PDA

View Full Version : Manu very doubtful, Tony questionable, Tim likely to play tomorrow

Kori Ellis
03-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I'll post the video of Pop explaining why in a few minutes.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2005, 04:43 PM
http://video.woai.com/launcher/93042,565/

Manu is still treating the groin.
Tony took a knee last night and couldn't walk today -- didn't practice.
Tim's back was better and he practiced today. He will play unless something else comes up.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Interview with Nazr after today's practice...

http://video.woai.com/launcher/93041,565/

timvp
03-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Luckily Tim Duncan, TPark, Duff, The Lady In TPark's Signature and The Guy In Duff's Signature can beat the Hornets.

usckk
03-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Sadness in abundance...:(

Kori Ellis
03-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Tony Parker Catches the Injury Bug

http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=4ADBF2A2-2302-424F-BECC-70181826EF47

The best team in basketball can't seem to catch a break. It turns out that Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Nazr Mohammed aren't the only Spurs nursing injuries.

Tony Parker was unable to walk very well and did not practice on Sunday. Therefore, the Spurs may be without their regular starting backcourt against New Orleans.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich says Tony's injury happened sometime during the loss to Denver Saturday night. According to Pop, Parker got kneed in the thigh and it swelled up overnight. The 22-year-old couldn't even walk across the court at practice Sunday. He’s questionable for Monday’s game against the Hornets.

Tim’s back tightened up Saturday morning at shootaround, so the decision was made to hold him out versus Denver.

“He came in this morning and couldn’t go through shoot around," said Popovich after the Nuggets game. "It was something with his back -- he pinched something. His ankle is fine, that is why we said he was probable. I would have been surprised if he couldn’t go. Then he gets to shoot around and he couldn’t jog up and down the court. Will (Sevening) worked with him, but he couldn’t get loose. We had to sit him.”

He did practice Sunday and his back is feeling much better. Popovich says Duncan will play Monday "unless something else pops up."

Manu is not looking as good. He sat out practice, rehabbing a bad groin. He’s shown some improvement, but Pop says he "very doubtful" for Monday.

So are the guys really hurt or is Pop giving them some extra rest? Pop got that question after practice and his answer was pretty clear.

“Let me straighten something out,” Pop said to reporters after practice Sunday. “We’re not sitting people to give them rest. Okay? I’ve actually had one person ask me if I’m enjoying this. As if I have some sinister plan to sit guys and lose games, and have that help us in some sort of roundabout way. Guys that are not playing are not healthy enough to play -– just so that we all understand that.”

SLOVENIAN 8
03-13-2005, 05:35 PM
:wow :wow Now everyone have problems! Not good ...

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Looks like Beno and Barry will be the starting backcourt Monday.

Frenchise player
03-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Well I hope that even if we don't have any of our three best players, we will win against the Hornets at home.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-13-2005, 06:34 PM
If we're gonna treat tomorrow as a scrimmage, start Nazr next to Tim.

DuncanMVP
03-13-2005, 07:05 PM
fukk home court, just start the bench for the rest of the season

1Parker1
03-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow this sucks, especially considering our bench isn't playing so great. Then again, its the Hornets thankfully.
I wonder, do you think we would have been able to beat the Suns and the Nuggets if Duncan were playing and Tony and Manu sat out the game? I think we would probably have been able to win the Nuggets game...

Dre_7
03-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Its sucks, because injuries are the only thing I think can stop the Spurs this year. And our 3 top guys are hurt!

ZStomp
03-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Its sucks, because injuries are the only thing I think can stop the Spurs this year. And our 3 top guys are hurt!

It's ok.

Better now than in the middle of a playoff series.

They will be ok.

ZStomp
03-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Luckily Tim Duncan, TPark, Duff, The Lady In TPark's Signature and The Guy In Duff's Signature can beat the Hornets.

Can I go in for Tpark...I think I'm a little quicker. :lol

Ginofan
03-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Devin Brown will be our hero!

Guru of Nothing
03-13-2005, 10:13 PM
This is why I never dropped Beno in the the 20-team deep FSP2 fantasy league.

I just benched Vroman for Beno.

GO BENO GO!!!

Solid D
03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
“Let me straighten something out,” Pop said to reporters after practice Sunday. “We’re not sitting people to give them rest. Okay? I’ve actually had one person ask me if I’m enjoying this. As if I have some sinister plan to sit guys and lose games, and have that help us in some sort of roundabout way. Guys that are not playing are not healthy enough to play -– just so that we all understand that.”

Since the Drs. have cleared Linton Johnson III to play...using the Pop rule of healthy enough to play....Free Linton! See what he can do (unless he stinks).

TDfan2007
03-13-2005, 11:53 PM
No Tony + No Manu = 40 points for Tim :smokin

Rummpd
03-14-2005, 09:31 AM
No Tony might be a good thing. Get Beno back in the groove.

NO has a guy playing pretty good at point but it is no Baron Davis (can't remmber name).

No worries.

desflood
03-14-2005, 09:35 AM
:lmao This thread makes me laugh. All these men need to talk to all the women in the world who have had a baby and gone back to taking care of their families the next day. Bunch of wimps!

Solid D
03-14-2005, 09:49 AM
No Tony might be a good thing. Get Beno back in the groove.

NO has a guy playing pretty good at point but it is no Baron Davis (can't remmber name).

No worries.
Dan Dickau

TwoHandJam
03-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Tony not playing = Barry running the point for heavy minutes with Beno. This could be a good thing for both of them.

T Park
03-14-2005, 10:16 AM
CIA at work again.

Solid D
03-14-2005, 10:42 AM
The Spurs can beat the Hornets with size, but they'll need to put clamps on Smith and Lee Press-on Nailon. The two best defensive matchups for those guys are Devin and Bruce but Nailon is bigger than Devin and Bruce.

I expect Wilks to get minutes versus Claxton. The last time Beno played v. Claxton, Speedy took it right at him and got fouled. Brent can't hang with Speedy, plain and simple.