PDA

View Full Version : These last two games have totally depressed me.

SequSpur
03-22-2009, 05:29 PM
I really don't think there is hope and this team has no chance... I just don't see it.

:depressed

TDMVPDPOY
03-22-2009, 05:32 PM
no shit, they give you hope for 3 quarters and destroy the hope you had in them down the stretch....

Roxsfan
03-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Manu should give you a lift soon.....................

SenorSpur
03-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I really don't think there is hope and this team has no chance... I just don't see it.

I don't think it's fatalistic at all to admit that.

polandprzem
03-22-2009, 05:38 PM

There should be an automatic ban for you when you hit "start new thread" button

romsho
03-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Me too. Low point in the season- three losses in one week. This sucks.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I understand the disappointment..any time the team chokes, you have to be upset..but why are people giving up on the season because of this? We're missing a huge piece of our team right now, yet we beat ourselves by 1 possession against 2 quality teams..

Spursfan092120
03-22-2009, 05:44 PM
buck up, buttercup. It'll be alright. Manu will make you smile again.

benefactor
03-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Aww...would you like a hug and a tousle of the hair? Quit acting like a borderline.

Capt Bringdown
03-22-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm starting to feel like that the day we've always dreaded has arrived.
Not fun.

SpursGO
03-22-2009, 06:36 PM
eh

tony09manu
03-22-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm starting to feel like that the day we've always dreaded has arrived.
Not fun.

I felt the same way in 2007. Look what happened then.

As people have stated before...it's alright to initially be angry, but you need to realize that THIS IS NOT THE PLAYOFFS. The Rockets have still lost one more game than us. We have 13 left. Anything can happen, as many people have pointed out. Sure the Spurs might lose, but the Spurs at least have a chance to win. We are NOT the Suns, Clippers, or Warriors. If you want to feel pain and anguish, go support them. The "day" of sucking has not arrived until we go 20-62.

Ghazi
03-22-2009, 06:37 PM
After all the close fluke wins the Spurs had earlier this year, they were due for some close losses.

boutons_
03-22-2009, 06:39 PM
"this is not the playoffs"

this is late march, spurs are weak shit, not playoff ready.

tony09manu
03-22-2009, 06:42 PM
"this is not the playoffs"

this is late march, spurs are weak shit, not playoff ready.

The Mavs in March 2006 were tough. What happened to them?

The Spurs in March 2004 were tough. What happened to them?

The Suns were tough in March 2005. What happened to them?

wisnub
03-22-2009, 07:31 PM

I agree..i will bet $1000 we will not win the championship this year for sure...only Manu can prove me wrong coz i've seen everyone else.

ILoveOranges
03-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure you can really count today's loss as a choke. We were up 1 after a clutch basket before Yao made an absolutely perfect pass. Not to mention the defense was tack sharp, and Udoka made a difference. Chill out, maybe things aren't so bad.

GrandeDavid
03-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Manu should give you a lift soon.....................

Go Steve Slaton! FINALLY I think we'll have a playoff football team in Houston starting next season. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season.

de Soto
03-22-2009, 07:57 PM

There is always hope and of course the Spurs will have a chance...but it is just not very likely that they will get anywhere if they cannot DRASTICALLY improve all aspects of their game.:(

The Spurs really play like they have no balls these days.

smeagol
03-22-2009, 08:07 PM

Who the fuck cares if you are depressed? Seriously . . .

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 08:21 PM

You will see your hope soon. He will have a shaved head and a big nose. He will be wearing a number 20 jersey and you will hear him speak more than one language. Look for him and you will see hope.:p:

SequSpur
03-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Manu ain't shit

Spursmania
03-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay Sequ, so according to you, "manu ain't shit"---"tony ain't shit"

Then who's the shit???

LMAO:lol:lmao

Indazone
03-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Manu better come back pretty soon with 10 games left or he will be rusty as hell come playoff time.

BlackSwordsMan
03-22-2009, 08:54 PM
If my boyfriend cost my favorite team to lose two games I would be depressed too

StoneBuddha
03-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, on the bright side of things, the defense is coming around. They offense is still iffy but it just needs a little spark that Manu can easily provide once he gets in synch.

All the pieces are there, it's just a matter of things gelling in time. I'm actually more confident than I was a month ago... Duncan's health is actually my biggest concern, even more than Manu's.

To me, they are almost in the same position as past years. They have a chance in the playoffs (especially with Bynum out), but they need to get healthy and get a break here or there.

:flag:

Spursfan092120
03-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Well, on the bright side of things, the defense is coming around. They offense is still iffy but it just needs a little spark that Manu can easily provide once he gets in synch.

All the pieces are there, it's just a matter of things gelling in time. I'm actually more confident than I was a month ago... Duncan's health is actually my biggest concern, even more than Manu's.

To me, they are almost in the same position as past years. They have a chance in the playoffs (especially with Bynum out), but they need to get healthy and get a break here or there.

:flag:
Dig the positivity...keep bringing it. I agree 100%

galvatron3000
03-22-2009, 09:13 PM

There is hope because we don't no what Manu's return will do for the team nor do we know how Gooden will acclimate. The hope is that these two once acclimated to a degree will give them a dimension the other teams can't scout due to having no footage (not enough) of the team as an entire unit. Health is an issue but if these guys can play then you have hope that they will play good ENOUGH, remember Duncan was hurt in the Finals which was a carry over from round one against Denver and the season (foot).

tomtom
03-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Bipolar thread.

I think Sequ needs to call someone out right now, preferably Mason. That should get him going :lol

tmtcsc
03-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Holy shit. We just beat these guys last week. Why so pessimistic ? We should have beat Boston and we should have won today..WITHOUT MANU.

If we can get him back, we'll be ok. I'm not sure how far we'll go but I'll say this. The only team that can beat us in the playoffs is the Lakers.

Death In June
03-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't know how people expect manu to compensate for the rest of the team getting punked around right now. He'll make a difference, sure. I guess I'll wait and see how they perform in the last 7 games before I start freaking out.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
We are not really getting punked. We are hanging with high-caliber playoff teams with an uninvolved Gooden and injured Ginobli. There is no need to panic.

cool hand
03-22-2009, 10:16 PM
vC23uAUGjhc&feature=related

Agloco
03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I understand the disappointment..any time the team chokes, you have to be upset..but why are people giving up on the season because of this? We're missing a huge piece of our team right now, yet we beat ourselves by 1 possession against 2 quality teams..

The gloom stems from the knowledge that Timmy knees aren't going to get better. It not a stretch to assume that his game is about where it's going to be for the playoffs.

If thats the case, Manu's return = window dressing for a 2nd or 3rd round exit.

We aren't championship contenders without a completely healthy big three.

Agloco
03-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Holy shit. We just beat these guys last week. Why so pessimistic ? We should have beat Boston and we should have won today..WITHOUT MANU.

If we can get him back, we'll be ok. I'm not sure how far we'll go but I'll say this. The only team that can beat us in the playoffs is the Lakers.

Well that's the problem now isn't it? Don't try to talk yourself into believing that the Spurs are anywhere near the Laker's level at this point.

tmtcsc
03-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Don't try to talk yourself into believing that the Spurs are anywhere near the Laker's level at this point.

Why the hell are you posting that towards me ? I'm the one that said the Lakers are the only team that CAN beat us.--If we don't have Manu.

With a healthy lineup we will beat the Lakers. Don't talk yourself into thinking we don't have a shot.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Maybe Agloco is working the reverse psychology angle so that we can come out of nowhere and take it all.

roycrikside
03-23-2009, 02:07 AM
People like Sequ and Ducks won't ever admit Manu is important. They'll either write that the team can win the whole thing without him or that they can't even with him.

invitation
03-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Due to being very overweight and a familial prediposition to diabetes I was precribded reductil in November 06. I had already lost approx 3 stone (46 pounds) by myself but had plataued for over a year so I got the prescription. I have to say it worked well and I lost another 25 pounds, bringing me just 1/2pound over the 'normal' range for my height.
I thought that I had adjused to the reductil over time and when I stopped taking them in November last year it would not make much of a difference.
I've piled on 10 pounds since then and am so depressed. I know I over ate a little at christmas, but not 10 pounds worth! I walk 3 miles a day and attend an exercise class and I stick within 1500-1700 calories 6 days out of 7 but nothing seems to be working.
I'm hungry, moody and putting weight on again and I can't go back to being that big again and I don't know what to do! Has anyone else been through anything similar or have any ideas?

doldrums
03-23-2009, 07:47 AM
SEQU, can you address this poster's issue?

Due to being very overweight and a familial prediposition to diabetes I was precribded reductil in November 06. I had already lost approx 3 stone (46 pounds) by myself but had plataued for over a year so I got the prescription. I have to say it worked well and I lost another 25 pounds, bringing me just 1/2pound over the 'normal' range for my height.
I thought that I had adjused to the reductil over time and when I stopped taking them in November last year it would not make much of a difference.
I've piled on 10 pounds since then and am so depressed. I know I over ate a little at christmas, but not 10 pounds worth! I walk 3 miles a day and attend an exercise class and I stick within 1500-1700 calories 6 days out of 7 but nothing seems to be working.
I'm hungry, moody and putting weight on again and I can't go back to being that big again and I don't know what to do! Has anyone else been through anything similar or have any ideas?

mexicanjunior
03-23-2009, 11:56 AM

Yup...if the Spurs do not have HCA in the first round, it will be one and done...

crc21209
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Spurs will be the 2 or 3 seed for sure, no worries...Houston has a way tougher schedule than us...most of the games on the road. They have Utah, Phx, LA on the road up next. The Spurs play 2 winning teams in their next 6 games.