don't bitch like...........oh nevermind. :wakeup

Wow.

Finally something I agree with.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Exactly what additional rights do they seek that goes above and beyond the rights you and I have?

I'd like a list please.

homosexuals want to the right to marry other gay men/women.

That's all I got for now. It seems to me they enjoy all the same rights that I enjoy.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:38 AM
It's my right not to have to marry a utsa dude.

Correct!!

It should be a homosexual's right to marry who they want.

I'm glad we agree on this.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
So, are you saying that they can legally get married in every state of the Union?

yes

You mean to say that they can LEGALLY get married in Texas?

yes

Is that what you are saying?

yes

are you sure?

yes

are you positive

yes

so you are saying that a gay man can marry another gay man in TEXAS????????????????????

no

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Correct!!

It should be a homosexual's right to marry who they want.

I'm glad we agree on this.

I never said they should or shouldn't have that right.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:41 AM

The same right you have to marry a women. This isn't an additional provision. They simply want equality. So basically you mouth off again and have absolutely nothing to support your statement.

That's all I got for now. It seems to me they enjoy all the same rights that I enjoy.You are quite possibly the dumbest person here.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:41 AM

That's all I got for now. It seems to me they enjoy all the same rights that I enjoy.

They want to marry who they want to marry.

You have that right, they don't.

It's really not hard to understand.

koriwhat
03-19-2009, 11:42 AM

no but student aid does... i mean yeah whites can get financial aid too but a free ride through a university? nah.

i'm not trying to say this nation shouldn't be sorry for the injustices of a shit ton of people, but what has been done has been done and paying the great great great great great great grandchildren of slaves isn't gonna fix a damn thing. people will get the money, spend it on bs, and then bitch more about the injustices they are facing in today's time. it's just bs.

we should simply learn from the past and better our future as a nation.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:43 AM

You said

They want more rights than what currently exist for every person equally.Then you couldn't support that statement with anything.

So who exactly doesn't get it?

I'm still waiting for a list.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:43 AM

Then what the fuck are you talking about?

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Homos are funny. I watched RuPaul's Drag Race last night and lol'd at their quirky antics. Walking around all gay and such.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
This thread is not going well for Blake

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

no

Fucking A, you are all sorts of stupid.

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
They don't want that!!!

I don't really give a fuck what they want. Civil Unions give them all the same legal rights as marriage without giving them the additional right to litigate and force everyone else in the world to accept their view.

Of course there are gay priests that would love to marry gays, but there are also priests, ministers, and religions that DON'T advocate or approve of gay marriage. Most of these radical gay marriage advocates are attention whores that wouldn't hesitate a second to sue a preacher that refused to do a service they did not believe in.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:47 AM
The homeless have the ability to be treated equally. There is no laws preventing them from seeking employment, serving their country or getting married.

there are currently no laws preventing homosexuals from doing any of those things.

Nothing hypocritical about it. I'm fine with a homeless guy getting married. Fine with him or her seeking a tax break and so on. I fully support a homeless man having every law abiding right as a guy who is a functional piece of society.

You have me confused with a stigma associated with them I'm supporting the homeless seeking a way out not in support of keeping them down.

So basically you have a complete misuse of the word hypocrite as it pertains to me.

I'm not sure you are a hypocrite.

You are just an idiot that somehow thinks discriminating against tax-paying homosexuals today = non-taxpaying slaves in the 1800s.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I don't really give a fuck what they want. Civil Unions give them all the same legal rights as marriage without giving them the additional right to litigate and force everyone else in the world to accept their view.

Of course there are gay priests that would love to marry gays, but there are also priests, ministers, and religions that DON'T advocate or approve of gay marriage. Most of these radical gay marriage advocates are attention whores that wouldn't hesitate a second to sue a preacher that refused to do a service they did not believe in.Exactly how many states legally allow Civil Unions but not "marriage"?

mrsmaalox
03-19-2009, 11:48 AM
They don't want that!!!

Of course they want that! But it's only one part of what they deserve.
Denying them marriage is a violation of religious freedom (civil and religious marriages are two separate institutions). The main reason for denying marriage to gay couples is that all major religions consider homosexuality a sin; however, the First Amendment of the Constitution clearly states that a person's religious views or lack thereof must be protected. Marriage by the state is a secular activity; the government cannot start making laws just because a religion says they should. What's next, should we make taking the Lord's name in vain a criminal activity because Christians consider it a breaking of a commandment? So the legal aspect is the main struggle at this time. First things first.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:51 AM
You are quite possibly the dumbest person here.

this coming from the moron that thinks the legalization of whipping a Black slave is the same thing as not allowing a man to marry another man.

you are an idiot.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:51 AM
there are currently no laws preventing homosexuals from doing any of those things.

I'm not sure you are a hypocrite.

You are just an idiot that somehow thinks discriminating against tax-paying homosexuals today = non-taxpaying slaves in the 1800s.Look you fucking dimwitted moron. I said it wasn't an apples to apples comparison. Its was discrimination in principle. Here in caps I EVEN SAID IT WASN'T AN APPLES TO APPLES COMPARISON.

There are laws that prevent homos from having unions that afford them the same tax advantages and spousal benefits as married couples. This is a large portion of what they're fight for. Are you really this blind and stupid.

100-1 you still don't get the last paragraph.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't really give a fuck what they want. Civil Unions give them all the same legal rights as marriage

No. They don't.

without giving them the additional right to litigate and force everyone else in the world to accept their view.

But forcing everyone to accept the heterosexual view is okay?

Of course there are gay priests that would love to marry gays, but there are also priests, ministers, and religions that DON'T advocate or approve of gay marriage. Most of these radical gay marriage advocates are attention whores that wouldn't hesitate a second to sue a preacher that refused to do a service they did not believe in.

Since you feel qualified to generalize as to what "most of these radical gay marriage advocates" are and feel, I can only assume that you know them, personally. Correct?

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:53 AM
this coming from the moron that thinks the legalization of whipping a Black slave is the same thing as not allowing a man to marry another man.

you are an idiot.

You can't read. You can't comprehend. YOU FUCKING STUPID BLIND NARROW MINDED FUCK FACE. READ IT. I SAID IT WASN'T A FAIR COMPARISON. YOU FUCKING BLIND DUMB RETARD. THIS WAS ON THE FIRST GOD DAMN FUCKING PAGE YOU STUPID FUCK.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Fucking A, you are all sorts of stupid.

a gay man can marry a woman the same as I can.

he wants the extra right to marry another man. Extra meaning that he wants +1 on top of what he and I both already have.

I'm sorry you don't understand basic math.

You are an idiot.

Red Hawk #21
03-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Wow.

Finally something I agree with.

You seriously agree with that? That sounds moronic to me, how can you compare black slavery with Mexican workers? Black slaves were taken from Africa, Kings, princes, priests, workers all were enslaved. They were beaten and they were completely powerless. Thousands of slaves were killed over the years.

Do you see the same things happening with Mexican Workers? Nope. The Mexicanos do very very tough labor but they are not killed or beaten like slaves. And btw, I do not agree with Slave reparations one bit.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:55 AM
You can't read. You can't comprehend. YOU FUCKING STUPID BLIND NARROW MINDED FUCK FACE. READ IT. I SAID IT WASN'T A FAIR COMPARISON. YOU FUCKING BLIND DUMB RETARD. THIS WAS ON THE FIRST GOD DAMN FUCKING PAGE YOU STUPID FUCK.

I like the use of curse words and giant blue font.

This thread must not be going good for you.

You still have retracted your "tenth of a human" comparisons, so I'll go ahead and assume that you still feel that way.

You are an idiiot.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:56 AM

he wants the extra right to marry another man. Extra meaning that he wants +1 on top of what he and I both already have.

You are an idiot.This is the dumbest argument I have ever read in my entire life.

The man doesn't want an additional right. He doesn't want to marry a women plus a man. Just a fucking man. He wants a fair union.

Seriously you can't possibly think this way.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 11:57 AM

This thread must not be going good for you.I did it so you can fucking read what you failed to read on page one. You're the idiot for failing to read it.

Arguing with me over shit I already pointed out on the first page.

Blake
03-19-2009, 11:57 AM
This is the dumbest argument I have ever read in my entire life.

The man doesn't want an additional right. He doesn't want to marry a women plus a man. Just a fucking man. He wants a fair union.

Seriously you can't possibly think this way.

You are an idiot.

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 11:58 AM

You are an idiot.

If everyone had equal right to marry either a man or woman would the gays really be getting something more than what non-homos are getting?

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM

You are an idiot.

You straight people are entirely too hung up on gender.

You have the right to marry and legally share your life with the person you love and to whom you are committed. A gay man wants the right to marry and legally share his life with the person he loves and to whom he is committed. A lesbian wants the right to marry and legally share her life with the person she loves and to whom she is committed.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM

This thread must not be going good for you.

You still have retracted your "tenth of a human" comparisons, so I'll go ahead and assume that you still feel that way.

You are an idiiot.I never retracted. I put it into to perspective so a moron like yourself can understand.

No retraction

Just clarification

I know you still don't get it. You never will because this is what you do. You find some minor mundane point and push it to death despite the fact that its been addressed. Then claim victory. You're a horrible communicator and even worse at comprehension.

You have still failed to produce a list of "extra laws" the gays require.

Man and Man = +1 is the dumbest train of thought I've ever seen. Produce something worthwhile.

mrsmaalox
03-19-2009, 12:01 PM

You are an idiot.

Blake, maybe if you point out that same-sex marriage is illegal for all Americans, not just gay ones, they'll understand the kind of equality you are referring to.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM

You have the right to marry and legally share your life with the person you love and to whom you are committed. A gay man wants the right to marry and legally share his life with the person he loves and to whom he is committed. A lesbian wants the right to marry and legally share her life with the person she loves and to whom she is committed.He'll never get it.

Having a choice in his eyes equates to special treatment. Its sad and pathetic that people see things this way.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Blake, maybe if you point out that same-sex marriage is illegal for all Americans, not just gay ones, they'll understand the kind of equality you are referring to.

Oh, I understand it. I think we all understand the point he's trying to make.

That doesn't make it any less asinine, though.

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 12:03 PM
I like how gays are being compared to slaves.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:04 PM
I like how gays are being compared to slaves.

Well, that's just silly, but I chose to ignore that part.

mrsmaalox
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM

"You straight people"?? Wow.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM
no but student aid does... i mean yeah whites can get financial aid too but a free ride through a university? nah.

i'm not trying to say this nation shouldn't be sorry for the injustices of a shit ton of people, but what has been done has been done and paying the great great great great great great grandchildren of slaves isn't gonna fix a damn thing. people will get the money, spend it on bs, and then bitch more about the injustices they are facing in today's time. it's just bs.

we should simply learn from the past and better our future as a nation.

I personally know 2 white kids who are going to college on a free ride through grants and scholarhips.
Far too many have not learned from our past. Oh, and yes they got financial aid too.

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Maybe it's because God forced gays to be gays like the white man forced slaves to pick cotton.

BacktoBasics

You have the right to marry and legally share your life with the person you love and to whom you are committed. A gay man wants the right to marry and legally share his life with the person he loves and to whom he is committed. A lesbian wants the right to marry and legally share her life with the person she loves and to whom she is committed.

You are an idiot.

Here is a perfect example of normal thought process vs. total stupidity.

I must have read Blakes post 20 times. I can't fathom a mind that thinks I'm an idiot because I fail to see the math in man and man = +1. Its possibly the most absurd statement ever read here (sans angel luv posts).

He believes what he wrote.

Blake
I did it so you can fucking read what you failed to read on page one. You're the idiot for failing to read it.

curse words and giant blue font is always a great way to prove one's lame point.

Arguing with me over shit I already pointed out on the first page.

and yet you still don't get it.

you are ignorant and an idiot.

CosmicCowboy
I am all for civil unions for gays.

I am even all for them being able to go down to their local Holy Temple of the Flatulent Anus and having their "marriage" sanctified by like minded individuals that share their spiritual and moral beliefs.

I do NOT believe in the STATE sanctifying same sex marriage and making it a "right".

That AUTOMATICALLY forces 100% of the population to accept and accommodate their view or be in direct violation of the law.

Yes, a same sex couple COULD walk into the First Baptist Church, of Conservative, Texas and FORCE the Minister of said church to perform a same sex marriage or be subject to Civil Litigation and Criminal prosecution.

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. If a dude wants a dude let him marry a dude. I don't get what the trouble is.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 12:08 PM

I know you don't give a fuck.

That's part of the problem.

And, your point about the priests continues to have no validity whatsoever.

You're trying to make a point that gays want the right to get married so they can force priests, possibly your priest, to marry them in the priest's church.

That point is baseless.

JoeChalupa
What I don't understand is why people cannot have discussions without pulling the "stupid" or "retarded" cards. :lmao

Blake

naw, I might get more of the giant blue font.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:09 PM
"You straight people"?? Wow.

Might be time to check the battery on your sarcasm detector.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I like how gays are being compared to slaves.Look Blake compounded that statement and ran with it. I on the very first fucking page addressed that it wasn't an apples to apples comparison but it was discrimination in principle. He just didn't want to read that part because it ruined his 3 page unfounded rant against me.

FOR THE RECORD IT WAS TOO BROAD OF A GENERALIZATION EVEN THOUGH IT WAS STILL ROOTED IN BIGOTRY.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:11 PM

I am even all for them being able to go down to their local Holy Temple of the Flatulent Anus and having their "marriage" sanctified by like minded individuals that share their spiritual and moral beliefs.

I do NOT believe in the STATE sanctifying same sex marriage and making it a "right".

That AUTOMATICALLY forces 100% of the population to accept and accommodate their view or be in direct violation of the law.

Yes, a same sex couple COULD walk into the First Baptist Church, of Conservative, Texas and FORCE the Minister of said church to perform a same sex marriage or be subject to Civil and Criminal prosecution.Show me where Civil Unions are even allowed. I think for the most part gay people feel reasonably well with having a "union" so long as they get treated equally by said union as do all by marriage.

Call it something different so long as they qualify for the same rights and breaks.

Thats the hang up though. They don't even get that.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:11 PM

How, exactly, is this different or better than the current structure in which everyone is forced to accept and accommodate the heterosexual lifestyle? Why is alienating half of the population okay in one direction, but not the other?

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:12 PM

If gays ultimately get that right (which sooner or later they will) then great. Good for them.

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
He'll never get it.

Having a choice in his eyes equates to special treatment. Its sad and pathetic that people see things this way.

no doubt it's better to see that gay rights = whipping Blacks like you do.

mrsmaalox
What I don't understand is why people cannot have discussions without pulling the "stupid" or "retarded" cards. :lmao

Because they're stupid or retarded??

BacktoBasics
curse words and giant blue font is always a great way to prove one's lame point.

and yet you still don't get it.

you are ignorant and an idiot.Do you even fucking realize that you're calling me an idiot and ignorant when I agreed with you on page 1?

Do you realize that?

Jesus Christ Blake. You're criticizing me for something I already agree with you on.

When will you understand that? When?

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 12:14 PM
I think it'll be great for everyone

cherylsteele

They want more rights than what currently exist for every person equally.They do??

Dr. Gonzo
How, exactly, is this different or better than the current structure in which everyone is forced to accept and accommodate the heterosexual lifestyle? Why is alienating half of the population okay in one direction, but not the other?

Because the hetero lifestyle is right.

JoeChalupa

Blake
Oh, I understand it. I think we all understand the point he's trying to make.

That doesn't make it any less asinine, though.

No......I'm thinking the point is not coming across all that clearly.....

the fact that gay rights talk came into this thread at all is asinine.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Perhaps when things like this stop being typed. Or when people stop arguing over points that are already agreed upon.

You are an idiot.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Because the hetero lifestyle is right.

Ooooh, okay. Now I get it.

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Here is a perfect example of normal thought process vs. total stupidity.

I must have read Blakes post 20 times. I can't fathom a mind that thinks I'm an idiot because I fail to see the math in man and man = +1. Its possibly the most absurd statement ever read here (sans angel luv posts).

He believes what he wrote.

you had to read it 20 times and you still don't get it?

you are an idiot.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 12:17 PM

Your idiocy knows no bounds.

You're just embarrasing yourself at this point.

A gay person, man or woman, obviously has no interest in marrying someone of their opposite sex. Currently, let me get up to speed on current events, gay people can not legally get married.

You're trying to make an absurd point, if you can even call it that. But, the only thing that comes through is your brilliant stupidity.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
No......I'm thinking the point is not coming across all that clearly.....

the fact that gay rights talk came into this thread at all is asinine.You don't have a point. You spent three pages fighting over a statement that was immediately addressed on the first page for being too broad.

Then you stated that gays want additional rights that straights don't have. Then provided no such laws they were requesting (because none exist) and put out some half assed math to support your ludicrous and bigoted view.

cherylsteele
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM

If they recieved the right to marry the same sex, you would have that right too. Nobody would ask if if you are actually gay or staright when you get married.

mrsmaalox
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Might be time to check the battery on your sarcasm detector.

Ah I see. When you do it, it's sarcasm? Riiiiiiight :tu

DoubtingThomas
03-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Many people still have their doubts.

http://www.jewcy.com/files/images/gay_marriage_opponents-1-731273.jpg

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:21 PM

Yes, a same sex couple COULD walk into the First Baptist Church, of Conservative, Texas and FORCE the Minister of said church to perform a same sex marriage or be subject to Civil Litigation and Criminal prosecution.

I see this side of it too.

Thing is, there are a lot of rights/laws we might not like, but we agree with because their rights outway my inconveniences.....for lack of a better word.

If it were up to Baptists, alcohol and tobacco would be prohibited. Too bad.......they have to live with it.

BacktoBasics
you had to read it 20 times and you still don't get it?

you are an idiot.What do I not get?

You think a human being choosing who he/she wants to be with is fine unless its same sex then you think its a +1 law. That makes no sense. To anyone.

or are you going to say

"you're comparing slavery to gay rights"

Even though I already agreed with you prior to your multiple page rant.

Dr. Gonzo
Many people still have their doubts.

http://www.jewcy.com/files/images/gay_marriage_opponents-1-731273.jpg

They are possessed by demons that make them fabulous.

CosmicCowboy

Seriously...I'm not a homophobe and I'm not deeply religious but I recognize that those sentiments exist.

I'm trying to offer a reasonable compromise.

Civil Unions give gays same and equal legal rights as a classic heterosexual marriage without having to address the competing religious and moral beliefs.

If the gay movement would quit trying for the whole marriage banana and accept the compromise of civil unions we could probably get something done.

I Love Me Some Me
03-19-2009, 12:23 PM
So if/when same-sex marriages are legalized, can I marry any dude I want, or do I have to be having sex with him?

JoeChalupa
"I'm right and you are stupid"

"No, you are just an idiot!"

"No, 'm right and you are stupid"

"No, you are still just an idiot!"

Blake
Look Blake compounded that statement and ran with it. I on the very first fucking page addressed that it wasn't an apples to apples comparison but it was discrimination in principle. He just didn't want to read that part because it ruined his 3 page unfounded rant against me.

FOR THE RECORD IT WAS TOO BROAD OF A GENERALIZATION EVEN THOUGH IT WAS STILL ROOTED IN BIGOTRY.

no, you made it pretty clear that Blacks were treated as a tenth of a human back then just like homosexuals are treated like a tenth of a human today.

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
So if/when same-sex marriages are legalized, can I marry any dude I want, or do I have to be having sex with him?

Anal is a requirement. You must be a bottom at least twice a month.

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:24 PM

A gay person, man or woman, obviously has no interest in marrying someone of their opposite sex. Currently, let me get up to speed on current events, gay people can not legally get married.

You're trying to make an absurd point, if you can even call it that. But, the only thing that comes through is your brilliant stupidity.

true or false: a gay man can marry a woman if he wants to.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
I would like to know who agrees with Blake's statement below.

Who think that gay people are asking for additional laws vs. equal treatment because never in my life have I seen a gay person suggest anything other than equality.

You are an idiot.

Don't be shy just go ahead and admit you agree with him.

Blake
Perhaps when things like this stop being typed. Or when people stop arguing over points that are already agreed upon.

so you finally agree that gays have the same rights that I do?

it only took 7 pages. Congrats.

Viva Las Espuelas
"I'm right and you are stupid"

"No, you are just an idiot!"

"No, 'm right and you are stupid"

"No, you are still just an idiot!"
normal business @ spurstalk. speak the loudest and you're above all.

Dr. Gonzo
03-19-2009, 12:26 PM

If gay marriage is legal, a straight man can marry a man if he wants.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-19-2009, 12:27 PM
hmmm. slavery, and bit of mexican, and now homo's.
what's next?

Blake
If they recieved the right to marry the same sex, you would have that right too. Nobody would ask if if you are actually gay or staright when you get married.

right, if they received that right, then I would have that right as well.

Dr. Gonzo
what's next?

Jews

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 12:28 PM
You seriously agree with that? That sounds moronic to me, how can you compare black slavery with Mexican workers? Black slaves were taken from Africa, Kings, princes, priests, workers all were enslaved. They were beaten and they were completely powerless. Thousands of slaves were killed over the years.

Do you see the same things happening with Mexican Workers? Nope. The Mexicanos do very very tough labor but they are not killed or beaten like slaves. And btw, I do not agree with Slave reparations one bit.

He wasn't comparing black slavery with Mexican workers. He was making a point that Mexican workers don't bitch about their lot in life.

This could be a detriment, though. Since they hardly ever speak up about their work situations, Chavez being the excetion, they end up getting screwed in the process.

Red Hawk #21
Hi my name is "Viva Las Espuelas and I think that Mexican Workers should be compared to African Slaves. I'm also the same moron who thinks that Che Guevara didn't do anything in his lifetime

:nope

BacktoBasics
no, you made it pretty clear that Blacks were treated as a tenth of a human back then just like homosexuals are treated like a tenth of a human today.I then turned around not a couple of posts later and said yeah you're right its was too broad of a statement and thats not entirely what I meant.

So I made it pretty clear that it wasn't a fair comparison. Can you not read the first page again? Are you incapable of seeing where I clarified my point and admitted it wasn't an apples to apples comparison?

Why do you refuse to acknowledge where I addressed my statements almost immediately after I said them?

DoubtingThomas

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/news/040823/jmcgreevey.jpg

No doubt about that.

Viva Las Espuelas
Jews
nice. i've got some pretty good jew jokes.

Blake

Who think that gay people are asking for additional laws vs. equal treatment because never in my life have I seen a gay person suggest anything other than equality.

make a new thread with a poll.

don't be shy.

I agree with me. That's one in case your math skills still haven't improved.

mrsmaalox
03-19-2009, 12:29 PM
what's next?
Retards!!!!!

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Ah I see. When you do it, it's sarcasm? Riiiiiiight :tu

When I'm being sarcastic it's sarcasm, yes.

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
I then turned around not a couple of posts later and said yeah you're right its was too broad of a statement and thats not entirely what I meant.

So I made it pretty clear that it wasn't a fair comparison. Can you not read the first page again? Are you incapable of seeing where I clarified my point and admitted it wasn't an apples to apples comparison?

Why do you refuse to acknowledge where I addressed my statements almost immediately after I said them?

Great!

Then why are we still talking gay rights in a Slavery reparations thread?

Extra Stout
If somebody gets a divorce, and then wants to get re-married to a different person in the Catholic Church, when the Church says no, can that person sue the Church?

Red Hawk #21
He wasn't comparing black slavery with Mexican workers. He was making a point that Mexican workers don't bitch about their lot in life.

This could be a detriment, though. Since they hardly ever speak up about their work situations, Chavez being the excetion, they end up getting screwed in the process.

He said that Mexicans are slaves but they don't bitch as much, in my mind that sounds like comparing Black Slaves to Mexican Workers. Which is pretty idiotic.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
so you finally agree that gays have the same rights that I do?

it only took 7 pages. Congrats.No they don't.

You have the right to chose who to have a union with.

They do not.

You get tax breaks for having a union.

They do not.

You can be open about your sexual preference in the military

They can not.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Great!

Then why are we still talking gay rights in a Slavery reparations thread?Because you went off for the next 2-3 pages.

You took a statement that I quickly cleared up and went ahead and ran with it.

BacktoBasics
make a new thread with a poll.

don't be shy.

I agree with me. That's one in case your math skills still haven't improved.
Ok I'll do it.

dickface
LOL @ Mexicans being slaves. When you willfully decide to illegally enter a country to work, I think you lose the right to be called a slave.

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I see this side of it too.

Thing is, there are a lot of rights/laws we might not like, but we agree with because their rights outway my inconveniences.....for lack of a better word.

If it were up to Baptists, alcohol and tobacco would be prohibited. Too bad.......they have to live with it.

What a stupid analogy.

Smoking and Drinking are INDIVIDUAL choices.

Marriage by definition requires three parties...a couple and a third person recognized by the state as having the legal right to perform marriages.

Legalizing same sex marriage would deny that third person the right to refuse to perform the ceremony because of their personal moral convictions and they would be subject to civil and criminal prosecution.

That's not right.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Seriously...I'm not a homophobe and I'm not deeply religious but I recognize that those sentiments exist.

I'm trying to offer a reasonable compromise.

Civil Unions give gays same and equal legal rights as a classic heterosexual marriage without having to address the competing religious and moral beliefs.

If the gay movement would quit trying for the whole marriage banana and accept the compromise of civil unions we could probably get something done.

The problem is that civil unions do not give gays and lesbians the same rights as a legally recognized marriage. Additionally, by calling it something different, by giving gay unions their own special and separate name, it makes it a lot easier to discriminate.

I know a lot of gay people. I don't know a single one who gives half a fuck about the word "marriage," only the rights with which that word is associated. Nor do I know a single gay person who would have any interest in forcing a ceremony in a venue within which they were not welcomed.

dickface
03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
The problem is that civil unions do not give gays and lesbians the same rights as a legally recognized marriage.

Well the next time a gay or lesbian couple can have sex with each other and 9 months later produce a baby, I'll agree that they deserve the same rights.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-19-2009, 12:38 PM
First you disrespect Che and then you compare Mexican workers to African Slaves. Seriously dude fuck off you moron.

:nope
indeed

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Well the next time a gay or lesbian couple can have sex with each other and 9 months later produce a baby, I'll agree that they deserve the same rights.

Until every single straight couple gets married with the explicit intention of procreation, don't even bother with this point.

Richard Cranium
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/news/040823/jmcgreevey.jpg

No doubt about that.

peewee's lovechild

True or False: A gay man can't legally marry a gay man in the United States of America.

dickface
03-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Until every single straight couple gets married with the explicit intention of procreation, don't even bother with this point.

I'm just saying, they want equal rights when biologically they aren't "equal". One couple can produce a human baby, one can't.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
He said that Mexicans are slaves but they don't bitch as much, in my mind that sounds like comparing Black Slaves to Mexican Workers. Which is pretty idiotic.

I stand corrected.

You sir, are right.

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
No they don't.

You have the right to chose who to have a union with.

They do not.

I do not have the right to choose to marry another man.

You get tax breaks for having a union.

They do not.

If they got married, they would get the same tax breaks.

You can be open about your sexual preference in the military

They can not.

True and that most likely will be changed one day. They can still join the military however.

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:44 PM
True or False: A gay man can't legally marry a gay man in the United States of America.

True and I can't marry another man either no matter how much you try to force me to marry one of those utsa freaks.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm just saying, they want equal rights when biologically they aren't "equal". One couple can produce a human baby, one can't.

Should straight men and women who are sterile lose their right to marry?

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
True

Thank you.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Should straight men and women who are sterile lose their right to marry?

That's good one.

Dickface's argument is ridiculous.

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
The problem is that civil unions do not give gays and lesbians the same rights as a legally recognized marriage. Additionally, by calling it something different, by giving gay unions their own special and separate name, it makes it a lot easier to discriminate.

I know a lot of gay people. I don't know a single one who gives half a fuck about the word "marriage," only the rights with which that word is associated. Nor do I know a single gay person who would have any interest in forcing a ceremony in a venue within which they were not welcomed.

What SPECIFIC rights would marriage give that civil unions wouldn't? I have read extensively on this subject and there is basically no legal difference.

lebomb
03-19-2009, 12:50 PM
True and I can't marry another man either no matter how much you try to force me to marry one of those utsa freaks.

But you are a PUSSY, so you should be happy to hook up with a Utsa chode. :toast

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
What a stupid analogy.

Smoking and Drinking are INDIVIDUAL choices.

Marriage by definition requires three parties...a couple and a third person recognized by the state as having the legal right to perform marriages.

Legalizing same sex marriage would deny that third person the right to refuse to perform the ceremony because of their personal moral convictions and they would be subject to civil and criminal prosecution.

That's not right.

The church currently does not have to marry anyone they don't want to.

The gay couple could try to sue, but they would lose.......the same way gay kids have lost in court when they get kicked out religious private schools.

Reporting from San Francisco -- After a Lutheran school expelled two 16-year-old girls for having "a bond of intimacy" that was "characteristic of a lesbian relationship," the girls sued, contending the school had violated a state anti-discrimination law.

In response to that suit, an appeals court decided this week that the private religious school was not a business and therefore did not have to comply with a state law that prohibits businesses from discriminating.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-school28-2009jan28,0,4594347.story

...and the Baptist preacher will go on preaching about the sins of drinking, smoking and gay sex.

Blake
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM
But you are a PUSSY, so you should be happy to hook up with a Utsa chode. :toast

no, I would not marry you no matter how much you wanted me to and no matter how many times you offer to lick my a-hole.

I Love Me Some Me
03-19-2009, 12:56 PM

To an extent, I do. Marriage laws as they exist now do not allow anyone to marry whoever they want. The restriction that you can only marry someone of the opposite sex....gay, straight, black, white....the rule is the same for everyone. So, yes, everyone has equal rights.

Blake
03-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Thank you.

You're welcome.

Although it's a sad shame that it took you this long to realize they we all in fact share the same rights.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 01:09 PM
You're welcome.

Although it's a sad shame that it took you this long to realize they we all in fact share the same rights.

You just agreed that they didn't.

Hence, my saying "you're welcome."

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
To an extent, I do. Marriage laws as they exist now do not allow anyone to marry whoever they want. The restriction that you can only marry someone of the opposite sex....gay, straight, black, white....the rule is the same for everyone. So, yes, everyone has equal rights.

I can understand that.

Blake
03-19-2009, 01:15 PM
You just agreed that they didn't.

I guess you can't read what I wrote

Hence, my saying "you're welcome."

I guess you can't read what you wrote.

true or false: can a gay man marry a woman if he wants to?

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 01:16 PM

True

I guess you can't read what I wrote

Blake
03-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I never agreed that we all don't have the same rights no matter how you misread that.

Maybe it will finally sink in on page 9.

Blake
03-19-2009, 01:36 PM

Bigzax
03-19-2009, 01:40 PM
regarding reparations, i got $5 on it. :tu

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 01:46 PM

No, because he would never want to.

That question is beyond ludicrous.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
regarding reparations, i got $5 on it. :tu

No mule?

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2009, 01:52 PM
No mule?

Hell...If they can find any former US slaves I'm all for giving them 40 acres in downtown Washington DC and a whole fucking HERD of mules. If they CAN'T find any former slaves then they need to just shut the fuck up.

BTW, glad to see you hoto's off of pimpin gay marriage and back on topic.

Blake
03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
No, because he would never want to.

That question is beyond ludicrous.

so no gay man has ever gone back to being straight?

and I'm not talking about what you think a gay man would or would not want to do. I am talking about a gay man's legal rights.

which I think we are on page 9 now and you still don't get this simple fact.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
How's that poll going for you Blake?

ElBorracho
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Hell...If they can find any former US slaves I'm all for giving them 40 acres in downtown Washington DC and a whole fucking HERD of mules. If they CAN'T find any former slaves then they need to just shut the fuck up.

Its "joto's" dumbass.

oklahomasuckstexas
03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/tobechi2006/WhiteWomen.jpg?t=1237490091

DarkReign
03-19-2009, 02:20 PM
If somebody gets a divorce, and then wants to get re-married to a different person in the Catholic Church, when the Church says no, can that person sue the Church?

...ahem....

CosmicCowboy
03-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Its "joto's" dumbass.

oops. My apologies for the typo joto.

JoeChalupa
03-19-2009, 02:26 PM
So, did anyone with one point of view change due to something another person posted with an opposing view?

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 02:49 PM

Spell it right, pendejo.

I'ts "jotos". As in the group of guys that you're intimidated by because you're afraid that you might actually like thier lifestyle.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2009, 02:51 PM
and I'm not talking about what you think a gay man would or would not want to do. I am talking about a gay man's legal rights.

That's what we're talking about.

And, a gay man does not have the legal right to marry his partner.

So, once again . . . thank you.

Blake
03-19-2009, 02:54 PM
How's that poll going for you Blake?

Last I checked, it was your poll.

Polls asking people if a fact is really a fact is always a great way to disprove the fact, especially when it appears many of the people reading your thread are misunderstanding the point of the poll.

Some are pro-gay rights, so therefore they are voting #1.

Blake
03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
That's what we're talking about.

And, a gay man does not have the legal right to marry his partner.

So, once again . . . thank you.

a gay man does not have the right to marry another man.

Neither do I.

Once again you're welcome.

Page 9.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Last I checked, it was your poll.

Polls asking people if a fact is really a fact is always a great way to disprove the fact, especially when it appears many of the people reading your thread are misunderstanding the point of the poll.

Some are pro-gay rights, so therefore they are voting #1.Its your quote and its opposition. Sorry you don't like the results. You were the one that suggested the poll.

Blake
03-19-2009, 02:59 PM
So, did anyone with one point of view change due to something another person posted with an opposing view?

pretty rare when it does.

Blake
03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Its your quote and its opposition. Sorry you don't like the results. You were the one that suggested the poll.

you were the one that started the poll, jeenyus. I just (sarcastically) said to open a new one and move it out into the club area.

On the surface it's easy to vote #1 because #2 appears to be "anti-gay".

Blake
03-19-2009, 03:10 PM
hell, the thread has already turned into a gay rights thread when that's not even the question.

Nice job.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 03:14 PM
On the surface it's easy to vote #1 because #2 appears to be "anti-gay".Aside from feeling that you're a total moron I think you were being anti-gay as well.

Dark Gable
03-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I'll stay out of this one or risk getting banned.

Blake
03-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Aside from feeling that you're a total moron I think you were being anti-gay as well.

I've clearly stated that I'm not.

You fail again.

BacktoBasics
03-19-2009, 04:07 PM
I've clearly stated that I'm not.

You fail again.
Were you as clear as I was about comparing gay rights to slavery on page one?

Blake
03-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Were you as clear as I was about comparing gay rights to slavery on page one?

Yes. Maybe I should start a poll though in case you don't think so.

If gays ultimately get that right (which sooner or later they will) then great. Good for them.

LnGrrrR
03-20-2009, 08:49 AM
After reading through the first four pages of this thread... Blake's gotta be a troll, right? I mean, he seems relatively intelligent, and is just here to antagonize people.

LnGrrrR
03-20-2009, 08:50 AM

You are an idiot.

Technically, they're fighting for you to have that same option, are they not?

So, using your logic, they are fighting for an extra right for everyone.

Edit: Nevermind... didn't read far enough into the thread. :D

LnGrrrR
03-20-2009, 08:52 AM

Didn't Henry Ford say you can pick whatever color of car you like, as long as it's black?

I think that's Blake's thought process here lol

DarrinS
03-20-2009, 09:17 AM

yep

Did I read correctly that Robert Byrd is part of this? Irony.

Blake
03-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Technically, they're fighting for you to have that same option, are they not?

So, using your logic, they are fighting for an extra right for everyone.

yes

please vote in B2B's thread over in the club because he cares who agrees with him and who doesn't.

DarrinS
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/810529/

Blake
03-20-2009, 10:49 AM
People tend to forget that slavery was accepted, and a legal business for white Americans who could actually afford to own slaves. Slaves were traded on average from $100-$2,000 daily, for 310 years. There were many white families that invested great sums of wealth to buy slaves, and when emancipation was passed, they were not compensated for their lost property. There are still some whites in the south today that have filed cases against the Gov't to be compensated for their losses.

If there is ever an issue of Reparations ever to be taken seriously, then the whites who lost hundreds of millions in human live stock should be compensated.

no.

LnGrrrR
03-20-2009, 02:55 PM
To go back to the OP, reparations is stupid. You'll always have some people who think that it wasn't enough, and frankly, we're hopefully only a generation or two until that type of request won't matter. Minorities today don't have to worry nearly as much as boomers did in choosing who to marry, voting, and various other civil functions.

Illuminati
03-20-2009, 05:56 PM
I wonder if Greg More who spent many hours posting at ST bragging about how much money he has and owns his own business will delete his posts so it doesn't fuck up his plans to get some of the free honky cash?

Blue Jew
03-22-2009, 01:11 AM
I can just see all the brothers fighting to get a good spot in the money line, it will be like a scene from the movie Boys in the hood when the Bar B Q was ready!

oklahomasuckstexas
03-22-2009, 01:15 AM
yea we deserve something. it just aint right how the rest of yall treated the blacks. its time to pay it back now.

Dr. Gonzo
03-22-2009, 01:23 AM
All the people that deserve any money are dead. This generation of blacks doesn't deserve shit because they didn't have to endure the slavery. Just because some distant relative that they never met or even knew existed might have been a slave doesn't mean they should get anything.

Illuminati
03-22-2009, 01:38 AM
If anything we should take care of the Japs for building the railroads.

Blue Jew
03-22-2009, 01:39 AM
You think the blacks have it bad, I still have to pay full price for burn cream!

Creepn
03-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Shit, a promise is a promise. Give them black folks tax-free land and a car.

If a person wins a settlement of a million dollars and dies before getting that check, they still hand that check to the next of kin.

kumar.
03-22-2009, 10:15 AM
How about all those fat fucks that spent their savings on Body Solutions?

where is their refund?

Creepn
03-22-2009, 10:31 AM
How about all those fat fucks that spent their savings on Body Solutions?

where is their refund?

I don't see the connection with your statement with giving reparations to African Americans. Those fat fucks werent kidnapped from their homes, killed, raped, and/or recieved 50 whip lashes on their bodies for not losing weight.

Dr. Gonzo
03-22-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't see the connection with your statement with giving reparations to African Americans. Those fat fucks werent kidnapped from their homes, killed, raped, and/or recieved 50 whip lashes on their bodies for not losing weight.

Neither were any of the black people alive today. Why should they get anything? They didn't suffer any slavery.

Oh, Gee!!
03-22-2009, 11:17 AM
IThose fat fucks werent kidnapped from their homes, killed, raped, and/or recieved 50 whip lashes on their bodies for not losing weight.

probably why they're still fat

Oh, Gee!!
03-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Neither were any of the black people alive today. Why should they get anything? They didn't suffer any slavery.

the sins of the father shall be visited upon his children?

Re-Animator
03-22-2009, 12:05 PM
How about all the slaves who built the pyramids and the tower of babel?

kid
03-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Some of you have your heads up your asses, I bet if you could you would try to sue Eve for eating the apple. or God for flooding the earth.

Last Comic Standing
03-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Manny and Patrick Ewing should sue Darwin.

johnsmith
03-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Manny and Patrick Ewing should sue Darwin.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
.....and for copyright infringement to whoever prints out those evolution charts.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-22-2009, 02:11 PM
If anything we should take care of the Japs for building the railroads.

did we ever give reparations to all the thousands of people we vaporized in nagasaki and hiroshima?............................hmmmm honestly i don't know if we did, but they sure as hell didn't let it keep them down and that was less than 60 years ago.

Creepn
03-22-2009, 02:29 PM
How about all the slaves who built the pyramids and the tower of babel?

Did the goverment promise them that they would be reprimanded?

Creepn
03-22-2009, 02:32 PM
did we ever give reparations to all the thousands of people we vaporized in nagasaki and hiroshima?............................hmmmm honestly i don't know if we did, but they sure as hell didn't let it keep them down and that was less than 60 years ago.

Nah I dont believe they reprimanded those folks that got blasted, but the asians that were held captive in the camps here in the states were issued a formal and public apology AND they were compensated monetarily.

Wild Cobra
03-22-2009, 03:04 PM
the sins of the father shall be visited upon his children?
It goes beyond them not being alive. First of all, it was only some slaves who were promised the 40 acres. Not all. I don't recall all the details, but the mule was not part of the promise. It was given anyway. Several former slaves got the deal, before the next administration canceled the agreement.