PDA

View Full Version : The NBA MVP race is a joke this year considering Chris Paul's name is rarely said

fevertrees
03-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Kobe and D-Wade? Give me a fucking break. The only contenders for the MVP this year should be Lebron, Paul, and maybe Dwight Howard. Paul's shooting much better than Kobe, Wade, and Lebron. Plus he blows them out of the water in assists and steals. For a guy that is 6'0(only when he wears high heels) he is averaging just as many rebounds as the rest of them as well. I still don't understand how the NBA could give it to Nash two years in row while Paul average's are better than Nash and yet doesn't get a shot. Yeah he was second last year, but seriously no one was gonna beat that fucking rapist Kobe in his quest for his MVPity award. This has nothing to do with the Hornets performance/record because if that was the case why is Dwayne Wade even being talked about in it? :rolleyes

BRHornet45
03-21-2009, 05:39 PM
- take Chris Paul off the Hornets and they are a lottery team

- take Kobe Bryant off the Lakers and they are still a playoff team, but with less TV ratings and that's what wins awards

- take Lebron James off the Cavs and they are still a playoff team, but probably a first round knockout

fevertrees
03-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Take Dwayne Wade off the Heat and they are back in the D league:lmao

djohn2oo8
03-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Take Dwayne Wade off the Heat and they are back in the D league:lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao .....Paul should be at least in the mix for MVP, but it is so obvious that he flops, which prolly cost him the MVP last year

balli
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Fuck Chris Paul for MVP. Fuck any pg for MVP actually, but especially the ones who can't play a lick of defense outside of the passing lanes.

And the notion that Cleveland or LA don't fall off the face of the earth without Kobe or LeBron is ridiculous. Maybe they still make the playoffs, but the operative word is maybe and in each case it would be as a 7 or 8 seed... if that.

BRHornet45
03-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Fuck Chris Paul for MVP. Fuck any pg for MVP actually, but especially the ones who can't play a lick of defense outside of the passing lanes.

And the notion that Cleveland or LA don't fall off the face of the earth without Kobe or LeBron is ridiculous. Maybe they still make the playoffs, but the operative word is maybe and in each case it would be as a 7 or 8 seed... if that.

sons yet another stupid post by a mormon WhiteJazz fan

fevertrees
03-21-2009, 06:02 PM

You're a fucking idiot if you think that a healthy Lakers team are a D league team without Kobe.

gaKNOW!blee
03-21-2009, 06:10 PM

- take Kobe Bryant off the Lakers and they are still a playoff team, but with less TV ratings and that's what wins awards

- take Lebron James off the Cavs and they are still a playoff team, but probably a first round knockout

Thats BS man. They have no players than can create for themselves. Lebron sets EVERYONE up and a lot of players only get open shots because he gets doubled or everyone is looking at him.

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
no flopper is winnin this award

BlackSwordsMan
03-21-2009, 06:24 PM
take duncan out the team they are at least at lakers level

BlackSwordsMan
03-21-2009, 06:24 PM
pretty clear who the real MVP is

bdictjames
03-21-2009, 06:25 PM
no flopper is winnin this award

2005, 2006

BRHornet45
03-21-2009, 06:35 PM
2005, 2006

son you forgot about 2007 too

bdictjames
03-21-2009, 06:41 PM
I haven't seen Dirka Dirka take a charge

fevertrees
03-21-2009, 06:43 PM
It doesn't look good for the NBA to hand out back to back MVP awards to someone who was accused of rape, and then settled it out of court.

sook
03-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Wade R MVP

BRHornet45
03-21-2009, 06:51 PM
accused of rape, and then settled it out of court.

aka guilty

Ghazi
03-21-2009, 07:01 PM

1. True

2. HIGHLY debatable. Are the Lakers w/o Kobe really better than the Mavs or Suns? I would say NO. They may still be a 40-46 win team, but that's not good enough to make the playoffs in the West.
3. ABSOLUTELY not true. the Hornets roster 2-15 is BETTER than the Cavs roster, the only difference is Lebron is better than CP3 and elevates the DEFENSE, CP3 doesn't except for gambling in passing lanes and getting steals.

Cavs would be a 25-35 team w/o Lebron. His impact is just THAT great on both ends of the floor, and that's why he's gonna win the MVP.

Kobe™
03-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Lol @ CP3 in MVP discussion.

NO

LeBrons gonna win and that's all there is to it.

Sportstudi
03-21-2009, 07:29 PM

Sorry, but what are you talkin' about? Up to now I thought you are one of the writers around here who doesn't act like a moronic troll. Dirk deserved the award, period! Probably even more than in 2006 where had a better season by numbers, but the team record wasn't as good as in 2007. In 2007 he paced the team almost alone to a 67-15 record which is still tied for sixth position in NBA history and therefore he deserved the award. Moreover, he was the only player to shoot 50-40-90 over the whole season.

Edit: The award is for the REGULAR SEASON! Yes, we all know the Mavs didn't play well in the playoffs, that isn't a secret, but that simply does not count for the MVP!

Allanon
03-21-2009, 08:10 PM

Sorry Sons, the Lakers without Kobe wouldn't make the Playoffs in the West. In the East maybe.

CP3 isn't mentioned in the MVP race because the Hornets aren't as good as they were last year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-21-2009, 10:30 PM

No way son I don't like Lebrick but that team is garbage w/o him.

Pelicans78
03-21-2009, 11:18 PM
3. ABSOLUTELY not true. the Hornets roster 2-15 is BETTER than the Cavs roster, the only difference is Lebron is better than CP3 and elevates the DEFENSE, CP3 doesn't except for gambling in passing lanes and getting steals.

You really believe our 2-15 is better than theirs? Seriously? West is above average, but everyone else on the team is below average. That's a fact. Chandler is below average center. Posey, Butler, and Peja can't create their own shots. Our bench is horrendous. Wright has potential, but still young. Come on Ghazi, you know better than that.

Ghazi
03-21-2009, 11:25 PM
You really believe our 2-15 is better than theirs? Seriously? West is above average, but everyone else on the team is below average. That's a fact. Chandler is below average center. Posey, Butler, and Peja can't create their own shots. Our bench is horrendous. Wright has potential, but still young. Come on Ghazi, you know better than that.

You have an all star in West, a top 5 defensive center, a 6th man who has 2 rings and hits clutch shots, athleticism/youth w/ Wright/Armstrong, heart w/ Marks/Bowen. Also multiple 3-PT shooters Butler and Peja and Posey.

Quit making excuses for CP3. I could swear you and BR Hornet were telling me the Hornets were contenders earlier this year, now that it's clear they're NOT you act like the roster sucks and that we should pity CP3's flopping deferring ass because he's stuck on a shit roster that wont improve because of a shit cheap FO.

No, it's not a bad roster, CP3 just can't elevate the team.

Tell me what's so good about the Cavs roster?

Mo Williams is good, not great. Of all the contenders he's probably the least impressive 2nd best player on a team.

Their frontline is kinda old and limited offensively.

The rest is spot up shooters (West, Wally, Sasha)

LEBRON is the difference.

I bet if you swapped Dirk w/ Lebron the Mavs would be elite and the Cavs would be mediocre.

Same if you swapped Lebron with CP3, then the Hornets would be elite and the Cavs would be probably right where the Hornets are.

Pelicans78
03-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Lebron is 6'9. He's a freakish athlete. He should dominate.

Posey blows. Have you seen the PERs on our team? Seriously, everyone sucks except West. Butler and Chandler's are only 13. I think Wright will be above average when the season ends because of his natural abilities, but Peja, Posey and Butler are spot up shooters. Chandler's playing hurt all season with that damn ankle of his. He hurt it in the 1st gamer of the year at Golden State and he hasn't been the same. No one else is stepping up. We have to rely on Sean Marks, Ryan Bowen, etc. off the bench. Quit being a hater.

Ghazi
03-21-2009, 11:45 PM
hhmm maybe their PERs suck because CP3 can't elevate his team hhmm :)

Jannero mutha fuckin Pargo!

Pelicans78
03-21-2009, 11:52 PM
hhmm maybe their PERs suck because CP3 can't elevate his team hhmm :)

Jannero mutha fuckin Pargo!

At least you admit defeat.

I have nightmares of Pargo because of you. I hope you're happy.

fevertrees
03-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Paul gets Posey, West, PREDRAG, Butler, etc WIDE OPEN looks all season, and they most of the time just can't hit a shot. You could put Paul on any team in the league and in a few seasons they'd be playoff bound. Ghazi you are just bitter because your Mavericks love to get rid of PG talent and bring in washed up stars to "lead" the team.

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 01:03 AM
You are just bitter because the Hornets fucking suck.

No player who defers to Jannero fucking Pargo in the 4th Q of a crucial game 7 deserves to be mentioned for an MVP. ever.

j-money24
03-22-2009, 01:03 AM
fuck chris paul for mvp. Fuck any pg for mvp actually, but especially the ones who can't play a lick of defense outside of the passing lanes.

And the notion that cleveland or la don't fall off the face of the earth without kobe or lebron is ridiculous. Maybe they still make the playoffs, but the operative word is maybe and in each case it would be as a 7 or 8 seed... If that.

+1

mavs>spurs2
03-22-2009, 01:04 AM

No player who defers to Jannero fucking Pargo in the 4th Q of a crucial game 7 deserves to be mentioned for an MVP. ever.

To be fair, Dirk has deferred to JET in the 4th quarter all year.

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 01:05 AM
JET isn't a Euroleague chucker though.

j-money24
03-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Thats BS man. They have no players than can create for themselves. Lebron sets EVERYONE up and a lot of players only get open shots because he gets doubled or everyone is looking at him.

lakers dont have anybody else other than kobe that create shots for themselves and their team..
kobe does more what people think he does, hes the playmaker, he gets all those lobs and plays for pau gasol, without kobe bryant, and as gasol as their best player, they would be the memphis grizzlies which is a 25-30 wins in the season.

fevertrees
03-22-2009, 01:07 AM

You fail to mention the fact that Pargo had a very hot hand and actually brought Hornets back in that game. Since Paul is the superstar he should ballhog and throw up terrible shots though. :bang

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Yeah man missin 4-5 shots in the last 2 minutes he was SIZZLIN.

monosylab1k
03-22-2009, 01:12 AM
You really believe our 2-15 is better than theirs? Seriously?

You gotta be freakin retarded if you think they aren't.

Switch LeBron and CP3 and the Hornets are going to the Finals, the Cavs are fighting for the 8 seed. Unless you think Chris Paul is gonna have any luck setting up Sasha Pavlovic for nonstop bricks, or lobbing alley-oops for Varejao to fumble.

BRHornet45
03-22-2009, 01:34 AM
LOL at Ghazi as usual sons!!! .... Ghazi you sissy little cuckold bitch you! its saturday night! do you know where your wife is????? I'm sure she's out with one of her big black men! .... are you still having dreams about Tyson Chandler dick whipping her???

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Yeah yeah keep making excuses for CP3 even though he's got one of the best shooters in teh game in Peja, an ALL STAR power forward David WEst, one of the best defensive anchors in the GAME in Tyson, athletic young players like Wright/Armstrong, clutch veterans like Marks/Posey, and the DIRK stopper Ryan Bowen. AND even THEN another 40% 3-PT shooter in Rasual Butler.

My God that team would win 70 games if you swap Paul w/ James.

Yeah man, it's ALL the FO's fault for constructing a mediocre roster, it's not CP3' fault for being a midget PG with no defensive presence who defers to Jannero fucking Pargo in the 4th quarter. yeah man, he deserves no blame whatsoever.

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 01:41 AM
Hell we don't even stop there, they got coach of teh YEAR Byron Scott who coached the Nets to the Finals twice and Melvin Ely and Devin Brown, who played for the Spurs, who have four rings, and thus they're championship players.

Yeah... a player on a 25 loss team with a stacked roster really deserve to be mentioned in the MVP discussion. get the fuck out.

BRHornet45
03-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Peja one of the best shooters? .... have you looked at his numbers this year moron? he is barely shooting 40% FG and 38% from 3PT .... not to mention he stays hurt and is damn near worthless.

Ghazi please go play in traffic. fuck you and your family son

fevertrees
03-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Do you even watch Hornets games(besides when they are beating down the Mavericks)? You act like it's Paul's fault for people missing wide open looks, West turning the ball over, tyson constantly being injured, etc

BRHornet45
03-22-2009, 01:44 AM
how bout them mavs ghazi??? yall gonna make the playoffs this year?

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Do you even watch Hornets games(besides when they are beating down the Mavericks)? You act like it's Paul's fault for people missing wide open looks, West turning the ball over, tyson constantly being injured, etc

Yeah I do, I got the league pass. I see a talented team that can't get over the hump because CP3 is a flopping pussy who has no defensive presence whatsoever.

Hornets are the 10th best defense in the league as far as efficiency because CP3 can't elevate a defense and does nothing but gamble for bullshit steals (and foul in doing so but gets away with it because of the D-Whistle treatment). Lebron on the other hand records steals, blocks, has improved his man defense, and is notorious for chasedowns. Also he can guard multiple positions whereas CP3 can't. That's why the Cavs are Top 3 in efficiency and that's why they're 55-13.

Lebron is a FORCE on the defensive end due to his size and athleticism, CP3's midget ass is a force only as far as recording bullshit steals.

That's the difference between great and good players. Good players can put up bullshit stats, great players can elevate their team.

Conclusions: don't build your team around a 6'0 midget PG who flops, whines, and doesn't play defense.

MVP my ass.

BRHornet45
03-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah I do, I got the league pass. I see a talented team that can't get over the hump because CP3 is a flopping pussy who has no defensive presence whatsoever.

Hornets are the 10th best defense in the league as far as efficiency because CP3 can't elevate a defense and does nothing but gamble for bullshit steals (and foul in doing so but gets away with it because of the D-Whistle treatment). Lebron on the other hand records steals, blocks, has improved his man defense, and is notorious for chasedowns. Also he can guard multiple positions whereas CP3 can't. That's why the Cavs are Top 3 in efficiency and that's why they're 55-13.

Lebron is a FORCE on the defensive end due to his size and athleticism, CP3's midget ass is a force only as far as recording bullshit steals.

That's the difference between great and good players. Good players can put up bullshit stats, great players can elevate their team.

Conclusions: don't build your team around a 6'0 midget PG who flops, whines, and doesn't play defense.

MVP my ass.

Ghazi son I really hope you are just being stupid because if you are being serious then you truly are a fucking moron. you have NO clue what you are talking about.

The truth is that you are simply just a bitter piece of shit Mavericks fan. you can't accept the FACT that the Mavericks run is over and they are now simply just a team that will have to fight every year to barely make the playoffs. The Hornets absolutely OWN the Mavericks now and you know it. We are not alone, at least 5 other teams in the West completely own the Mavericks as well.

The ONLY reason that your bullshit ass Mavericks are even somewhat relevant is because of your owner. Dirk has always been a flopping piece of shit who relies on the refs putting him at the free throw line to rack up points. The mavericks had a decent 5 year run, but the funny thing is that they NEVER could finish the job and NEVER will. true fucking choke artist who blow a 2 game lead in the finals and got owned by the Heat .... I can't wait for my Hornets to play the Mavs again .... its similar to whenever the Harlem Globetrotters play the scrubs ... everyone takes their turn owning you guys now.

so go ahead son. if it makes you feel better, keep crying about the Hornets and Paul ... its fucking hilarious watching your pussy ass bitch and moan. it must really fucking suck to be a Mavericks fan ..... now go back to dreaming about Tyson Chandler dick whipping your wife and mother .... or go back to crying your eyes out while watching the 06 finals you fucking bitch you.

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 02:01 AM
1. Mavs lost to the Cheat because of fluke shots and biased officiating, it wasn't a choke.

2. Hornets on the other hand choked away a 2-0 lead to the Spurs because CP3 decided Jannero Pargo, a Euroleague scrub chucker bench player, can win a Game 7 in the 4th quarter.

3. Owning the Mavericks is not a big deal today.

4. Maybe our run is over (One ring faggot), but at least we had one, the Hornets don't have a future but never had a past either. lolz! Gonna be funny this summer when the FO trades Tyson Chandler for a 2nd round draft pick and gonna be even funnier when CP3 bolts after 3-4 shitty mediocre years while Posey West and Peja are aging like motherfuckers.

Gonna be EVEN fucking funnier the day KC or Seattle absorb the Hornets.

KidCongo
03-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Kobe and Wade as the guards on the All-NBA 1st team.

BRHornet45
03-22-2009, 02:17 AM
1. Mavs lost to the Cheat because of fluke shots and biased officiating, it wasn't a choke.

2. Hornets on the other hand choked away a 2-0 lead to the Spurs because CP3 decided Jannero Pargo, a Euroleague scrub chucker bench player, can win a Game 7 in the 4th quarter.

3. Owning the Mavericks is not a big deal today.

4. Maybe our run is over (One ring faggot), but at least we had one, the Hornets don't have a future but never had a past either. lolz! Gonna be funny this summer when the FO trades Tyson Chandler for a 2nd round draft pick and gonna be even funnier when CP3 bolts after 3-4 shitty mediocre years while Posey West and Peja are aging like motherfuckers.

Gonna be EVEN fucking funnier the day KC or Seattle absorb the Hornets.

son your Mavericks are the choke artist. quit making excuses about the 06 finals ... your team fucking LOST. the Mavericks didn't have what it took to win the championship and they never will. They had the championship wrapped up, but choked it away and you will forever blame the NBA for theMavs suck-ass-ness. The Heat completely owned them lol ....

oh and another Seattle joke! how original of you Ghazi .... yet so ignorant. I guess the fact that we are selling out every game, adding thousands more season ticket holders, waiting list for luxury suites, new corporate sponsors every week, and making profit is not relevant huh? not to mention Shinn is working on a deal to lock the Hornets in for another 10 years. good try, but epic fail douche bag ....

Ghazi, seriously son. lets meet up at a game sometime and watch the Mavericks suck ass. which handicap section do you sit in you faggot mother fucker ?

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 02:19 AM
You didn't even follow the NBA in '06 Hornets fans are 18 months old. :lol

BRHornet45
03-22-2009, 02:20 AM
You didn't even follow the NBA in '06 Hornets fans are 18 months old. :lol

son again you fail. I have had season tickets with the Hornets since 2002.

son your bullshit ass team was a joke until that dancing with the stars internet billionaire bought them. no one gave two shits about the mavericks ... you included.

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Well son I'm tired of going back and forth with you and need to get some sleep. Have fun watching CP3 flop and whine his way into a 1st round exit this year. I just wonder who he'll defer to in the 4th quarter of the elimination game now that Pargo is gone. Sean Marks? Melvin Ely? :lol :lol

BRHornet45
03-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Well son I'm tired of going back and forth with you and need to get some sleep. Have fun watching CP3 flop and whine his way into a 1st round exit this year. I just wonder who he'll defer to in the 4th quarter of the elimination game now that Pargo is gone. Sean Marks? Melvin Ely? :lol :lol

son have fun fighting those Suns for the 8th seed from now on ...

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2009, 09:52 AM
aka guilty

Anyone who really thinks he's guilty is naive as a virgin. That slut had 8 different kinds of cum in her right before that "incident," yet the best basketball player in the world goes to her quaint little town and all of sudden she's not willing? LMAO...they settled? They dropped the case cause she was full of shit and looking for a meal ticket. I do understand why bitter rival fans grasp onto this though, because the only raping Kobe does is of your teams on a nightly basis. Thanks for playing, son:hat

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2009, 09:57 AM
and I MIGHT think about voting for Chris Paul one day if he cleans the sand out of his vajayjay

Rogue
03-22-2009, 10:13 AM
son Paul is obviously a great player in this league and he is the major power that keeps the hornets afloat. Paul is inarguably good but he still looks faded compared to Wade this season, Wade is so good that no one else deserves to be mentioned as a candidate for the mvp.

gaKNOW!blee
03-22-2009, 10:17 AM
son Paul is obviously a great player in this league and he is the major power that keeps the hornets afloat. Paul is inarguably good but he still looks faded compared to Wade this season, Wade is so good that no one else deserves to be mentioned as a candidate for the mvp.

Considering Lebrons numbers are basically identical and LBJ's team is much better I strongly disagree with that last statement.