PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from the sage forum

StoneBuddha
03-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I bought the jersey Manu wore for the X-mas game against the Suns. (BTW, it's actually much smaller than I thought. I guess Manu is relatively thin by NBA standards.)

I'm hoping to find some way of getting it autographed before getting it framed. I live in San Francisco, so it's a little hard for me to go to a bunch of games in SA but I do come into town for work a few times a year.

Anyone have any advice on how to get the jersey framed? I know some of the other Spurs do appearances around town occassionaly but didn't know of Manu did the same. It's a little complicated since I also need some advance warning for this type of thing. Also, does anyone know if his routine is the same on the road. i.e. does he usually sign after his pre-game shooting routine when he's on the road?

Thanks a bunch... :flag:

peacemaker885
03-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Wow dude you are lucky to get a hold of that. I'm sure that cost you a pretty penny. Anyways, I'm also pulling my hair on how to get autographs from the players as I live here in LA. I think the best would be going to Fan Day in San Antonio, unless you have the remarkable luck that duncan228 had.

Libri
03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Has anyone here tried mailing something like this to get it signed. I know you could send cards and pictures with a self address stamped envelope but would the Spurs do the same with a jersey? I guess the concern would be of getting it lost.

duncan228
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Manu is known to be great at signing for fans. I would think if you can be in the right place at the right time you might have a chance. You need to be able to get to the tunnel area, that usually means a ticket that allows you to be there.

Good luck, and don't give it up just because it seems out of reach. Things can happen, I'm proof of that. :)

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2009, 06:03 PM
The Spurs still play in Oakland again this year (April 13) -- that might be a good place to try to get the jersey autographed for someone living in SF.

StoneBuddha
03-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the nuggets of information... I think I'll try going to the Warriors game early and hope I get lucky. Hopefully, Manu's healthy and playing and eager to sign things! :p:

Spursfan092120
03-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the nuggets of information... I think I'll try going to the Warriors game early and hope I get lucky. Hopefully, Manu's healthy and playing and eager to sign things! :p:
Make sure you get a lower level seat and go down to the tunnel closest to the Spurs bench. Manu is GREAT when it comes to signing. If he sees your jersey, and you tell him about it, he'll probably even have a conversation about it with you while he signs yours and others. He's a great guy.

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I miss Manu...

TDMVPDPOY
03-22-2009, 09:48 PM
burn it dude....