PDA

View Full Version : Horry Game

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I felt after Malik was traded Horry game would be alot better he has only one good game other than that he has been below average player which is not good to SPURS fans.We need Horry to step up in order for the SPURS start playing alot BETTER. Everybody blames BARRY,but we also have to look at Horry for the SPURS bad wins and bad loses.

Rummpd
03-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Horry plays soft to often. Nazr should get his minutes and I believe will eventually.

Solid D
03-14-2005, 10:26 AM
On offense, Horry's lack of scoring has hurt the Spurs in what they like to do. They like to use him out on the floor for pick and pops and spacing. Against Denver, Rob went 0-5 with 2 points, 3 rebounds and 2 TOs.Against PHX Rob was 2-6 with 1 rebound, but he was able to hit some FTs and ended up with 8 pts. He played 20 min. in each game. Since coming back from injury 8 games ago he is 5-14 from the arc, primarily having two decent games to help that percentage.

Nazr doesn't offer the same options away from the basket, so the Spurs offensive sets look different when he's in there. They'll have to use him like more they use Rasho...basically 16 feet and in. His offensive rebounding prowess will be best served with him set up near the lane.

In short, the Spurs need Horry to spot Tim. Nazr to spot Rasho. Horry needs to hit his shots or the lane will collapse and assist opportunities (extra pass on close-outs) will dry up.

1Parker1
03-14-2005, 05:31 PM
The problem with Horry is that even though his offensive game is down the tubes ?(when's the last time he hit a three-pointer anyway?) his rebounding and defense is also not that great. 3 rebounds when you're playing 20 some minutes? Not good. If anything, he should at least be playing some defense out there and rebounding shots.

Does anyone know if he is retiring after this season?

exstatic
03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
What you're seeing from Horry now is likely what you will see in the future.

johnny00
03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
^^^^^^^ Well it's no secret how I feel about Robert, I always wondered how he made the roster for this years squad. Guess it helps a lot if Pop is in your favor.

exstatic
03-14-2005, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't bring him back if I'm Pop, at least not as a rotation player. I would take Tim, Rasho, and Nazr, and split up the 96 minutes available at the 4 and 5 between them.

missmyzte
03-15-2005, 12:02 AM
The problem with Horry is that even though his offensive game is down the tubes ?(when's the last time he hit a three-pointer anyway?) his rebounding and defense is also not that great. 3 rebounds when you're playing 20 some minutes? Not good. If anything, he should at least be playing some defense out there and rebounding shots.

Does anyone know if he is retiring after this season?

Answer to Question 1: He hit TWO 3's tonight.

Answer to Question 2: He has a player's option on his contract, I believe he will retire after NEXT season.

1Parker1
03-15-2005, 12:31 AM
^^LOL, do I sense a hostile tone? FYI i posted that yesterday, before tonight's game. I know you love him, but seriously, you have to admit, he hasn't been playing that great lately. Then again, he wasn't the only one.

missmyzte
03-15-2005, 12:45 AM
^^LOL, do I sense a hostile tone? FYI i posted that yesterday, before tonight's game. I know you love him, but seriously, you have to admit, he hasn't been playing that great lately. Then again, he wasn't the only one.

Naw, you'd know if I was being hostile. Just a gentle reminder to everyone that's he's playing on a broken leg. :) He did hit 2 more 3-pointers on the 8th against the Nets (had 12 points in that game), plus one against the Bulls the game prior and two more against the Raptors (had 13 points in that game).

Solid D
03-15-2005, 12:48 AM
It's funny...I made a comment in the Game Blog tonight that Horry must have been reading our posts. He showed everyone he's not dead yet. :hat

milkyway21
03-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Horry can collapse the defense around Tim when he starts shooting from the perimeter. i have no complains. But i prefer Nazr to take some of his minutes if needed to. Nazr is far more aggressive on the board.