PDA

View Full Version : Bonzi

Indazone
03-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Why doesn't a team pick this dude up to make a playoff run? His stats in his last year with the Hornets were not that bad? Heck he'd help on the Mavs and I've seen the Hornets this year. Bonzi would be help a lot.

Just sign him to a 10 day contract and extend if it goes well.

http://offsideswithfletcher.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bonzi.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/Spurspics/ScreenHunter_01Mar200939.gif

tlongII
03-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Because he's a freaking CANCER!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 10:00 AM
The Lakers should pick him up.....with his history against SA.....it all but guarantees a win against them.

Indazone
03-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Actually, he'd fit in well with the Rockets. Adleman knows him well. His teammates know him. He's a big penetrating guard who puts up pretty good rebounding numbers. If James White doesn't work out, then send him back and Bring Bonzi in or give him Joey Dorsey's roster space.

Sides, we need our Spurs killer. LOL

Just suprised that no playoff bound team would take the chance on this guy. Most coaches do not shy away from coaching a player who is a headcase. Most would want Latrell Spreewell back in the day anyways despite his baggage.

mogrovejo
03-20-2009, 01:46 PM
He was so good for the Hornets last season that Byron Scott was forced to keep him in the doghouse for the last games - if he wasn't good enough to help NO, why do you think that this season he's good enough to help another team?

Bonzi may be acceptable for a regular season, if you have a coach and a locker room able to control him, but for the playoffs? Too risky. Guys who think they're much better than they actually are represent a great danger, except if they're truly good.

sook
03-20-2009, 01:53 PM
what playoffs were you watching ..Bonzi was tuurible with the hornets last year

Bob Lanier
03-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Actually, he'd fit in well with the Rockets.
As a third player playing exactly the same position and largely the same style that Artest and Battier do?

Indazone
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
As a third player playing exactly the same position and largely the same style that Artest and Battier do?

Actually, Artest and Bonzi play well together. Remember the Kings? Artest plays SF and Bonzi is a big shooting guard who likes to drive and penetrate. Pretty decent tandem. I like it for versatility. Even T-Mac said that we gave up a lot when we traded Bonzi to the Hornets. Back then he said we gave up a big guard who liked to penetrate and rebound. We didn't have much of that.

Allanon
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Another Smush'ed waste of talent due to attitude. Bonzi always took it to the Lakers too.

The Franchise
03-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Bonzi is a washed up diva. If a man can't honor his commitment to the CBA why would someone take a chance on him in the NBA?

BRHornet45
03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Because he's a freaking CANCER!

son that's the same thing I was told last year by a few people who work inside the Hornets organization. rumor has it he was never on time to anything, would talk on his cell phone during team meetings, and just had a piss poor attitude all around.

Rogue
03-20-2009, 05:51 PM
sons I don't think Bonzi is a cancer as some of you consider him. Bonzi is not as good as he was in 06's playoffs where he almost led his kings to 2 wins in the series against spurs, but he is still a good role player that can put some stimulus to his team.

It's true that Bonzi used to be pretty grumpy a person when he was young, but he has already fixed his bad temper since he joined the rockets in 06. besides, Bonzi is not more of a cancer than some of the NBA players like amare and peja.