PDA

View Full Version : Our Rotation

jason1301
03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
With Manu coming back and the addition of Gooden we have a very strong second unit.

Our Second unit.

Mason
Manu
Bowen
Gooden
Oberto

I know Mason is a starter but he plays back up pg recently and he is done well at that spot.

Ending the Game;

TP
Manu
Finley/Mason/Bowen/Hill depending on who is playing well
TD
Oberto/KT/Gooden

I think our starting five are pretty much fixed, and I like the idea of having Manu and Gooden in our second unit. I also like the fact that Hill starts in the fourth quarter, he brings a lot of energy and sometimes finishes the game, but I just don't see him on the court over Manu.

What do you guys think?

xtremesteven33
03-20-2009, 05:35 PM
IMHO.....

the deepest bench in the league :tu

AussieFanKurt
03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
The most heart in the league

raspsa
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Better than last year definitely.

Agloco
03-20-2009, 06:19 PM
IMHO.....

the deepest bench in the league :tu

All of a sudden, it would seem so.

Deepest, yes. Best, no

That belongs to our friends out west......

Rogue
03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
I think Manu and Bowen will re-join starting line-ups in the postseason, at least bowen will come back to the lineups.

Bowen derserves to be a member of the first unit of spurs.

jason1301
03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I am very excited about our support group this year, of course health is the big question mark right now, with TD and Manu not being 100%. We can't win w/o those two playing at a high level.

But other than that, and assuming TD and Manu are close to 100%, we are pretty tough to beat!

I was wondering how our rotation will look like. Manu hasn't spent that much time on court with Mason, and Hill and Gooden is with us less than a month. Its hard to imagine what our Chemistry will be.

It seems to me that Manu and Gooden will come of the bench, Mason will play back up pg, Hill will start the 4th quarter and play the guard.

I would like to see Oberto play the center position when Manu is in the Game, and use some plays from the Argentinian National team's system that have worked so well in the past.

Any other ideas? Am I missing anything?

Flux451
03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
With Manu coming back and the addition of Gooden we have a very strong second unit.

Our Second unit.

Mason
Manu
Bowen
Gooden
Oberto

Man that second unit would be nasty.
That unit could decent against starters of most teams.

Can't wait for manu and more Gooden minutes.

Playoffs here we come!!

jason1301
03-20-2009, 06:34 PM
I think Manu and Bowen will re-join starting line-ups in the postseason, at least bowen will come back to the lineups.

Bowen derserves to be a member of the first unit of spurs.

I would love to see bowen play more minutes, and he could very well. But he needs to start making those threes, otherwise the Lakers will leave him open, like they did with JV last year, rebound and score an easy basket.