PDA

View Full Version : Will Andrew Bynum even play in the playoffs this year?

adidas11
03-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Ok, announcement on TNT that Phil Jackson said that Bynum is 3-4 weeks away from even practicing. That puts him well into the first round of the playoffs.

I'm very disturbed by this news. I'm starting to really think that Bynum will not make an appearance in the playoffs this year (even if LA makes it to the finals)

This is sounding eerily similar to the Tim Duncan "day-to-day" knee injury back in 2000. Where despite what the Spurs brass was saying to the press, Duncan had absolutely no chance of playing in the playoffs that season.

Discuss.

timvp
03-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm surprised that he's missed this much time. An MCL injury usually isn't very serious.

td4mvp21
03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
That would fucking suck for the Lakers. They would still have a real good chance to win the West, though.

ducks
03-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok, announcement on TNT that Phil Jackson said that Bynum is 3-4 weeks away from even practicing. That puts him well into the first round of the playoffs.

I'm very disturbed by this news. I'm starting to really think that Bynum will not make an appearance in the playoffs this year (even if LA makes it to the finals)

This is sounding eerily similar to the Tim Duncan "day-to-day" knee injury back in 2000. Where despite what the Spurs brass was saying to the press, Duncan had absolutely no chance of playing in the playoffs that season.

Discuss.

hate it for them

would kobe even be in the mvp talks if lakers did not steal gasol?

adidas11
03-19-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm surprised that he's missed this much time. An MCL injury usually isn't very serious.

Agreed. The injury happened back in January, and at first glance, I thought it would take 4 - 6 weeks to get back in the game for him (putting him at beginning of March at the latest)

The average recovery time is 6 weeks, I believe.

baseline bum
03-19-2009, 10:54 PM
If that's the case, LA better pray Ginobili's at 20% again and Cleveland takes Boston out.

sook
03-19-2009, 10:55 PM
i hope he does so Yao can teach him a thing or two

ducks
03-19-2009, 10:56 PM
lakers better pray tp is at 60% and duncan is at 50%

and tp finally runs out of steam carrying the spurs this season

xtremesteven33
03-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Lakers wont make it out the West without Bynum.

Theyre not as good as they were last year and the Spurs have gotten deeper.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-19-2009, 11:13 PM
The Lakers are definitely still the favorites against the Spurs even without Bynum, come on now.

tlongII
03-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I guarantee we'll take out the Lakers if Bynum isn't available. There's no question that we can win the West without him in the picture.

TDMVPDPOY
03-19-2009, 11:16 PM
well his getting paid to do shit all

good times

Technique
03-19-2009, 11:20 PM
This just in: Charles Barkley said that the Lakers cannot win without Bynum this season.

BARKLEY HAS SPOKEN.

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 11:21 PM
No Bynum no championship

timvp
The Lakers are definitely still the favorites against the Spurs even without Bynum, come on now.
Affirmative.

xtremesteven33

To the casual NBA fan and most people yes.

But to many Spurs fans and to the Spurs team....they know they are a much better team than they were last year.

-George Hill
-Drew Gooden
-Roger Mason Jr
-oh yea and a HEALTHY Manu Ginoibili.

I feel confident facing the Lakers this year.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-19-2009, 11:23 PM
To the casual NBA fan and most people yes.

But to many Spurs fans and to the Spurs team....they know they are a much better team than they were last year.

-George Hill
-Drew Gooden
-Roger Mason Jr
-oh yea and a HEALTHY Manu Ginoibili.

I feel confident facing the Lakers this year.

The problem with that argument is that while the Spurs are much deeper this year, the Lakers got even better as well.

That's why they have the edge.

Ghazi
03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
The problem with that argument is that while the Spurs are much deeper this year, the Lakers got even better as well.

Technically they didn't. The numbers for a lot of their bench players went down + they lost Turiaf (eh not sure how big a deal that is).

They were much more blistering after the Gasol trade last year than they have been this year.

The thing is though, healthy Ginobili isn't a guarantee...

xtremesteven33
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM

their bench is not that great. Even PJ knows this.

Gasol is playing nearly 40 minutes a game. Lakers staff are already concerned about his stamina going into the playoffs.

Also look at it player by player and youll see that i still give the edge to the Spurs. maybe its a LITTLE biased but hey i got faith in my team. :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM
A year of experience for Gasol and Odom alone makes LA better.

IronMexican
03-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Lakers are definitely better. I hope the Spurs knock out Houston. I don't know if LA could handle Yao for 7 games.

03-19-2009, 11:52 PM
the lakers' window for a championship is probably open at its widest since 2004. with a healthy roster, lakers will have every piece available to win: a legitimate post player, a legitimate 7-foot center, a slashing shooting guard, veteran point guard to provide leadership, and a bench lead by odom. if the lakers have to wait until next year, odom most likely will be gone, and maybe even ariza if some team is desperate enough to overpay him. their championship window will still be open, just not as wide.

ducks
03-19-2009, 11:52 PM
odom should be on the bench
that is one reason lakers bench sucks this year

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 12:06 AM
If the Lakers don't win it all this year and Odom leaves, they might be in some trouble, but I think Bynum is coming back, there's no way an MCL injury can shelf him for the year.

j.dizzle
03-20-2009, 12:29 AM
i know hes 7 feet tall & all but my fuckin grandma is probably a quicker then this guy. He must not eat enough vitamins or some shit :lol.. but in all honestly i know this wont be the same as last years outcome. Why would you rush him back at 80% when you can just wait a couple extra weeks & get him at 100%.

J Zone
03-20-2009, 12:43 AM
He's going to begin doing some practice drills on Friday. Hopefully he doesn't suffer any setbacks... but I expect him to return before the playoffs.

Showtime24 LAKERS
03-20-2009, 12:45 AM
I think PJ gave that answer just so he'd be left the hell alone about Drew. He said he's tired of answering those questions already but they wont quit. But since Drews already doing basketball activety, i dont think he will miss the entire season.

cobbler
03-20-2009, 12:46 AM
I love all the posts from guys saying the Lakers have no chance if Bynum doesnt return....and yet during the first half of the season were bagging on him as someone who has produced nothing and is overated.

j.dizzle
03-20-2009, 12:53 AM
[quote=cobbler;3212138]I love all the posts from guys saying the Lakers have no chance if Bynum doesnt return....and yet during the first half of the season were bagging on him as someone who has produced nothing and is overated.[/quote

:lol damn never thought about that..now u know ppl just talk shit about him cuz they all wish they had him on their own teams. 7 foot centers with nice post skills are rare as is hell in the NBA these days

DrHouse
03-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Bynum will be back this season.

We won't need him until the WCF anyways.

Baseline
03-20-2009, 12:57 AM
hate it for them

Exactly. The Lakers would be battling Dallas for the 8th seed if they didn't have Gasol.

So no, of course Bryant wouldn't be an MVP candidate if they didn't have Gasol. What has Bryant ever accomplished without an all-star center by his side?

Well, in 2005 he led the Lakers to the playo... Oh that's right, they didn't even make the playoffs that year.

What a superstar.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 01:02 AM

Except he's right on schedule 8-12 weeks. And it was a grade 3 tear.

Yeah let's rush Bynum back for a few meaningless regular season games. He's coming back for the playoffs which is the only thing that matters at this point.

Lakers + Bynum in the finals = :lobt2:

j-money24
03-20-2009, 01:09 AM
i really dont care if bynum will be back or not, im confident this team could win it all without bynum WHEN their playing their best basketball, but as of right now, if the playoffs where about to start, they will not even make it out of the west, they look so bad right now in every way.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 01:16 AM
The Lakers would be battling Dallas for the 8th seed if they didn't have Gasol.

Are you retarded? They were the number 1 seed (over SA btw) before the Gasol trade happened.

So no, of course Bryant wouldn't be an MVP candidate if they didn't have Gasol. What has Bryant ever accomplished without an all-star center by his side?

What has Duncan accomplished without a hall of fame center or a finals MVP by his side?

Well, in 2005 he led the Lakers to the playo... Oh that's right, they didn't even make the playoffs that year.

Oh that's right, the Lakers two best players were injured for over 40 games and they had a mid-season coaching change.

mystargtr34
03-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Are you retarded? They were the number 1 seed (over SA btw) before the Gasol trade happened.

What has Duncan accomplished without a hall of fame center or a finals MVP by his side?

Oh that's right, the Lakers two best players were injured for over 40 games and they had a mid-season coaching change.

Won B2B MVP awards, 2 Finals MVP's and 2 Rings.

Unless you consider a 37 year old D-Rob HoF caliber. Duncan was surrounded by a retiring D-Rob, a Rookie Manu, and a near teenage PG plus 30+ YO Role players during his primes years, and like i said, won championships and Finals MVPs, aswell as Regular Season MVP's.

Ghazi
03-20-2009, 02:01 AM

Unless you consider a 37 year old D-Rob HoF caliber. Duncan was surrounded by a retiring D-Rob, a Rookie Manu, and a near teenage PG plus 30+ YO Role players during his primes years, and like i said, won championships and Finals MVPs, aswell as Regular Season MVP's.

Fluke championship. if Dirk didn't get injured Mavs woulda been da champs.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:47 AM

D-Rob's defense was still hall of fame caliber. Manu and Parker were both all-star caliber players.

Wake me up when Duncan drags a team of Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke Walton and Lamar Odom to the playoffs.

Or when he wins a b2b :lobt:. Which is something Duncan will never do and could never do. Kobe already has a 3-peat in his pocket and will be starting his next one this June.

baseline bum
03-20-2009, 05:17 AM
Wake me up when Duncan drags a team of Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke Walton and Lamar Odom to the playoffs.

Duncan dragged as bad of a supporting cast to the WCF in 01. Wake me when Duncan can't lead his team to the playoffs.

Rogue
03-20-2009, 06:34 AM
I bet Bynum would immediately put on his pants and rush back to games if now it was not regular season but in the game 7 vs. spurs in WCF, and also Manu for that matter. They are being saved for playoffs.

Bruno
03-20-2009, 07:13 AM
If Bynum isn't available for the start of the playoffs, Lakers will only have Josh Powell and DJ MBenga to backup Gasol and Odom. This bench lacks of depth and experience.
Lakers have an open roster spot, I expect them to sign a vet PF/C like Robert Horry or Adonal Foyle before the end of the season.

1Parker1
03-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Phil is like Pop, doesn't want to show his hand. I bet Bynum is back on the court next week.

turiaf for president
03-20-2009, 08:15 AM
I guarantee we'll take out the Lakers if Bynum isn't available. There's no question that we can win the West without him in the picture.

dood shut up with ure retarded guarantees. if i had a buck for everyime u had guarantee's, i woulda retired by now

Spursmania
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Lakers are still the favorites with/without Bynum. They are still the WCF winners and until someone takes them out they are the frontrunners.

With that said, certainly, if Bynum truly isn't back and their not pulling any BS about him not even practicing for another 3-4 weeks, then the playing field is leveled. Now if only Duncan can get to at least 90%....

Spursmania
03-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Phil is like Pop, doesn't want to show his hand. I bet Bynum is back on the court next week.

True. I think it's bullshit or he is seriously one of the slowest healers in the NBA.:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 10:09 AM

Hey 21 retards, check again, the Suns were winning the division before the Gasol trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM

In 2005, he won finals MVP, and had Nazr Mouhammed at center. Weird definition of a HOF center you have.

http://www.rrr.org.au/assets/epic_fail.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Or when he wins a b2b :lobt:. Which is something Duncan will never do and could never do. Kobe already has a 3-peat in his pocket and will be starting his next one this June.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

God dam you're dumb, by that theory Scottie Pippen is better than Bryant and Duncan because he has two three-peats, regardless of the fact he was nothing more than a sidekick.

Indazone
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Sweep the leg. Take out Gasol Then we will have the good old 2005 Lakers back.

Hemotivo
03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Who makes the diagnosis?

Dr. House?

Hemotivo
03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Bynum will be back this season.

We won't need him until the WCF anyways.

You're the doctor......

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
D-Rob's defense was still hall of fame caliber. Manu and Parker were both all-star caliber players.

In 2003, Manu averaged 7 points a game. How many people have been in the all star conversation averagin 7 points per game?

RedsLakers24
03-20-2009, 11:30 AM
hate it for them

Kobe wouldnt be on the Lakers

RedsLakers24
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey 21 retards, check again, the Suns were winning the division before the Gasol trade.

The lakers were in 1st place before bynum went down, check again

DPG21920
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM

Lakers were in 1st.

sook
03-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I hope Bynum comes back because that leaves Pau less room to operate and he really owns us

mytespurs
03-20-2009, 11:51 AM

....and something that Duncan doesn't need to do......he's already done itall.....MVP, All Star and 4 time world champion......

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 12:14 PM

What the fuck does that have to do with what I said?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
They were 25-11 when bynum went down if you count the game he went down, the Suns were 26-11. So that isn't even true.

The Franchise
03-20-2009, 12:35 PM
:drunk

LakeShow
03-20-2009, 01:31 PM

Discuss.

He'll play. What Phil said was not really different than what we already knew. Andrew said he was going to get on the practice court Friday. April is good. If the Lakers face the Celtics in June, that should be more than enough time for him to be ready.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_11947013

sook
03-20-2009, 01:34 PM
on a side not, something that is obviously mroe important that bynum is you can watch dragonball 2009 here

http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f3117828o1p0.html

mogrovejo
03-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Meh.. this is Phil being an attention whore, as per usual. I bet he's playing games by mid-April.

RedsLakers24
03-20-2009, 01:56 PM
on a side not, something that is obviously mroe important that bynum is you can watch dragonball 2009 here

http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f3117828o1p0.html

i didnt like the show cuz i never understood it maybe the movie will help

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Kobe wouldnt be on the Lakers

while i appreciate the sig, you're gonna need to get a different one that's really frowned upon

sook
03-20-2009, 02:01 PM
i didnt like the show cuz i never understood it maybe the movie will help

nope you won't understand it then..

Those who love the show will hate the movie

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2009, 02:05 PM
nope you won't understand it then..

Those who love the show will hate the movie

they released it in Asia before the US for christ's sake. I really hate fox and what they are doing to franchises Daredevil sucked, Fantastic four sucked twice. XMen 3 was crap. They turned Deadpool into baracka in the new xmen movie, seriously fuck you fox

sook
03-20-2009, 02:17 PM
they released it in Asia before the US for christ's sake. I really hate fox and what they are doing to franchises Daredevil sucked, Fantastic four sucked twice. XMen 3 was crap. They turned Deadpool into baracka in the new xmen movie, seriously fuck you fox

who made watchmen? The CGI for that movie was 100 times better than dragonball, and when that happens you know something is wrong

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2009, 02:18 PM
who made watchmen? The CGI for that movie was 100 times better than dragonball, and when that happens you know something is wrong

warner bros.

RedsLakers24
03-20-2009, 02:19 PM
while i appreciate the sig, you're gonna need to get a different one that's really frowned upon

No Problem

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
RedsLakers, what exactly does the division leader at the time of Bynum's injury have to do with the division leader at the time of the Gasol trade?

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:32 PM

God dam you're dumb, by that theory Scottie Pippen is better than Bryant and Duncan because he has two three-peats, regardless of the fact he was nothing more than a sidekick.

Not only are you stupid in that you can't spell, calling Kobe nothing more than a sidekick is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Try watching basketball, because it's pretty obvious you don't. Sidekicks don't carry Shaq in the 4th quarter like Kobe did all those years. He was the bonafide closer of that 3-peat team. Best defender and facilitator.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:33 PM

Point in case, you don't watch basketball. What a fucking idiot you are. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Point in case, you don't watch basketball. What a fucking idiot you are. :lol

Check it if you think I'm wrong.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:37 PM
....and something that Duncan doesn't need to do......he's already done itall.....MVP, All Star and 4 time world champion......

Don't forget Bronze medalist. So good he couldn't even dominate a bunch of scrubby Europeans. :lmao :lmao :lmao

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Check it if you think I'm wrong.

You are wrong. The game after Bynum went down, the Lakers were holding the number 1 seed. Douche bag.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Pau Gasol made his debut on LA on February 5th, 2008 against the New Jersey Nets. Going to into that game, the Lakers were 30-16.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2008_games.html

The Suns did not have a game that day, but they had a 34-14 record.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2008_games.html

So 21 Palins, please explain to me how 30-16 is a better record than 34-14.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
The game after Bynum went down is what I meant to say. They were holding the number one seed.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
The game after Bynum went down is what I meant to say

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Are you laughing because you were wrong? Because that is funny.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Are you laughing because you were wrong? Because that is funny.

How was I wrong? You're the one who had to change your argument after you realized you were wrong. That's a very Palin-like debate tactic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I never changed arguments. The Lakers were holding the number 1 seed before the Gasol trade happened. Which is what I originally said.

You keep talking about Palin and arguing over semantics. You must be her biggest fan.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 04:48 PM
The Lakers were holding the number 1 seed before the Gasol trade happened.

No they weren't, at the time of the Gasol trade, they weren't winning their division. I just posted proof of that that you can't seem to refute.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 04:50 PM
You must be her biggest fan.

This is coming from someone who's stupidity earned the nickname 21 Palins.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes they ended up losing the number 1 seed because Bynum went down they began to struggle. Still doesn't change the fact that they were holding the number 1 at one point before the Gasol trade. Learn to comprehend context.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that they were holding the number 1 at one point before the Gasol trade.

Why is it just now that you decide to insert the phrase "at one point"?

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Because your reading comprehension is pathetic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Because your reading comprehension is pathetic.

I'm gonna go with you thought you had your facts right but you didn't, so you quickly changed the meaning of your statement.

What would be the point in saying the Lakers were "at one point" the one seed before the Gasol trade? It does nothing to dispute the argument that the Gasol trade saved them from being the 7-8 seed.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm gonna go with you thought you had your facts right but you didn't, so you quickly changed the meaning of your statement.

My facts were right. And the original statement was not wrong. No where did I imply they were holding the 1 seed the entire season.

What would be the point in saying the Lakers were "at one point" the one seed before the Gasol trade? It does nothing to dispute the argument that the Gasol trade saved them from being the 7-8 seed.

1 seed without Gasol. Not that hard to grasp.

RedsLakers24
03-20-2009, 05:05 PM
No they weren't, at the time of the Gasol trade, they weren't winning their division. I just posted proof of that that you can't seem to refute.

He is saying before the injury to bynum, once bynum got hurt we lost a couple of games, but with bynum healthy and without gasol we could have 1st seed in the west

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 05:08 PM
He is saying before the injury to bynum, once bynum got hurt we lost a couple of games, but with bynum healthy and without gasol we could have 1st seed in the west

Still does nothing to disprove the opinion that the Gasol trade saved them from a disastrous season, which was the topic that started this whole argument.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
1 seed without Gasol.

But with Bynum. If the Gasol trade didn't happen, they would have had to play the rest of the season w/o Gasol or Bynum, most likely resulting in a 7-8 seed and Kobe demanding a trade once the season was over.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 05:15 PM
But with Bynum. If the Gasol trade didn't happen, they would have had to play the rest of the season w/o Gasol or Bynum, most likely resulting in a 7-8 seed and Kobe demanding a trade once the season was over.

You're playing the what if game, which is stupid.

Fact is, 1 seed without Gasol. Kobe isn't demanding a trade from the best team in the West when healthy.

TheMACHINE
03-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I love all the posts from guys saying the Lakers have no chance if Bynum doesnt return....and yet during the first half of the season were bagging on him as someone who has produced nothing and is overated.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 05:19 PM
You're playing the what if game, which is stupid.

Fact is, 1 seed without Gasol.

Not really, the lone Suns victory in Staples Center over the last two seasons came when Bynum and Gasol were out just to remind you of how bad they were during that stretch. Without Bynum and Gasol, that team isn't a whole lot better than the 2006 or 2007 Lakers.

The what if game is dumb, but in this situation the argument itself was a what if game.

I really have no idea why "what if the Gasol trade didn't happen" was discussed earlier on in this thread, but that trade undoubtedly saved the Lakers.

21_Blessings
03-20-2009, 05:28 PM
The what if game is dumb, but in this situation the argument itself was a what if game.

No it wasn't a what if game. But I can play it too. What if Bynum's knee was properly taken care of last year and Ariza doesn't go down. What if games are stupid. 1 seed without Gasol is a fact.

I really have no idea why "what if the Gasol trade didn't happen" was discussed earlier on in this thread, but that trade undoubtedly saved the Lakers.

No it didn't save them as they won jackshit last season. 1 seed without Gasol, fact. Bynum is right on schedule to return within the time frame originally planned this season. Sub Bynum for Gasol and they're still the favorite out West with better defense.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 05:34 PM
No it wasn't a what if game. But I can play it too. What if Bynum's knee was properly taken care of last year and Ariza doesn't go down. What if games are stupid. 1 seed without Gasol is a fact.

No it didn't save them as they won jackshit last season. 1 seed without Gasol, fact. Bynum is right on schedule to return within the time frame originally planned this season. Sub Bynum for Gasol and they're still the favorite out West with better defense.

I never said the Lakers with a healthy Bynum but w/o Gasol weren't the favorite in the West, but at the time of the Gasol trade Bynum was out as you know.

sook
03-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Andrew Bynum is a turrible player he can't even make shots, so he can't be useful to his team

adidas11
03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, this is good to hear if what people are stating is true, and Bynum is expected back to practice by next Friday. Hopefully Phil was throwing the press some BS about the 3-4 week timeframe from this week for Bynum to start practicing.

Rogue
03-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Still does nothing to disprove the opinion that the Gasol trade saved them from a disastrous season, which was the topic that started this whole argument.
you were expecting a shit to "disprove the opinion".

Rogue
03-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Andrew Bynum is a turrible player he can't even make shots, so he can't be useful to his team
nope, bynum isn't a turrible player like yao. Bynum may not be as capable as Gasol and Odom at present, but he is the only guy that plays toughly and physically. Gasol and Odom are both too soft to guard a great center like shaq, that's why the lakers are the "scissors" while the suns are "stone".

additionally, Bynum was the cornerstone inside lakers' paint before Gasol was stolen from memphis. Bynum kept the lakers afloat during the first half of last season, then Gasol's arrival finally took off the lakers.

cobbler
03-20-2009, 09:34 PM
nope, bynum isn't a turrible player like yao. Bynum may not be as capable as Gasol and Odom at present, but he is the only guy that plays toughly and physically. Gasol and Odom are both too soft to guard a great center like shaq, that's why the lakers are the "scissors" while the suns are "stone".

additionally, Bynum was the cornerstone inside lakers' paint before Gasol was stolen from memphis. Bynum kept the lakers afloat during the first half of last season, then Gasol's arrival finally took off the lakers.

Instant loss of all credibility there.

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Instant loss of all credibility there.

Amen, it's "Rock, Paper, Scissors" not "Stone, Paper Scissors" fucking English prick