PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Bynum out another month

VI_Massive
03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Updated: March 20, 2009, 11:24 AM ET
Jackson: Bynum a month away
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

Andrew Bynum might not return to the Los Angeles Lakers before the NBA playoffs begin in April, coach Phil Jackson said Thursday.

Bynum
Jackson said Bynum is probably a month away from returning from a torn MCL in his right knee. The Lakers end their regular season on April 14, with the playoffs starting soon afterward.

"I would say he's still like a month away from being a player," Jackson said, according to Los Angeles-area media reports. "And if he had to do that in the postseason, then he's going to have to do it. That's just part of it. It's going to change how he comes back obviously."

Bynum was hurt on Jan. 31 in a game against the Memphis Grizzlies and was expected to return in eight to 12 weeks. He has been riding a stationary bike and working out on a treadmill, but that alone won't get him into game shape, Jackson indicated.

"The best case is that he plays the first part of April," Jackson said. "On the pace he's been going at this point, it's really hard to see him in two weeks all of a sudden being able to do that."

Bynum was averaging 14 points and 8.2 rebounds per game when he was injured.

VI_Massive
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
good for us, right? or do we fear a strong performance from Odom in a starter's position? would we rather play LA with a rusty Bynum?

Dex
03-20-2009, 11:50 AM
:lmao

http://chrisstubbs.com/images/matrix.jpg

VI_Massive
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM
:lmao

http://chrisstubbs.com/images/matrix.jpg

Not sure what you're getting at here. Odom creates some nasty matchup problems for us and he seems less engaged, effective, whatever coming off the bench.

mytespurs
03-20-2009, 11:58 AM
good for us, right? or do we fear a strong performance from Odom in a starter's position? would we rather play LA with a rusty Bynum?

My .02 cents...right now, the Lakers are probably a better team than the Spurs so I don't know it matters either way.

Dex
03-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Not sure what you're getting at here. Odom creates some nasty matchup problems for us and he seems less engaged, effective, whatever coming off the bench.

It's like deja vu. Haven't we heard this song before?

Oh, I know that the Lakers are still dangerous without Bynum, just like they were in the last playoffs. I just think it's funny how all the LA fans are hyping up this guys return, and are just getting the same old story as last year.

When will Wilt II come back!?

pawe
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
I'd like a healthy Lakers team for the playoffs please.

Allanon
03-20-2009, 12:13 PM
I'd like a healthy Lakers team for the playoffs please.

Good man. I too, truthfully, would like to see a healthy Manu. Would make the series more exciting.

Sucks for both players.

spursfaninla
03-20-2009, 12:19 PM
manu sounds like he is ahead of the Bynum schedule, as long as he does not regress. Manu should get a handful of regular season games before the playoffs.

benefactor
03-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Translation: "It's worse than we are saying."

Duncan2177
03-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Bynum is not coming back.

VI_Massive
03-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Bynum is not coming back.

that's what my gut tells me. at least not in a meaningful way.

Supergirl
03-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Bynum is a gonna be a non-factor when he comes back. Whether he plays in the playoffs or not, it's not gonna matter, since he's not going to have enough time to work his way into the team rotation and back into game shape.

Very good news indeed.

xtremesteven33
03-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I dont get a good feeling about Bynums chances of coming back healthy.

He can come back but would he be a factor is the major question. Hes young as well so he cant rely on his basketball savvy or IQ to get his team over.

Bad news for the Lakers.

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2009, 01:39 PM
this is the exact same shit as last year. He's coming back in three weeks, uh six weeks, uh first round. Maybe next season.

urunobili
03-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Get Well soon Andrew.. I'd hate to win it all with an asterisk on the Lakers part :tu

Rummpd
03-20-2009, 03:20 PM
My .02 cents...right now, the Lakers are probably a better team than the Spurs so I don't know it matters either way.

At least you said probably - LAL beating the Spurs is NOT A LOCK. A healthy Spurs team, now with Gooden, Mason and Hill can and will give the LAL all they can handle in a tough series that could go either way.

Budkin
03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I actually think the Lakers are better without Bynum and they got all the way to the Finals last year without him. They are just a powerhouse right now and will be tough for anyone.

Don Quixote
03-20-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't see how a healthy Tracy Jordan makes the Lakers that much more formidable. They'll clearly cruise to the Finals, and have a great chance of winning it, without him.

With him, I think they win it anyway.

Josepatches_
03-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Who is Bynum?
I'm only worried abut TD.If he could be at least at 90% I'm sure nobody could beat us .

tlongII
03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Nothing disgusts me more than seeing Lakers fans and Spurs fans talk incessantly about their inevitable WCF matchup. :rolleyes Really?

Ocotillo
03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Geez, what's with these seven foot young guns?

Oden can't stay on the floor and Bynum seems to have tough luck with injuries. Not to mention nearly seven foot Ian Mahinmi.......

xtremesteven33
03-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Nothing disgusts me more than seeing Lakers fans and Spurs fans talk incessantly about their inevitable WCF matchup. :rolleyes Really?

Not as annoying as hearing ESPN constantly remind us that LA needs HCA to beat Celtics/Cavaliers in the Finals.....

03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
speaking of injuries, i wish mahinmi could have played this full season, instead he's forever stuck on the treadmill. a mahinmi bynum matchup could have been exciting.

poop
03-20-2009, 04:49 PM
somewhere out there Bynum, Oden and Mahinmi are lurking in the shadows. or playing playstation deep in a chamber beneath loch ness

Agloco
03-20-2009, 05:00 PM

That's reality. At least for this season. Your boys will be in the mix soon enough.

Showtime24 LAKERS
03-20-2009, 05:03 PM
A month from now would put him still at the original 8- 12 weeks..and if its a month that is still cool with us cuz we don't really need bynum until June (IF celtics make it to the finals) which is still 3 months away so he still has about a month and a half or 3 rounds of playoffs for himself to work his way to his superstar form, I doubt he won't make it back by the playoffs..this type of injuries doesnt even required surgery.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2009, 05:13 PM
When will Wilt II come back!?

More like Sampson II

xtremesteven33
03-20-2009, 05:20 PM
A month from now would put him still at the original 8- 12 weeks..and if its a month that is still cool with us cuz we don't really need bynum until June (IF celtics make it to the finals) which is still 3 months away so he still has about a month and a half or 3 rounds of playoffs for himself to work his way to his superstar form, I doubt he won't make it back by the playoffs..this type of injuries doesnt even required surgery.

I love how everyone assumes the Lakers will have a cakewalk to the Finals...

I LOVE IT!!! :lol