PDA

View Full Version : ..guns. lots of guns and bullets...

Nbadan
03-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Cosmic Cowboy posted this in another thread...

and guns. lots of guns and bullets.

...if your a gun owner, you probably already know that certain caliber of ammo and gun powder is in very, very short supply...seems that there has been a run on ammo which started when Katrina hit N'Oleans and the heavy-handed govt. decided to start confiscating weapons of local residents.... now that hit on ammo supply-and-demand is being compounded by rumors that the price of ammo may go through the roof if manufacturers have to start to I.D.ng ammo....add to that the sudden 'rise of socalism' (brought to you by reich-wing radio) :rolleyes and the election of the first black president and whalla!

...you got a severe shortage...

...Moral: Obama was right about 'people who cling to Guns and Religion' after all!

mookie2001
03-21-2009, 02:46 PM
good thing my arsenal is in good shape

DarkReign
03-21-2009, 03:22 PM
5.56 is the hardest ammo to find right now, so I assume youre referring to AR-15s.

As it were, I got lucky recently and put a sizeable deposit down a new upper receiver that should be in soon. Just need to get to the sheriff's office on Monday.

Cry Havoc
03-21-2009, 03:29 PM
5.56 is the hardest ammo to find right now, so I assume youre referring to AR-15s.

As it were, I got lucky recently and put a sizeable deposit down a new upper receiver that should be in soon. Just need to get to the sheriff's office on Monday.

Me likey the AR-15. Much better iron sights than an AK-47.

mookie2001
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
i have less than 1000 223 rounds

but if the government EVER offered me cash for my guns, or target giftcards i would turn them all in so quick, id be the first one in line with a ready and willing retina

or even just to make the streets safer, you know as the cops say, getting those weapons of the street could save (their) lifes

Illuminati
03-21-2009, 10:22 PM
From the looks of things hardly any 9/11 topics anymore is tin foil in short supply also?

03-21-2009, 10:50 PM
I think i'll keep my +500 rounds of .50 BMG right where they are.

/Not a nut, I just like taking the Barrett out and stretching her legs...

03-21-2009, 10:51 PM
From the looks of things hardly any 9/11 topics anymore is tin foil in short supply also?

Only for your Coke can pipes Mouse...

Bender
03-22-2009, 12:04 AM
lucky I reload my own ammo...

Bukefal
03-22-2009, 06:26 AM
The usa should ban guns, the wild west times are over. ban them like the rest of the world. no wonder you have such a big shooting and crime rate. but well, its all about money

Bender
03-22-2009, 08:42 AM
^ dumb viewpoint. Ban guns and thousands and thousands of criminals will still have them, so... WTF is the point...?!

Idiotic statements like that really piss me off.

Bukefal
03-22-2009, 09:25 AM
yeah criminals will, but kids, teenagers at high schools will not be able to buy guns and ammo in supermarkets. why do you think there are so much high school shootings in your country? cause they can get a gun very easily. they dont need any criminal connections for buying a gun, they can just walk into a store.

DarkReign
03-22-2009, 10:21 AM
yeah criminals will, but kids, teenagers at high schools will not be able to buy guns and ammo in supermarkets. why do you think there are so much high school shootings in your country? cause they can get a gun very easily. they dont need any criminal connections for buying a gun, they can just walk into a store.

How little you really know...

mookie2001
03-22-2009, 11:19 AM
yeah criminals will, but kids, teenagers at high schools will not be able to buy guns and ammo in supermarkets. why do you think there are so much high school shootings in your country? cause they can get a gun very easily. they dont need any criminal connections for buying a gun, they can just walk into a store.this is why i cant stand those fucking argies

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-22-2009, 11:20 AM
i have less than 1000 223 rounds

but if the government EVER offered me cash for my guns, or target giftcards i would turn them all in so quick, id be the first one in line with a ready and willing retina

or even just to make the streets safer, you know as the cops say, getting those weapons of the street could save (their) lifes

Dude, don't turn it in. I'd give you cash for your ammo, and maybe your weapons as well depending on what you have.

balli
03-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Dude, don't turn it in. I'd give you cash for your ammo, and maybe your weapons as well depending on what you have.

Why? Obama's just going to take em' from you anyways. Or so I've heard. :rolleyes

mookie2001
03-22-2009, 11:28 AM
ha i was kidding about turning them in

i always scoff when i see those gov sponsered gun buyback programs and the people are trading them for kroger giftcards

nothing can make police feel more dominant than that shit

baseline bum
03-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Banning guns? I wonder if it'll work as well as banning drugs has for us?

Wild Cobra
03-22-2009, 04:04 PM

Agreed. Since they think such things work, why not just ban violence?

xrayzebra
03-22-2009, 04:24 PM

Well sure it does. Notice no guns in crooks hands..........:lol:lol

Bukefal
03-22-2009, 05:47 PM
there was a nice michael moore movie about this. but you probably all hate that guy

Winehole23
03-22-2009, 06:00 PM
there was a nice michael moore movie about this. but you probably all hate that guyBowling for Columbine (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4803003242921117757)? Never seen it.

baseline bum
03-22-2009, 06:40 PM

Just got an AR and shot it for the first time yesterday, and I have to agree.

Bukefal
03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Bowling for Columbine (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4803003242921117757)? Never seen it.

yup

smeagol
03-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Drugs and guns :tu

smeagol
03-22-2009, 07:51 PM
this is why i cant stand those fucking argies

That's ok. We argies hate the stupid Americans such as yourself.

For the avoidance of misunderstandings, we only hate the stupid ones . . .

LockBeard
03-23-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm stacked.

word
03-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Cosmic Cowboy posted this in another thread...

...if your a gun owner, you probably already know that certain caliber of ammo and gun powder is in very, very short supply...seems that there has been a run on ammo which started when Katrina hit N'Oleans and the heavy-handed govt. decided to start confiscating weapons of local residents.... now that hit on ammo supply-and-demand is being compounded by rumors that the price of ammo may go through the roof if manufacturers have to start to I.D.ng ammo....add to that the sudden 'rise of socalism' (brought to you by reich-wing radio) :rolleyes and the election of the first black president and whalla!

...you got a severe shortage...

...Moral: Obama was right about 'people who cling to Guns and Religion' after all!

I think the latest run on ammo has to do with the government thinking of passing legislation that every shell casing has to be stamped with it's own unique serial number that is recorded to the buyer, which would make ammo extremely expensive. There was a run on cigars and tobacco after the cHIPS bill as well. Does that have to do with reich-wing radio as well ?

DarkReign
03-24-2009, 09:37 AM

I actually havent shot an AR15 in years (or an AK for that matter). But I kind of screwed up earlier, I put a deposit down on a lower receiver. I had a Freudian slip there...still looking for a proper upper.

Picked this up yesterday....not impressed at all.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/sw/smith_sigma_9mm.jpg

velik_m
03-24-2009, 10:19 AM
I think the latest run on ammo has to do with the government thinking of passing legislation that every shell casing has to be stamped with it's own unique serial number that is recorded to the buyer, which would make ammo extremely expensive. There was a run on cigars and tobacco after the cHIPS bill as well. Does that have to do with reich-wing radio as well ?

PdJGcrUk2eE

Cry Havoc
03-24-2009, 12:35 PM
I actually havent shot an AR15 in years (or an AK for that matter). But I kind of screwed up earlier, I put a deposit down on a lower receiver. I had a Freudian slip there...still looking for a proper upper.

Picked this up yesterday....not impressed at all.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/sw/smith_sigma_9mm.jpg

Sorry to hear that. I haven't bought a gun for a while.

I would love to buy a Steyr Aug. More for the looks than the shooting, though. Something about that gun is just incredibly cool. Plus I'm a lefty, so the switchover configuration is awesome. :king

LnGrrrR
03-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. I haven't bought a gun for a while.

I would love to buy a Steyr Aug. More for the looks than the shooting, though. Something about that gun is just incredibly cool. Plus I'm a lefty, so the switchover configuration is awesome. :king

I hate being a lefty having to fire the M16. It's not fun getting popped in the face with hot brass.

DarkReign
03-24-2009, 02:19 PM
I hate being a lefty having to fire the M16. It's not fun getting popped in the face with hot brass.

:lmao

I always wondered how the military dealt with that. Guess I should have asked here.

The way the receiver is positioned in the frame and the gas assist is situated, I dont *think* a M16 can be made into a left handed gun?

Am I right or wrong?

LnGrrrR
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
:lmao

I always wondered how the military dealt with that. Guess I should have asked here.

The way the receiver is positioned in the frame and the gas assist is situated, I dont *think* a M16 can be made into a left handed gun?

Am I right or wrong?

Nope, you just have the one configuration. Military lefties just suck it up. :)

Edit: Thankfully, at least we can reconfigure what side of our gas masks the filter is on...

Bender
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Stag Arms makes lefty AR-15s, so can M-16s be made for lefties?

DarkReign
03-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Stag Arms makes lefty AR-15s, so can M-16s be made for lefties?

I believe LnGr already said the military does not, so I I would *assume* you cannot.

The reason I *think* you cant is because the upper receiver is made from a specialized die set used for stamping out the component en masse. Moreover, the ejection port, bolt catch, bolt assembly and the entire trigger/safety assembly are designed to only fit "one-way", so to speak.

Basically, some AR15/M4/M16 manufacturer would have to design, prototype, field test and approve an entirely new and unproven set of specifications for left-handed die sets in complete reverse (or mirrored) of the current crop of proven models in production, use and service.

Its a HUGE engineering problem, let alone the monetary commitment needed from a private company to service a very small percentage of the armed services/civilian population.

But now that I have gone through my best guess (thats what this was, btw), I am going to Google "left handed M16/AR15" and see what happens.

...annnnnnd, nope. They dont exist (supposedly, at least not on a production scale anyway).

CosmicCowboy
03-25-2009, 10:32 AM

Huh?

If yours is ejecting the brass back there's something wrong with it. It should be ejecting at almost 90 degrees and flipping the brass about 6'. I've been shooting AR's and AK's left handed for years and never had a problem.

CosmicCowboy
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
example of correct ejection:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2141/2455509023_135ba13747.jpg

JudynTX
03-25-2009, 10:48 AM
I heard Texas is trying to pass a new law, Take Your Gun To Work Law.

:tu

DarkReign
03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Huh?

If yours is ejecting the brass back there's something wrong with it. It should be ejecting at almost 90 degrees and flipping the brass about 6'. I've been shooting AR's and AK's left handed for years and never had a problem.

Then why did the military specifically design a "Spent Brass Defelctor" attachment for lefty shooters?

Hell, it would seem the deflector is a pretty standard feature on nearly every M4/M16 in service.

Bender
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Stag Arms lefty ARs:

http://www.stagarms.com/index.php?cPath=13_21

must be hell to be left handed all your life. I think if I was born left handed, I would learn to be right handed, or ambidextrous at least.

CosmicCowboy
03-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Then why did the military specifically design a "Spent Brass Defelctor" attachment for lefty shooters?

Hell, it would seem the deflector is a pretty standard feature on nearly every M4/M16 in service.

All I know is I've shot thousands of rounds from multiple M16s shooting left handed with no problem. The only real issue for lefties that is worse than righties is spent powder blow back (into the eyes) shooting into the wind...That happens occasionally because your face is right behind the breech,,,Hell...I was playing with a 15 last weekend shooting pigs...

CosmicCowboy
03-25-2009, 01:27 PM
I heard Texas is trying to pass a new law, Take Your Gun To Work Law.

:tu

WTF?

you mean everyone doesn't have a pistol in their desk already?

LnGrrrR
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Huh?

No Cosmic, from the prone position. The guy next to me shoots brass in my direction, or it will land on the ground and then roll up onto me :)

Edit: The AF makes you take 100 shots total. The first 50 for practice, the second 50 for your score. There are ten targets, and you're supposed to use one bullet for each in five positions, which, IIRC, are:
Prone Unsupported
Prone Supported
Kneeling Supported
Standing Supported
Prone w/ Gas Mask

I think I got a 27 last time.

DarkReign
03-25-2009, 09:17 PM
must be hell to be left handed all your life. I think if I was born left handed, I would learn to be right handed, or ambidextrous at least.

Sarcasm detected.

Don Quixote
03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Arguments like this have convinced me that the end is near and I better stock up.

Don Quixote
03-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I fired a Mark-19 last weekend. Huge-calibre bullet, range up to a mile, with a 20m kill radius. For close-up action, I might just stick with a shotgun. And if they come to take it away, they'll have to pry it from my cold lifeless fingers.

I suck at the M16, but since I've only touched one twice, that's understandable. I need practice! And don't get me started on the M9.

JudynTX
03-26-2009, 12:47 PM
WTF?

you mean everyone doesn't have a pistol in their desk already?

:lol I don't.

03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I fired a Mark-19 last weekend. Huge-calibre bullet, range up to a mile, with a 20m kill radius. For close-up action, I might just stick with a shotgun. And if they come to take it away, they'll have to pry it from my cold lifeless fingers.

I suck at the M16, but since I've only touched one twice, that's understandable. I need practice! And don't get me started on the M9.

How'd you get the opportunity to fire one of those?

And FYI, effective range is more like 1500M with an effective kill radius of 5M.

Don Quixote
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Well ... I got the opportunity to fire off some rounds of the Mark-19 during my National Guard drill last weekend. Because I am a chaplain and am not a lawful combatant, I don't get a chance to do that much. And I'm just repeating what the Sgt told me, range about a mile (a little more than 1500m) and 20m kill radius. Not that I got to blow anything up, it was just practice rounds. What, you think they'd give chaplains real bullets?