PDA

View Full Version : There is no such thing as terrorism, it's now a 'man caused disaster'

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
What a bunch of fucking twits we have in charge...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/03/19/obama-speak-homeland-security-secretary-replaces-terrorism-term-man-caus

Even as President Obama compares bankers to suicide bombers, his Homeland Security Secretary is suggesting the T-word, terrorism, is too inflammatory and representative of old-fashioned "politics of fear." She's announced a new term: "man-caused disaster." From an interview with the German magazine Der Spiegel:

SPIEGEL: Madame Secretary, in your first testimony to the US Congress as Homeland Security Secretary you never mentioned the word "terrorism." Does Islamist terrorism suddenly no longer pose a threat to your country?

NAPOLITANO: Of course it does. I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word "terrorism," I referred to "man-caused" disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.

But what if the suicide bomber is a female? Isn't it sexist to use "man-caused disaster"?

clambake
03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
the word terrorism is a marketing tool.

Winehole23
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
"I presume there is always a threat from terrorism."

jack sommerset
03-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Obamas crew is in ur face ridiculous.

PixelPusher
03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
the word terrorism is a marketing tool.

...but after 8 years of color charts and other assorted bullshit bullshit, some scaredy-cats still demand their security theater.

Clandestino
03-19-2009, 08:21 PM
the terrorists are just misunderstood. it really is not their fault.

Obstructed_View
03-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Someone suggested a new name for terrorists: "Not yet our friends."

micca
03-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Someone suggested a new name for terrorists: "Not yet our friends."
that's pretty funny man.

micca
03-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Well yeah we kinda wanna move away from the politics of fear to the politics of bat shit insane.

Winehole23
03-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Well yeah we kinda wanna move away from the politics of fear to the politics of bat shit insane.We already did a ways back. You just noticed?

micca
03-19-2009, 11:41 PM
We already did a ways back. You just noticed?
Hey precious boy you have something to say or are you just doing your little bitch thing again

Winehole23
03-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey precious boy you have something to say or are you just doing your little bitch thing againEnough with the Mrs. Robinson bit. I already have enough girlfriends. :lol

DarrinS
03-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Well, to far left-wingers like Ward Churchill, terrorists are "freedom fighters" and victims who fell from the WTC are "little Eichmanns".

Ward Churchill is a professor of "ethnic studies" at the Univ. of Colorado and good friend of Bill Ayers (you know, Obama's friend). Ayers and Churchill go on speaking tours together.

http://www.wardchurchill.net/a3_BillAyers.pdf

Blake
03-20-2009, 09:50 AM
if we cower in fear, then the man-caused disasterists have already won.

George Gervin's Afro
03-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I prefer to declare war on a tactic...Can we just go back to calling them Freedom Fries again?

CavsSuperFan
03-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Enemy commandants are now referred to as “Oppressed persons of opposing beliefs”…

RandomGuy
03-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word "terrorism," I referred to "man-caused" disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.

Because, as we all know, the only threat facing the US is from terrorism, and it is silly to look beyond that one threat in a more comprehensive way.

Thanks again AHF, for showing how batshit insane right-wing bloggers and their readers can be.

You guys are making it too easy for us by being so sucktacular on a regular basis. It really is kinda sad.

DarrinS
03-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Because, as we all know, the only threat facing the US is from terrorism, and it is silly to look beyond that one threat in a more comprehensive way.

Thanks again AHF, for showing how batshit insane right-wing bloggers and their readers can be.

You guys are making it too easy for us by being so sucktacular on a regular basis. It really is kinda sad.

To be fair, RG, I wish the Bush admin had taken it more seriously in the late Summer of 2001.

RandomGuy
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
To be fair, RG, I wish the Bush admin had taken it more seriously in the late Summer of 2001.

One has to remember how isolationist the GOP was before then. If it was foreign policy it was pretty much ignored until some crisis popped up.

Setting aside partisanship for a second:

It may have been a bit different had many of the Clinton people who had some relative experience and knowledge with the issues were still in place if Gore had been elected.

Clinton gets a lot of knocks for somehow ignoring the problem, but a lot of that is simply selective memory. He spoke about the problem and was fairly aware of it.

I kind of wonder what damage is done by switching over administrations every few years, just when people finally round out their learning curves.

The Bush adminsitration, for all its fuck-ups seemed to start getting a lot of foreign policy right in the last 2 or 3 years, and seemed to be hitting a fair stride.

Yeah, that's right, I said Bush did some things right. It still doesn't forgive him for those fuck-ups, but I can acknowledge that not all the people in the administration were idiots or hacks, and capable of learning.

Ignignokt
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow, Napolitano is a douche!!!

Who else but man can cause terrorsism, Space Aliens??

The secret is out!!!

Thany you Random Guy!!!

The govt has just revealed the secret of UFO's and aliens.

Nuance!!

RandomGuy
03-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, Napolitano is a douche!!!

Who else but man can cause terrorsism, Space Aliens??

The secret is out!!!

Thany you Random Guy!!!

The govt has just revealed the secret of UFO's and aliens.

Nuance!!

http://www.trephination.net/gallery/macros/wtf-lightning.jpg

:lol

Congratulations. You are now the internet equivalent of an old guy walking down the street muttering "Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes..."

WTF?

Winehole23
03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Congratulations. You are now the internet equivalent of an old guy walking down the street muttering "Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes..."Check the avatar. Iggy's in character IMO.

RandomGuy
03-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Check the avatar. Iggy's in character IMO.

Hmm. Methinks you're right. Best to mostly ignore the trolls, I guess.

I just thought it was a good chance to use a funny picture tho'.

Oh, Gee!!
03-20-2009, 02:36 PM
give it a name

ChumpDumper
03-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey precious boy you have something to say or are you just doing your little bitch thing againHave you done anything but your little bitch thing here?

Bartleby
03-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Have you done anything but your little bitch thing here?

Don't encourage him, or he's likely to fire off one of his signature epic-length paragraphs filled with incomprehensible gibberish.