PDA

View Full Version : Is the Rocket game on Sunday televised?

200 miles
03-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I ask because I found nothing on yahoo sports and since it is at 2:30, I presumed it would be on ABC. Is it or is it not?

completely deck
03-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Spurs.com states My35 HD, so no it's not national.

crc21209
03-20-2009, 12:33 AM
No. It was originally supposed to start at Noon on ABC but the change was announced earlier in the Season that the game would start at 2:30 p.m instead and not be on ABC now.

braeden0613
03-20-2009, 12:37 AM
No. It was originally supposed to start at Noon on ABC but the change was announced earlier in the Season that the game would start at 2:30 p.m instead and not be on ABC now.
And guess who we got bumped for? Miami-Detroit :sleep:sleep

Chieflion
03-20-2009, 01:10 AM
And guess who we got bumped for? Miami-Detroit :sleep:sleep
It is always good to see D-Wade in action.

Technique
03-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Afterall, we were a part of the lowest rated finals in ABC history. Though it mostly the Cavs fault for just being so bad.

AussieFanKurt
03-20-2009, 01:49 AM
It is always good to see D-Wade in action.

The current human highlight film
though i'd still rather watch the boys.

50Bestspurever
03-20-2009, 03:09 AM
Afterall, we were a part of the lowest rated finals in ABC history. Though it mostly the Cavs fault for just being so bad.

Cavs had nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact cavs helped the ratings. But if you are a true spurs fan you don't give a fuck cause the national media can suck spurs fan left nut. Thats the way it is and thats the way it is going to be.

Technique
03-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Cavs had nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact cavs helped the ratings. But if you are a true spurs fan you don't give a fuck cause the national media can suck spurs fan left nut. Thats the way it is and thats the way it is going to be.

There's no way the Cavs helped the ratings. They were nothing but detrimental. I'm not saying SA is a fan favorite - quite the opposite actually. Proof of this is when it was Pistons vs Lakers and Pistons won 4-1 with 11.5 mil views. Compare that with the following year Pistons vs SA which had 3 million less views despite it being one of the most exiciting finals in a long time. Not to mention the 2008 finals doubled the ratings of 2006, stupid Lakers. If it was the Lakers vs Boston instead of Spurs the media would be all over their asses trying to hype it up. Anyway this is going on to be a rant, my initial point was that the Cavs being so horrible that year did not do justice to both the Spurs and the NBA.

Spork KIller
03-20-2009, 03:04 PM

No you dumbass, it's the spurms the cause for the low ratings, just look at past NBA Finals in which the spurms have been part of it, everyone of those have had low ratings, so is not the teams the spurms have played agaisnt it's the spurms!!!

Boring + Small market = Low Ratings

Don Quixote
03-20-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't see why ABC just doesn't put the Lakers versus Cavs every Sunday. Why not?

Shoot, if ABC could, they would forget basketball altogether and just air Grey's anatomy spinoffs for their entire schedule. They're basically the broadcast version of Lifetime for women anyway.

fyatuk
03-20-2009, 03:24 PM
I ask because I found nothing on yahoo sports and since it is at 2:30, I presumed it would be on ABC. Is it or is it not?

It has to be televised (part of the Spurs lease). Explanations on why the weird start for a non-ABC game are already in abundance, though.

Texas_Ranger
03-20-2009, 03:24 PM
No you dumbass, it's the spurms the cause for the low ratings, just look at past NBA Finals in which the spurms have been part of it, everyone of those have had low ratings, so is not the teams the spurms have played agaisnt it's the spurms!!!

Boring + Small market = Low Ratings

Entertaining + who gives a fuck about defense = 0 rings

Spork KIller
03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Entertaining + who gives a fuck about defense = 0 rings
Hey the lakers are entertaining plus they play defense and have won 14 titles...

:lol

Don Quixote
03-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I love this! A loser fan of a worthless, non-playoff team, talking smack.

I like trolls, as long as they are funny, interesting, or bring something to the table. But this guy does none of this.

Enjoy the lottery, loser.

Texas_Ranger
03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey the lakers are entertaining plus they play defense and have won 14 titles...

:lol

Yea they play D, while your loser team does not.:blah