PDA

View Full Version : Parker's last 13 games...

Gutter92
03-20-2009, 01:17 AM
340 points
137/268 fgm/fga

26ppg, 8 apg, on 51% shooting

34 mpg

Impressive :toast

AussieFanKurt
03-20-2009, 01:50 AM
mate,
i think we're all pretty aware of this

Toni61
03-20-2009, 02:24 AM
This man hold us in the Game !!!

Go Spurs Go

roGerM
03-20-2009, 02:59 AM
It does not mean anything good if spurs lost 5 of those 13 games against shitty teams.:ihit

Freeze
03-20-2009, 03:27 AM
It does not mean anything good if spurs lost 5 of those 13 games against shitty teams.:ihit

it does mean we could have lost more games
:wakeup

mathbzh
03-20-2009, 03:55 AM

Shitty teams?
Cavs, Lakers, @Portland, @Dallas?

Bukefal
03-20-2009, 04:01 AM
Go tony! Keep playing like this!

kace
03-20-2009, 04:06 AM
it does mean we could have lost more games
:wakeup

it does mean we WOULD have lost almost all these games. without manu and Tim (or at least the real Tim), i think it's safe to say that without tony playing at this level, we would have been near 0-13 in this strech.

1Parker1
03-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Trade him for Rondo!

MoSpur
03-20-2009, 08:28 AM
^ LOL

I honestly think Tony needs to be mentioned as a MVP candidate. Not saying he should receive so many votes or whatever. Just saying he should be mentioned in the MVP conversations. I doubt he will get votes, but he should at least be mentioned. He doesn't have the stats to get him mild consideration, but the dude has done more than his part to keep the Spurs in 1st place in the SW Division.

honestfool84
03-20-2009, 09:44 AM
^ LOL

I honestly think Tony needs to be mentioned as a MVP candidate. Not saying he should receive so many votes or whatever. Just saying he should be mentioned in the MVP conversations. I doubt he will get votes, but he should at least be mentioned. He doesn't have the stats to get him mild consideration, but the dude has done more than his part to keep the Spurs in 1st place in the SW Division.

NBA MVP race. (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/rob_peterson/03/13/wade_climbs.mvp.20090313/index.html)

i don't think stats have anything to do with it.

(leader in bold)
tim duncan's stats:
PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% FT%
20.1 10.6 3.7 0.5 1.8 .510 .696

tony parker's stats:
PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% FT%
21.4 2.9 6.7 0.9 0.1 .491 .802

if you went by stats, then parker should be higher than tim duncan, even higher than many other players on that list.

romain.star
03-20-2009, 09:51 AM
^ LOL

Being the unquestioned MVP of the 5th best NBA team (sorry tim) should give him some credit indeed but this guy is slowly becoming the most underrated player by the media and NBA fans.

You won't hear anything of him unless he wins games with a 55/10 outing or 38/10 back to back performances

honestfool84
03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Being the unquestioned MVP of the 5th best NBA team (sorry tim) should give him some credit indeed but this guy is slowly becoming the most underrated player by the media and NBA fans.

You won't hear anything of him unless he wins games with a 55/10 outing or 38/10 back to back performances

unquestioned?

:lol

kace
03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
the fact is that they basically choose only one player per team for the MVP race TOP 10, unless your team is really dominating the league. even if tony is arguably the best spur this year, i've got no problem with Tim being choosen since he's the franchise player and has a very good year, especially before his injury.

but you can have two great players in the same team who deserve credits in the MVP race. it's totally possible without even being the best team of the league since these two stars could be surrounded rather poorly.

Honestly, the rankings in the NBA MVP race are not so bad. though, there's no way billups, Allen, KG should be ahead of him.

for DWill, Harris, Gasol and even Tim, it's very close, you could argue TP could be ahead of them. the others deserve to be ahead tony IMO.

romain.star
03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
unquestioned?

:lol

I know it sounds weird but if you look at it game by game since the very beginning of the season, TP has to be our MVP.

Don't get me wrong, I know what TD brings everynight as a dominant bigman. He is the cornerstone of this team, no doubt. But this season IMHO, the go-to-guy has been parker, he has been more than clutch, he has led his troops better then ever and has been as consistent as ever.
And he is doing all that when we need it the most because while Manu is out and TD is struggling, the 2nd seed chasers are right behind us

VI_Massive
03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
I know it sounds weird but if you look at it game by game since the very beginning of the season, TP has to be our MVP.

Don't get me wrong, I know what TD brings everynight as a dominant bigman. He is the cornerstone of this team, no doubt. But this season IMHO, the go-to-guy has been parker, he has been more than clutch, he has led his troops better then ever and has been as consistent as ever.
And he is doing all that when we need it the most because while Manu is out and TD is struggling, the 2nd seed chasers are right behind us

Why choose? We'd probably be a lottery team without either of them.

And as far as an under the radar Spurs MVP pick......Kurt Thomas has been a rock.

MoSpur
03-20-2009, 10:39 AM
I have no problem with Tim receiving more MVP votes or consideration than Tony. I can see that. There is no arguing Tim is the cornerstone of this franchise, but TP has been solid all year. He's been doing his thing all season. There was a stretch when TP was going nuts scoring 30+ points. I think he would get more consideration if he hadn't hurt his ankle after that 55pt performance.

romain.star
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Why choose? We'd probably be a lottery team without either of them.

And as far as an under the radar Spurs MVP pick......Kurt Thomas has been a rock.

it's not about choosing one of em !
I was just pointing out the fac that Parker is becoming one of the most underrated NBA player.

ut you're right, a spur player being under the radar: that's no big news here !

PS: +1 about Kurt Thomas being a rock

George Gervin's Afro
03-20-2009, 10:41 AM
I am one of the biggest TP critics on this board however I will agree that he has been our MVP.

jman3000
03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
what are his turnover numbers? ft %? assist to turnover ratio?

I know he's been putting up some good numbers over this last month... ive actually watched the games and cant help but get the impression that he's forcing things entirely too much. Even more so than would be allowable with Manu and a healthy Tim out.

bleh.

romain.star
03-20-2009, 10:47 AM

I know he's been putting up some good numbers over this last month... ive actually watched the games and cant help but get the impression that he's forcing things entirely too much. Even more so than would be allowable with Manu and a healthy Tim at his side.

bleh.

Hey, he is not a perfect player if you want to know.

But with Manu out and TD injured, Parker has to force things a bit more don't you think?

And as far as it goes, he has been pretty successful

VI_Massive
03-20-2009, 10:48 AM

I know he's been putting up some good numbers over this last month... ive actually watched the games and cant help but get the impression that he's forcing things entirely too much. Even more so than would be allowable with Manu and a healthy Tim at his side.

bleh.

In some of these situations I think he's had to force things because he's the only out there who can make things happen offensively. Also, other teams know this and put a disproportionate amount of pressure on TP.

mathbzh
03-20-2009, 10:53 AM

over 13 games :

2.6 TO (he averages 2.5 on his career, 2.6 for the season)
80 FT% (his numbers for the year)
Ast/TO 2.9 (almost his career best).

Edit:
For Tony I am not sure Ast/TO is a very valid indicator since most of his turnovers are related to scoring.
Illustration:
Tony is #2 in Assist/Bad Pass (http://www.82games.com/0809/RESORT7.HTM) just behind Paul.

Final Edit:
If you add his very good FG%, I thing your impression that he is forcing things is very misleading.

romain.star
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
over 13 games :

2.6 TO (he averages 2.5 on his career, 2.6 for the season)
80 FT% (his numbers for the year)
Ast/TO 2.9 (almost his career best).

Edit:
For Tony I am not sure Ast/TO is a very valid indicator since most of his turnovers are related to scoring.
Illustration:
Tony is #2 in Assist/Bad Pass (http://www.82games.com/0809/RESORT7.HTM) just behind Paul.

Final Edit:
If you add his very good FG%, I thing your impression that he is forcing things is very misleading.

facts over impressions, it never fails

MI21
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
A little thing over the years that has pissed me off to no end is the belief that Parker can not run an offense and can't pass because of his relatively low APG.

Well, typically, with a full strength team and a more traditional Spurs type offense of which we have seen over the past 10 years, the PG will struggle to put up big APG. Change the whole thing up, like has been happening the past 13 games (No Manu, few games without Timmy, non 100% Timmy, reliance on offense and shooters) and the Spurs offense suddenly looks a little more PG orientated, leading to higher assist totals for Parker.

Sometimes people need to look past pure stats and realise the influences that lead to these stats. His passing hasn't got better, its always been very good. It's the style of play which has changed and influenced his totals.

it's me
03-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Time to bench the frenchie.... we need the spark from the bench and Manu sucks lately

weebo
03-20-2009, 11:22 AM
340 points
137/268 fgm/fga

26ppg, 8 apg, on 51% shooting

34 mpg

Impressive :toast

All this while Mario Lopez is banging Eva...hmmm intresting...

it's me
03-20-2009, 11:28 AM

:lmao

Freeze
03-20-2009, 04:02 PM

Do you mean the more people bang Eva, the more consideration he will get ?

:lmao