PDA

View Full Version : stretch

IronMexican
03-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Who do you want to draft?

stretch
03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
their biggest need is in the trenches. but if crabtree were to fall to them... it would be tough not to take him... however i kinda like Schillens, and think he might be able to become a solid player. and honestly, if he would clean his act up, i would love for them to get Matt Jones, and he seems like Al's type of player.

but fact is, the Raiders need to shape up the trenches, and that needs to be their #1 focus all off-season. getting both lines back in order. but here is where it gets tough for me... on one hand, defense should always come first. so i'd be inclined to say a DT. however, they dont need Russell to be running for his life and getting the mess beat out of him due to an incompetent line, this early in his career. he is supposed to be their future, and they dont wanna ruin it before he gets going, and there is no question, he has incredible talent and ability. just needs some more experience, and some time to actually pass the ball to an open guy (if they can ever get open). so now im inclined to say OL comes first.

but i think its easier to find a good OL later in drafts, than a game-breaking DT.

so I'll go with DT with their first pick.

and they need to avoid FA for the most part, unless its either a no-brainer, or a young player. they need to avoid the old guys, go young.

IronMexican
03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
So you want Raji? Same here.

stretch
03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
So you want Raji? Same here.

yup.

DL, OL, Safety - should be their priorities of this offseason.

i really hope mcfadden can stay healthy. im really eager to see what he can do.

IronMexican
03-19-2009, 12:54 PM
McBust was the wrong pick. I wish we could go back to that draft and get Ellis, Dorsey or Clady. That way right now, we could be looking at Crabtree. Micheal Bush is gonna be a beast this year. I can't wait to see him play.

stretch
03-19-2009, 02:01 PM
McBust was the wrong pick. I wish we could go back to that draft and get Ellis, Dorsey or Clady. That way right now, we could be looking at Crabtree. Micheal Bush is gonna be a beast this year. I can't wait to see him play.

wayyyyy to early to call him a bust. same for people who say that about Russell. both guys are incredible talents.

however, i will say that i dont think getting mcfadden was neccesary, as they already had bush and fargas. i also look forward to seeing bush.