PDA

View Full Version : Tim and Malik still talk everyday

Kori Ellis
03-13-2005, 03:27 PM
He still maintains close contact with Duncan, whom he probably will have to take a turn guarding when the Spurs visit a week from tomorrow.

"We play this video game online," Rose said of Duncan. "We talk every day, and he's telling me what's going on down there. I'm telling him how I'm adjusting up here. We've been best friends for eight years, and it's not going to change even though I'm wearing a different uniform."

Rest of the article (http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix134174891mar13,0,6890614.story?coll=ny-knicks-print).

alamo50
03-13-2005, 03:45 PM
"Things are contagious on the floor," Rose said yesterday after practice. "If somebody is out there talking, saying rotations or being active, it's like chatter in the infield in baseball. It keeps the team going. It makes guys aware and alert. It gives them a sense of readiness. That's what I think I'm doing."

WORD!

Spurgal
03-13-2005, 05:32 PM
"My brother called me and told me how the fans reacted, and it made me feel really special, like I was doing something right, I was living right," Rose said. "My restaurant got tens of thousands of e-mails. We got letters and cards and posters and pictures. It was just great."

San Antonio will always be Malik's home...No doubt about It.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2005, 05:39 PM
We went by the new location of the restaurant last night. The Malik's Philly Phamous banner is back up.

alamo50
03-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Why was it down?

greywheel
03-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Where is the new location?

Notorious H.O.P.
03-14-2005, 10:44 AM
It wasn't actually ever down although it looked that way. The wind blew the banner over the top of the loedge it was hanging on. Either that or someone jumped up and pulled it up there. The timing was strange since Malik had just been traded and it looked like the location might not open after all. But I was working an office near there an drove by everyday and could see a small piece of the banner on the roof.

Solid D
03-14-2005, 11:03 AM
The new restaurant is next to Silverado Theatres, Loop 1604 @ Bandera Rd, northwest corner.

Solid D
03-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Someone once posted in here that Malik was a cancer to the team and that we all needed to open our eyes. I didn't see it then and I don't see it now.