PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic loss

Amuseddaysleeper
03-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Using Ginobili as an excuse has grown tiresome.

This team needs a lot more than just health to get anywhere.

Inexcusable to choke that many FT's away at home.

benefactor
03-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Whatever, Lakers fan.

mexicanjunior
03-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Using Ginobili as an excuse has grown tiresome.

This team needs a lot more than just health to get anymore.

Inexcusable to choke that many FT's away at home.

Agreed...I wish there was still time to tank.

benefactor
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
lol...just find a new team. Both of you.

xtremesteven33
03-20-2009, 09:58 PM
you weak ass Spurs fans suck

silverspur50
03-20-2009, 10:00 PM
these damn players get MILLIONS and they cant make their freethrows!!! GRRRRRR

AussieFanKurt
03-20-2009, 10:06 PM
it happens yeahhh
cmon spurs.
but yeah they do make millions

mookie2001
03-20-2009, 10:33 PM
ginobili has become tiresome

2 weeks turns into 2 months

what a puss
if he were american, he would get so much shit, people would ridicule him like no other, but because hes a fairyass argentine he gets a pass over and over and over again

makes me sick

rascal
03-20-2009, 10:38 PM

what a puss
if he were american, he would get so much shit, people would ridicule him like no other, but because hes a fairyass argentine he gets a pass over and over and over again

makes me sick

Don't understand why you think being Argentine has anything to do with getting a free pass.

mookie2001
03-20-2009, 10:46 PM
if he were american he would be a fucking joke, a punchline of fragility and inconsistancy

his "european flair, helterskelter style" and shit, playing for his country while fucking his ankle, skin color, all thats in his favor

sad but true
not a lot of media types like to pile on the foreigner

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-20-2009, 10:56 PM
While I agree the Spurs failing to seal the deal is lame, Spurs fans should give credit to Boston. They played a gritty second half, and looked more determined to stay in the game, and it eventually cost us (with that Big Baby shot. :lol)

Rondo ran the offense really well to keep Boston within striking distance.

slayermin
03-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Spurs didn't want it tonight. Boston didn't want it either but they wanted it more than us.

SequSpur
03-20-2009, 11:17 PM

what a puss

makes me sick

I agree and I so fucking tired of Jay Howard talking about him...

yeah, a reckless player is great for the Spurs.

If it wasn't for him, the Spurs would have 5 rings.

Ice009
03-20-2009, 11:18 PM
if he were american he would be a fucking joke, a punchline of fragility and inconsistancy

his "european flair, helterskelter style" and shit, playing for his country while fucking his ankle, skin color, all thats in his favor

sad but true
not a lot of media types like to pile on the foreigner

Why don't you get on Shaq and Garnett and Kobe and those fucking pussies for always skipping the Olympics. I would have liked to have seen how they would have dealt with a long NBA season after playing that many games.

Guys like Garnett were too scared to go to Athens.

Solid D
03-20-2009, 11:19 PM

what a puss
if he were american, he would get so much s***, people would ridicule him like no other, but because hes a fairyass argentine he gets a pass over and over and over again

makes me sick

You just wouldn't be mookie if you didn't post before thinking.

Ginobili would have played several games ago if it was up to him. Pop is holding him out. I don't even think that one is debateable.

Solid D
03-20-2009, 11:25 PM
No sense in glossing this one over. Whether it was a choke, a lack of focus, or mental weakness, the Celts received a late St. Patrick's day present with a gold bow from the Spurs.

Josh810
03-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Wow, retarded post overload.

SequSpur
03-20-2009, 11:28 PM
No sense in glossing this one over. Whether it was a choke, a lack of focus, or mental weakness, the Celts received a late St. Patrick's day present with a gold bow from the Spurs.

no dude, the spurs just suck. they aren't very good. tim, tony, all of them... Pop has his head up his ass also.

they didn't deserve to win

NewJerSpur
03-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Although I get just as peeved as anyone regarding missed free throws, that last blocking foul by Pierce on Parker could have easily been called a charge.

That said, the Celtics played their butts off this game and the Spurs did not match their effort.

However, the Ginobili factor cannot be discounted. SA beat Boston IN Boston with both a healthy Gino and KG. No excuses, just facts.

TheDarkSide.
03-20-2009, 11:35 PM

Solid D
03-20-2009, 11:36 PM
No, not really. You sound like an angry teenager. "spurs just suck" isn't accurate when the Spurs played great defense all night, except for Matt Bonner. No wonder Kobe scored 81. Matt was in the play on about 60 of those points.

No, this game was played well defensively by the Spurs but their mistakes and missed shots, particularly in winning time, were just a gift to Boston.

SequSpur
03-20-2009, 11:39 PM
No, not really. You sound like an angry teenager. "spurs just suck" isn't accurate when the Spurs played great defense all night, except for Matt Bonner. No wonder Kobe scored 81. Matt was in the play on about 60 of those points.

No, this game was played well defensively by the Spurs but their mistakes and missed shots, particularly in winning time, were just a gift to Boston.

hey, watch the game... seriously... the spurs haven't played well in a while.. I am not just talking about tonight... this team sucks. period. They can't shoot, they can't play offense, they don't help each other...parker gets the ball... everyone goes to their favorite spot and he has to do everything.. tim duncan is a joke. Pop has no sense of urgency... he held duncan out until 5 minutes left in the game... yeah, that worked.. Big Baby schooled his ass. Pathetic.

Spurs suck. Wake up.

SpursDynasty
03-20-2009, 11:45 PM
This loss was not a big deal...we just missed our free throws. We're still 2nd in the West...what's the big deal? Because I don't see it. As usual people whining over a regular season game, not much has changed in the last couple of years.

SequSpur
03-20-2009, 11:48 PM
This loss was not a big deal...we just missed our free throws. We're still 2nd in the West...what's the big deal? Because I don't see it. As usual people whining over a regular season game, not much has changed in the last couple of years.

type www.yahoo.com

click on sports.

click on nba

click on standings

count how many games there are between the 2nd seed and the 7th seed and ask yourself what's a big deal.

Then, try and figure out how many 6, 7, 8th seeds have won shit?

It's a big deal.

Solid D
03-20-2009, 11:51 PM
hey, watch the game... seriously... the spurs haven't played well in a while.. I am not just talking about tonight... this team sucks. period. They can't shoot, they can't play offense, they don't help each other...parker gets the ball... everyone goes to their favorite spot and he has to do everything.. tim duncan is a joke. Pop has no sense of urgency... he held duncan out until 5 minutes left in the game... yeah, that worked.. Big Baby schooled his ass. Pathetic.

Spurs suck. Wake up.

I'd say setting 400-500 screens a game, a lot of them for Parker...plus playing Spurs' defense is helping each other. This game and the Thunder game were just mental melt-downs. Sure, they aren't shooting 3s well lately but defense and limited turnovers win games, particularly down the stretch. The Spurs even got some cooperation from the officials in the last 3 minutes...but they just looked opportunity in the face and gave it away.

Bruce Bowen...my hat goes off to you. You deserved better tonight.

SequSpur
03-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I'd say setting 400-500 screens a game, a lot of them for Parker...plus playing Spurs' defense is helping each other. This game and the Thunder game were just mental melt-downs. Sure, they aren't shooting 3s well lately but defense and limited turnovers win games, particularly down the stretch. The Spurs even got some cooperation from the officials in the last 3 minutes...but they just looked opportunity in the face and gave it away.

You're wrong, you're looking for a ray of sunshine and there isn't any.. yeah, the spurs did what you said, but it was a HOME game... that shit may work on the road, but in your bldg, your fans, you come out and kick ass...

this team is playing like a limpdick trying to get a nut...it ain't gonna work..

Brazil
03-20-2009, 11:55 PM

+1

The night is not so bad after all.
We know Manu will come back soon, Gooden is bringing what we are expecting so far, Bruce showed tonite that he can be again a last time the 4th element of the big 3, Hill demonstrated again all his talent and TP is definately better than last year.

Duncan2177
03-20-2009, 11:58 PM
I agree, no shot at being healthy for the playoffs, Pops has too many old player who are breaking down, spurs need to just rest manu and TD the rest of the year, get a lottery pick and add some youth to the lineup.

If we cant win next year this team has seen its last title in its current form. Tim is not gonna get better, he has no lift, no shot and cant beat his man on the blocks.

Bonner is worthless, and Pops refused to give Hill and Gooden more mins. Stick a fork in us we are done.

Didn't we go thru the players are to old routine last year to? :rolleyes

raspsa
03-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Spurs didn't want it tonight. Boston didn't want it either but they wanted it more than us.

That pretty much sums it up.

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Spurs DID want it tonight, the defense was a clear indication..we were playing a great defensive team with an injured Duncan and without our offensive spark..tough to score..

this is one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen, but I wouldn't expect any different from Amuseddaysleeper..I also don't expect any different from guys like mexicanjunior and Texas2Step..these guys are all idiots that use no logic or knowledge in their posts..

I find it laughable that somebody would give up on our season due to a loss where we missed 6 FTs in clutch time..something you'll NEVER see in an NBA game again..not to mention it was against the defending champs..

apparently these people forgot that we beat a healthy Celtics team on the road not too long ago..

VI_Massive
03-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Spurs DID want it tonight, the defense was a clear indication..we were playing a great defensive team with an injured Duncan and without our offensive spark..tough to score..

this is one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen, but I wouldn't expect any different from Amuseddaysleeper..I also don't expect any different from guys like mexicanjunior and Texas2Step..these guys are all idiots that use no logic or knowledge in their posts..

I find it laughable that somebody would give up on our season due to a loss where we missed 6 FTs in clutch time..something you'll NEVER see in an NBA game again..not to mention it was against the defending champs..

apparently these people forgot that we beat a healthy Celtics team on the road not too long ago..

I couldn't agree more.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2009, 01:02 AM

Yes, calling this loss "pathetic' was stupid. Missing 6 ft's is not pathetic. OK

We did beat a healthy Celtics, I never discounted that, the thing is this loss stings and people vent.

Deal with it.

Russ
03-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Simple solution -- retire those hideous "Los Spurs" jerseys.

How do you take the classiest top in the league and turn it in to that with one small addition? :rolleyes

And what is the team's record in those rags? The defenders of the Alamo had a higher winning percentage. :wow

NewJerSpur
03-21-2009, 01:46 AM
I think the Lakers and Suns fans have alot more knowledge than you seem to. Every time we lose a game, you and a few others come up with some sort of excuse.....Oh we shot poor from 3, oh Tim was hurt tonight....oh fin and Mase played bad D.......Oh the refs......Oh now 6 miss fts in the fourth quarter, makes no diff why we lost they are adding up and Tim is breaking down, put the pot down and take the spurs bed sheets off and open you eyes.

MAN....you forgot to put the word "man" at the end of that last sentence. It makes for a more dramatic effect.

NOW YOU GUYS BREAK IT UP OR ELSE!!!

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2009, 02:01 AM
yes..we are old, Duncan sucks and gets outplayed by everybody, we don't have another big man next to him..yet we're #2 in the West and a consensus top 4 contender by the majority of people, despite major injuries to our 3 best players, and constant changes to the roster..

how did that happen?..just curious..

TDfan2007
03-21-2009, 02:25 AM
yes..we are old, Duncan sucks and gets outplayed by everybody, we don't have another big man next to him..yet we're #2 in the West and a consensus top 4 contender by the majority of people, despite major injuries to our 3 best players, and constant changes to the roster..

Those facts actually make this loss even more pathetic. The fact is that the Celtics laid a big fat turd out there in the first half and instead of getting up double digits, we play sloppy and lose a double digit lead...TWICE! We lost the game in the first half, not the 2nd.

Btw watching Tim get bullied around by Perkins and give nothing back was just depressing. Tim used to annihilate guys who pissed him off. Now...nothing.

SenorSpur
03-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Whatever the excuse, missing 6 straight FTs, down the stretch, is inexcusable for a championship-caliber ballgame. Both teams were injury-plagued. Effort was there. The team worked hard to put themseleves in a position to win a game against the defending champions, and they fart away the opportunity in the final minutes. It's totally unexplainable.

This loss and the OKC road loss are very troublesome.

DeadlyDynasty
03-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Like others have said in this thread, the Spurs are simply too long in the tooth to win a title anymore. People use injuries as an excuse, but THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE OLD and your body's had the wear and tear of all those playoff runs. It's time for them to rebuild...

LEONARD
03-21-2009, 09:01 AM

You're dumb

Spurs Brazil
03-21-2009, 09:13 AM

Do you think Bonner will start in the playoffs?

When he doesn't hit his shot he's useless and that what' happening now.

I'd like to see TD and Gooden starting with Thomas as the 1st big off the bench and Bonner and Oberto playing depending on match ups

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Whatever the excuse, missing 6 straight FTs, down the stretch, is inexcusable for a championship-caliber ballgame. Both teams were injury-plagued. Effort was there. The team worked hard to put themseleves in a position to win a game against the defending champions, and they fart away the opportunity in the final minutes. It's totally unexplainable.

This loss and the OKC road loss are very troublesome.

SenorSpur, you were always one of my favorites on here :tu

cherylsteele
03-21-2009, 12:25 PM

I'd like to see TD and Gooden starting with Thomas as the 1st big off the bench and Bonner and Oberto playing depending on match ups
Bonner was 50% from the field, 3-6 overall
He did have 7 rebounds, 6 defensive, and a blocked shot, same a gooden with fewer fouls, not really useless.

It is Finley that is the one that needs less time on floor.

Spursfan092120
03-21-2009, 02:19 PM
:tu Makes me sick. Seriously...when you lose by 3 points, how can you say that a 20 point a game scorer doesn't matter? That's ignorant. And yes, they had no focus at the end of that game, but Manu gives us that focus..and that fire. EVERY player on the court plays better with Manu in the game..it's one of the things he brings to the Spurs. It's been so long since we've seen him, I think some of you people have forgotten that.

Spursfan092120
03-21-2009, 02:22 PM

:tu Coaching, baby..coaching. Pop knows what players fit into the system, and he integrates them perfectly. Mason, Hill, Tony, Manu. People looked at these signings and wondered what we were doing. Hmm...maybe he's just intelligent.

sananspursfan21
03-21-2009, 02:27 PM
no really, it's time to stop blaming manu. the rockets are creeping up on the spurs and they're missing t-mac, yao (off and on) and shane battier's had some trouble and look at them!!! bout to take the 2 seed. i still believe in SA but really, they gotta put something together

sananspursfan21
03-21-2009, 02:28 PM
you're dumb

no you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poop
03-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Simple solution -- retire those hideous "Los Spurs" jerseys.

How do you take the classiest top in the league and turn it in to that with one small addition? :rolleyes

And what is the team's record in those rags? The defenders of the Alamo had a higher winning percentage. :wow

hahahahahaha. i agree, that 'los spurs' thing is fucking retarded as hell

Solid D
03-21-2009, 03:55 PM

Yes, because the Spurs seem to be getting off to good starts with him in there. The Spurs had double-digit leads in the first quarters in OKC and at home against Boston.

The problem with Matt comes later in the 2nd half when he isn't hitting, nor getting his shot and he cannot counter-balance his soft defense. His defense on KG was very weak and uncontesting. His slowness to cross-match in transition led to a very easy 3-pointer by Allen after a Mason miss.

Pop is still experimenting. With the injuries and the Gooden addition, Pop's had to take a look to see what he has...even as late as it is in the season. The starters are fine. We all just want to see 9 guys who can play tough defense and execute offensively in the 3rd and 4th quarters. SPAM.:spam:

SenorSpur
03-21-2009, 05:59 PM
SenorSpur, you were always one of my favorites on here :tu

The sentiment is mutual, my friend.

It's not disloyal for any fan to express concern about the state this team finds itself in right now. There are a myriad of potential issues that are apparent and it's best not to ignore any of them. Among them are notorious scoring droughts, questionable health of a couple of key players, and their heavy reliance on 3-pt shooting.

The 3-pt shot is a great weapon to have, but total dependency on it, especially now with Duncan laboring, is a big concern. Opposing teams have caught on and are forcing the Spurs shooters off the arc and into driving the ball to the basket. On Friday night, we saw what happens when those shots don't fall. The normal bailout is to get to the line, and even that didn't work in the waning moments of the game.

It's fair to hope that the team will be inspired once Manu returns, but it's also fair to wonder whether they have taken a dramatic fall off the "age" cliff. The idea is to play your best basketball and "streak" into the playoffs. The Spurs are not there yet. There's not much time left. Let's hope they can get it together.

Ice009
03-21-2009, 07:10 PM

I could go with that SpursBrazil. Sometimes you could even start Thomas and bring Gooden off the bench depending on the match up.

Bonner really is getting useless out there.

Here is 3 people I think need their minutes limited a little bit if they are not producing - Matt Bonner, Roger Mason Jr, Michael Finley.

Almost everyone else can do something else when they are not scoring. George Hill can play defense and rebound, Bruce can play defense, Fab can play defense and rebound, but those other three guys that I mentioned can become a liability out there if they are not scoring, so I really think they need their minutes limited depending on how they are playing.

That is really all Pop has to do. If they are not producing, limit their minutes and I think we'll see an improvement.

Ice009
03-21-2009, 07:15 PM
He did have 7 rebounds, 6 defensive, and a blocked shot, same a gooden with fewer fouls, not really useless.

Matt Bonner is usually useless in the second half when the game is up for grabs. If Pop wants to keep starting him I guess that is OK IF we keep getting off to good starts, but like I mentioned Matt Bonner is someone you need to limit his minutes if he is not producing. You can always play him less in the second half if he's not bringing it.

Ice009
03-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes, because the Spurs seem to be getting off to good starts with him in there. The Spurs had double-digit leads in the first quarters in OKC and at home against Boston.

The problem with Matt comes later in the 2nd half when he isn't hitting, nor getting his shot and he cannot counter-balance his soft defense. His defense on KG was very weak and uncontesting. His slowness to cross-match in transition led to a very easy 3-pointer by Allen after a Mason miss.

Pop is still experimenting. With the injuries and the Gooden addition, Pop's had to take a look to see what he has...even as late as it is in the season. The starters are fine. We all just want to see 9 guys who can play tough defense and execute offensively in the 3rd and 4th quarters. SPAM.:spam:

Do you agree with what I said in my post above about limiting his minutes if he is not producing?

You can still start him if you want, but if he's not producing cut back his minutes and don't play him much in the second half.

crc21209
03-21-2009, 07:36 PM
The whole team is just in a funk from 3 and I'm sure theyll get out of it soon...especially when Manu comes back as well..even if TD is not 100%, other teams have to respect him and D up on him....as well as TP and Manu and even Mason...

smeagol
03-21-2009, 07:43 PM
some spurs fans are pathetic.

they know who they are . . .

mookie2001
03-21-2009, 07:45 PM
some spurs fans are real fans, not just because of one fragile chode

SequSpur
03-22-2009, 12:12 AM

GEEZUS KRISTE!!!!!!!

Look...comment on Bonner if you watched the game.. I am so tired of you stat newspaper readers... Bonner was fuckin invisible last night... I was there, I saw it with my own eyes... In the course of 30 minutes, yes, he is going to get some stats... Fuck.

Bonner is not the answer... Any coach that gives bonner 30 minutes against the celts, lakers, cavs, magic, hornets or rockets is a fucking idiot.

:pctoss

SequSpur
03-22-2009, 12:14 AM

They were down by 18 within the first 10 minutes of the Laker game with him in there...

Are you really that fucking stupid? Dude, I really have lost all fucking respect for any opinion you have ever had.. really... your game is shit now...

I might as well put you on ignore... Are you mowing Bonners yard or something?

NBA TEAMS DON'T WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH PLAYERS LIKE BONNER PLAYING MORE THAN 2 MINUTES UNLESS THEY ARE UP BY 20.

cherylsteele
03-22-2009, 12:23 AM
GEEZUS KRISTE!!!!!!!

Look...comment on Bonner if you watched the game.. I am so tired of you stat newspaper readers... Bonner was fuckin invisible last night... I was there, I saw it with my own eyes... In the course of 30 minutes, yes, he is going to get some stats... Fuck.

Bonner is not the answer... Any coach that gives bonner 30 minutes against the celts, lakers, cavs, magic, hornets or rockets is a fucking idiot.

:pctoss
I NEVER said he was the answer. Maybe he should not start but he is an important piece to this Spurs' team
I just say he is not totally useless, Finley played nearly identical minutes, and did even less, along with Mason.
Oh and yes I did watch the game.
Just because he is taller than you, from what I here, don't blame him.
I don't put much stock in what you say because you're not objective, you never seem to like anything the Spurs ever do, no matter what.

ATXSPUR
03-22-2009, 12:30 AM
The excuse making by some on here is getting tiring. The worst part is the attitude of a lot of fans on here is the same of a lot of our front office. I'm glad I enjoyed the Spurs title run while it lasted...because this franchise is going to become the Dallas Cowboys of the NBA very VERY soon.

Solid D
03-22-2009, 01:13 AM
They were down by 18 within the first 10 minutes of the Laker game with him in there...

Are you really that ******* stupid? Dude, I really have lost all fucking respect for any opinion you have ever had.. really... your game is **** now...

I might as well put you on ignore... Are you mowing Bonners yard or something?

NBA TEAMS DON'T WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH PLAYERS LIKE BONNER PLAYING MORE THAN 2 MINUTES UNLESS THEY ARE UP BY 20.

You are starting to sound like an immature troll, Sequ. You are better than this...I mean as a human being, you are better than this obviously, but as a personality...you are better than this.

First of all, I was fairly critical of Bonner's defense in this entire thread. Secondly, what I'm saying is truthful about the starting lineup being fine. It's the finishing lineup that needs work and that's what Pop and his staff are experimenting with.

Secondly, the past four games the Spurs had leads when Bonner went out against Boston (7), Minn (3), OKC (4) and were basically even (10-11) versus Houston but then Matt came back in, got 7 rebounds for the 1st half and the Spurs led by 4 when he went out after his 2nd stint.

All year, the Spurs have been fine most of the games early-on, particularly with their starters. You picked the Lakers game and said the Lakers were up by 18 when Bonner went out, when actually it was 14 points (23-9), but it wasn't really Bonner's fault per se. His man, Odom, scored 3 points and Gasol 2 while Fisher, Kobe and Ariza scored 18. All the starters did poorly to start that particular game. If you want to use one game, then what about the 1st Boston game when Bonner went for 16 points in the first half?

The starters aren't the problem with the Spurs. It's getting the right mix of guys to finish games, particularly with the injury situation.

Saying the Spurs suck just doesn't cut it considering the experimentation with non-injured players that is going on. I'm all for sitting Matt in the key stretches of games for defensive reasons, as I am with Finley also.

Get a better argument. Behind the facade, I know you really do have one.

SequSpur
03-22-2009, 01:55 AM
WTF is a troll? I am dead serious when it comes to Matt Bonner. Sorry dude, I just don't see it and I am wearing a Spurs shirt right now. It's called reality. Matt Bonner is not championship caliber talent.

Stop throwing stupid statistics that don't mean jack when it comes to being a contender. Matt Bonner doesn't help in any category.

Matt dropping 3s in Boston was a one trick pony game.. Period. Why didn't he get invited to the allstar festivities? Is that in your statbook?

The Spurs have sucked ass this entire month, they got smoked against Cleveland, LA and Boston... Lost to OKC.

Keep on sucking that Pop bone holmes... Just keep on....

Troll this.

SequSpur
03-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Matt Bonner guarded Kevin Garnett who could barely run and he scored at will on his ass. Spurs lead......gone...

Watch a game Solid D. Are you still a Spurs fan?

Solid D
03-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Matt Bonner guarded Kevin Garnett who could barely run and he scored at will on his ass. Spurs lead......gone...

Watch a game Solid D. Are you still a Spurs fan?

Now you are just parroting what I said about Bonner's defense on KG. I'm now convinced you are just arguing to argue. :lol

Capt Bringdown
03-22-2009, 08:36 AM
I believe 2007 was the turning point. We haven't improved since then and everyone's getting older.
To be honest, I couldn't believe we won it that year. Dallas had our number, and we're lucky they got knocked off.
Once the euphoria of another title died down, I felt there should be a sense of urgency about improving the team. Our deficiencies were obvious, but we made some dubious decisions and now we're paying the price for our complacency.

tlongII
03-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Sequ knows of what he speaks. He's just saying that Matt Bonner has no business being on the court with a championship caliber team. I agree 100%.

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Sequ knows of what he speaks. He's just saying that Matt Bonner has no business being on the court with a championship caliber team. I agree 100%.

I second (or third) that. "and now the starting lineup for your Western Conference Champion San Antonio Spurs...Starting at Center, out of Florida, MATT BONNER?????" LMAO, that's not even conceivable in a dream sequence. Have you seen how he's played against the Lakers and other good teams (that one boston game notwithstanding)?

SenorSpur
03-22-2009, 10:18 AM
I believe 2007 was the turning point. We haven't improved since then and everyone's getting older.
To be honest, I couldn't believe we won it that year. Dallas had our number, and we're lucky they got knocked off.
Once the euphoria of another title died down, I felt there should be a sense of urgency about improving the team. Our deficiencies were obvious, but we made some dubious decisions and now we're paying the price for our complacency.

Can't argue that. The Spurs certainly made valiant attempts to get younger this past offseason. The additions of Hill and Mason have helped some. However with Ian having been injured all season, Hairston being a late season call-up and having only gotten spot duty, and Splitter and Gist being across the pond, these have all hurt the presumed improved skill and depth of this roster. Unfortunately, the additions they did make simply not been sufficient enough to offset injury and the general erosion of of talent and skill that have been realized this season.

During last years playoffs, we saw how the Spurs struggled mightily with the youth and quickness of the Hornets. It took a collosal effort and their veteran experience to outlast them in a grueling 7-game series. We saw again how they struggled to match the length, athleticism and size of the Fakers, where the Spurs were routinely outquicked, outhustled and outrebounded, until they fell in 5 games. With several a rash of injuries and questions remaining unanswered about this current roster, it appears that the Spurs could very well struggle to, once again, match up with the Fakers for conference supremacy in this years playoffs.

I've longed feared that the Spurs would wait too long to begin integrating the next core of young depth. I agree the process probably should have started sooner than this past offseason. Especially when you consider it takes 1-2 seasons for players to fully integrate and get comfortable in the Spurs system. As I always say, the time to get fuel is not when your tank hits "E" and you're on the side of the road out of gas. We'll see if this how much gas this team has left for this years playoff run.

DAF86
03-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree and I so fucking tired of Jay Howard talking about him...

yeah, a reckless player is great for the Spurs.

If it wasn't for him, the Spurs would have 5 rings.

Sure, 'cause we would have beaten Detroit in 2005 without Manu :rolleyes

Without Manu we'd have two championships at most.

mookie2001
03-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Sure, 'cause we would have beaten Detroit in 2005 without Manu :rolleyes

Without Manu we'd have two championships at most.
so that means he isnt hurt and hasnt totally fucked us in 2006, 2008 and 2009

DAF86
03-22-2009, 12:09 PM

No, that means that without Ginobili the Spurs wouldn't have won the championship on 05 and most likely neither the one on 2007.

And in 2006 and 2008 is also very likely that we wouldn't have got where we did without him.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2009, 12:35 PM
some spurs fans are real fans, not just because of one fragile chode

Aren't you the one that rips on Ginobili at every opportunity given his current injury?

Purple & Gold
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I like Tim Duncan he's one of my favorite players. "The Big Fundamental" suits him well. It's sad that the spurs FO has paired players like Bonner and Oberto next to him. :nope

NFGIII
03-22-2009, 12:54 PM

2006 - yes he made a terible mistake against Dirk. We all believe that if he doesn't foul Dirk then we take the title that year, too. I don't see anyway the the Heat can stay with us that year. So if you want to say he "f**ked" the Spurs then that is a legitimate statement but a little harsh considering that his contributions were vital to getting the Spurs in position to win it all. Nobody's perfect and you can't win all the time. Yeah I'm disapointed that we didn't win in 2006 and I do blame Manu for not following Pop's instructions but it happens. Don't like it but I deal with it. Manu said the same the following year when he took responsibility for them not getting to the WCF if not the Finals that year. IIRC.

2008 - he gets injured and can't perform up to his standards in the POs. How can anyone state that as having "f**ked" the Spurs is beyond comprehension. Sports = injuries. Stuff happens.

2009 - looks like he may be breaking down due to his style of play. Could anyone on this board state that we would be better off if we never had him on the team? Or that we should have traded him a couple of years ago since many saw this coming and therefore the FO and Pop should have, too?

No, that means that without Ginobili the Spurs wouldn't have won the championship on 05 and most likely neither the one on 2007.

And in 2006 and 2008 is also very likely that we wouldn't have got where we did without him.

Agreed. Sometimes I think people on the board get a little out of perspective. But that's normal since we're all fans of the Spurs and passionate about them.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Now what's the excuse?

jag
03-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Now what's the excuse?

Your swollen vagina.

jaffies
03-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Your swollen vagina.

I knew it.

weebo
03-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Can't beat anyone these days!!!!!!!!!!!!

new_N_town
03-22-2009, 05:00 PM
at least duncan had a good game.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2009, 05:01 PM

True, he showed up big time today

Texas_Ranger

not really:wakeup

WalterBenitez
Now what's the excuse?

Finley, Mason, final play from TP, who cares, we suck

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Finley, Mason, final play from TP, who cares, we suck

:lol

This loss really sucks :bang:bang:bang

Budkin
03-22-2009, 05:11 PM
It's clear this team is simply not ready for the playoffs. We've completely lost our ability to execute in crunch time... even at home. Truly pathetic.

Indazone
03-22-2009, 05:14 PM
If the Spurs really want to get better here is what they need to do. Have a red phone to the Rockets and Daryl Morey. If that phone ever rings. DONT ANSWER IT UNDER ANY COSTS. Morey will screw you for 5 bucks and convince you to do it for a dollar and we'll end up with another great Spurs prospect. LOL

Budkin
03-22-2009, 05:16 PM
If the Spurs really want to get better here is what they need to do. Have a red phone to the Rockets and Daryl Morey. If that phone ever rings. DONT ANSWER IT UNDER ANY COSTS. Morey will screw you for 5 bucks and convince you to do it for a dollar and we'll end up with another great Spurs prospect. LOL

So painful and so true.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2009, 05:32 PM
not really..Scola doesn't really help us..he's undersized and soft..he didn't really do anything special tonight, Kurt Thomas was good enough..our lack of a big is due to lack of shot blocking next to Duncan, nothing else..Scola doesn't do anything special to help, although he's a good player..

these 2 losses definitely suck..obviously any loss sucks when the team SHOULD have won, but choked..

I'm not worried though..this system is completely centered around 3 guys..Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili..right now, we're missing one of these guys..not only does that rob us from Manu's scoring and playmaking, but it forces others like Roger Mason to play a role that they aren't accustomed to, and wouldn't have the same responsibilities if Manu was in the lineup..

our system is based on our big 3 making plays for the role players and allowing them to shoot open shots and play their roles..without Manu, we're forced to see Mason handle the ball more, which has been horrible for us..it has also hurt our offense a lot, especially with Duncan being hurt..

SenorSpur
03-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Now what's the excuse?

I guess we can write this one off due to Manu's injury too? :rolleyes

Capt Bringdown
03-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Scola doesn't do anything special to help, although he's a good player..

That's what the Spurs (and every team generally) needs are good players. Scola needn't be special to help/fit in with the Spurs.

Thomas has been decent recently, but offensively he's limited mainly to jumpers. He's not a banger inside who's going to draw attention and fouls from the opponent.

Bonner is not starter material obviously. Scola could start on many NBA teams.

Spurs passed on Scola and no we're stuck with Bonner, Thomas and Oberto? You could make an argument that Bonner and Oberto don't even belong in the league.

I believe the Spurs FO might have become drunk with success and got too cute. The Scola trade was an epic fail.

rascal
03-24-2009, 06:07 AM

Bonner just stinks. He should be on the bench. His shots are not even falling now so he is worthless.

mookie2001
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Aren't you the one that rips on Ginobili at every opportunity given his current injury?

someone has to

it could be 2012, manus missing 76 games and some of yall would still eat manus smegma on toast

mookie2001
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
fragility, some people have it, some dont.
its a negative quality

Solid D
03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Bonner just stinks. He should be on the bench. His shots are not even falling now so he is worthless.

I guess you must have posted this when Matt was missing. Oh well, that's basketball.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 08:37 AM
someone has to

it could be 2012, manus missing 76 games and some of yall would still eat manus smegma on toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao

so disgusting, but I legitimately spit out my cereal from laughing when i read this:lmao

MavTalker
04-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Agreed...I wish there was still time to tank.

Tankers, Pop firing squads, and weak band wagon fans, get exposed tonight!

France B-boy
04-15-2009, 10:29 PM
yes..we are old, Duncan sucks

pathetic posts for a pathetic topic!

Loquacist
04-15-2009, 10:32 PM

what a puss

makes me sick

A REAL American would play through a stress fracture and a broken leg, eh?

spursfaninla
04-15-2009, 10:36 PM
I keep forgetting why I decided not to come back home to Texas...there are redneck idiots in Caly too, but just less of them.

France B-boy
04-15-2009, 10:51 PM
a real american would play through a stress fracture and a broken leg, eh?

+1

FTL
04-16-2009, 06:59 AM
WTF is a troll? I am dead serious
Keep on sucking that Pop bone holmes... Just keep on....
Troll this.

:lmao