PDA

View Full Version : Manu please come back soon!

Budkin
03-22-2009, 05:19 PM
We need you brother!

new_N_town
03-22-2009, 05:23 PM
do you think he will underachieve?? cause of all da pressure

Baseline
03-22-2009, 05:28 PM
We don't have enough firepower without Manu. We can't beat good teams without him because he's our closer.

Right now we only have two guys who can get their own shots - Tim and Tony. Well, Tim is at 65% and TP is gassed due to having to pull all the weight.

Without Manu, we're a very flawed, very average team.

With Manu, it's a whole different story. Simple as that.

Kori Ellis
03-22-2009, 05:31 PM
People shouldn't expect miracles when Manu comes back. Pop is probably going to easy him in at 10-15 minutes a night.

The Spurs definitely need him badly though. Hopefully it will just be a few more days.

TMTTRIO
03-22-2009, 05:34 PM
^True this was a game that they could've won without him. Besides it's going to take Manu a while to get in game shape.

SpursFan0728
03-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Interesting to see if Pop will play him on Tuesday vs. Warriors. A sense of urgency maybe?

SenorSpur
03-22-2009, 05:55 PM
There's no doubt that the Spurs miss Manu greatly. However, I will say again what I said after last years playoff defeat to the Fakers. Manu's missing productivity is not all that's wrong with this team. There are other reasons the Spurs are struggling besides the missing the contributions of Manu.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Manu at 75% is better than any other option we have right now..

I want him to be healthy though..I can take a few more losses to make sure he's at least at 90-95%..

I don't think people really realize how valuable Manu is to this team..this is a system completely centered around 3 guys, one of them being Manu..Roger Mason CAN'T handle the ball or create plays, and he can't finish at the rim..it kills our entire offense when our ball handler can't create plays..

Manu creates plays for everybody..I think people are really underrating Ginobili's impact to this team..the fact that some people are giving up on the season due to 2 losses against quality teams, one of them due to something you'll NEVER see in an NBA game ever again, when we're playing without Manu Ginobili..

have people really forgotten how good and valuable he is to this team?..

our D is back to being at a high level..our rebounding has been good enough..our problem has been our offense, and Manu clearly addresses that..

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 05:58 PM
In the coaches post interview with Brown, he said Manu looked his best yesterday when he was going 2 on 2. Brown said Manu wasn't scared to come down on his ankles after driving and was coming down confidently. Just a matter of a few days before he comes back. Tweetie bird will probably be right, Manu will come back against the Clippers. He said Manu's been at Pop to play him, but Pop will stick to Pop's schedule.

I hope Manu comes back soon because I am just throwing up on Roger Mason! At this point, I don't think it hurts at all to just let Hill handle the ball until Manu gets back, because Mason is not handling the ball any better than Hill.

Plus, why doesn't Pop let Bowen play earlier. I was at the game and Artest was just hot and owning Finley or whoever was on him. Pop put Bowen on Artest After Artest had 20 points. Artest only scored 4 more points after they put Bowen on him. When is Pop going to get serious about his rotations? Damn...

spurtech09
03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I say take as much time off before the play offs.....it would be nice though if manu came back soon...

SpursFan0728
03-22-2009, 06:01 PM
In the coaches post interview with Brown, he said Manu looked his best yesterday when he was going 2 on 2. Brown said Manu wasn't scared to come down on his ankles after driving and was coming down confidently. Just a matter of a few days before he comes back. Tweetie bird will probably be right, Manu will come back against the Clippers. He said Manu's been at Pop to play him, but Pop will stick to Pop's schedule.

I hope Manu comes back soon because I am just throwing up on Roger Mason! At this point, I don't think it hurts at all to just let Hill handle the ball until Manu gets back, because Mason is not handling the ball any better than Hill.

Plus, why doesn't Pop let Bowen play earlier. I was at the game and Artest was just hot and owning Finley or whoever was on him. Pop put Bowen on Artest After Artest had 20 points. Artest only scored 4 more points after they put Bowen on him. When is Pop going to get serious about his rotations? Damn...

:tu

I can't agree more.

WalterBenitez
03-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Manu is a weapon, not the only answer... I am worried about our lacks of defense, we are getting soft. We've been lost that intesity we used to had.

Not sure how could affect but I'd go with Bruce as starter and sending Mason to bench, going with Manu, Mason, Hill as second unit.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2009, 07:32 PM
our D has been great for a few weeks now, that isn't the problem at all..we've jumped up over 10 rankings in a matter of weeks on the defensive FG% stat..our offense has suffered badly without Manu..

45 bank shot
03-22-2009, 07:35 PM
our D has been great for a few weeks now, that isn't the problem at all..we've jumped up over 10 rankings in a matter of weeks on the defensive FG% stat..our offense has suffered badly without Manu..

Not the D but the O

kuato
03-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Im tired to see how underated and underapreciated Manu is by some "fans"

DAF86
03-22-2009, 10:13 PM
People shouldn't expect miracles when Manu comes back. Pop is probably going to easy him in at 10-15 minutes a night.

The Spurs definitely need him badly though. Hopefully it will just be a few more days.

Just having him on the bench dressed with the uniform changes things. It takes a lot of pressure off Duncan and Parker. And the team as a whole plays with more confidence.

I just hope all those "Manu traders" realize how important he's to this team.

cool hand
03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
vC23uAUGjhc&feature=related

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 10:30 PM
ST member Phila Chamberlain who has a tweetie bird friend spilling info about Manu (see thread) just stated the prognosis for Manu's return is sooner than expected. The return date has changed from the Clippers to a sooner debut againt the Hawks in Atlanta.

Assuming it's true, I will toast to that...:toast

objective
03-23-2009, 12:26 AM
There's no doubt that the Spurs miss Manu greatly. However, I will say again what I said after last years playoff defeat to the Fakers. Manu's missing productivity is not all that's wrong with this team. There are other reasons the Spurs are struggling besides the missing the contributions of Manu.

This is very true, but will be lost on most.

crc21209
03-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Manu will be back, most likely Friday of course beginning with limited mins, but even that will help this team greatly, just a burst of energy.

Manu-of-steel
03-23-2009, 01:20 AM
manu will come back soon on limited minutes. come play offs, the spurs will be very hard to beat. especially if manu plays 100%, which i think he will. go spurs go!

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2009, 01:21 AM
indeed, I hope he comes back full strength

timvp
03-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Just having him on the bench dressed with the uniform changes things. It takes a lot of pressure off Duncan and Parker. And the team as a whole plays with more confidence.Just by him being dressed on the bench? WTF? :lol

I thought Church of Manu was figurative . . .

RocketsYAO11
03-23-2009, 02:02 AM
but he is getting old
spurs is old

Blackjack
03-23-2009, 02:10 AM
but he is getting old
spurs is old

Phenomenal, first post.:rolleyes

Ice009
03-23-2009, 06:24 AM

I just watched the game and commented about Pop having the wrong rotations again by hardly playing Bowen at all. Bowen was fucking awesome out there. He really went for it on defense.

Ice009
03-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Manu is a weapon, not the only answer... I am worried about our lacks of defense, we are getting soft. We've been lost that intesity we used to had.

Not sure how could affect but I'd go with Bruce as starter and sending Mason to bench, going with Manu, Mason, Hill as second unit.

How about starting Ime instead of Mason? Send Mason to the bench cause he is proving that he can't play against the other teams starters. Mason could benefit by playing against the other teams' bench guys to get back into rhythm on offense.

DAF86
03-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Just by him being dressed on the bench? WTF? :lol

I thought Church of Manu was figurative . . .

We Argentines don't start Churchs for sports heroes figuratively. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt71u6KJAes

HarlemHeat37
03-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Mason's problem isn't that he's playing against starters..he's already proven he can do that..

he's struggling because of his role right now..he's a PURE shooter..all he does is shoot..he shouldn't have the responsibility of doing ANYTHING other than shooting..there's no reason he should be handling the ball, driving, or making plays for teammates..he doesn't fit that role..

Manu CAN play that role, so hopefully Pop puts him there..

BUMP
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
what has Manu done in his career except for foul Dirk to send the Mavericks to the Finals?

i wouldnt be so happy if i were you SPERM fans

mytespurs
03-23-2009, 06:13 PM

I agree! He may not be near 100% until playoff time and probably deep into it....which may be an advantage for the Spurs.

Hook Dem
03-23-2009, 06:22 PM
what has Manu done in his career except for foul Dirk to send the Mavericks to the Finals?

i wouldnt be so happy if i were you SPERM fans

Must suck to be a Mav fan hanging out on a Spurs board!

sananspursfan21
03-23-2009, 06:38 PM
it's not really about manu. he adds a whole dynamic to their game yes, but if SA is a true championship contender, they can do it without him. the spurs' true centerpiece is tim duncan, aside from him, i say there's no injury excuses.

de Soto
03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
The Spurs need more than just Manu. They need to get their shit together and be healthy. It is hard to be optimistic at this point in time given their recent flipflopping.

Ghazi
03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Shut your pink ass up

de Soto
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Shut your pink ass up

Thats funny...coming from a mavs semenguzzlerfanboy. :lmao

ducks
03-23-2009, 08:40 PM

spurs should even need him
they could have won the last two games easily without him

keep him out tell the playoffs

HarlemHeat37
03-23-2009, 08:47 PM
so we don't need a guy that will score 15-20 points every night, spark the team off the bench, and create plays for his teammates?..

Indazone
03-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Manu needs to come back right away to shake off the rust and be ready for the playoffs.